Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's the lowest weight Winky could make?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Col Reb
Would it be possible for Winky to make 147? That could make for some interesting matchups, but I doubt he could cut down to that weight. I'm thinking the lowest he could go would be 154. I would love to see him fight Margarito the most. Who do you think would win?
HaydelHammer
I don't see him making 147 ever.

With his Krispy Kreme fetish and all. LOL.

Win prob walks at 190-195 easy these guys are human like us.

After while your body will outgrow what you've been shrinking down unless you have a superb strict year rd diet.

That sh*t vargas is doing losing that crazy a$$ weight like he does is rediculous.
STEVENSKI
Winky is a boring fighter who I hope never darkens our screens again.
Bullseye
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Nov 19 2007, 08:51 PM) [snapback]366143[/snapback]
Would it be possible for Winky to make 147? That could make for some interesting matchups, but I doubt he could cut down to that weight. I'm thinking the lowest he could go would be 154. I would love to see him fight Margarito the most. Who do you think would win?

Winky @ 147? No way. 160 is his best bet.
JD
QUOTE(Col Reb @ Nov 19 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]366143[/snapback]

Winky is a big dude...147 is impossible. Hell, I think 154 is impossible right now, unless it means an Oscar fight.

160 is Winky's weight.
BigG
160....if Pavlin and Taylor move up for good, he can easily rule that weight class...
Method
160....if Pavlin and Taylor move up for good, he can easily rule that weight class...
Yup.

If Winky Stays at 160, I could see the middleweight rankings reading something like that.

1. Winky Wright
2. Winky Wright
3. Winky Wright
4. Winky Wright
5. Winky Wright
6. Winky Wright
7. Winky Wright
8. Winky Wright
9. Winky Wright
10. Winky Wright

There'd be nobody in the division. He'd rule an empty kingdom.
singletrack
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 20 2007, 12:37 AM) [snapback]366149[/snapback]
Winky is a boring fighter who I hope never darkens our screens again.

LOL! I think I agree 100%. I respect the guy for what he has accomplished but I can't stand his style at all.
BigG
Winky's actually been in some good fights...Taylor, Vargas, Mosley 2x, Quartey...
Tha Docta
QUOTE(singletrack @ Nov 20 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]366204[/snapback]
LOL! I think I agree 100%. I respect the guy for what he has accomplished but I can't stand his style at all.

i agree with this as well. i give winky respect for his skills, but i would rather fool around with mikel kesslers mom than watch another winky wright fight.
Snoop
There is no way in hell he'd get to 147. I'd even doubt 154 since he was having trouble when he was down there and has fought well beyond that in his last few fights.

Winky's not that boring if he has the right opponents. The Taylor and Soliman fight were pretty good.

But all this talk about him being a boring fighter reminds me of Lefthook. laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 20 2007, 08:33 PM) [snapback]366251[/snapback]
Winky's not that boring if he has the right opponents. The Taylor and Soliman fight were pretty good.

But all this talk about him being a boring fighter reminds me of Lefthook. laugh.gif

Those fights were decent because the opponent pressed the action not Winky who did his usual snooze inducing worst. Imagine watching Winky fighting Winky & how bad that would be. I would prefer to gouge my eyes out with teaspoons than be subjected to that.
BrutalBodyShots
Winky could dry himself down to 154, but he'd kill himself to do so. 160 is where Wright should be fighting now. No more, no less.

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 20 2007, 11:54 PM) [snapback]366301[/snapback]
Winky could dry himself down to 154, but he'd kill himself to do so.

I wish he would, kill himself that is.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 20 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]366303[/snapback]
I wish he would, kill himself that is.

laugh.gif That is so wrong.
Boxingjunkie
Wright should stay at 160 and fight Taylor and Pavlik. Like his style or not he has the skill to beat them both. That is not to say he would beat them both, but he is definitly good enough to beat both of these guys. Pavlik is entertaining but open for everything that Wright could throw. Obviously Wright is not going to hurt Pavlik or Taylor but he could outbox them both.

Boxingjunkie
Thegreatequalizer
if winky wasn't talking about fighting at 147 when de la hoya and trinidad were there, i'm sure there's no way he could make it. i'm sure he can probably make 154, but other than dlh why would he. you guys can say he's boring, but i really enjoyed watching him beat up trinidad. and embarrass mosley and taylor. i find him a lot more entertaining than watching floyd. talk about boring.
Jerry Springer
I don't think he'd be very effective below 160, but if he got cancer, he could make 105.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.