Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chavez Jr-Sanchez
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
bpipe
I know Ray Sanchez isn't as known nationally as some of the other up and coming prospects but he is very skilled with tremendous power. Chavez Jr-Sanchez is this coming saturday December 1st on PPV and I want to know what everyones predictions are for this fight. I dont see it going the distance but I also don't see Chavez Jr leaving Albuquerque with a victory. Sanchez by KO in under 8 rounds.
BigJuicyHog
Arum knows something. He wouldnt throw the kid to the wolves at this point because there is alot more money to be made off of him. Chavez by KO.
kidbazooka1
Im pumped for this one. I know Sanchez can crack this will definitly be Chavez biggest test Jr's chin has never been tested so if he doesn't have a beard like his pop he may be in big trouble. I see Chavez taking some hard shots but I think his body work will be the difference.

Chavez by UD in an entertaining fight.

Elijah
Chavez 9th round KO. He has an insane height advantage, works the body very well and from what I've seen has good stamina. I think he's just too refined boxing wise for Sanchez. Sanchez is a southpaw so I'm not sure how much trouble if any that will give Jr.
bpipe
A lot of people are going to think Chavez Jr immediately when you ask who is going to win. I however have the luxury of being able to see more Sanchez fights and training than most people do so I know a little bit more of what he brings from the table. He hasn't fought on a national televised fight in some time now so he doesn't have as much exposure. Arum is smart and he knows he can make more money with Chavez Jr than Sanchez so I expect him to be rooting for Jr but just because Arum is pulling for Jr it doesn't necessarily mean Jr is the better fighter, he's just the more marketable of the two and Arum is a business man so I dont' blame him. But I'm going to stick to my prediction. I've seen a lot of both of their fights and Sanchez has more skill and power than Jr but Jr is pretty tough himself. The two fighters they have both fought were Shad Howard and Travis Hartman. Sanchez KO'd both of them in less than a round while it took Jr 4 and 3 rounds respectively.
kidbazooka1
Maybe bpipe knows something we don't know. cool.gif

Either way I think it's gonna be a tough fight for both of em'.
bpipe
I'm not trying to make it out like I know boxing any more than any of you guys on here, what I'm trying to say is I know what Sanchez is capable of because I've seen quite a few of his fights live. I haven't seen Jr live yet but Ive seen a lot of his fights that were on HBO/PPV and also some on YouTube. I agree though its going to be a really good fight for both of them. May the best man win, but I'm betting the ranch Sanchez walks out victorious! I've been waiting for this fight to materialize ever since Jr called out Sanchez a few fights ago so you better believe I'll be watching this one ringside.
Boxingjunkie
This should be a good fight. It is time that Jr. steps up and takes a real challenge. He is at that point where he needs to fight these kind of fighters to see where he is at in his career. Should be a good one.

Boxingjunkie
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Nov 28 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]367383[/snapback]
This should be a good fight. It is time that Jr. steps up and takes a real challenge. He is at that point where he needs to fight these kind of fighters to see where he is at in his career. Should be a good one.

Boxingjunkie

I agree, though I think Arum is thinking Sanchez is just another stepping stone for Chavez. IMO Sanchez is most definintly gonna be Jr toughest fight and vice versa.
ghost13
I think Chavez stops him in the mid rounds without much problems
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.