Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cristian Mijares....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
His thrashing of Jorge Arce was beautifull to watch. This cat is gonna be hard to beat. I remember seeing him against a former WBC champ (Kawashima I think? which was held in Japan) and he looked so impressive.

I'd love to see Donaire or Montiel fight Mijares.
kidbazooka1
As good as I think Donaire will be I think it's a little to soon for him to face someone like Mijares but Montiel/Mijares woould be a good one.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 4 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]368394[/snapback]
As good as I think Donaire will be I think it's a little to soon for him to face someone like Mijares but Montiel/Mijares woould be a good one.

Totally disagree. I was not too sure about Donaire after the Darchinian bout just because i had not seen him before and was not sure if it was just a clash of styles and Nonito had his #. But after the way he handled Luis Maldonado last Saturday night confirms that he is legit. He dominated and stopped Vic and dominated (exception of the 4th rd) and stopped Maldonado.
Maldonado is as tough as they come. His only loss came from Darchinian and he fought to a draw with Mijares. Not only is he ready for Christian, but I believe he beats him. I actually would like to see a Montiel/Donaire fight more. But IMHO, I believe that Donaire would take him as well.
BigG
I have Montiel over Donaire..not being biased as you know I love Fernando...but Montiel is way better then anyone Donaire has ever beaten.

I can see Montiel beating him on the cards or stopping him late...but could also see Donaire taking him.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 4 2007, 03:07 PM) [snapback]368412[/snapback]
I have Montiel over Donaire..not being biased as you know I love Fernando...but Montiel is way better then anyone Donaire has ever beaten.

I can see Montiel beating him on the cards or stopping him late...but could also see Donaire taking him.

i hear ya bg. The reason I pick Donaire over Montiel is because Nonito is a rangier fighter that is very measured and utilizes his height very well. That and I am also basing this of of Fernando's last performance. He was hurt pretty bad in that fight if I remember right. That was an awesome fight too. But Nonito has so much momentum going for him right now. He seems very smart and has plans on being the one Filipino to unify a division. Which means that Fernando would have to fight him @ fly. I would LOVE to see this fight. i am in no way knocking Montiel. I would not be surprised by any means if he beat donaire, but I would be definitely leaning towrds Donaire if this fight ever came to be.
BigG
Yeah....but Montiel DOES match Donaire in terms of ability, speed, and power....although he was hurt. I've seen Nonito rocked also..but not in the Darchinyan fight. He took Vics punches well.

Montiel took shots from Jhonny Gonzalez and arguably beat him.
torvix2000
I thought Donaire was just a bad style matchup against Vic. But after his fight with Maldonado, I'm sure he's a legit. I think he's at least as good as Mijares is and with more power.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 4 2007, 04:01 PM) [snapback]368409[/snapback]
Totally disagree. I was not too sure about Donaire after the Darchinian bout just because i had not seen him before and was not sure if it was just a clash of styles and Nonito had his #. But after the way he handled Luis Maldonado last Saturday night confirms that he is legit. He dominated and stopped Vic and dominated (exception of the 4th rd) and stopped Maldonado.
Maldonado is as tough as they come. His only loss came from Darchinian and he fought to a draw with Mijares. Not only is he ready for Christian, but I believe he beats him. I actually would like to see a Montiel/Donaire fight more. But IMHO, I believe that Donaire would take him as well.

I won't argue with that, I'll definitly be rooting for Nonito if he fights either guy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.