Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd on Dancing with the Stars
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
salvador
At the risk of opening myself to too much ridicule, I watch Dancing with the Stars with my 89 year old grandmother (with whom I have dinner once a week) and from the bottom of my heart I feel that Floyd was not only screwed, but he was treated badly.

First of all, if Floyd fought like he dances he'd be a zillionare. He takes risks on the dancefloor that he'd never take in the ring and yet he was voted off in favor of Jenny fucking Garth along with a whole host of d-level gay as hell "celebs". There's no doubt in my mind that if he was an actor like Denzel Washington, he'd have been in the finals. But he got voted off quickly due entirely, IMO, to his shitty atitude. Fine.

And again, I hate Floyd because he never fights like he talks. But whatever. He got fucked on the show and it was obvious that it was the producers' decision. But the thing that bothers me is that not only did he get screwed, but tonight he came back to do one last interview and he got treated like shit. He opted out of dancing one final dance on tv because of his training schedule. Rather than thanking him for taking time out to come back for one last show, they basically cut him off mid-sentence and shoved him out the door - as if somehow a guy who stands up to DLH, Corrales, Judah, Castillo ect. should EVER be subjected to such humiliation from such a tool.

I really feel that boxing was dissed tonight and I hope that no other boxer ever considers making the same mistake. Who the hell are these people who think that they can treat warriors like that? Seriously, they want boxers to give the show some credibility, but they don't return the favor. Hopefully they'll go to the UFC for next season's tough guy.

If nothing else, it actually made me feel some sympathy for Floyd. I guess I'm going soft.

Method
It's his own fault for putting himself in a position to get treated like that....and he deserves any humbling he gets.

If Jenny Garth is D list, Than Floyd is somewhere around f or g-list as far as main stream celebs are concerned. Sure, Jenny Garth is out of sight out of mind, but that just goes to show you how big the phenom. she was a part of.

F Floyd.

Hollywood has absolutely no time for egomaniacs like that. In boxing, he is a big fish in a small pond. In Hollywood/celeb land, he's nobody.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(salvador @ Nov 27 2007, 09:18 PM) [snapback]367300[/snapback]
At the risk of opening myself to too much ridicule, I watch Dancing with the Stars with my 89 year old grandmother (with whom I have dinner once a week) and from the bottom of my heart I feel that Floyd was not only screwed, but he was treated badly.

First of all, if Floyd fought like he dances he'd be a zillionare. He takes risks on the dancefloor that he'd never take in the ring and yet he was voted off in favor of Jenny fucking Garth along with a whole host of d-level gay as hell "celebs". There's no doubt in my mind that if he was an actor like Denzel Washington, he'd have been in the finals. But he got voted off quickly due entirely, IMO, to his shitty atitude. Fine.

And again, I hate Floyd because he never fights like he talks. But whatever. He got fucked on the show and it was obvious that it was the producers' decision. But the thing that bothers me is that not only did he get screwed, but tonight he came back to do one last interview and he got treated like shit. He opted out of dancing one final dance on tv because of his training schedule. Rather than thanking him for taking time out to come back for one last show, they basically cut him off mid-sentence and shoved him out the door - as if somehow a guy who stands up to DLH, Corrales, Judah, Castillo ect. should EVER be subjected to such humiliation from such a tool.

I really feel that boxing was dissed tonight and I hope that no other boxer ever considers making the same mistake. Who the hell are these people who think that they can treat warriors like that? Seriously, they want boxers to give the show some credibility, but they don't return the favor. Hopefully they'll go to the UFC for next season's tough guy.

If nothing else, it actually made me feel some sympathy for Floyd. I guess I'm going soft.

I would hope that no one gives you a a hard time about spending time with your grandma. I think its quite commendable in this day and age where the elderly are marginalized.
thehype
Sh1t...I can't lie...I watched the show with the ol' ball and chain...just about every damn episode. I hate to burst your bubble, but Floyd got booted off because 1) he couldn't dance worth crap and 2) he didn't bring any entertainment value to the dances. Simple as that. He looked like a kid who was just trying way too hard to get someone to pay attention to him. If anyone got screwed, it was that Cheetah girl...Sabrina...that girl could dance her ass off and she definitely should have been in he finals. Floyd though? No fvckin way. He got booted exactly when he should have.
STEVENSKI
I hope he got screwed by the judges & I hope the judges screw him against Hatton.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.