Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will Kessler
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
georg
If Calzaghe move up to LHW and drop his belt in SMW,will Kessler be world champ again?? and how many belt will he take

I will say yes and i think,he will take all the belt(WBA,WBC,IBF and WBO)

What do you guy`s think`??

JD
Yes.

I would take him over anyone at 168 not named Calzaghe.
Boxingjunkie
Agree. This guy definitly has what it takes to rule this division after Joe is gone. Not sure why Joe does not stay at 160 though and break the 25 title defenses set by another Joe. He is so close go for history.

Boxingjunkie
georg
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Nov 21 2007, 10:55 AM) [snapback]366396[/snapback]
Agree. This guy definitly has what it takes to rule this division after Joe is gone. Not sure why Joe does not stay at 160 though and break the 25 title defenses set by another Joe. He is so close go for history.

Boxingjunkie

I think these two punch will have KO any other SMW(Bute,Froch,Lacy,Mundine,Inkin)

BrutalBodyShots
The right hand was nice but the left hook was a little long. 3-4" shorter and Joe would have been in big trouble.

BigG
Seriously, who can beat Kessler at 168 besides Calzaghe??? Definitely not Bute or Lacy.

175 is a different story (Dawson, Hopkins)
Maxy
Yeah Kessler can dominate 168 for the forseeable future.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Maxy @ Nov 22 2007, 02:27 PM) [snapback]366574[/snapback]
Yeah Kessler can dominate 168 for the forseeable future.

IMO that doesn't mean Kessler is all that great, just that there really isn't much at 168 worth talking about. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a solid fighter but I don't think he's anything special or that he'll ever be P4P material.

ghost13
Calzaghe leaves. Kessler picks up his titles. Pretty simple
georg
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Nov 22 2007, 08:17 PM) [snapback]366605[/snapback]
IMO that doesn't mean Kessler is all that great, just that there really isn't much at 168 worth talking about. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a solid fighter but I don't think he's anything special or that he'll ever be P4P material.

Why??,because there is none great American-fighter at 168,that doesn't mean 168 is a weak weightclass
Blayde
Yeah, I cant believe it either.

In my eyes there are to great fighters at 168 who are good enough to be mentioned as two of the best 10 or 15 p4p. For me Calzaghe is even a candidate for number 1 just like Floyd and Pacquiao.

And there are other very good fighters like Mundine, Bute, Lacy, Froch, Pascal, Miranda, Inkin and Im sure I forgot some of them.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Blayde @ Nov 23 2007, 11:54 AM) [snapback]366643[/snapback]
Yeah, I cant believe it either.

In my eyes there are to great fighters at 168 who are good enough to be mentioned as two of the best 10 or 15 p4p. For me Calzaghe is even a candidate for number 1 just like Floyd and Pacquiao.

And there are other very good fighters like Mundine, Bute, Lacy, Froch, Pascal, Miranda, Inkin and Im sure I forgot some of them.

Sure Calzaghe is in the top 10 P4P, no doubt about it. Kessler though? No way. Yeah he has some solid wins but none over P4P caliber fighters. No one at 168 now aside from Calzaghe can be mentioned in the top 10 or even 15 P4P.

And none of the fighters you mentioned are "great" by any means.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(georg @ Nov 23 2007, 04:26 AM) [snapback]366629[/snapback]
Why??,because there is none great American-fighter at 168,that doesn't mean 168 is a weak weightclass

WTF does being American have to do with anything? LOL. I never said it was a "weak" division just that there aren't any dominant forces there other than Calzaghe. 168 isn't anything like 147 or 130 where there are multiple guys that can be in a P4P discussion.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.