March 22nd (HBO)
Joel Casamayor - Michael Katsidis
BigG
February 16th (HBO PPV)
Kelly Pavlik - Jermain Taylor
Jorge Arce - Martin Castillo (rumored)
Ricardo Torres - Victor Ortiz (rumored)
Zab Judah - Carlos Quintana (rumored)

What a fuckin card.......I hope its true.
Lil-lightsout
Cory Spinks- Verno Phillips. Boooooooooooring! I have always likes Verno, he has been around a long time, but Spinks is gonna get an easy unanimous decision in this snoozer. Terrible match-up on a PPV card no less.
JD
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 29 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]367553[/snapback]
Cory Spinks- Verno Phillips. Boooooooooooring! I have always likes Verno, he has been around a long time, but Spinks is gonna get an easy unanimous decision in this snoozer. Terrible match-up on a PPV card no less.

There will be 2 more fights added to that card...what they will be is up in the air.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 29 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]367554[/snapback]
There will be 2 more fights added to that card...what they will be is up in the air.

As long as none of them include Derrick "Smoke" Gainer laugh.gif
JD
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Nov 29 2007, 03:35 PM) [snapback]367556[/snapback]
As long as none of them include Derrick "Smoke" Gainer laugh.gif

LOL. Agreed...
BigG
Also.

Feb. 2...

Vic Darchinyan vs. Z Gorres....Darchinyan is gonna get schooled.
ROLL DEEP
What a GREAT start to the year.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Oleg Maskaev - Samuel Peter....forgot that one was coming up.
Jack 1000
What a great start for boxing!!! I do wish that Pavik-Taylor II was HBO instead of PPV. But at least there is an excellent balance of HBO/Showtime boxing as well.

Jack
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Nov 29 2007, 03:22 PM) [snapback]367551[/snapback]
What a fuckin card.......I hope its true.

Yes, that would be one of the greatest cards in recent memory if it actually happens!

ghost13
Rafael Marquez-Israel Vazquez 3 is the one I'm looking forward to the most
HaydelHammer
Jones vs Trinidad ....this will be the worst fight of 2008 I promise. 2 200 pounders trying to fight at 170 ....for what? Might as well go at it at 195. Same sh*t.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(HaydelHammer @ Nov 29 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]367639[/snapback]
Jones vs Trinidad ....this will be the worst fight of 2008 I promise. 2 200 pounders trying to fight at 170 ....for what? Might as well go at it at 195. Same sh*t.

two 200 pounders?

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Cory Spinks on the undercard though, and thats all that matters. It'll be a big start to the new year for the Jr Middleweight champ, and he's gonna have a big year. Hopefully FNF has some good fights as well. Should be another good year for boxing.
Kyle
Snoop
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Nov 29 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]367610[/snapback]
What a great start for boxing!!! I do wish that Pavik-Taylor II was HBO instead of PPV. But at least there is an excellent balance of HBO/Showtime boxing as well.

Jack

I wish all PPV fights were HBO instead. LOL. But for that card, I'd be willing to shell out some $ for that.

But FUCK...I won't be in the country in the beginning of the year. Damn you JD...
Jack 1000
QUOTE(JD @ Nov 29 2007, 02:19 PM) [snapback]367550[/snapback]
January 5th (Showtime)
Paul Malignaggi - Herman Ngoudjo

January 19th (HBO PPV)
Roy Jones - Felix Trinidad
Cory Spinks - Verno Phillips

January 26th (HBO)
Alexander Povetkin - Eddie Chambers

February 2nd (Showtime)
Oleg Maskaev - Samuel Peter

February 2nd (HBO)
Paul Williams - TBD
Chris Arreola - David Tua OR Calvin Brock
Andre Ward - Allan Green OR William Joppy

February 16th (HBO PPV)
Kelly Pavlik - Jermain Taylor
Jorge Arce - Martin Castillo (rumored)
Ricardo Torres - Victor Ortiz (rumored)
Zab Judah - Carlos Quintana (rumored)

February 23rd (HBO)
Wladimir Klitschko - Sultan Ibragimov

March 1st (Showtime)
Israel Vazquez - Rafael Marquez III

March 15th (HBO PPV)
Juan Manuel Marquez - Manny Pacquiao

Date TBD (HBO)
Juan Diaz - Michael Katsidis

Comments on the big fight dates:

January 19 Trinidad-Jones PPV: SUCKS. Nothing more than two old timers looking for a payday. This as a PPV is dogshit. There is a slight chance of Tito landing a power shot early and Jones getting KTFO. (Which would be the only thing worthy about this fight.) But even the winner has nothing to gain because the loser, no matter who it is is shot anyway.

February 16th: Taylor-Pavlik II: A GREAT fight and a strong undercard. But Taylor doesn't have the style to be a PPV fighter. He NEEDED Pavik the first fight to make it exciting. This should be an HBO fight. I may be forced to pass on this PPV, because if Taylor won, I would feel cheated and we would have to listen to Lamply "OHHHH AWWWEEEE" over Taylor. Pavlik needs to win and win big and we can send this "second coming of Mark Breland" into retirement! This should be on regular HBO. If Showtime can give us Marquez-Vasquez III for free, (An almost certain classic like the first two,) we should be getting Pavik-Taylor II on regular HBO.

March 1st: Vasquez-Marquez III: FOTY potential, WAY TO GO SHOWTIME!!!!!

March 15th: Marquez-Pacquiao II: Another potential FOTY and I am ordering this one for sure! This is a great PPV!

Date TBA: Diaz-Katsidis: HBO: ANOTHER FOTY POTENTIAL. A beautiful HBO fight!!!! Will be a guaranteed war! This is what HBO should have done with Pavik-Taylor II.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 29 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]367694[/snapback]
Cory Spinks on the undercard though, and thats all that matters. It'll be a big start to the new year for the Jr Middleweight champ, and he's gonna have a big year. Hopefully FNF has some good fights as well. Should be another good year for boxing.
Kyle

Yea, before Safe Conscious Roy puts fans to sleep with a ZZZZZZZZZZZ UD rip off of $45, viewers will get to see Cory Stinks cry again. Who would want to miss that? LOL! (That is if people are awake long enough to see the crying.) Kyle, do you honestly believe that having Spinks on this card attracts the PPV viewers in any way? IMO this undercard alienates the viewer more than anything.

Jack
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Honestly, I really don't think that the undercard on a pay per view show increases or decreases the amount of buys. The main event is the fight that is promoted. I mean look at the Vargas-Mayorga PPV telecast. Don King only mentioned Jones-Tito, and didn't mention anything about the undercard. There are a lot of big Tito fans still, and a lot of big Jones Jr. fans out there as well. That will carry 95 % of the buys on this fight, plus the fan who's curious about the matchup still. Of course along with all those fans there will be one Spinks fan who'll look foreward to this fight.
Kyle
Snoop
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 2 2007, 04:03 AM) [snapback]368032[/snapback]
Honestly, I really don't think that the undercard on a pay per view show increases or decreases the amount of buys. The main event is the fight that is promoted. I mean look at the Vargas-Mayorga PPV telecast. Don King only mentioned Jones-Tito, and didn't mention anything about the undercard. There are a lot of big Tito fans still, and a lot of big Jones Jr. fans out there as well. That will carry 95 % of the buys on this fight, plus the fan who's curious about the matchup still. Of course along with all those fans there will be one Spinks fan who'll look foreward to this fight.
Kyle

I think it depends on the headliners. For Jones/Tito, I think you're right, there are still enough hard-core Tito fans for the card to carry itself. But for fights like Pavlik/Taylor II, neither fighter has a strong enough fan base to carry a PPV. Here, at least for me, the undercards matter.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, but the point is promoters usually only sell the main event. Casual fans dont know about the undercard at all usually. They are trying to sell Taylor-Pavlik 2 based off the fact that the first fight was a great fight. Also, Taylor has been on PPV before so they might think they can sell the fight based off those two things. The undercard matters to hardcore boxing fans, but promoters sell the main event.
salvador
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 1 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]367964[/snapback]
January 19 Trinidad-Jones PPV: SUCKS. Nothing more than two old timers looking for a payday. This as a PPV is dogshit. There is a slight chance of Tito landing a power shot early and Jones getting KTFO. (Which would be the only thing worthy about this fight.) But even the winner has nothing to gain because the loser, no matter who it is is shot anyway.

February 16th: Taylor-Pavlik II: A GREAT fight and a strong undercard. But Taylor doesn't have the style to be a PPV fighter. He NEEDED Pavik the first fight to make it exciting. This should be an HBO fight. I may be forced to pass on this PPV, because if Taylor won, I would feel cheated and we would have to listen to Lamply "OHHHH AWWWEEEE" over Taylor. Pavlik needs to win and win big and we can send this "second coming of Mark Breland" into retirement! This should be on regular HBO. If Showtime can give us Marquez-Vasquez III for free, (An almost certain classic like the first two,) we should be getting Pavik-Taylor II on regular HBO.

I disagree.

To say that Jones-Tito will SUCK is crazy. Mayorga-Vargas were both past it and looking for a payday (especially Vargas) and they had one of the best fights of the year because their personalities and their styles brought so much extra drama to the table. Vargas, in particular, was slow and unsteady but he came to fight and made it totally entertaining. I fully expect Tito, whether or not he actually lands the big punch, to come forward all night looking for the ko, thereby giving Roy endless opportunities to land the big counter shot. This fight will end with a ko one way or another. And if Tito pulls it off, I don't think you would like yourself too much for missing it! laugh.gif

And as far as Taylor is concerned, are you seriously telling me that you weren't on your feet screaming when he knocked Pavlik down in the 2nd (I think) round? Taylor was a beast that night and as much as I really think that PPVs are killing the sport, Taylor always at least tries to make his fights exciting and with Pavlik he's got a very hittable guy in front of him. My only fear for this fight is that Taylor will try to outbox him, like he should have done in the first fight. And if the undercard has either Arce-Castillo or Judah-Quintana, then I think this is one of the best PPV values we've had in a while.

Spreadking3rd
HBO really forcing us a lot of PPVs back to back months. Good fights though I guess.

I would like to see Showtime step it back up with some solid shows. They slipped this past weekend.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Spreadking3rd @ Dec 3 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]368261[/snapback]
HBO really forcing us a lot of PPVs back to back months. Good fights though I guess.

I would like to see Showtime step it back up with some solid shows. They slipped this past weekend.

Yea,

That Tarver shit was so bad that Showtime execs should be SHOT for such a card. But, think of the classic war with Marquez-Vasquez III! (AND NOT ON PPV!!) Hear that HBO?????? You should have done the same thing with Pavik-Taylor II. At least Showtime isn't overdoing the PPV's like HBO does. But last weekends card was despicable! Not only for a Premium Cable network, but for any network. WTF? Tarver-Santiago???!!! Don't fuck around with that shit. Boxing fans are not THAT stupid. This is the kind of match that would have alienated viewers from ANY boxing network.

Jack
JD
Updated...
JD
Updated again...
Southeastpaw
damn, Quintana's people are really feedin him to the lions here. I actually thought he was going to be fighting Zab instead of Williams. I would rather see him fight Zab. Williams is going to be entirely too much for Carlos. He should not take a fight this big only one fight after that beating he took from Cotto.
JD
Updated...Diaz - Katsidis added...
JD
Updated AGAIN...others to come I am certain...
Big Slim Sweet
Hate to be a pisser but the lineup seems to be getting weaker.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.