Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Live is Manfredo this weekend?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
moscow bear
thoughts?
Southeastpaw
I think Manfredo is a very live dog in this. I woud not be surprised if he wins.
moscow bear
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 5 2007, 11:46 PM) [snapback]368594[/snapback]
I think Manfredo is a very live dog in this. I woud not be surprised if he wins.

I think that as well, and the reason I am asking is because the odds of Manfredo's victory are crazy....
BigG
Lacy looked average in last fight which was a year ago. Manfredo might win.
JD
Tsypko is a damn good fighter, and I would actually expect him to beat Manfredo easily - I thought a one armed Lacy did as well as he could with him.

I would not recommend betting on Manfredo. I expect Lacy to look pretty good, very aggressive, and eager to make a statement. Manfredo's legs are less than stellar, and he will be forced to fight - which means he loses.
Southeastpaw
IMO, Manfredo has better fundamentals than Lacy does. I also think that Manfredo was more competitive in the first round with Calzaghe than lacy was the entire fight with Cal. I thought the Manfredo stoppage was garbage BTW. Cal was barely landing anything. I believe that most are writing Manfredo off in this fight. If the odds are right, it woud not hurt to put a little of Manfredo. IMO, that is. But we will see.
JD
Yeah...he probably has better fundamentals, but he is slower, does not punch as hard, weaker, has poor footspeed, and has the worse of the two chins.

His legs will force him to have to fight more than he might otherwise want to, and this will result in him losing.

I would not bet on him here.
Southeastpaw
I am expecting to see a hell of a fight between these two.

I cannot comment on Manfredo's chin really because I have not seen most of his fights. But I have never seen him get hurt in any of his fights. Cal had him on the ropes throwing endless slaps at him, but he was not hurt. But then again, I forgot that Mosley went down against Forrest. lol. Don't ask me how I forgot that. So i may indeed be forgetting seeing peter hurt.
JD
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 5 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]368620[/snapback]
I am expecting to see a hell of a fight between these two.

I cannot comment on Manfredo's chin really because I have not seen most of his fights. But I have never seen him get hurt in any of his fights. Cal had him on the ropes throwing endless slaps at him, but he was not hurt. But then again, I forgot that Mosley went down against Forrest. lol. Don't ask me how I forgot that. So i may indeed be forgetting seeing peter hurt.

I actually saw him buzzed against Mora, though that could have been the result of exhaustion.

Lacy has a terrific chin.

Lil-lightsout
Lacy is due for a good showing, I am picking Lacy by early to mid rounds KO. I don't think Manfredo will be able to deal with the fire power of "left-hook".
Big Slim Sweet
How lopsided are the odds right now?
moscow bear
I can get 8 (!!!!!) on Manfredo on points....
Douchebag
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 6 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]368737[/snapback]

Peter is going to box Lacy's ears off.
Spreadking3rd
I got Lacy to win with his power punches.
BigG
Lacy may very well beat Manfredo and guys on that level but he will get beat by all the top fighters.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 7 2007, 05:58 PM) [snapback]368944[/snapback]
Lacy may very well beat Manfredo and guys on that level but he will get beat by all the top fighters.

Kind of like Zab Judah?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Im pretty sure that Manfredo will win this fight against Lacy. Lacy has always been overrated, and Peter has been improving ever since the Contender series. He's gone from a prospect fighting against Bonsante, to being written off after the contender, and now hopefully he'll be a contender after Lacy. He has the will and the skill to keep Lacy at bay. He can't let Lacy get set and get off those power shots. His movement will win the fight, and he will win by unanimous decision.
Kyle
JD
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 6 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]368737[/snapback]

Good value...but I think Manfredo is going to get worked, and Lacy will look good doing so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.