Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you were a fighter at X weight division, who would you avoid a fight with?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
flazi
@135 i am running away from Katsidis
@160 i steer clear of the Ghost
@147 you would need a shotgun to make me face Cotto
Jerry Springer
At 168, I would never sign to fight Calzaghe, because the fight would probably never happen.
BigG
130 - Marquez & Guzman.

154 - Spinks

Snoop
I would fight every one of those fighters that have been mentioned because that's where the $ is at. The fighters I wouldn't fight are the ones that are high risk/low reward or fighters that would make you look bad b/c of their style. Someone like...Casamayor, Sam Soliman, Paul Williams, etc.
gods son
and you call yourself a boxer?? laugh.gif

You should title it " if you were a Promoter for x weight division, who would u avoid your Fighter to fight with? "
Snoop
QUOTE(gods son @ Nov 22 2007, 04:14 PM) [snapback]366540[/snapback]
and you call yourself a boxer?? laugh.gif

You should title it " if you were a Promoter for x weight division, who would u avoid your Fighter to fight with? "

Well I guess it would depend on where I'M at on the rankings list. If I'm an up and comer, I'd want those guys like Paul Williams, but if I'm already up there, I'd want the ones that made $. The guys that have been mentioned are EXTREMELY dangerous fighters, but are the goals of many boxers today. I'd fight em regardless if they're dangerous fighters, just as long as they're highly ranked and I get paid.

Shoot, I dunno how many of ya'll boxed before, but that shit is painful...
dbdbdb
I'm with you snoopnick,

If I'm an up and comer and in the welterweight division, I would avoid Williams & Cotto, until I'm more established. They both could set you back in the rankings. And punish you while they're doing it.

But, if the price is right, the deal is real. .......... I would get it on in spite of the risks. And visit the swiss bank straight away.
Blayde
I guess it depends on your style who you wanna duck.
STEVENSKI
I would avoid fighting myself as I can kill by thought so god help anyone I use my fists on.
buford54
At 147, I'd avoid Williams.
The other guys can crack a lot harder (cotto, etc), but Williams would make it a LOOOOONG night.
Plus, w/ Cotto, you know he's there to be found and if you wanted the fight to end one way or the other, you can just stand to brawl with him. One of you will go down.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.