Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather jr rumor
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Nay_Sayer
Is there any merit in the rumor about Floyd's alledged hand injury?
Maxy
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 5 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]368567[/snapback]

He's denied any injury. Say's his hands are perfect and there will be no excuses.
JD
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 5 2007, 03:53 PM) [snapback]368567[/snapback]

I don't think so.

In fact, I would be willing to bet that the rumor came from inside his camp and was simply floated out there in hopes that Hatton will walk in the ring with no regard for Floyd landing on him.
Method
In fact, I would be willing to bet that the rumor came from inside his camp and was simply floated out there in hopes that Hatton will walk in the ring with no regard for Floyd landing on him.

Probably walking in there with that attitude regardless.
BrutalBodyShots
Floyds hands are fine. If Hatton pulls off the upset he will get all the credit in the world.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 5 2007, 04:57 PM) [snapback]368610[/snapback]
Floyds hands are fine. If Hatton pulls off the upset he will get all the credit in the world.

I think its mind games honestly, and I agree Hatton will get all the credit "IF" he beats Floyd, however Floyd can easily use this as an excuse and his statements on 24/7 regarding his body breaking down as an excuse, I think Floyd is planting seeds just in case the what if Happens.
STEVENSKI
The only injury PBF can claim if he gets beaten is one to his pride & ego.
SpitShineTommy
what about all that chit he was going thru with his hands on that show 24/7 ?

he was like soaking them in some white wax type chit..WTF was that all about?

HATTON is gonna come with his A GAME regardless of what he is hearing...he is focused on one thing...beating the crap out pbf !!!

DAM ITS GOOD TO BE BACK...what up fellas....Boxingtalk died or what ??? glad to see all the same peeps !!!

SPITSHINE TOMMY is back...and that means one thing BABY JOE threads are coming back !!!

stay tuned
STEVENSKI
Good to see you Shine Boy.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(SpitShineTommy @ Dec 5 2007, 11:25 PM) [snapback]368648[/snapback]
\
HATTON is gonna come with his A GAME...

No he's not. Hatton's A GAME is at 140. At 147 he's coming with his B GAME. Look at the Collazo fight.
Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 6 2007, 11:43 AM) [snapback]368697[/snapback]
No he's not. Hatton's A GAME is at 140. At 147 he's coming with his B GAME. Look at the Collazo fight.

If you're basing everything on the Collazo fight I reckon you're in for a shock. Hatton will be a totally different animal this time.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 11:45 AM) [snapback]368698[/snapback]
If you're basing everything on the Collazo fight I reckon you're in for a shock. Hatton will be a totally different animal this time.

Why? He has already shown he isn't as good at 147 as he is at 140, so what changes now except that he's facing a BETTER opponent this time? Are Hatton and Mayweather both secretly weighing in at 140 on Friday?

SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 6 2007, 05:38 AM) [snapback]368659[/snapback]
Good to see you Shine Boy.

thanks bro...nice to be back and see all the same peeps!!!!

SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 04:45 PM) [snapback]368698[/snapback]

I concur with Maxy....and like always...dont agree with Brutal , but he does make a good point....I know Ricky is best at 140, true true , but I still feel Ricky will cutt the ring off and work that body and make PBF ball up and cry !!!! lol
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(SpitShineTommy @ Dec 6 2007, 11:58 AM) [snapback]368709[/snapback]
I concur with Maxy....and like always...dont agree with Brutal , but he does make a good point....I know Ricky is best at 140, true true , but I still feel Ricky will cutt the ring off and work that body and make PBF ball up and cry !!!! lol

I've missed your predictions for the past few months Tommy. At least now I can have a laugh with you back in action. Good stuff.

SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 6 2007, 06:43 PM) [snapback]368725[/snapback]
I've missed your predictions for the past few months Tommy. At least now I can have a laugh with you back in action. Good stuff.

ALREADY BRO.....at least we can agree to disagree, lol

friends.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(SpitShineTommy @ Dec 6 2007, 02:23 PM) [snapback]368733[/snapback]
ALREADY BRO.....at least we can agree to disagree, lol

As we have many times in the past, certainly.

Maxy
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 6 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]368704[/snapback]
Why? He has already shown he isn't as good at 147 as he is at 140, so what changes now except that he's facing a BETTER opponent this time? Are Hatton and Mayweather both secretly weighing in at 140 on Friday?

He was awful against Collazo but has trained more than twice as long for this fight. He didn't blow up in weight nowhere near as much before going into training this time either. He's been building his body carefully so that he is as strong as he can be for Saturday's showdown - that wasn't the case against Collazo.

Hatton stood a better chance of victory at 140 but thats not to be...but at least this time he has experience of what its like to be up against a Welterweight. I'm sure he will have learnt from that.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]368698[/snapback]

What about the Urango fight?
Maxy
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 6 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]368741[/snapback]
What about the Urango fight?

He said he flu for that fight.

laugh.gif
Southeastpaw
I believe most, including Hatton, are not worried about power being an issue coming from Floyd. I think foyd packs a bit more than most believe he does. I expect Hatton to be full on and win a couple early rounds. But Floyd's precision and underestimated power is going to be a disheartening reality to Hatton come the early mid-rounds. It is going to be beautiful. I was sittin at about a 5 last week for this fight. I am at about an 8 now.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]368743[/snapback]
He said he flu for that fight.

I don't recall hearing that excuse. Just remember Hatton looking like shi'ite against a nobody...
Maxy
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 6 2007, 03:16 PM) [snapback]368748[/snapback]
I don't recall hearing that excuse. Just remember Hatton looking like shi'ite against a nobody...

Hatton complained of 'flu-like' symptoms when he stayed in Caesars Palace hotel in the lead-up to his fight against Juan Urango in January. It led to a shift in camp to a house without air-conditioning.

Taken from The Telegraph.co.uk
Method
he was like soaking them in some white wax type chit..WTF was that all about?
It was parafin wax, and it's to make your skin softer....they use it for manicure and pedcure's, so I would venture as far as to say it does not protect.

Look, Michael Jordan played hoops day in and day out, and got a pedicure once a week. Floyd Mayweather boxes day in and day out. He probably gets his hands manicured. Who knows. but Parafin wax is used for softening. Not toughening or protecting.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 02:37 PM) [snapback]368739[/snapback]
He was awful against Collazo but has trained more than twice as long for this fight. He didn't blow up in weight nowhere near as much before going into training this time either. He's been building his body carefully so that he is as strong as he can be for Saturday's showdown - that wasn't the case against Collazo.

Hatton stood a better chance of victory at 140 but thats not to be...but at least this time he has experience of what its like to be up against a Welterweight. I'm sure he will have learnt from that.

It's complete speculation as to how much better (if at all) Hatton will perform at 147 for his second time. What we do know is that the first time he didn't look as good as at 140. Might he look better? Sure, but he might also again look worse. To me this is like DLH at 160. He looked like garbage, went back to 154 and looked pretty good. If I heard that Oscar was going to fight at 160 again, even if he trained 10x harder this time for whoever he was going to fight I would still say that based on what I saw of him previously at that weight that he likely wouldn't look good.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 6 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]368744[/snapback]
I believe most, including Hatton, are not worried about power being an issue coming from Floyd.

If were Hatton, his team or his fans I would be worried about Mayweather's punching power. Collazo is no where near being a big banger and he was able to give Hatton a life and death fight with his punching power. Certainly Mayweather isn't any WORSE of a puncher than Collazo, and without question he is much more accurate.
Snoop
I agree with South that Floyd punches harder than most people give him credit for, but most of it is due to accuracy and timing rather than just pure power.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 6 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]368751[/snapback]
It was parafin wax, and it's to make your skin softer....they use it for manicure and pedcure's, so I would venture as far as to say it does not protect.

Look, Michael Jordan played hoops day in and day out, and got a pedicure once a week. Floyd Mayweather boxes day in and day out. He probably gets his hands manicured. Who knows. but Parafin wax is used for softening. Not toughening or protecting.

A real man chews his fingernails not gets a manicure.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 6 2007, 03:28 PM) [snapback]368752[/snapback]
It's complete speculation as to how much better (if at all) Hatton will perform at 147 for his second time. What we do know is that the first time he didn't look as good as at 140. Might he look better? Sure, but he might also again look worse. To me this is like DLH at 160. He looked like garbage, went back to 154 and looked pretty good. If I heard that Oscar was going to fight at 160 again, even if he trained 10x harder this time for whoever he was going to fight I would still say that based on what I saw of him previously at that weight that he likely wouldn't look good.

I dont think it was Collazo's power that hurt Hatton as much as it was a lack of defense on Hatton's part. His defense was terrible late in the fight. He was worn out from fighting a bigger guy. Collazo caught him with several flush shots, kinda like Buster Douglas did Tyson. Hatton was too slow, hurt and tired at the end. I'd be surprised to see Floyd win by KO. I guess it could happen late in the fight, but its doubtful. I think Hatton will hold up just fine. his conditioning may become an issue if he comes out fast and furious...
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 6 2007, 04:02 PM) [snapback]368775[/snapback]
I think Hatton will hold up just fine. his conditioning may become an issue if he comes out fast and furious...

I think that's his best and only chance to win the fight. No way does Hatton win the decision, he's gonna have to put it on Floyd early...

If I were Floyd, being that the champ comes to the ring last, I would make Hatton wait in the ring for as long as possible...
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 6 2007, 02:50 PM) [snapback]368744[/snapback]
I believe most, including Hatton, are not worried about power being an issue coming from Floyd. I think foyd packs a bit more than most believe he does. I expect Hatton to be full on and win a couple early rounds. But Floyd's precision and underestimated power is going to be a disheartening reality to Hatton come the early mid-rounds.

This is what I'm worried about. Being a Hatton fan, I predict that come the early/mid rounds (from 4 onwards) Floyd will gain measure and start to peel off some beautiful, sharp counters that'll stun Ricky time after time.

Hatton will adjust to win a round or two, but PBF will win on points.

I hope I'm wrong cuz I'd love Hatton to bring the belts and the P4P title back to England, but I don't think its gonna happen cray.gif
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 6 2007, 08:45 AM) [snapback]368698[/snapback]

I agree here 100% at the time Hatton moved up to face Collazo we all knew very little about him the only win that was notable at that time was his win over Gonzales who was washed up so it was hard to tell how good Collazo really was, and he isnt no bum, Collazo can fight and does have some skill.
in this fight Hatton is fully aware of whats in front of him and beleive me I am sure he has done everything possible to prepair for Floyd weather or not he wins is another thing, I am routing for Hatton the whole way and if the what if does happen OMFG I am going to have a hay day in this mug. cool.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Regardless of Hatton's preparation you still have a 140 pound fighter fighting the biggest fight of his life at 147.
X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 6 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]368811[/snapback]
Regardless of Hatton's preparation you still have a 140 pound fighter fighting the biggest fight of his life at 147.

Thats true, but dont make it seem like Hatton is the smaller man he started his career at 140 above the class Floyd started his, and How many people have been on these boards to say that Floyd is maxed out at 147? alot of you all said that shit, I dont even want to look at the weight issue as any type of factor there will be no excuse from me should Hatton lose, but I am sure there will be crazy excuses for Floyd fans if Floyd losses that you can bank on.
Ricky was guided properly IMO he has moved up little by little and has done well, I am sure they feel that they can win this fight at this stage why else would they take it? I mean as it stands now there are rumors of a DLH Hatton fight in the UK I am sure if this mayweather fight was about money Hatton could easily make more fighting DLH rather than this fight, so I dont think it has anything to do with Money I think Ricky and his people beleive they can win, and you know what? those body shots do give Ricky a great chance so does his semi illegal style of fighting it just might be enough of a mind fuck to Floyd to take him out of his game mentally.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Dec 6 2007, 08:00 PM) [snapback]368813[/snapback]
Thats true, but dont make it seem like Hatton is the smaller man he started his career at 140 above the class Floyd started his, and How many people have been on these boards to say that Floyd is maxed out at 147?

Hatton will be the smaller man in the ring on Saturday night in the sense that he's a good deal shorter than Mayweather with shorter arms as well.

However, size has NOTHING to do with this fight really. I mean Mayweather gave up all kinds of size to DLH and came away with the win.

What DOES matter is what ability each man has at the weight class. Hatton has proven to be very successful at 140 but has looked SIGNIFICANTLY worse at 147. Mayweather showed tons of success at 130, 135, 140 and while a half step slower at 147 (and 154) he is still elite at and above 147. Mayweather's style is one that allows him to move up and still outclass his opponents. Hatton doesn't "outclass" anyone and gives up his pros when fighting at anything higher than 140.

Southeastpaw
Exactly BBS. I was going to say something of the like but shorter. Something like this.

Floyd has shown that he can kick ass at 147 whereas Hatton has not. The proof is in the pudding.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 6 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]368835[/snapback]
Floyd has shown that he can kick ass at 147 whereas Hatton has not. The proof is in the pudding.

That sums it up nicely. Thank you. =)

The Original MrFactor
Collazo is better than everyone Mayweather has faced at 47 and above, save for DLH. I think Ricky Hatton beats everyone at 47 and above that Mayweather has faced, save for DLH. I think this fight is gonna be alot closer than many think. I've actually convinced myself to buy it... Thanx in part to the 24/7 series... Was there an episode tonight?
BigG
Collazo's better then Judah?

I dont think so. They are similar in skills and style except Judah is clearly faster and hits harder.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 7 2007, 01:43 AM) [snapback]368859[/snapback]

I dont think so. They are similar in skills and style except Judah is clearly faster and hits harder.

ut lost to Baldomir.... I think Collazo beats Baldomir. Judah has those physical advantages, but Collazo is a smarter guy. I think if matched up H2h, Collazo beats Judah. Besides Corey Spinks, Zab's wins at W/W have been against guys we havent really heard of. Zab's best days were at 140.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 7 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]368859[/snapback]

I agree, Judah beats Collazo in a GOOD FIGHT.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 7 2007, 05:10 AM) [snapback]368873[/snapback]
ut lost to Baldomir.... I think Collazo beats Baldomir. Judah has those physical advantages, but Collazo is a smarter guy. I think if matched up H2h, Collazo beats Judah. Besides Corey Spinks, Zab's wins at W/W have been against guys we havent really heard of. Zab's best days were at 140.

Exactly who has Collazo beaten? Last time we saw him Collazo was losing a w i d e decision to Shane Mosley...
Snoop
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 7 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]368873[/snapback]

It's unfair to use the Fighter A, B, C formula because fights are really dependent on styles. Plus, there is a HUGE difference between a focused Zab Judah, (the one that fought Mayweather) and an unfocused Zab Judah (the one that fought Baldomir), and with Judah moreso than with other fighters.
BGv2.0
If I were Hatton....I'd be hitting his hands just as much as trying for his face....if he covers up....rip one right to his hand....

People may know all about PBFs brittle hands...but showing that shit on 24/7 was DUMB IMHO....

I hope Ricky breaks both of PBFs hands, just for the simple fact that he showed that part.....he would deserve it.
BrutalBodyShots
If Mayweather breaks a hand it will be on Hatton's dome, not on Hatton's hand... lol.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.