Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dan Henderson vs. Anderson Silva
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Warlord
Pride is dead.

That's what they say. But on March 1st, in Columbus Ohio, two former Pride fighters will be duking it out for the unified Middleweight title. (Henderson is the current Pride champion, while Silva is the current UFC champ.)

Since the demise of the Pride Fighting Championship, there have been rumors. Whispers. Speculation. Self-styled "experts" of the sport have pounded their chests in victory at this demise, using it to fuel their claims that "Pride fighters" are inferior to UFC fighters. What is the truth? Is Pride dead? Ask Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, they say. He was choked out by a reality TV star.

Is Pride truly dead? Ask around, they'll tell you. Just don't ask current 205lb champ Quinton "Rampage" Jackson. And certainly don't ask UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture, the man who gave up his title in order to pursue a fight with the last Pride heavyweight champion, Fedor Emelianenko. And finally, don't ask the two men scheduled to meet on March 1st of this year. Two titles will be at stake, one winner will emerge. And in the end, there will only be but one truth that remains, and only one thing left to say.

Pride is dead. Long live Pride.
BigG
I hope Hendo wins..good fight here
Douchebag
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 20 2007, 02:28 AM) [snapback]366160[/snapback]
I hope Hendo wins..good fight here

I think Hendo is going to win. His GNP is to be respected.
Southeastpaw
This is going to be a VERY good fight. I cannot wait. I like both of these guys. But The Spider is my dog.

Douchebag
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 20 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]366186[/snapback]
This is going to be a VERY good fight. I cannot wait. I like both of these guys. But The Spider is my dog.

I don't think Anderson is going to be able to stop the takedown.
BrutalBodyShots
Awesome fight... I always liked watching Henderson in Pride. This is one of the best matchups the UFC has seen.

Bill The Butcher
Silva is hardcore, but so is Dan Henderson. I'm rooting for Henderson. Going to be a great fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.