Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joke of an article
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
WindyCityP
Please

Floyd was the B side PERIOD!!!!!!!
STEVENSKI
"I read somewhere that he said he is better than Sugar Ray Robinson and Muhammad Ali," Hatton said. "Yeah, and my (expletive) is as big as Ron Jeremy's."

Hatton should be a comedian. He is a funny dude & I hope he manages to bust Floyd up. Perhaps he should look to punch Floyd on the hands to break them?
Warlord
QUOTE(WindyCityP @ Nov 29 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]367640[/snapback]
Please

Floyd was the B side PERIOD!!!!!!!

I read that article too. It's strangely reminiscent of the gay shit Gregory used to post back at boxingtalk.com. How I long for the day when these so-called "journalists" get back to a little something called "objectivity" when writing their news articles.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Nov 29 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]367658[/snapback]
I hope he manages to bust Floyd up. Perhaps he should look to punch Floyd on the hands to break them?

I am sure the if this were the 80's that would be the idea I mean shit those cats from the 60's-80's they would bust you on the arms if you had a solid defense just to bruise you up enough to bring those hands down in the later rounds, but back then the later rounds were also 10-15
Warlord
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Nov 29 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]367679[/snapback]
I am sure the if this were the 80's that would be the idea I mean shit those cats from the 60's-80's they would bust you on the arms if you had a solid defense just to bruise you up enough to bring those hands down in the later rounds, but back then the later rounds were also 10-15

Rocky Marciano was BRUTAL when it came to punching a mother fucker's arms. He'd fucking kill guys's arms. You can read back on guys he fought and twenty years later they'd be telling their grandsons shit like, "I can still feel his punches, even now. He never stopped."
Method
Well, it was just fucking Hilarious how on the last 24/7 he said ""DLH got his biggest payday fighting me. Zab Judah got his biggest payday fighting me..." (and he named another which I can't remember) and Im thinking, "Is this nig delusional?" DLH Made as much as he's made...Floyd had nothing to do with it. And correct me if Im wrong, but Zab lost his pay day b/c of the Baldo loss prior to Mayweather. Flyod made the money he made against Gatti b/c of Gatti. If this cat thinks hes the draw that gets those guys paid, he's nuckin futs. The only guy he can say he's on par with in the fights he's mentioned is Judah....and that is a draw of equals.

I didn't read the article you guys are referring to in this thread, but judging from skimming the responses in here, it sparked my memory of the last 24/7 and that delusional comment.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Method @ Nov 30 2007, 06:22 AM) [snapback]367769[/snapback]
Well, it was just fucking Hilarious how on the last 24/7 he said ""DLH got his biggest payday fighting me. Zab Judah got his biggest payday fighting me..." (and he named another which I can't remember) and Im thinking, "Is this nig delusional?" DLH Made as much as he's made...Floyd had nothing to do with it. And correct me if Im wrong, but Zab lost his pay day b/c of the Baldo loss prior to Mayweather. Flyod made the money he made against Gatti b/c of Gatti. If this cat thinks hes the draw that gets those guys paid, he's nuckin futs. The only guy he can say he's on par with in the fights he's mentioned is Judah....and that is a draw of equals.

I didn't read the article you guys are referring to in this thread, but judging from skimming the responses in here, it sparked my memory of the last 24/7 and that delusional comment.

Absoultly correct, How the fuck can that cat say DLH made his biggest payday fighting him, yes the fight was big only because of Floyds status, Floyd doesnt sell out arenas he needs a big name attached to do that shit, Judah, Gatti, DLH etc... this article here is claiming Floyd may break the PPV Record with Hatton? it should be more like Floyd needs Hatton in order to get decent PPV buys, the fucking author if the column is on crack.
MarzB
Sure, Floyd was the b-side. Prince opened for the Rolling Stones.

In that instance, 'Nard was the "B-side" to Oscar. The fact is while Oscar made the lion share of the money in both instances, it ALLOWED both of these guys to be seen on a mainstream level. Granted in Hop's instance he was there with Trinidad but he was the "b" side in that.

Sticking with Floyd,sure he's an a$$hole. But regardless of what you or others here may think of him, he's definitely increase his mass media profile and I see where the author was coming from. If anything, I was curious to hear more what Billy Graham had to say. But the article to me isn't a joke.

Keep in mind the audience on YAHOO is different than someone who's an avid hardcore boxing fan you'd find here..

All that said, regardless of people loving to throw up how empty the Miami Arena was with Brusselles and where the TrailBlazers play with Mitchell. At this stage Floyd has become a mainstream name whether you love him or you HATE him (as the article did point out) and I guarantee this. He definitely won't have a 3/4 empty arena this point forward.

So the article does have some credence.
Method
Put him in Miami against Brusselles again and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he got that much more than the 8k that showed up the last time (if it was even that). Not saying its definite foregone conclusion, but I'd bet on it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.