Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime triple header (Round By Round/PostFight)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spreadking3rd
THANKS SPREADKING,

WE WILL PIN THIS THREAD AND MAKE IT A ROUND BY ROUND FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO COMMENT: THE FIGHTS START AT 8 PM (CST) on Showtime and include:

TARVER-SANTIAGO (For some nothing Belt)

FORREST-PICCIRILLO (WBC JR. Middleweight Title)

DONAIRE-MALDONADO (IBF Flyweight Title)

Jack

Administrator

I think Donaire-Maldonado could be entertaining. The other 2 old guys Forrest and Tarver against not so heart-racing competition probably won't be so fun.

If anybody is watching and wants some chat I will also be at fightjudge scoring the fight live.

Have a good evening....i'm gonna make sure to last the 3 1/2 hours it might take.

The last time during JLC/Casamayor I did fall asleep.

I believe that was a showtime December triple-header a couple years ago.
salvador
As I'm typing this I'm enjoying a Big Mac. Interestingly, I think there were more people in line at McDonalds than there are at Foxwoods tonight. Is Tarver the only figher, with the exception of Winky, who could be in a Rocky movie and still not be able to draw flies?
Southeastpaw
Masterful performance from Donaire. I was VERY VERY VERY impressed with Nonito's follow up performance of his domination of Darchinian. Maldanado is no slug by any means and stopped him in dominating fashion. VERY impressive win.
salvador
Forrest looks great, again. Having had shoulder surgery, it's almost impossible for me to believe that a fighter who relies so heavily on his jab could come back from it, but Vernon seems to be 100%.
pacco_diablo
Piccirillo reminds me of Don Flamingo.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Forrest looked pretty good tonight, and was the first person to stop Piccirillio. This could set up a third match with Ricardo Mayorga which could be interesting. He looked really sharp tonight, and never wore down. Donaire also looked good too. He looked great the first three rounds, but Maldonado came back in that 4th round. He showed some great heart in there, but was just outgunned in those last 3 rounds. I thought the ref could of even stopped it a bit sooner, but it was stopped properly. Tarver coming up next.
Kyle
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Not many people watching this card tonight either. Oh well, Im snowed in here in the Twin Cities so I got free time. Hopefully Tarver comes through tonight so theres a match with Dawson
Kyle
BigG
Nonito and forrest looked good.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Tarver and Santiago are in the ring now, and Lennon is doing the introductions. Hopefully this is a good one.
Kyle
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It was a close round one with a little bit of holding. Tarver said he was gonna come out and be busy, but he really didn't do much at all. Santiago was busier, but didn't really land anything clean til the last seconds of the round. He seems to be able to get on the inside, but Tarver is getting that jab going. Santiago's round.
Kyle
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Tarver did a much better job this round keeping the fight on the outside. He landed a couple nice lefts, and kept the jab in Santiago's face the whole round. Santiago landed one nice body shot, but he really wasn't busy enough. Tarver didn't throw all that much either, but did more than enough to win the round. Crowd is booing though. 19-19.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Santiago came out more active, and landed some pretty good body shots. Tarver looked tentative, and was losing the round til about the 2 minute mark. He landed a nice jab that stunned Santiago and Tarver followed up. He landed a couple lefts and that was the round. It was a closer round, but Tarver took it over in the last half. 29-28 Tarver
Brasileirotk
How can i watch the fight online live?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Both fighters came out active in round 4, but Tarver took over around the middle of the round. He landed some nice lefts to the body, and ended up stunning him. He put him down once, then put him down again seconds later. The ref stopped and it's a TKO 4 for Tarver. Should set up Tarver-Dawson
Kyle
Brasileirotk
damn i can t believe he lost Danny Santiago is my trainer. cray.gif
kidbazooka1
Nonito also stopped Maldonado in 8.

I wanna see Arce/Donaire but I doubt that would happen any time soon.
Big Slim Sweet
Tarver looked terrible. He's finished. The only thing he has left are heavy hands.

Forrest looked sharp again, but Piccollo and Baldomir are a couple of stiffs.
Lil-lightsout
I thought Tarver looked OK. He fought patient and picked his spots, showed good defense and landed some pretty good bodyshots. Tarver can still crack with that left land when he wants to, I would not write him off just yet. Not to mention he was in there with Santiago(who?), give him a big name and I am sure you would see a sharper Tarver. Antonio did look like he lost some speed in his last couple of fights. He definately would give Lacy some problems, and Dawson has a shaky chin(down 3 times), so I would pick Tarver to KO Dawson.
Don Flamenco
QUOTE(pacco_diablo @ Dec 1 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]368028[/snapback]
Piccirillo reminds me of Don Flamingo.

Who, me??? dntknw.gif
BigG
I have Dawson over Tarver ALL DAY...
BrutalBodyShots
Tarver is too slow to catch Dawson with anything meaningful.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.