Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lennox Lewis & Tito Ortiz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Chi-Town
Lennox Lewis and Tito Ortiz have made the final cast of the new upcoming season of The Apprentice...I hope this link works.

java script:popUp('/slideshow/entertainment/14639983/detail.html','width=1024,height=750,top=0,left=0,scrollbars');
Snoop
Didn't Lennox KO Tito on the street, or punch him, or push him..something? I remember reading something about that.
salvador
I read an article about this and the author's point was that Trump had hyped up the "celebrity" version of The Apprentice but then couldn't deliver anything buy C-list celebs. As a boxing fan, I found that offensive seeing as how Lewis is probably the most important hw since Ali (not that I have any interest at all in discussing that point).

It does make me wonder, however, what the hell Lennox is doing. How desperate for attention is he to be going on the show when he as more money than Trump and has such an excellent job with HBO?

Tha Docta
maybe the man is bored?? cant be fun to play chess all day when you were use to kicking ass and being the heavyweight champ.
Boxingjunkie
I would rather see some hot headed athletes then a bunch of stuck up actors. Lennox seems like a very intelligent guy. Tito does not seem that bright. I can almost guarentee that Tito will be into it with everyone on the show.

Boxingjunkie
BigJuicyHog
How on earth do you figure the lewis has more money than Trump?
kidbazooka1
Tito's actualy a pretty nice guy in person I've met him a couple of times he was real cool with the fans unlike other MMA fighters i've met and in the reality show TUF he's actualy the best trainer/mentor out of all the seasons coaches.

Just because Tito plays a badboy persona doesn't mean he's a dick in real life.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 21 2007, 01:01 PM) [snapback]366413[/snapback]
Just because Tito plays a badboy persona doesn't mean he's a dick in real life.

I just think he is a hot head. It doesnt seem like it takes much to get him going.

Boxingjunkie
pastor method
i don't think lennox is as smart as some people think he is. that doesn't mean he's gonna clash with people on this show, i don't really know about that.

but tito is about as fake as they come, in my opinion. he tries to be a nice guy for the fans but he's about as see-through as they come.

he did do a good job as a coach on the show, but i'd argue jens pulver, matt serra, and randy couture are better coaches.
Warlord
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Nov 20 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]366263[/snapback]
Didn't Lennox KO Tito on the street, or punch him, or push him..something? I remember reading something about that.

Lennox bitch slapped Ortiz, and Ortiz took it. I posted this about a month ago or more on the MMA forums.
JD
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 20 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]366266[/snapback]
I read an article about this and the author's point was that Trump had hyped up the "celebrity" version of The Apprentice but then couldn't deliver anything buy C-list celebs. As a boxing fan, I found that offensive seeing as how Lewis is probably the most important hw since Ali (not that I have any interest at all in discussing that point).

It does make me wonder, however, what the hell Lennox is doing. How desperate for attention is he to be going on the show when he as more money than Trump and has such an excellent job with HBO?

We can disagree on the Lewis point...and that's cool. But how in the world do you come up with Lewis having more money than Trump?

Warlord
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 20 2007, 04:12 PM) [snapback]366266[/snapback]

Most "important"heavyweight since Ali? How so? Define "important" for me. Was Lewis important to boxing in any sort of cultural way? I think not. Lennox couldn't even decide which "culture" he belonged to. A canadian who wished he was british, all the while going from his "british" accent to a fake-ass Jamaican accent in mid-fucking-interview.

No sir. You can say Mr. Lewis was the best heavyweight since Ali, and you may have legs to stand on. But to refer to him as the "most important" heavyweight since Ali is ludicrous. Lennox had no cultural value, nor did he have any market value. Lennox's only value lay in his ability to dominate a fading heavyweight division, barring the two devastating KO losses that he suffered in between.

I would probably reserve the title "most important heavyweight since Ali" for Mike Tyson. Tyson was the last guy since Ali to truly transcend the sport. Everyone on the face of the planet knew who Tyson was. In his prime, Tyson had the mystique of an indesctructible force who destroyed every opponent put in front of him. It was unfathomable that he should lose. Ever. The question wasn't if, only when. When he'd win. When he'd obliterate his challenger. Lennox never had such an aura about him. Ever.

Watching Tyson was an event. Watching Lennox was a chore. Figure out the difference, and you'll figure out why your statement of Lennox being the "most important heavyweight since Ali" was a flawed one.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Warlord @ Nov 22 2007, 09:53 PM) [snapback]366609[/snapback]
Lennox bitch slapped Ortiz, and Ortiz took it. I posted this about a month ago or more on the MMA forums.

I heart that too but if Tito wanted he could have taken Lewis down and punnded the sh*t out of him just like Jeremy Williams was doing when he was tossing Lewis around the ring during a sparring session.

I find it hard to believe but if it's true I don't know why Tito didn't do anything. Tito is extremley strong and could have man handled lewis with ease on the ground which is where most street fights end up anyway.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(Warlord @ Nov 23 2007, 01:10 AM) [snapback]366619[/snapback]
Most "important"heavyweight since Ali? How so? Define "important" for me. Was Lewis important to boxing in any sort of cultural way? I think not. Lennox couldn't even decide which "culture" he belonged to. A canadian who wished he was british, all the while going from his "british" accent to a fake-ass Jamaican accent in mid-fucking-interview.

No sir. You can say Mr. Lewis was the best heavyweight since Ali, and you may have legs to stand on. But to refer to him as the "most important" heavyweight since Ali is ludicrous. Lennox had no cultural value, nor did he have any market value. Lennox's only value lay in his ability to dominate a fading heavyweight division, barring the two devastating KO losses that he suffered in between.

I would probably reserve the title "most important heavyweight since Ali" for Mike Tyson. Tyson was the last guy since Ali to truly transcend the sport. Everyone on the face of the planet knew who Tyson was. In his prime, Tyson had the mystique of an indesctructible force who destroyed every opponent put in front of him. It was unfathomable that he should lose. Ever. The question wasn't if, only when. When he'd win. When he'd obliterate his challenger. Lennox never had such an aura about him. Ever.

Watching Tyson was an event. Watching Lennox was a chore. Figure out the difference, and you'll figure out why your statement of Lennox being the "most important heavyweight since Ali" was a flawed one.

LOL. Didn't he say in his post he didn't want to debate it?

Anyway, while I was a fan of Lewis and consider him a top 5 all-time heavyweight I'd certainly agree that he definitely was not the most important since Ali. Tyson was far and away the most famous, though I'd probably say Holyfield was the "most important" being that he was in the majority of the big, big fights. I guess it depends on your definition of important though. Pretty arbitrary. But certainly Tyson or Holyfield would seem to outrank Lewis or Larry Holmes. You could maybe make an argument for Foreman as well.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 23 2007, 03:30 AM) [snapback]366613[/snapback]
We can disagree on the Lewis point...and that's cool. But how in the world do you come up with Lewis having more money than Trump?

If you called in all his overdrafts & loans overnight Trump would be bankrupt in a second. Don is rich on paper only like a lot of these bigwigs. Lewis would have more "ready cash" than Trump probably. Guys like Trump are good at hiding their debts whilst living the high life but call in all his debt in one hit & he would be fucked.

QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 25 2007, 11:51 PM) [snapback]367016[/snapback]
I heart that too but if Tito wanted he could have taken Lewis down and punnded the sh*t out of him just like Jeremy Williams was doing when he was tossing Lewis around the ring during a sparring session.

I find it hard to believe but if it's true I don't know why Tito didn't do anything. Tito is extremley strong and could have man handled lewis with ease on the ground which is where most street fights end up anyway.

Tito stronger than Lewis? Bwahahahaha! Tito would have tasted the power Lewis has with that one slap & shit his pants. Sure most fights end up on the ground & this one would too. One punch & it would be all over for Tito & I have no doubt that Lewis is a better faster harder puncher now than Ortiz ever has been.
Warlord
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 25 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]367023[/snapback]
LOL. Didn't he say in his post he didn't want to debate it?

Anyway, while I was a fan of Lewis and consider him a top 5 all-time heavyweight I'd certainly agree that he definitely was not the most important since Ali. Tyson was far and away the most famous, though I'd probably say Holyfield was the "most important" being that he was in the majority of the big, big fights. I guess it depends on your definition of important though. Pretty arbitrary. But certainly Tyson or Holyfield would seem to outrank Lewis or Larry Holmes. You could maybe make an argument for Foreman as well.

He may not want to debate or defend his point, but I'm debating it regardless, because I think calling Lewis the most important heayweight since Ali deserves a response.

As for your point, I agree. I think Holyfield deserves some mention as well, because of the impact he made on the sport in terms of both acomplishments and economy. Either way, I don't see how Lennox Lewis fits into the equation.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 25 2007, 11:45 PM) [snapback]367037[/snapback]
If you called in all his overdrafts & loans overnight Trump would be bankrupt in a second. Don is rich on paper only like a lot of these bigwigs. Lewis would have more "ready cash" than Trump probably. Guys like Trump are good at hiding their debts whilst living the high life but call in all his debt in one hit & he would be fucked.
Tito stronger than Lewis? Bwahahahaha! Tito would have tasted the power Lewis has with that one slap & shit his pants. Sure most fights end up on the ground & this one would too. One punch & it would be all over for Tito & I have no doubt that Lewis is a better faster harder puncher now than Ortiz ever has been.

Being stronger doesn't mean having more KO power you've been on this forum long enough that you should know that by now.

I guarantee Tito is physicaly strongert than Lewis the guy is probably the strongest 205lb in MMA I agree he can't box fro sh*t but as fast as Lewis would throw a punch Tito would go for the takedown right away which he will get after that Lewis is done.

There was a video on a MMA forum a while back showig Lewis sparring with Jeremy Williams Lewis was holding alot and Williams got tired of it and threw Lewis to the ground not once but twice like a ragdoll. Now Williams is no where near as strong as Tito so just imagine how easly Tito could have controlled him on the ground.

Don't get me wrong I know my boxing and I know my MMA Tito wouldn't last a minute with Lewis standing but I also know Lewis wouldn't last a minute with Tito on the ground.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 26 2007, 06:09 AM) [snapback]367047[/snapback]
Being stronger doesn't mean having more KO power you've been on this forum long enough that you should know that by now.

I guarantee Tito is physicaly strongert than Lewis the guy is probably the strongest 205lb in MMA I agree he can't box fro sh*t but as fast as Lewis would throw a punch Tito would go for the takedown right away which he will get after that Lewis is done.

There was a video on a MMA forum a while back showig Lewis sparring with Jeremy Williams Lewis was holding alot and Williams got tired of it and threw Lewis to the ground not once but twice like a ragdoll. Now Williams is no where near as strong as Tito so just imagine how easly Tito could have controlled him on the ground.

Don't get me wrong I know my boxing and I know my MMA Tito wouldn't last a minute with Lewis standing but I also know Lewis wouldn't last a minute with Tito on the ground.

I don't care how strong Tito is you get a big 280-300lb muscular guy who has repeatedly shown how strong he is & how hard he can crack & I am confident that he would land a punch & put the smaller guy to sleep.

The big question is could Tito take Lewis down without paying the price of a big right hand? I don't think he could & it would only take one 1/2 decent shot from Lewis to knock Tito into tomorrow. I agree that Tito could take Lewis out if it went to the ground but I just don't see that happening.
BigG
Lennox would send Tito to the hospital with 1 right hand. Lennox power is top 5 of all time in the HW division.

The truth is, all Lewis would need is a take down defense and Tito would have no chance. Chuck, who is pretty terrible compared to a decent boxer, knocked Tito out.

It would be scary to see what a Lewis right hand would do to him.
kidbazooka1
I agree Lewis will only need 1 right hand to end it, don't get me wrong boxing is my passion ever since i was a kid and IMO the #1 sport but If Tito were to fight Lewis in a street fight Tito would definitly get the takedown I don't give f*ck how much Lewis traine in TD defense Tito is a strong ass muthaf*cker sh*t he was even able to take Couture down who is a an elite olympic wrestler.

Tito would not stand there and trade with Lewis he would go for the takedown right away and pound the sh*t out of him. Willaims who has nothing on Tito's takeddowns was able to drop Lewis several time during there sparring session now just imagine how easy Tito would work him on the ground.
jlupi
If you called in all his overdrafts & loans overnight Trump would be bankrupt in a second. Don is rich on paper only like a lot of these bigwigs. Lewis would have more "ready cash" than Trump probably. Guys like Trump are good at hiding their debts whilst living the high life but call in all his debt in one hit & he would be fucked>>>>>

no some of his corps may be bankrupt but his personal $,$$$,$$$,$$$ are far beyond anything lewis even wishes for.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Nov 27 2007, 05:47 PM) [snapback]367180[/snapback]
Tito would not stand there and trade with Lewis he would go for the takedown right away and pound the sh*t out of him. Willaims who has nothing on Tito's takeddowns was able to drop Lewis several time during there sparring session now just imagine how easy Tito would work him on the ground.

The question is could Tito avoid a big right to get the takedown? I am sure he could take big Len down but I think that 90% of the time Len would crack him in the head first.

QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 27 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]367176[/snapback]
It would be scary to see what a Lewis right hand would do to him.

I actually think it would be hilarious to see how much damage Tito would sustain from one flush bareknuckle right.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 28 2007, 05:16 PM) [snapback]367407[/snapback]
The question is could Tito avoid a big right to get the takedown? I am sure he could take big Len down but I think that 90% of the time Len would crack him in the head first.
I actually think it would be hilarious to see how much damage Tito would sustain from one flush bareknuckle right.

IMO Tito would get the takedown faster than Lewis could land a punch let's not forget Lewis wasn't the fastest cat around Tito's TD are pretty damn quick.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.