Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tonight's Vargas-Mayorga UNDERCARD Bouts/Results
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
For all comments and results of tonight's Vargas-Mayorga preliminary bouts.

Jack

Administrator
thehype
*LIVE* ROUND BY ROUND: VARGAS VS. MAYORGA

Just FYI, in case you guys haven't noticed, our LIVE round by round has moved to it's own page. Get LIVE updates during the fight with in-depth, minute-by-minute action in FightHype's round-by-round results. Coverage begins tonight, November 23rd at 10PM ET/7PM PT.

click here to follow the action
BrutalBodyShots
Karmazin stopped Garcia in the 3rd with a nice combination, the key punch being a left to the body. Garcia was on his knees in pain for a solid minute after the bout was over.

Karmazin looks good, but needs to grow and/or dye his hair. The guy looks 60 years old in there, LOL.

BrutalBodyShots
LMAO Cintron is struggling more than he should through the first 3 rounds against Feliciano or whatever his name is. I've never seen someone throw such soft, pitty pat arm punches like Cintron's opponent. His punches are so slow and soft that they are literally PUSHING Cintron's head back and he hasn't been able to find an answer yet.

BrutalBodyShots
Round 4: More pitty pat shots from Feliciano. Cintron lands a few hard shots but Feliciano takes them well. Looking like Cintron is going to have a tough second half of the fight unless he puts this kid away.

Mean Mister Mustard
Well Feliciano is tough and if he is Giving Cintron so much trouble imagine what Williams would do to Kermit.
BrutalBodyShots
Round 5: Feliciano landing more shots than Cintron. Right hand and a right uppercut move Cintron back. Cintron just eating the pitty pat punches. LMAO. Looks like Feliciano is fighting in slow motion. Cintron struggling big time. Round to Feliciano. 3-2 in rounds so far.

48-47 Cintron so far
BrutalBodyShots
Williams would kill Cintron, unless he didn't train at all for this fight!

Round 6: Feliciano smothering Cintron again like he has done all night long. Cintron has no room to work. Cintron lands a few HUGE lefts and Feliciano takes them. Feliciano lands a combination that stuns Cintron. Round to Feliciano.

58-58
Mean Mister Mustard
Hw is Cintron looking stamina wise?

LOL, you seem to enjoy seeing Cintron struggle.
dave_h
This guy has one of the best chins I've seen in a long time, amazing.
BrutalBodyShots
Round 7: Cintron trying to put some distance between the two, but Feliciano runs after him and throws punches like a girl... looks like he's swatting flies. LOL. Cintron lands 4 huge shots in combination, Feliciano takes them and keeps coming forward. Cintron looking mentally drained that this kid can take all of his stuff and keep coming forward. Close round but Cintron gets it with better shots.

68-67 Cintron
Thegreatequalizer
sounds like the tears are about to start flowing. so much for wanting a rematch with margarito.
Mean Mister Mustard
Yea Feliciano is tough, I remember seeing him fight Alfonso Gomez on ESPN, I think it was their 3rd fight and he gave Gomez hell. I actually thought Feliciano should have won but they delcared the fight a draw.
Jack 1000
I'm not watching this PPV. But HOLY SHIT, this would be an upset if this unknown beat Cintron! Problem is, knowing past boxing history, Felicano will most likely need a KO to win or take 9/12 to even have a chance.

The $64000 Question is:

Will Cintron cry again? Of course no one cries like Cory Spinks! hahaha Win or lose! LMAO!

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
Round 8: Cintron lands 5 good lefts to the body in this round. Feliciano took them all well. More soft arm punches and swarming from Feliciano. Steward wants Cintron to box more, tells him to tie up Feliciano any time he gets close. Round to Cintron.

78-76
BrutalBodyShots
Round 9: Cintron lands a MONSTER left hook that should have dropped any welter, but Feliciano walks right through it. Feliciano continuing to "outwork" Cintron. Probably outhrowing him 2-1. Not sure who to give the round to, but I'll say Feliciano based on being more consistent.

87-86 Cintron
BrutalBodyShots
Round 10: Cintron lands 9-10 clean shots half way into the round and the ref steps in. Good stoppage, because Feliciano wasn't going to go down!

Cintron W by TKO10

Cintron's power saves the day. I'm curious to hear the official cards.

gods son
what a damn fight, Cintron got lucky..

wait there..cintron injures himself from celebrating!!! LOL

BigG
Didn't Mike Arnatous and Demetrius Hopkins stop Feliciano in under 5 rounds?
BrutalBodyShots
Cintron says he hurt and/or broke his hand in the first round right the first big right hand he threw.

In watching the replay I counted 13 clean shots that he landed in the final sequence before the ref stopped it.

Mean Mister Mustard
Hey Big G, in your dreams does Montiel and Penalosa knock Feliciano out too?
BigG
Yes. laugh.gif

Williams is going to beat Cintrons ass.
BrutalBodyShots
Damn they didn't say what the official cards were.

Cintron is lucky as hell that Feliciano couldn't punch. Maybe he's the worst puncher of all time. I've seen a lot of fights, and don't think I've seen SO MANY damn pushing arm punches.

Oh Mustard, I wasn't so much enjoying Cintron struggle as I was enjoying the comedy I was seeing in the ring. Feliciano may be "tough" but he is one of the most sloppy guys I've ever seen get a title shot. He looked like Gamache in there with Gatti, just picture Gamache in Gatti's chest for 10 rounds outworking him with pitty pat punches. That's kind of how it looked to me.

Like Gatti/Gamache, Cintron SHOULD have taken this guy out in a few rounds.

Mean Mister Mustard
Good RBR.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Nov 23 2007, 11:44 PM) [snapback]366741[/snapback]
Good RBR.

Thanks, I did the best I could - nothing near as good as Hype. I don't have my computer near a TV, so I was watching the fight in the living room and heading to the computer room to type a few sentences in between rounds. Not very good at giving blow by blow action due to those circumstances, but it is what it is.

Michigan Assassin
Just got back from covering the fight and the official cards forthe Cintron Feliciano fight were:

89-82
88-83
88-83

Much to wide from the fight I saw but didn't matter much considering it ended in KO.

Cintron looked so inept fighting on the inside it was ridiculous. He gets his ass handed to him by anyone that can punch. Feliciano was throwing all arm punches and he still looked like he was getting his heart taken out of him.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Nov 24 2007, 03:49 AM) [snapback]366805[/snapback]
Just got back from covering the fight and the official cards forthe Cintron Feliciano fight were:

89-82
88-83
88-83

Much to wide from the fight I saw but didn't matter much considering it ended in KO.

Cintron looked so inept fighting on the inside it was ridiculous. He gets his ass handed to him by anyone that can punch. Feliciano was throwing all arm punches and he still looked like he was getting his heart taken out of him.

Damn very surprised at those scores! Well not really I guess since Cintron is the "draw" between the two and Feliciano had 5 losses already. I agree completely with what you said about his punches. Feliciano was literally PUSHING Cintron's head back with close fists; his "punches" were pushes! I was really surprised the referee didn't actually warn him for that. I mean maybe if it's a closed fist there's no rule that you cant fight in slow motion and push your opponents head back with a closed fist? Who knows, it looked like shit. It made Cintron look like even greater shit because he struggled with it!

Southeastpaw
LOL! And bazooka thinks that Cintron would beat Margarito in a rematch. LOL

Cintron better pray that he can stay away from Margarito, Williams, and Cotto.
BrutalBodyShots
At this point Cintron should stay away from ANY pressure fighter... if he struggled with the Fly Swatter Feliciano he will struggle with ANYONE.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Nov 25 2007, 09:52 AM) [snapback]366955[/snapback]
LOL! And bazooka thinks that Cintron would beat Margarito in a rematch. LOL

Cintron better pray that he can stay away from Margarito, Williams, and Cotto.

its Obvious that Cintron did not take Jesse seriously for this fight which is of course why we have the out come and the water cooler talk regarding the fight today, However if a rematch is signed I am 100% positive you will see a better prepaired Cintron than you did last night, especially knowing that Margarito already beat him.
I still think Cintron could win a rematch with Tony but then again look at Mannys recent work lately he hasnt really helped his fighters much perhaps his age is getting the better of him who knows. I still stand by my word, Cintron will win a rematch with Margarito.
How many times in this sport have we seen a fighter look vunerable in one fight only to turn around in his next fight which is usally a bigger fight and that same fighter that looked like shit looks like a star? its happend too many times in boxing and its not going to stop happening that is what makes this sport this sport.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 25 2007, 07:30 PM) [snapback]367024[/snapback]
its Obvious that Cintron did not take Jesse seriously for this fight which is of course why we have the out come and the water cooler talk regarding the fight today, However if a rematch is signed I am 100% positive you will see a better prepaired Cintron than you did last night, especially knowing that Margarito already beat him.

Only one problem with your method of thinking here: While you can train physically till the cows come home for a fight, you can't train your heart. Cintron looked about 2-3 rounds away from folding like a deck of cards against Feliciano. Fortunately for him, that would have been the end of the fight and he would likely have made it through anyway. It looks to me like he can't handle adversity when the going gets tough. So yeah, he could train better in hopes of avoiding those "going gets tough" situations, but when all the dust settles if he doesn't have the heart or courage to dig down during times of adversity he won't succeed at the top level of this sport.

Elijah
Add me to the list of people that think Cintron could beat Margarito/Williams/Cotto. Those shots he hit Feliciano with would have KO'd any of those guys. No doubt about it. That dude just has an insane chin. Don't get me wrong Cintron has things he needs to work on and I don't think his next fight should be against Williams but I also don't think he doesn't stand a chance against those three.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Elijah @ Nov 28 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]367364[/snapback]
Add me to the list of people that think Cintron could beat Margarito/Williams/Cotto. Those shots he hit Feliciano with would have KO'd any of those guys. No doubt about it. That dude just has an insane chin. Don't get me wrong Cintron has things he needs to work on and I don't think his next fight should be against Williams but I also don't think he doesn't stand a chance against those three.

Why don't you flip that method of thinking around 180 degrees. Think about how many times Feliciano punched (or "pushed" with his punches) Cintron. Compare the power of Margarito/Williams/Cotto to Feliciano. Feliciano got his hands on Cintron PLENTY. Do you really think Cintron would have stood up to that many clean landed shots by someone that actually knows how to properly throw punches?

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Elijah @ Nov 28 2007, 11:36 AM) [snapback]367364[/snapback]

I totally disagree with this. We just found out about Feliciano's chin. However, we have known about margarito's chin and William's chin. Mararito can take all of what Cintron has and dish it back out. Unfortunately for Cintron, he cannot handle what comes back from Margarito. I just do not understand where everyone is comin off that Cintron will win a rematch. It makes no sense to me. I can see hope, but what else has been seen of him. He beat Matthysee sure, but he struggled with a guy with a really good chin, good pressure, and light hands. Margarito is going to punish this kid again if and when they ever meet up.
Elijah
No way Margarito/Williams or Cotto could have taken the shots that Cintron was landing on Feliciano. Some guys you just can't knock out no matter how hard you hit them on the chin/head. Cintrons biggest mistake in that fight was he didn't go to the body. He would have ended the fight much earlier if he did that.

It just wasn't a good night for Cintron, fighters are allowed to have bad nights. As long as he realizes that and works on going to the body and fighting on the inside he'll make it a competitive fight against the three mentioned above.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Elijah @ Nov 29 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]367518[/snapback]
No way Margarito/Williams or Cotto could have taken the shots that Cintron was landing on Feliciano.

How do you figure? Margarito ALREADY HAS.

Cotto? Maybe not since he's shown us he can be hurt.

Williams? His chin is still a question mark, but you can't say there's "NO WAY" he could take Cintron's shots when we have not seen Williams hit like that yet.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.