Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather/Hatton 24/7..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
BigG
The show revolved around how much of a nice guy Ricky Hatton is..and how much of a arrogant person Floyd is...."THERES ONLY OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNE MAYWEATHER"
PR316
Laughing my ass off at Mayweather Sr saying how he was gonna "put it on his son".

The guy is a joke as a trainer and as a father. Mayweather Jr is arrogant and I can see why some wouldn't like him, but his dad is a total bum. I don't know how ANYBODY could have respect for somebody like him.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(PR316 @ Nov 19 2007, 09:02 AM) [snapback]365948[/snapback]
Laughing my ass off at Mayweather Sr saying how he was gonna "put it on his son".
The guy is a joke as a trainer and as a father. Mayweather Jr is arrogant and I can see why some wouldn't like him, but his dad is a total bum. I don't know how ANYBODY could have respect for somebody like him.

LOL! "He better take it out on his opponents, cause if he tries to take it out on me, I'll put it on him." Or something to the effect.

This countdown is just like a movie. Mayweather is like Apollo Creed or something.. And Hatton kinda like Rocky. But I expect Floyd to be runnin his big mouth for a time to come.

There's somethin about Ricky that is startin to get to me outside the ring as well now. They keep sayin that he is just a normal guy outside the ring and that he is no star. But then, if I am not mistaken, someone was sayin that he is a god in Manchester. It's just that they are makin this guy out to be some kinda saint or something. That is kinda gettin to me worse than Floyd's annoying personality. I am not one to really try and get influenced by what a fighter does outside the ring, but so many dump on Floyd and give Hatton all the credit in the world. Mind you that it was Hatton that started the entire trash talk between him and Floyd before the fight was even made after his fight with Castillo. Then Hatton says that Floyd is disrespectful when it was Hatton that said that shit about Floyd to begin with. I can't wait for Hatton to get schooled.
Snoop
QUOTE(PR316 @ Nov 19 2007, 02:02 PM) [snapback]365948[/snapback]

Seeing Mayweather Sr. kinda makes you understand why Mayweather Jr is the way he is.

There's somethin about Ricky that is startin to get to me outside the ring as well now. They keep sayin that he is just a normal guy outside the ring and that he is no star. But then, if I am not mistaken, someone was sayin that he is a god in Manchester. It's just that they are makin this guy out to be some kinda saint or something. That is kinda gettin to me worse than Floyd's annoying personality. I am not one to really try and get influenced by what a fighter does outside the ring, but so many dump on Floyd and give Hatton all the credit in the world. Mind you that it was Hatton that started the entire trash talk between him and Floyd before the fight was even made after his fight with Castillo. Then Hatton says that Floyd is disrespectful when it was Hatton that said that shit about Floyd to begin with. I can't wait for Hatton to get schooled.

I tend to agree with this. There's always been something about Hatton that just rubbed me the wrong way. The whole nice guy humble act could be just that, an act.
salvador
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 19 2007, 11:16 AM) [snapback]365954[/snapback]
Mind you that it was Hatton that started the entire trash talk between him and Floyd before the fight was even made after his fight with Castillo. Then Hatton says that Floyd is disrespectful when it was Hatton that said that shit about Floyd to begin with.

Two things:

1.) Floyd's been talking trash about Hatton for a long time now - ever since before his fight with Gatti.

2.) Hatton saying that there was more action in the first four rounds of his fight with Castillo than in Floyd's entire career is essentially true, whereas Floyd talking about knocking Hatton out is rediculous, seeing as how we all know that he isn't even going to try.

You and I both know that this will be a one-sided decision. I think the real artistry here is that Floyd was able to convince Hatton to get in the ring in the first place.
The CEO
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 19 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]365954[/snapback]
LOL! "He better take it out on his opponents, cause if he tries to take it out on me, I'll put it on him." Or something to the effect.

This countdown is just like a movie. Mayweather is like Apollo Creed or something.. And Hatton kinda like Rocky. But I expect Floyd to be runnin his big mouth for a time to come.

Good post. It's true.

Lots of people are finally catching on to Hatton being fake...even his fellow countrymen...he ain't no saint.

Snoop
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 19 2007, 03:38 PM) [snapback]365959[/snapback]
2.) Hatton saying that there was more action in the first four rounds of his fight with Castillo than in Floyd's entire career is essentially true, whereas Floyd talking about knocking Hatton out is rediculous, seeing as how we all know that he isn't even going to try.

I don't agree with this at all. From what I remember, Hatton/Castillo was supposed to be another fight of the century but there was just a TON of holding on Hatton's part with short spurts of action.

I don't even know why people dislike Floyd's style of fighting so much. His style is very interesting, hard to master and seeing him perfect it is entertaining for me at least. It is not brawler type action because that's not the type of fighter Floyd is, but that's also not the only style of fighting that should be appreciated.

Also it should come as no surprise that Mayweather is saying he's going to knock someone out and not deliver. At the end of the day, this is a business and that's how you market a fight. How many other fighters say they're going to knock their opponent out and not deliver? Nobody before the fight is going to say "Yeah, I'm going to box him to win a not-so-exciting 12 round decision". I mean honestly what do ya'll expect?
BigG
There is no doubt that Floyd IS a cocky asshole though.
salvador
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 19 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]365962[/snapback]
I don't agree with this at all. From what I remember, Hatton/Castillo was supposed to be another fight of the century but there was just a TON of holding on Hatton's part with short spurts of action.

Also it should come as no surprise that Mayweather is saying he's going to knock someone out and not deliver. At the end of the day, this is a business and that's how you market a fight. How many other fighters say they're going to knock their opponent out and not deliver? Nobody before the fight is going to say "Yeah, I'm going to box him to win a not-so-exciting 12 round decision". I mean honestly what do ya'll expect?

The point with Hatton's fight with Castillo was that Hatton took the risks required to get the ko.

And as far as Floyd selling the fight as one thing when he has no intention of delivering, that's fundamentally dishonest business. And the boxing fans, particularly the newer fans who are getting adjusted to the notion of paying $50 for a sporting event when the Superbowl is free, are the ones who end up disappointed. And, generally speaking, most name brand fighters who promise kos at least try to deliver.

The reason people don't find Floyd's style interesting is that he goes so far out of his way to avoid drama. Obviously if he can avoid getting hit that's great, but if he's avoiding getting hit and just doing enough to win rounds with the least amount of contact, then people are watching a ballet rather than a fight.

Maxy
Right now my pick is Floyd on points after a really tough fight.

Just want to know why people are thinking Hatton is fake? Seriously the guy is pretty down to earth.
Snoop
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 19 2007, 04:35 PM) [snapback]365980[/snapback]
The point with Hatton's fight with Castillo was that Hatton took the risks required to get the ko.

Taking risks and being exciting are two different things. If that's what you define as Hatton taking risks, it wasn't terribly exciting, at least not to the point that would warrant a comment he made after the fight (although it was a good insult).

And as far as Floyd selling the fight as one thing when he has no intention of delivering, that's fundamentally dishonest business. And the boxing fans, particularly the newer fans who are getting adjusted to the notion of paying $50 for a sporting event when the Superbowl is free, are the ones who end up disappointed. And, generally speaking, most name brand fighters who promise kos at least try to deliver.
Well it's difficult to tell whether or not Floyd has any intentions at this point. Smart fighters only take the KO if its presented to them during the fight and I'm sure Mayweather has the same thinking (well except the Baldomir fight, but I'm not even sure if he could have knocked him out). I agree with you that it doesn't help the sport for newer fans to be promised something and not delivered, I just don't think anyone should expect for him to say anything else, or any fighter to really say anything else for that matter.

The reason people don't find Floyd's style interesting is that he goes so far out of his way to avoid drama. Obviously if he can avoid getting hit that's great, but if he's avoiding getting hit and just doing enough to win rounds with the least amount of contact, then people are watching a ballet rather than a fight.

To each their own I suppose. I find what he is able to do extremely difficult and appreciate that skill. Don't get me wrong, I like my brawls as much as the next guy, I just know what to expect when I order a Mayweather fight and I rarely walk away dissatisfied.
Snoop
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 19 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]365985[/snapback]
Just want to know why people are thinking Hatton is fake? Seriously the guy is pretty down to earth.

Are you basing this off his media interviews or do you personally know the guy? It's this image of being "pretty down to earth" that seems fake to me.
BigG

This is boxing, Floyd's been blessed with tremendous talent and speed. I think Floyd's style beautiful to watch.....Alot of young guys look up to him.
buford54
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 19 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]365988[/snapback]
Are you basing this off his media interviews or do you personally know the guy? It's this image of being "pretty down to earth" that seems fake to me.

Off of his media interviews, he seems like a normal guy to me. He likes to drink beer at the pub and hang out and he's a good fighter...I don't know what's so fake about that? Is it that hard to believe that he's a normal guy? Do you think he walks around beating up children or something?

Obviously they are trying to hype the fight up, and Mayweather is a prick, so he plays the bad guy well.
And everyone knows that Floyd won't deliver on his promises. He won't knock anyone out. He'll win by boring UD.
Floyd is like a car insurance commercial. He promises to save you a ton of money and forgive all of your accidents just to get you to call in...but once you've called in it's a long annoying process that really doesn't end up saving you anything, and you wasted 30 minutes of your life going through the quote process.

But that's marketing. If you actually buy the crap that comes out of his mouth, then you'll be disappointed by the end result. If you buy based on his history and skill as a fighter, you won't be disappointed.
Southeastpaw
Hatton just takes it so far to make sure we all know that he is down to earth. Always hearing about it. Sayin that he is not the star of the gym he works out at, he is just another one of the boxers training in the gym (while there are a hundred people taking pictures of him and watching him outside the ring at that gym). You call that being "real"? At least Floyd is up front for the most part. Floyd was not always this way. I think he has a lot of distain for his father and having a relationship like that with your father has everything to do with the way you act as an adult.
The CEO
Anyone else going all in on a Mayweather win?....thanks to this 24/7 shit, the odds will be as favorable as they can be...

I'll be making sizeable bets at a few different gambling sites before their last call...

Time to get paid for my Hate.
singletrack
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 19 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]365996[/snapback]
Anyone else going all in on a Mayweather win?....thanks to this 24/7 shit, the odds will be as favorable as they can be...

I'll be making sizeable bets at a few different gambling sites before their last call...

Time to get paid for my Hate.

If the odds change...right now it is still too lopsided to interest me.
Snoop
Off of his media interviews, he seems like a normal guy to me. He likes to drink beer at the pub and hang out and he's a good fighter...I don't know what's so fake about that? Is it that hard to believe that he's a normal guy? Do you think he walks around beating up children or something?
Just because I think the guy isn't down to earth doesn't mean I think he's a child beater. Where the fuck did that come from? Floyd's an outright asshole, but I don't think he's a child beater either.

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 19 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]365995[/snapback]

Hatton just takes it so far to make sure we all know that he is down to earth. Always hearing about it. Sayin that he is not the star of the gym he works out at, he is just another one of the boxers training in the gym (while there are a hundred people taking pictures of him and watching him outside the ring at that gym). You call that being "real"? At least Floyd is up front for the most part. Floyd was not always this way. I think he has a lot of distain for his father and having a relationship like that with your father has everything to do with the way you act as an adult.

Exactly. If the guy is really down to earth, he wouldn't have to repeatedly say and prove that he is. That alone is suspicious to me. I think deep down inside himself he knows he's a pretty damn big star, and him playing it down just makes him that much more appealing to the fans, which is fine, I just don't necessarily believe that he's sincere about it.

And yes, Floyd's personality has ALOT to do with his fucked up family.
Imperius3
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 19 2007, 10:58 AM) [snapback]365988[/snapback]

I'm not sure about Hatton being real either.

I remember how Hatton acted after Corrales died, giving Michelle Corrales flowers and all. That was very nice of him, but I wondered if it was genuine...or just a show. I mean he didn't even know Corrales. I don't know.
Snoop
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]366006[/snapback]

I remember how Hatton acted after Corrales died, giving Michelle Corrales flowers and all. That was very nice of him, but I wondered if it was genuine...or just a show. I mean he didn't even know Corrales. I don't know.

It was definitely a PR move. It made much more sense for Castillo to give flowers to Corrales's wife, regardless if he lost or not.
Maxy
I really don't understand the reasoning behind some of the comments doubting whether Hatton is genuine or not. I mean, calling him fake strikes me as being naive.
Snoop
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 19 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]366009[/snapback]
I really don't understand the reasoning behind some of the comments doubting whether Hatton is genuine or not. I mean, calling him fake strikes me as being naive.

Again, are you basing your opinions on meeting him or off his interviews?

DLH, on camera, seems like a hell of a nice guy, but a complete fucking asshole in person. Marvin Hagler seemed really intimidating and mean in interviews, but I've heard to be one of the coolest guys to shoot the shit with in person.

So I don't see how doubting his sincerity would be naive if so many other boxers have shown to be different from how they act on camera. In fact, it would naive to believe whatever you see on TV.
Maxy
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 19 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]366010[/snapback]
Again, are you basing your opinions on meeting him or off his interviews?

DLH, on camera, seems like a hell of a nice guy, but a complete fucking asshole in person. Marvin Hagler seemed really intimidating and mean in interviews, but I've heard to be one of the coolest guys to shoot the shit with in person.

So I don't see how doubting his sincerity would be naive if so many other boxers have shown to be different from how they act on camera. In fact, it would naive to believe whatever you see on TV.

Snoop...Me? Personally? Nope, I haven't met him. However I do have a few mates who have met him and a few more mates of mates who say nothing but good things about him. OK, they might be fans of his so why would they slag him off?

However, I believe I've seen as much coverage of Hatton as anybody else and right from the start he has remained a solid salt of the earth type fella. I haven't as yet seen anything fake about him. Straight up.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 19 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]366013[/snapback]
Snoop...Me? Personally? Nope, I haven't met him. However I do have a few mates who have met him and a few more mates of mates who say nothing but good things about him. OK, they might be fans of his so why would they slag him off?

However, I believe I've seen as much coverage of Hatton as anybody else and right from the start he has remained a solid salt of the earth type fella. I haven't as yet seen anything fake about him. Straight up.

i agree with this. where is this talk coming from anyway? ive always thought of hatton as a down to earth guy that likes to slam beers and joke around.

BigG
I always thought that he was down to eart, nice guy...but frankly I wouldnt know....Judah is a cocky guy on camera but I've heard alot of fans say he is a pretty chilled guy in person.....but Hatton and his team kind of reminded people over and over again that he is down to earth and it seemed like he wanted to stress that point.
Snoop
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]366016[/snapback]
I always thought that he was down to eart, nice guy...but frankly I wouldnt know....Judah is a cocky guy on camera but I've heard alot of fans say he is a pretty chilled guy in person.....but Hatton and his team kind of reminded people over and over again that he is down to earth and it seemed like he wanted to stress that point.

And this is exactly my point. I'm not saying Hatton ISN'T a nice guy, I'm just not fully convinced that he's the guy that they try to portray him to be, ironically because they're doing, IMO, too much of it.
Method
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 19 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]366009[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't get the sense that he is fake at all. I'll go as far to say He couldn't have appeared more genuine.

Nor do I think Floyd is fake...I think he is as GENUINE an ASSHOLE as can be.

Poor poor little black boy got his ass kicked by his daddy. Boo fucking hoo. Who DIDN'T get their ass kicked by their parents? I sure as hell did....I got it even when I didn't do anything wrong....and guess what? I deserved every fucking minute of it. Floyd's a fucking asshole. And it's kind of ashame as m uch air tie as he gets, he just looks worse and worse. He just looks so damn fake and artificial when he is in front of any public camera...ESPECIALLY when it's non boxing related.

They should focus the 24/7 ore on the Black Mamba. That's who I want to know about.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 19 2007, 04:41 PM) [snapback]366058[/snapback]
Agreed. I don't get the sense that he is fake at all. I'll go as far to say He couldn't have appeared more genuine.

Poor poor little black boy got his ass kicked by his daddy. Boo fucking hoo. Who DIDN'T get their ass kicked by their parents? I sure as hell did....I got it even when I didn't do anything wrong....and guess what? I deserved every fucking minute of it. Floyd's a fucking asshole. And it's kind of ashame as m uch air tie as he gets, he just looks worse and worse. He just looks so damn fake and artificial when he is in front of any public camera...ESPECIALLY when it's non boxing related.

They should focus the 24/7 ore on the Black Mamba. That's who I want to know about.

Just curious why you would want to know more about Roger?
Method
He's the dark horse of the series....literally AND figuratively.
BrutalBodyShots
What's the current betting line on the fight? I'd imagine Mayweather is a good 7-2 favorite give or take. If that tightens up to anything in the realm of 2-1 I will risk a bunch on Mayweather.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Imperius3 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]366006[/snapback]

That is a pretty hard hearted view I think. Deep down I think Hatton is a genuine & nice guy & deep down I think PBF is a shitbag with no redeeming qualities. Sure some of their personality is "exxagerrated" for the camera but I would not drink with PBF whereas I couls easily sink a few brews & meat pies with Hatton.

That being said I expect Hatton to take his licks & get a few in of his own. Somewhere along the lines of a 8-4 7-3 type of fight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:38 PM) [snapback]366016[/snapback]
Judah is a cocky guy on camera but I've heard alot of fans say he is a pretty chilled guy in person.....

Is that when he is not stomping a guy in a dice game after he is down?
JD
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 19 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]366069[/snapback]
What's the current betting line on the fight? I'd imagine Mayweather is a good 7-2 favorite give or take. If that tightens up to anything in the realm of 2-1 I will risk a bunch on Mayweather.

Floyd is at -280 and Hatton is at +220.

All I will say is this...this is a Golden Boy Promotions card, and we all know how badly Oscar wants to fight Hatton. I would not be surprised to see a ref who allows a little more in-fighting and grappling than Floyd and Ellerbe would like...and are already complaining about.
Southeastpaw
Hatton = FAKE Holding SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 19 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]365954[/snapback]

Right on point Southeastpaw, its like pick your poison as far as personalities go. laugh.gif

And I woun't even start on Mayweather SR. This guy must have been intolerable to live with. He speaks like he's the burning bush ............. PBF is annoying at times ......... Hatton is the ultimate in annoying ......... And add roger and floyd Sr. to the mix and after a few weeks of their nonsense, you're ready for all of them to be assinated.
The CEO
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 19 2007, 06:14 PM) [snapback]366082[/snapback]

All I will say is this...this is a Golden Boy Promotions card, and we all know how badly Oscar wants to fight Hatton. I would not be surprised to see a ref who allows a little more in-fighting and grappling than Floyd and Ellerbe would like...and are already complaining about.

I think the odds will eventually sink to -250...if that's the case, that means I'll have to bet 25 hundred to only win 1 grand...which sucks..

but it's a fuckin' LOCK!

cool.gif

QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 19 2007, 06:52 PM) [snapback]366086[/snapback]
Hatton = FAKE Holding SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

thumbsup_anim.gif

I agree...but with no "lol".
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 19 2007, 11:14 PM) [snapback]366082[/snapback]

I hope that is the case. This is boxing not power rangers & a major part of boxing is clinching & fighting on the inside. I hope PBF gets his ribs BBQ'd & pisses blood for a month before having to get his kidney removed.
BigG
Holding is a part of boxing but its disgusting if its done too much...Ala Hatton-Tszyu.
Tha Docta
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 19 2007, 07:37 PM) [snapback]366094[/snapback]
Holding is a part of boxing but its disgusting if its done too much...Ala Hatton-Tszyu.

how about tszyu vs mitchel? tszyu pretty much body slammed him a couple of times.
Byrd Man
I just finished watching Mayweather/Hatton 24/7 part 1 and I'm thinking that 95% of the Mayweather footage was just recycled from Mayweather/DLH 24/7.

Let's recap.

1. Mayweather has money
2. Mayweather likes to flash his money in the camera.
3. Mayweather likes to curse a lot and say how no one can fuck with him.
4. Mayweather and his father don't get along.

I mean with the exception of learning the totally useless information that Floyd's last name used to be Sinclair, what did we learn in this one about Mayweather that we didn't know before?

What footage was there aired that wasn't virtually identical to the previous 24/7 series?

I liked seeing him around his kids and seeing him be a good dad, but every bit of what they showed except for the kids part and the part about him having an old last name, was virtually the same as the last one.

THe Hatton stuff however was pretty fun to watch. Maybe because I hadn't seen any of that stuff before, and I didn't know anything about Hatton aside from him being from Manchester and about his fights vs. Tszyu and Castillo.

Floyd comes off like he's trying to be even more of an asshole than last time. As if he has to up the ante and continue to basically say "I'm rich, bitch! And you're not"

Who the fuck is gonna relate to Floyd except for celebs that are watching this shit?

Hatton on the other hand comes off as extremely relateable and down to earth. Man, I hope he beats the shit outta Floyd. I don't know that it will happen, but here's to hoping anyway.

overall I was disappointed in the 24/7 part 1 just for the reasons above. Aside from the Hatton stuff there's hardly anything new. Are they gonna continue to do 24/7 things for Floyd and keep saying the same shit over and over?

Let me guess....there'll be a rapper in the next one?
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Nov 20 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]366097[/snapback]
how about tszyu vs mitchel? tszyu pretty much body slammed him a couple of times.

Mitchel is a punk bitch who got beaten until he cried by Tszyu. Mitchel just could not handle the heat & suffered 3rd degree burns for his trouble.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 20 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]366094[/snapback]

I actually hope that that happens purely because I despise PBF so much. The complaining he would do would be classic especially if the ref said "shut the fuck up & fight bitch".
Imperius3
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]366076[/snapback]
That is a pretty hard hearted view I think. Deep down I think Hatton is a genuine & nice guy & deep down I think PBF is a shitbag with no redeeming qualities. Sure some of their personality is "exxagerrated" for the camera but I would not drink with PBF whereas I couls easily sink a few brews & meat pies with Hatton.

That being said I expect Hatton to take his licks & get a few in of his own. Somewhere along the lines of a 8-4 7-3 type of fight.

If it was genuine, then god bless Hatton. I don't personally know him so it's my nature to question actions like that. Especially since Hatton didn't even know Corrales.
The CEO
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2007, 07:32 PM) [snapback]366092[/snapback]
I hope PBF gets his ribs BBQ'd & pisses blood for a month before having to get his kidney removed.

That's all well and good, STEVEN...you know I don't feel strongly for Mayweather....I respect him for his skills...if Floyd were to take on Cotto next, I'd be rooting for Cotto to pull off the upset...

The thing that's getting me though...is you're on The HHW...you still hate Hatton, right?

dntknw.gif

QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Nov 19 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]366097[/snapback]

What Hatton did to Tszyu and got away with is a travesty of the highest order....there is no comparison...people get body slammed here and there...shit happens...

It was Hatton's MAIN PRIORITY to punch his way in to lock Tszyu's arms down that night...that can not be denied...his 1st order of business was to cheat...

Pathetic.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(buford54 @ Nov 19 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]365993[/snapback]

This a good point. I have never cared to much for Hattons style, but why cant he be just a normal guy? I dont think he is a saint mind you, but if he is not just a plain nice guy what is he? He sure doesnt act like Floyd. Floyd will win this fight but it will be another snore fest just like the Oscar fight. Hatton holding and mauling and Mayweather throwing one shot at a time.

Boxingjunkie
STEVENSKI
I dunno I mean I hate Hatton & all but I just hate PBF more. Kind of like when Judah fought him I dislike Judah but hate PBF more so I will root for Hatton purely because I dislike him less than PBF.

Akalabah
How can you guys say Hatton is more exciting that floyd? I'd rather see floyd run and dance than hatton punch & hold. He (Hatton) is the mini white version of Bernard Hopkins. There is now way he will win this fight, he doesn't throw enough punches. Only one in the welterweight division I see beating Floyd is Paul Williams by UD. But that fight will never happen because Floyd is not an idiot.
The CEO
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 19 2007, 09:18 PM) [snapback]366113[/snapback]
I dunno I mean I hate Hatton & all but I just hate PBF more. Kind of like when Judah fought him I dislike Judah but hate PBF more so I will root for Hatton purely because I dislike him less than PBF.

Ok..that's what I thought...just makin' sure... smile.gif
PR316
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 19 2007, 09:41 PM) [snapback]366058[/snapback]

I definitely agree with you that Mayweather Jr can be an asshole and that we all got our asses whipped by our parents.

BUT.... When you have a father like Yayweather, I can certainly understand Floyd Jr. Mayweather Sr has to be the most CLASSLESS individual in the sport of boxing today. If there is anyone who just has NO RESPECT for anybody as a human being, its Yayweather himself. He's a media hound. And while his son is too, at least Jr is a fighter in his prime who people give a damn about unlike his father who has long been a washed up pro who never went anywhere and whom every fighter he's worked with in some shape or form has had a falling out.

In truth we don't know everything thats going on here. That Mayweather is an unlikable guy I can understand why somebody would say that. But to me any father that roots against his son and hopes to see him get KTFO, is not a man I can stand behind. Its not just his son. EVERYBODY falls out with this guy.

I think its safe to say that Yayweather is not exactly a good guy. He's low life piece of trash thats trying to live off his son's name(Appearing in 24/7 to talk shit, constantly talking about his son in the media).

The guy is trash and a low class punk.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Nov 19 2007, 07:12 PM) [snapback]366089[/snapback]
I think the odds will eventually sink to -250...if that's the case, that means I'll have to bet 25 hundred to only win 1 grand...which sucks..

CEO I think we could possibly see -200 if you hold out until the day of the fight... that's what I plan to do. Hopefully the 24/7 show can hype up Hatton a bit and have people believe he has a shot. +220 is a good line for Hatton backers which could tighten things up a bit if they play the line late.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.