Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World of Warcraft
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
BigJuicyHog
Any other Wow players here? I have a ton of fun playing. I also enjoyed the South Park episode, make love not Warcraft.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Dec 6 2007, 09:51 PM) [snapback]368823[/snapback]
Any other Wow players here? I have a ton of fun playing. I also enjoyed the South Park episode, make love not Warcraft.

Nah I don't mess with MMORPGs any longer... WAY too addictive! The last one I played was Asheron's Call (and I tried AC2 as well but gave it up quickly) and I spent countless hours playing that game. I have a bunch of friends that are into WOW that really like it though, but they play A LOT.

Southeastpaw
Now you just stick with the FH arcade games. LOL
The Original MrFactor
I play... My character is Elimanning
Al Hata

I play Warcraft, its friggin awsome. I am on the Trollbane server.
BigG
I'm thinking of getting it.....
Bill The Butcher
I used to play it on Blackrock and Daggerspine servers. I had a 60 undead priest named Hopkins, 60 dwarf warrior named Gatti, twinked 29 orc rogue just for Capture the Flag, and a 47 troll shaman. (Forgot the names of my lower level characters.) I played from Beta to little over a year into when it was released. I stopped playing right before they came out with the expansion. One time I played it for 19 hours straight.

Probably one of the best games I've ever played. It's wayyyyy too addicting and time consuming though. I would never play it again. I couldn't do that to my fiance. She would be upset. LOL!

I never was into the whole Raiding thing. I did it a few times, but I prefered the Player VS. Player. I mostly did Arathi Basin and Capture the Flag. But I really missed the open world PvP, that was fun back in the day when everyone would fight each other during quests or group up in Hillsbrad.

Once in a while I have these temptations of playing it again, like right now, since you brought it up in these forums....thanks a lot. Good thing I don't have a good computer anymore or else I would be tempted to reinstall it and play it.
Al Hata
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 7 2007, 04:46 PM) [snapback]368929[/snapback]
I'm thinking of getting it.....

Don't do it. Your a young guy big g. 18 right? You need to focus on school and bitches. This game, which is the best game iv ever played, will hurt your chances to get good grades and bitches.

I started a lil while ago, but Im 25. If I played when I was in school, I would have failed out.
Bill The Butcher
I agree with Al Hata.

If you don't want to get dumped by your girlfriend, or divorced by your wife, or flunk in school, or drag ass at work, then stay away from World of Warcraft.

WoW is the devil.
BigG
LOL laugh.gif

Well, I heard the game is pretty addictive and time consuming with all the leveling up...
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 6 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]368836[/snapback]
Now you just stick with the FH arcade games. LOL

Hell yeah... addictive but you can knock those out in a matter of minutes. I don't have the attention span to play a game for hours on end at a time anymore, which is more or less what's needed for MMORPGs.

BigJuicyHog
Yeah, I play on the Scarlet crusade server. Have a 70 Dwarf Warrior, 70 Human Warlock, and a 48 Dranei Pally (new race with the Burning Crusade expansion). The game is awesome, but like they said it is extremly time consuming if you let it be. I live with my GF, but if I didnt I wouldnt be surprised if I played 8-10 hours a day. As it is, I play a few hours before bed or do a few hours of raiding. I pretty much have a good schedule worked out with my GF so she doesnt get to pissed at me. She goes to bed at like 7 pm which is usually when I start playing. They buffed the leveling as well so that it doesnt take near as long to get to 60. It took me 16 days of playtime to get to 60 on my warrior and 12 on my Warlock to get to 70, but i have played less than 4 days of playtime to get to 48 on my pally thus far. It is really fun and addictive, but you have to have some moderation to it or you will never leave the house again. If any of you want to start a new character on my server or transfer over I am in a pretty friendly raiding guild. I have also been getting more and more into the PVP aspect which is incredibly fun. Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin suck for PVP, but Alterac Valley and Eye of the Storm (new with BC) are very fun, not to mention the Arena Battles (2v2, 3v3, 5v5 premade groups).
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Dec 10 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]369782[/snapback]
Yeah, I play on the Scarlet crusade server. Have a 70 Dwarf Warrior, 70 Human Warlock, and a 48 Dranei Pally (new race with the Burning Crusade expansion). The game is awesome, but like they said it is extremly time consuming if you let it be. I live with my GF, but if I didnt I wouldnt be surprised if I played 8-10 hours a day. As it is, I play a few hours before bed or do a few hours of raiding. I pretty much have a good schedule worked out with my GF so she doesnt get to pissed at me. She goes to bed at like 7 pm which is usually when I start playing. They buffed the leveling as well so that it doesnt take near as long to get to 60. It took me 16 days of playtime to get to 60 on my warrior and 12 on my Warlock to get to 70, but i have played less than 4 days of playtime to get to 48 on my pally thus far. It is really fun and addictive, but you have to have some moderation to it or you will never leave the house again. If any of you want to start a new character on my server or transfer over I am in a pretty friendly raiding guild. I have also been getting more and more into the PVP aspect which is incredibly fun. Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin suck for PVP, but Alterac Valley and Eye of the Storm (new with BC) are very fun, not to mention the Arena Battles (2v2, 3v3, 5v5 premade groups).

I might transfer over after I hit 70.....we will see how it goes.
BigJuicyHog
Cool, what level are you at now? What class?
Al Hata
I'm a lvl 50 orc hunter on the trollbane server, he's pretty damn cool. I guess it wouldn't matter if I came over to your server, since technically, we are at war.

FOR THE HORDE!!!!!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Dec 8 2007, 11:59 AM) [snapback]369056[/snapback]
I agree with Al Hata.

If you don't want to get dumped by your girlfriend, or divorced by your wife, or flunk in school, or drag ass at work, then stay away from World of Warcraft.

WoW is the devil.

Hey man... To keep the peace, I showed my wife how to play it. It took her almost 3hrs just to create a character. Something about, I dont like her dress. I dont like here hair do. I dont like the way the lipstick looks on this character. Oh my god... I was like, dammit just pick a character and play for cryin' out loud...
BigJuicyHog
I have tried to get my GF to play, but she will have none of it. Im thinking she doesnt want to play it, and like it and then she cant talk shit about me playing it anymore. Women always have to be right for some reason. My buddy has had success getting his GF to play and I know of a bunch of other couple that play as well.
BigJuicyHog
Bump...any new players? My Pally is up to 62 now.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Dec 31 2007, 07:45 PM) [snapback]373047[/snapback]
Bump...any new players? My Pally is up to 62 now.

Nice. Hunter is at 59.....60 is so close.
BigJuicyHog
You questing in outlands yet? I went from 58-60 in one sitting in the outlands. Once you get to 60 though, it is like 480K XP to get to 61. Im at 63 now and questing in Zangarmarsh. I always clear out all of the quests in a zone before I move on to the next one.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Jan 2 2008, 05:43 PM) [snapback]373268[/snapback]
You questing in outlands yet? I went from 58-60 in one sitting in the outlands. Once you get to 60 though, it is like 480K XP to get to 61. Im at 63 now and questing in Zangarmarsh. I always clear out all of the quests in a zone before I move on to the next one.

Yea , I got to the Outlands at 58. Im in Hellfire and the place is insane....first thing I learned when I got there was to avoid the fel reaver. LOL. But yea, the outlands is even better than the old world and I just started.
BigJuicyHog
I hated that fucking fel reaver....it still wakes my ass right up when I hear the steam whistle and the ground starts shaking. I didnt get hit by it on my last two characters, but my first one got it several times. I got my revenge by killing one for the Shattered Halls key quest. I was finishing up a quest the other day and mounted up, and as I was mounting up, I see the felreaver walk up and completly smash another player that was killing boars.
BigJuicyHog
How your hunter doing Hata? Got my pally to 66 now but been doing a ton of arena and shit on my other two 70s.
BGv2.0
Nobody will let me play with them....since I go all LEEROY JENKINS on every battle! lol
Al Hata

Im at 62 now........just waiting for some shit to sell so I can buy the epic mount. I refuse to go back to the outlands without that kind of speed, I get KOed off my mount all the time.

Last night, I kited fel reaver to thrallmar and the guards took him down. It was fucking sweet.
BigJuicyHog
Yeah kiting the felreaver to the main cities is alot of fun. He usually take out a ton of guards and NPCs. I love my pally because not only do i have my epic mount, but i have crusader aura which gives me plus 20 percent mounted speed.
BigJuicyHog
At 67 on my pally, but havent been playing him as much as Ive been getting some arena and PVP gear with my warrior....1500 plus attack power and 35 percent crit chance now. May try to get the pally to 68 tonight. What professions are you Al? I know most hunters seem to do Leatherworking/skinning as their first professions.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Jan 23 2008, 01:24 PM) [snapback]376128[/snapback]
What professions are you Al? I know most hunters seem to do Leatherworking/skinning as their first professions.

I'm at 64 now, its tough to lvl up when you get this deep into the game. I also do leathworking and skinning, it's definetly the way to go for hunters. I'll be able to make my own gear until in 70 and start pvping and raiding for the item sets.

What about you? I want to make a pally, but I'm thinking about a druid for my next character.
BigJuicyHog
Yeah, I raid with my warrior and warlock already as well as PVP so they have some sick gear. As far as starting a new character, Druids and Pallys are the most versatile. People will tell you ret pallys can DPS but that is total bullshit. Both classes also make excellent tanks (prot for pally and feral for druid). I think that the bread and butter of each class it their healing abilities. Druids have alot of HOTS (Heals Over Time) and are good raid healers. They are also by far the most annoying healing class in arenas due to the fact that they can hot their dps, shapeshift into cheeetah form and run away like a bitch. Pallys are more of a direct healing class and are very good on mana. It is also a huge advantage that they wear plate mail and dont get one shotted by things like Druids sometimes do (and Priests always do). The only thing that I would adivise is if you roll Horde again go for a Druid. Tauren look savage and the Blood Elves look like total homos. If you have any questions let me know.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Jan 23 2008, 02:18 PM) [snapback]376140[/snapback]
Tauren look savage and the Blood Elves look like total homos. If you have any questions let me know.

laugh.gif

Blood elfs are homos, I agree. I'll definetly keep you updated, and you do the same.

BigJuicyHog
Sometimes I wish that they had a paid option to switch factions....for example make my Dwarf warrior a Tauren and my human Warlock Undead.....it would kinda suck to make my Dranei into a blood elf pally though.
BigG
Ok I made up my mind...I'm getting into WOW!

A good friend of mine is addicted to this shit...so he showed me the game and it looked great...
BigG
laugh.gif At the southpark episdoe..make love not warcraft.

The whole point of the game is to collect money, and lvl up your character and test it against other people around the world? Sounds good...looks good....I'm getting it thumbsup_anim.gif
Bill The Butcher
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The World is coming to an end!

Just kidding. Biggeorge good luck. The game is fun, but also can be VERY addicting. If you're going to play it, learn to set it aside once in a while to do other things like school, work, girlfriends, hanging out, working out, etc etc etc. I played it for over a year when it first came out, and I couldn't really set it aside. I was way out of high school, but I was working in construction. Sometimes I would be getting like 2 hours a sleep a night. World of Warcraft was my life for a year. I had to give it up. Way too time consuming. You're right, the game has a lot of gathering weapons, armor, items, money, Player versus player, and Player versus environment. You start to realize, in order to keep up with your in-game friends, guild/group members, you will have to spend a ton of time either trying to get anywhere in the game or to keep up with everybody else. But don't get me wrong, it is a fun game. Probably the best online game I've ever played.

If you do get it, try to get through the first 20+ levels. You will be leveling up in areas where opposing factions can't attack you. But as soon as you get in the mid to late 20s, that's when the fun starts. While you are questing and leveling up in those areas, the opposing factions can attack you. That was my favorite part about the game, PvP (Player versus Player). There is also battleground zones that you can go to starting at level 10 to tinker around with the PvP, but just to warn you, high level people like to twink out (power up with the best weapons and armor for that level) low level characters at lvl 19, 29, 39, etc. and kick ass in the low level battlegrounds.
BigJuicyHog
To be honest everything Bill said is true. The game can be very addicting, but it is great fun. Im on the Scarlet Crusade server if you want to start a character there. I myself probably spend too much time playing is (not probably if you ask my GF), but I generally only play at night when my GF is sleeping and on specific raid nights (we are raiding Gruuls and Serpent Shrine Cavern).
There is so much you can do in the game, which is what makes it so fun. If you want to quest to gain xp you can. If you want to join groups and do dungeons you can. If you want to face other characters in PVP you can. If you want to work on your professions such as blacksmithing or leatherworking you can. You can even fish and cook! It is a great game, but you do have to remember to do stuff outside the game as well.

If you join my server, my main characters are Darraxus (70 warrior), Theladon (70 warlock), and Zurlock (68 Paladin). Also, I am Alliance side which means you can make a Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, or Dranei. Humans are self explanatory, Dwarves are like the ones from LoTR, Night Elves are tall purplish elves, Gnomes are short little shits, and Dranei are big blue demon like guys.

If you start a character on my server Ill help you out and give you some gold etc.

Class rundowns are as follows.

Warrior- mostly a high armor tank in end games, but can also be a very effective damage dealer (DPS) with either a massive two hander or duel wielding weapons. The are one of only two classes that can use plate armor and are very durable.

Warlock- Warlocks are damage dealing spell casters of darkness. Their damage is based on darkness (shadow) and they specialize in afflicting others with curses and such (damage over time). They can also summon demons such as the vodwalker (tank), Imp (throws fireballs), Succubus (melle DPS and can charm opponents so they can attack).

Paladin- Paladin is the other class that can wear plate armor. The are usually healers, but can also fill the tank roll and can DPS (Ret).

Druid- The Druid is a warrior attuned with nature. They have the ability to shapeshift into Bear, panther, and other forms. The three trees are Resto (healing), Balance (Spell DPS), and Feral (melee DPS and tank).

Mage- Large burst damage dealers, but very squishy. They also have the ability to turn opponents into sheep for short periods of time.

Rogue- double dagger wielding thief/assassin. Can only wear leather armor, but has a variety of stun moves, high damage attacks and bleed attacks as well as making their own poisons to put on their blades.

Hunter- Ranged damage dealer who uses gun/bows as well as training a beast to fight for them.

Shaman- Can DPS or heal in a number of way. Uses the forces of nature (namely lighting).

Priest- Can be a squishy healer or squishy damage dealer

Aloth to chose from.

BigJuicyHog
Level 69 now on my pally. Been slacking big time, mostly doing raiding with my warrior and warlock. My pally is only at 8 days played, so I have made very good time.
BigG
I'm actually gonna join a free private server with a friend whos gonna be helping me out...You have to PAY to play in the main server? Thats ridiculous...

BigJuicyHog
Private servers suck balls. There are very few people on them and cheating is rampant. To me, the monthly bill is well worth it. It saves me several hundred a month going to the bar.
Al Hata

I'm still at 66.....been slacking also....too much drinking on the weekend. I'll try to put in some solid work this week and hit 67.
BigJuicyHog
Ran Zulaman for the first time last night and killed the first boss. Still at 69 on my pally. Im just not motivated to do quests right now and I have rested XP all the way to 70.
Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Feb 5 2008, 09:22 AM) [snapback]377534[/snapback]
Private servers suck balls. There are very few people on them and cheating is rampant. To me, the monthly bill is well worth it. It saves me several hundred a month going to the bar.

I never played on any of those Private servers, but that's what I heard. They suck. Not that many people and cheating. If you are going to put your time into playing a game like World of Warcraft, might as well pay the monthly bill. It will save you money in the long run.
BigJuicyHog
Plus with Blizzard, you dont have to worry about them hacking your account. On a private server, the GM can just erase you if they feel like it on a whim. Really no order or policies.
BigJuicyHog
Well I got my Pally to 70. Been running a few instances here and there, but been mostly doing battlegrounds the last few days.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Feb 11 2008, 10:29 PM) [snapback]378199[/snapback]
Well I got my Pally to 70. Been running a few instances here and there, but been mostly doing battlegrounds the last few days.

Nice, congrats. I'm almost 69, but I have been stalling due to busting cats open in the Arathi Basin and Warsong Gultch.
BigJuicyHog
You are lucky you arent alliance or you would hate those two BGs. I win probably 10 percent of the time in those unless it is a premade. Always win in AV though. You saving up for the gladiator gear?
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Feb 12 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]378327[/snapback]
You are lucky you arent alliance or you would hate those two BGs. I win probably 10 percent of the time in those unless it is a premade. Always win in AV though. You saving up for the gladiator gear?

Yea, Im saving up for the gear. I'm going to make sure I get the marks needed for AB and WG, cuz at 70 I guess I have to take on only 70s. I would imagine I would need some epic gear right off the bat before I bang heads on that lvl.

And, I have to say, all the time I put in to lvling is worth it once you hit the high level BGs.
BigJuicyHog
With my first two 70s I have been doing arena for a while now so they have a good mix of season 1,2,and 3 Gladiator stuff. My Pally having just gotten there has shit for gear, but I plan on getting him the one handed healing mace this weekend so its a start. Every time I level a toon it takes a lot less time. My warrior took 16 days to get to 60, my Warlock took 12 days to get to 70 and my Pally took less than 8 and a half days to get to 70.
BigJuicyHog
Been doing mostly pvp to try and get my Pally some epics. Also, I got my epice flying mount this weekend. Well worth the gold.
Al Hata
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Feb 25 2008, 09:47 AM) [snapback]379968[/snapback]
Been doing mostly pvp to try and get my Pally some epics. Also, I got my epice flying mount this weekend. Well worth the gold.

I am also doin the pvp thing, trying to get the epic set. Should be done in a week or so, been busy. Epic flying mount is next. Im guessing once I hit 70, gold will be rather easy to get? I'v never felt rich in this game. I wonder if they have some sort of warcraft welfare program for us poor lvl 70s who cannot fly.

BigJuicyHog
There are alot of ways to make money in WoW. The most obvious i questing. They usually pay at least 11 or so gold at 70 and give you an item you can sell as well. I downloaded auctioneer and play the auction house from time to time and have made a few thousand like that. My paladin is also strictly a gatherer. He mines and herbs. With my new epic flier I have made about 300-400 gold in the l last few nights playing a limited amount of time. If you do all of your dailys every day that is at least an easy 100 gold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.