Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Joan Guzman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Douchebag
It's Obvious that Pacman aint trying to fight either one of these guys so why aren't they trying to fight each other so that the winner can get shot at the Pilipino?
torvix2000
Risky to each other for how much? Peanuts?
BrutalBodyShots
I'd rather see a Marquez/Pacquiao rematch before we move Guzman in with either guy.

Douchebag
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 20 2007, 07:56 PM) [snapback]366323[/snapback]
I'd rather see a Marquez/Pacquiao rematch before we move Guzman in with either guy.

I would too but Pacqiuao is avoiding him like the plague so what are their options at this point.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 20 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]366323[/snapback]

This is the only fight that makes sense for these two, but doubtful it will happen any time soon. Guzman would get ko'ed by either Marquez or Pacquiao. Hes talented but he fights wide open because he thinks nobody can hurt him. If he fights Marquez or Pacquiao he will find out different.

Boxingjunkie
Lil-lightsout
Guzman is the best at 130, Marquez and Pac will keep avoiding him. Eventually you all will see Guzman is undefeated for a reason. He ain't losing anytime soon.

Thegreatequalizer
guzman thinks he's a mayweather, but he isn't. marquez beats him easily. his style would probably frustrate manny some and might be able to outbox him.
BigG
Did anyone see Guzman's head movement while on the ropes? He aint Mayweather..but he's the closet thing to Floyd in terms of reflexes and head movement. And I'd say he is the fastest guy at 130.

But I'd pick Marquez by close decision.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Thegreatequalizer @ Nov 20 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]366356[/snapback]
guzman thinks he's a mayweather, but he isn't. marquez beats him easily. his style would probably frustrate manny some and might be able to outbox him.

I got a feeling that he would show JMM alot more respect then he did Soto......
BrutalBodyShots
Guzman has got to fill out and get comfortable at 130 before I'd entertain him being able to hang with Pacquiao or Marquez at this point.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 21 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]366473[/snapback]
Guzman has got to fill out and get comfortable at 130 before I'd entertain him being able to hang with Pacquiao or Marquez at this point.

You do know that Guzman had a little trouble making weight for this fight, and fight night he came into the ring at 148lbs!!! Personally I think this weight is perfect for him right now.
torvix2000
It's funny that a lot of people think that both JMM and Guzman will beat Pac. If that's the case, then they come first and second (not in any order) with Pacquiao only third.

Therefore, let's decide who's number 1 and who's number 2.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 22 2007, 02:38 AM) [snapback]366518[/snapback]
You do know that Guzman had a little trouble making weight for this fight, and fight night he came into the ring at 148lbs!!! Personally I think this weight is perfect for him right now.

Again there's a big difference between size and weight. Guzman weighed in at 121 pounds for a fight in 2005. 2 weight divisions in 2 years is a lot of moving up, and it takes more time than that to get truly accustomed to the weight. Also Guzman clearly has lost power in these moves up. Realistically the guy should still be fighting at 126, just like Pacquiao, but they have moved up to 130 to chase bigger money fights which is understandable. The same way Mayweather moved up for bigger money fights. Don't let their rehydrated fight night weight fool you into believing that these guys are "natural" at their current weight division - at least not yet.
NickBarker
I picked Soto to win the fight against Guzman because I felt he would pressure him, back him up, and be able to wear him down to the body. Guzman's defense, Floyd, Sr. has probably helped, is spectacular. He has a very good guard, which allows him to only give you a small area to hit cleanly. Combine that with his great reflexes and blinding speed and you have a scary result.

I'm going to have a hard time picking against him again at 130.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.