Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you think Silva/Jackson 3 will go down?
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
tonywithfighthype
This is in reference to Quanito's comments on the mainpage:
http://fighthype.com/pages/content1468.html

thehype
I think Quinton takes him this time...3rd time's the charm.

LOL

Seriously though, I'll have a better answer on December 30th, but at this point, I like Rampage this time around.
Warlord
I tend to lean to Silva by TKO again. However, like hype mentioned, I think we'll have a better answer after we see how long it takes for Silva to demolish Chuck Liddell. If it is's the old school 'Axe Murderer' we're used to, then you can start preparing a eulogy for Quinton.

And on a sidenote, I'd like to get our resident UFC nuthugger's opinion (you know who you are) on how it feels to see all of these former Pride fighters duking it out for UFC titles.
Bill The Butcher
Hey Warlord, I don't think it's fair to call me a UFC nuthugger wink.gif
tonywithfighthype
QUOTE(Warlord @ Dec 9 2007, 12:26 AM) [snapback]369409[/snapback]
I tend to lean to Silva by TKO again. However, like hype mentioned, I think we'll have a better answer after we see how long it takes for Silva to demolish Chuck Liddell. If it is's the old school 'Axe Murderer' we're used to, then you can start preparing a eulogy for Quinton.

And on a sidenote, I'd like to get our resident UFC nuthugger's opinion (you know who you are) on how it feels to see all of these former Pride fighters duking it out for UFC titles.

I agree with we should wait until the 30th. Silva has looked good in his training vids online, I just want to see how his gas tank is first.
Warlord
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Dec 10 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]369716[/snapback]
Hey Warlord, I don't think it's fair to call me a UFC nuthugger wink.gif

I wasn't referring to you, Bill. laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Why the hell is Liddell getting in there with Silva (a fight he will more than likely lose) when he's already lost his last 2 outings? I would think 3 in a row would be very difficult to bounce back from.

AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 22 2007, 03:48 PM) [snapback]371804[/snapback]
Why the hell is Liddell getting in there with Silva (a fight he will more than likely lose) when he's already lost his last 2 outings? I would think 3 in a row would be very difficult to bounce back from.

I thought they were both coming off back to back losses? And that this fight was signing someones retirement papers

I really hope chuck has learned his lesson, and rounds out his game with more leg kicks

As for pride vs ufc, i would prefer to see them merge the rules, and allow kicking on the ground and elbows etc..
Warlord
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 22 2007, 06:32 PM) [snapback]371887[/snapback]
I thought they were both coming off back to back losses? And that this fight was signing someones retirement papers

I really hope chuck has learned his lesson, and rounds out his game with more leg kicks

As for pride vs ufc, i would prefer to see them merge the rules, and allow kicking on the ground and elbows etc..

Chuck can't round out his game with more legs kicks, because he's too old now and doesn't have the discipline or conditioning that it takes to add something like that to his arsenal. Chuck can't even refine the style he uses now, coming all in with huge ass bolo punches and shit.

As for allowing kicks on the ground, I agree. I'd especially love to see soccer kicks allowed, but it's never gonna happen because the UFC is stuck up the national commission's ass, trying too hard to look "civilized."
Bill The Butcher
Personally I think "Soccer Kicks" are lame. I'm kind of glad the UFC doesn't allow them. That something you do in a "street fight." It seems like it doesn't take a whole lot of skill to boot someone in the face while they are down on the ground. These guys are athletes that are skilled in Wrestling, Ju Jitsu (spelling?), Sambo, etc. Let them work a little bit on the ground or stand them back up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.