Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deep Freeze retires.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
Maxy
Following his unsuccessful attempt to regain the light heavyweight crown (a bad move), Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn has announced his retirement. It had been expected that Deep Freeze would return to super middle whatever the outcome of his fight with Butkiss but Gawn has told his fans he will not be returning to the ring.

This leaves the super middleweight division wide open with several fighters capable of winning the vacant crown and it looks highly likely now that the title will be changing hands several times in the coming weeks, such is the competition in the division.

Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn...greatest super middle in the league's history.
CyruS
QUOTE(Richard Butkiss - #1 P4P Fighter In The World Today - The Undisputed Light Heavyweight World Champion)
First off, I would like to thank Deep Freeze for showing enough courage to step up to the plate and bringing his lineal Light Heavyweight Championship into a unification bout with my World Title. Secondly, I would like to thank Deep Freeze for actually showing up to the fight and throwing some power punches in there and not just his regular jab fest, he showed he can atleast throw something. Thirdly, I'm waiting for you to put yourself up to a vote for the Hall Of Fame, I am waiting for that announcement. Good luck in retirement Deep Freeze.
BigG
Legendary career in the league....it's time to put him in the HOF thread Maxy.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 2 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]368134[/snapback]
Legendary career in the league....it's time to put him in the HOF thread Maxy.

He's got 222 IP's. That gives him room for a comeback one day so I'm thinking that it might be too soon to put him in the HOF. He might do a Roy Jones and taint his career if he does come back but I would like to keep the option open just in case.
CyruS
You could still be inducted now and do one comeback fight later.
Maxy
Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn.

"I`ve had a little while to think things through and I reckon I made a hasty decision when I quit...
I can`t just sit idol and waste the talent that God gave me. I want a tune up fight and then I want Butkiss...
This thing needs to be a trilogy."
CyruS
Butkiss himself is heavily leaning towards retirement. There just isn't anything left out there for him. It's probably best for him to retire on top of his game.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Dec 5 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]368576[/snapback]
Butkiss himself is heavily leaning towards retirement. There just isn't anything left out there for him. It's probably best for him to retire on top of his game.

No.

Thats a cop out.

In fact, that would be disgraceful.
CyruS
Nothing disgraceful about it. Butkiss should ride off into the sunset. Top 36 chamber fighters aren't like the fighters from the Krumbsnatcher gym who say they are retire and come back pretty quick laugh.gif
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Dec 5 2007, 04:47 PM) [snapback]368582[/snapback]
Nothing disgraceful about it. Butkiss should ride off into the sunset. Top 36 chamber fighters aren't like the fighters from the Krumbsnatcher gym who say they are retire and come back pretty quick laugh.gif

OK.

Krumbsnatcher fighters NEVER duck a challenge.

36 Chambers fighters....quack, quack, quack.
CyruS
QUOTE(Fighthype.com/WeBL-36_Chambers)
#1 P4P Fighter Retires!?
Word has it that the current number 1 pound for pound fighter in the world today and the reigning Undisputed Light Heavyweight World Champion, Richard "Dick" Butkiss (22-3-1 14KOs) has secretly told close friends that he is retired from the sport of boxing! Butkiss who is fresh off his revenge knock out victory over the previous #1 pound 4 pound fighter and long time Super Middleweight King, Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn presumable retires at the top of his game. This is the second instance of a 36 Chamber fighter retiring as the #1 P4P Fighter and going out as champion after a big win. Is this really it for Butkiss? I am sure there will be frantic phone calls from the Krumbsnatcher Gym giving a country's fortune to get Butkiss back in the ring with his undisputed light heavyweight championship.
Blayde
Man, Butkiss obviously doesnt want the 3rd fight.
Maxy
QUOTE(Blayde @ Dec 6 2007, 10:24 AM) [snapback]368685[/snapback]
Man, Butkiss obviously doesnt want the 3rd fight.

Thats the Chambers boys all over. Look back through the league's history and they ALWAYS DEMAND rematches but they ain't got the balls to give a rematch if they win the first fight.

Punks.
CyruS
Apparently the Krumbsnatcher gym doesn't know the art of negotiations.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Dec 6 2007, 03:23 PM) [snapback]368749[/snapback]
Apparently the Krumbsnatcher gym doesn't know the art of negotiations.

Nope, we are a hot-headed bunch.

No tact whatsoever.

rolleyes_anim.gif
BigG
Fuck Dep Freeze and Butkiss..

Da Dark Lord called out Deep Freeze to fight at a catchweight of 147 and called out TOS to fight at a catchweight of 154...and yall backed out like some BITCHES.. laugh.gif

You hear me, BITCHES who ducked Judah
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 6 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]368755[/snapback]
Fuck Dep Freeze and Butkiss..

Da Dark Lord called out Deep Freeze to fight at a catchweight of 147 and called out TOS to fight at a catchweight of 154...and yall backed out like some BITCHES.. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Deep Freeze's shit weighs 147.

Don't forget, The Pikey called out Zab at 126. Zab didn't want no part of the mighty Irishman!
BigG
Judah is not interested in knocking out the 4'10 105 pound Pikey.....But he is seducing him to join Da Dark Side.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 6 2007, 03:39 PM) [snapback]368758[/snapback]
Judah is not interested in knocking out the 4'10 105 pound Pikey.....But he is seducing him to join Da Dark Side.

Hey man, he's 5' and weighs 106....

Look at you trying to make my man sound small.

laugh.gif

Imagine it....Zab Judah getting sparked by the world strawweight champion...
CyruS
Id pay to see Judah-Pikey.

Do it has 135.

Oxy Con Mon proved a much MUCH smaller man and knock out a much MUCH bigger man laugh.gif

You still havent set an offer on the table for Butkiss, Maxy.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Dec 6 2007, 03:55 PM) [snapback]368765[/snapback]
You still havent set an offer on the table for Butkiss, Maxy.

Don't worry....after this Sunday's bout you will be presented with the biggest offer in the history of the league.

I'm confident you will like it.
CyruS
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 03:59 PM) [snapback]368766[/snapback]
Don't worry....after this Sunday's bout you will be presented with the biggest offer in the history of the league.

I'm confident you will like it.

I am intrigued. The suspense is killing me.
CyruS
I just checked the payday of the fight and it was $2,309,472

Has there been any fight that has topped that?
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Dec 6 2007, 04:24 PM) [snapback]368769[/snapback]
I am intrigued. The suspense is killing me.

Too much weed, too much stella...

I gotta learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes...now I have to think of something good...some mad offer. Shit!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.