Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zab Judah to face Carlos Quintana?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Boxrec has it up.....if its true then thats a very solid undercard fight. Quintana is not elite but he world class IMO.

What do you all think of this matchup?
kidbazooka1
This is a very interesting match up if Zab can keep his focuse he can outbox Quintana but I personaly think Zab isn't the same anymore the Cotto fight took a lot out of him. I see Quintana taking a UD in an upset.
X3_Bazooka_X3
This is a great fight for Judah though I would like to see him in there with Collazo this is just as good IMO could go either way depending on both guys that night.
Big Slim Sweet
Eh. That's what I think of it.
dbdbdb
I think this is a bad move for Zab. Quintana has been improving since his loss to Cotto and he is a much improved boxer. On the other side of the coin, Zab has had some good outings of late. But all of them with the exception of the draw\NC before Cotto and his last fight, have been convincing loses. Good outings\showings, but losses just the same.

Zab is going to have big problems with Quintana's size and power. And the last thing Zab needs at this point in his career is another whip down - Beat down, or any kind of down.

Not a good choice for Zab at this time ............ Zab needs to find an easier target to help with his diminished confidence and dwindling focus. In essence, he needs opponents that will pave the way to recovery, not opponents who will expedite his demise.

BAD MOVE!!!!
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 25 2007, 05:07 PM) [snapback]367027[/snapback]
I think this is a bad move for Zab. Quintana has been improving since his loss to Cotto and he is a much improved boxer. On the other side of the coin, Zab has had some good outings of late. But all of them with the exception of the draw\NC before Cotto and his last fight, have been convincing loses. Good outings\showings, but losses just the same.

Zab is going to have big problems with Quintana's size and power. And the last thing Zab needs at this point in his career is another whip down - Beat down, or any kind of down.

Not a good choice for Zab at this time ............ Zab needs to find an easier target to help with his diminished confidence and dwindling focus. In essence, he needs opponents that will pave the way to recovery, not opponents who will expedite his demise.

BAD MOVE!!!!

Good edit clapping.gif
dbdbdb
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 25 2007, 08:11 PM) [snapback]367029[/snapback]
Good edit clapping.gif

laugh.gif I was too slow to the edit button. laugh.gif Don't know how I mixed up Quintana with Cintron.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Nov 25 2007, 05:44 PM) [snapback]367033[/snapback]
laugh.gif I was too slow to the edit button. laugh.gif Don't know how I mixed up Quintana with Cintron.

You mean Cotto with Margarito, What are you smoking today son? drag.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
Sounds like a good fight. I think it is clear who has more balls between the 2 guys, Zab took rounds of punishment from Cotto while Quintana quit the firts time he felt the heat. Although Zab is no Cotto in temrs of pressure he excerts. Judah is a guy who is content to just outbox a guy if he can't get them out of there in 4 rounds. The exception was in the Spinks rematch. I see Judah winning this fight by decision, which will suit Quintana just fine as the 2 box for 12 rounds.
Elijah
Not a good pick for Zab. Quintana is a pretty good boxer and has decent pop. If Quintana can make it through the first four rounds, Zab could be in major trouble. That's pretty much the scenario with anyone Zab fights from here on out. Zab is a mini Mike Tyson at this point. If his opponents makes it through the first four rounds the mental midget will begin to slowly fold. You can deny it all you want but that's the way it's gonna go down with Zab. Zab also won't have any reach advantage and Quintana is also taller and a southpaw although I don't know if that will give Zab any other problems.

I say Quintana by UD or even a late KO/TKO.
BigG
What really troubles Zab is pressure. It's hard to outbox Zab because of his quickness.
Lil-lightsout
Interesting fight, I would slightly favor Zab, but would not be surprised if Quintana pulled out a win.
Big Slim Sweet
Zab can beat the likes of Carlos Quintana all day. Easy UD, though taking off rounds could make it closer than it should be.

With Cintron doubtful for Feb 2 now I wouldn't mind seeing Zab slide into that date with Paul Williams. Not many welterweights will be knocking on that door but Zab might just be desperate enough at this point in his career to try.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 25 2007, 06:34 PM) [snapback]367012[/snapback]
Boxrec has it up.....if its true then thats a very solid undercard fight. Quintana is not elite but he world class IMO.

What do you all think of this matchup?

Zab wins this fight, possibly by stoppage and gets back on the radar to take another beating from a superstar.
Tha Docta
i agree with slim. zab will win this fight, look dominant at times, but because he has the brain of a pigeon he will take enough rounds off to make it interesting.
Douchebag
I think Zab is done.....
BigG
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Nov 26 2007, 09:12 PM) [snapback]367081[/snapback]
Zab wins this fight, possibly by stoppage and gets back on the radar to take another beating from a superstar.

I love Zab, but thats pretty much right...
Elijah
That's another reason why this is a risky fight for Zab. If he doesn't win see Consciences reply.
Imperius3
If we use their respective fights with Cotto as a measuring stick, I think we see that Judah is a few levels higher.

Quintana might be a little fresher, but Judah has the experience.

Judah by UD.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Nov 26 2007, 03:02 PM) [snapback]367079[/snapback]
With Cintron doubtful for Feb 2 now I wouldn't mind seeing Zab slide into that date with Paul Williams. Not many welterweights will be knocking on that door but Zab might just be desperate enough at this point in his career to try.

Zab shouldn't go anywhere near that door or for that matter, that house. Williams {While still gaining experience} is a very dangerous fight for Zab and anyone else in the WW division. I don't hear too many welters bringing up his name at all when they're talking about their next opponent.
MarzB
As a former Zab Judah fan I'm convinced that on the echelon of fighters being rated poor, average/fair, good, very good, ELITE that while I once thought Zab was an ELITE fighter, I frankly think he borders good to very good.

That said, the one consistent thing I see in Zab's last fights (didn't see his last one recently) is his conditioning in the latter rounds and his dependence on one punch (namely the left uppercut or the straight left down the pipe).

This is a good toss up scrap and whoever is better conditioned will win the fight. Oh crap.. I don't feel like erasing my post but "NEVERMIND". I was thinking of Ricardo Torres not Quintana. Still a good match but Zab should win this one..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.