Full Version: Best hands in MMA
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
tonywithfighthype
Who would you give it to?
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(tonywithfighthype @ Dec 7 2007, 10:26 AM) [snapback]368888[/snapback]
Who would you give it to?

The ref.....hahaha.

Nah, supposedly Chuck has the best hands.

I don't really follow MMA too deeply, so can't really comment, but thats what I hear.
BrutalBodyShots
Best hands in terms of power or best hands in terms of speed?

pastor method
when considering power/speed/accuracy/boxing skill combined...

din thomas, spencer fisher, sam stout, yves edwards, mark hominick, mike swick, georges st. pierre, marcus davis, chris lytle, jens pulver, bj penn, andrei arlovski, chuck liddell, quintin jackson, and even randy couture (whose boxing is vastly underrated) come to mind.

but anderson silva has the best hands in mma, in my opinion.
Warlord
If you mean best hands in terms of just punching power, I'd probably say someone like Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Takanori Gomi, or Chris Leben.

If you mean best hands as in the overall package (power, skill, speed, etc...) I'd say it's a toss up between guys like Andrei Arlovski, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (best boxing skills by far), George St. Pierre, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, and several others, though Anderson Silva right now is looking like the badass Chute Boxe always claimed he was back in Pride.

laugh.gif @ Chuck Liddell and BJ Penn.
ElectricTwinkie
Maybe he means the best-looking hands in mma.

I don't know: they all wear gloves. If this were the original "wild-west" days of UFC, then Royce Gracie had the prettiest (and prety hairy) hands.
pastor method
why lol at chuck and bj? chuck has bricks for hands and has more one punch ko's against top level opposition than anyone in the sport. he has good counter punching and accuracy. he can knock guys out while going backwards. it looks ugly when he does it but hands like chuck's are a rarity.

and bj penn's hands are fast and powerful. he's explosive and accurate, even if he doesn't use his hands as much as his awesome grappling. see penn's knockout of caol uno or the way he boxed pretty well with gsp before gassing.

chuck is now beyond his prime and i think perhaps bj is too (although maybe we'll see a resurgence at lightweight), the fact that they're past their best is the only thing that discredits their boxing or punching abilities.
tonywithfighthype
QUOTE(Warlord @ Dec 9 2007, 12:36 AM) [snapback]369412[/snapback]
If you mean best hands in terms of just punching power, I'd probably say someone like Wanderlei Silva, Dan Henderson, Takanori Gomi, or Chris Leben.

If you mean best hands as in the overall package (power, skill, speed, etc...) I'd say it's a toss up between guys like Andrei Arlovski, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (best boxing skills by far), George St. Pierre, Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera, and several others, though Anderson Silva right now is looking like the badass Chute Boxe always claimed he was back in Pride.

laugh.gif @ Chuck Liddell and BJ Penn.

I meant in terms of overall package. Arlovski is a good one however he uses a lot of inside leg kicks to setup his right hand. Quinton has very good hands and we should seem them improve everytime now as he is working with Quanito.

BJ Penn has actually been boxing for maybe 10 years now. His hands are good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.