Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan KO's Earl in 1
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Amir Khan looked genuinely impressive as he destroyed Graham Earl in the first round. Time was 1.12. Amir's speed, accuracy and power were simply too much for Earl, who in his last fight had given Micheal Katsidis a trully fantastic fight. Khan floored Earl and then went in to finish him with a barrage of pin point punches, forcing the ref to jump in and stop it.

Khan best performance to date by a mile.
Spreadking3rd
I think Earl was a lightweight, where as Khan has always been 140 pounds. It's still impressive and he couldn't do much better. A+ performance.
BigG
I saw the fight on youtube...Impressive stuff from Khan. He looked way bigger then Earl.
ROLL DEEP
Earl was agressive, but Khan showed composure, good speed and SUPERB accuarcey.

Great performance.
Spreadking3rd
Seems like whenever Khan has tried to put the hurt on his opponents....his opponents have gone down.
The kids has very good power, fast hands.

He's like a Malignaggi, but with knockout power.

I say he rules the division in 3 to 4 years.
He shouldn't rush it.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Spreadking3rd @ Dec 12 2007, 11:26 AM) [snapback]370124[/snapback]
Seems like whenever Khan has tried to put the hurt on his opponents....his opponents have gone down.
The kids has very good power, fast hands.

He's like a Malignaggi, but with knockout power.

I say he rules the division in 3 to 4 years.
He shouldn't rush it.

Yeah, people are already slagging him off for fighting 'stiffs'.

The kids only 21 and got years and years ahead of him. I hope he takes his time, his team don't rush him and he gradually ups the opposition.

Be nice for him to fight a little more often though.
Maxy
To be honest that was the first time I've been impressed by Khan. I still think he's got a dodgy chin so he'll need to work on his defence if he's going to progress.

I don't think there's any doubt that Frank Warren will try to move him on slowly. If Amir had his way he'd be boxing for the world title in his next fight.
and the NEW
No doubt, best young talent in boxing today!

As an amateur, I could already see he was something special in the making!

Chin is the biggest test, but hey, people were saying this about Cotto throughout his entire career, and he has taken the best from both Mosley and Zab!

I would bank on Kahn being a superstar in a few years time!
kidbazooka1
They said that was supposed to be Khans biggest test yet Earl looked like a can to me.

In my opinion too soo to tell if Khan is gonna be something special or just another hyped up english boy.
The Ring Dictator
Khan is definitely a special kid. As already stated by others... I really hope that his entourage of people, with different agendas, don't rush his career looking for the big bucks. Only then, we will be able to see his full potential. I still think he needs time transcending into the mind of a prize fighter; further distancing himself from the amatuer days, letting his body mature into a man.

There's a naivete about his defense which is rather common with fighters that possess great speed. A less impressed, poised fighter, would punish him without mercy at this point. Hard work and experience needed. His chin? is propably what worries me the most. Even though Khan was very quick to recover, someone as mediocre as Willie Limond (28 win 8 KO:s) were able to drop him. Not a good sign.
Maxy
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 13 2007, 02:25 AM) [snapback]370296[/snapback]
No doubt, best young talent in boxing today!

As an amateur, I could already see he was something special in the making!

Chin is the biggest test, but hey, people were saying this about Cotto throughout his entire career, and he has taken the best from both Mosley and Zab!

I would bank on Kahn being a superstar in a few years time!

I can't agree with this at all. Not for a second. Have you seen the Willie Limond fight? Khan was hurt by a feather fisted guy....he was properly shook up. There are serious serious questions regarding Khan's chin. Yeah, he does look good....and he looked good in the amateurs also but to become a superstar in the sport you need to be able to take punches from guys who hit a lot harder than the Willie Limond's of this world.

His chin will be the end of him.
and the NEW
Absolutely, his chin may be the end of him.

But wasnt Mundine KOs by Ottke? WTF, who has Ottke even knocked out?

Chins are weird things. I also beleive Roy was KTFO in the amateurs, yet, it lasted him a long time as a professional.

No doubt Kahn will probably be stopped in his career, but he has the tools and potential to beat most top fighters!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 14 2007, 12:28 AM) [snapback]370416[/snapback]
I also beleive Roy was KTFO in the amateurs, yet, it lasted him a long time as a professional.

No RJJ always hid it well. He always had a shit chin.
BigG
RJJ was barely touched his entire career. Just shows you how great of a fighter he was.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 14 2007, 03:09 AM) [snapback]370437[/snapback]
RJJ was barely touched his entire career. Just shows you how great of a fighter he was.

Or how many bums he fought. He fought a few live fighters if by live you mean green/fat/old.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 13 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]370441[/snapback]
Or how many bums he fought. He fought a few live fighters if by live you mean green/fat/old.

I was thinking the same thing.
ROLL DEEP
Roy Jones was awesome! Leave him alone aggressive.gif

Khan obviously has a suspect chin....but its something that might improve as he matures. If not, he better have the fitness to make sure his reflexes and speed can keep him out of trouble for 12 rounds.
The Ring Dictator
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 13 2007, 09:04 PM) [snapback]370371[/snapback]
I can't agree with this at all. Not for a second. Have you seen the Willie Limond fight? Khan was hurt by a feather fisted guy....he was properly shook up. There are serious serious questions regarding Khan's chin. Yeah, he does look good....and he looked good in the amateurs also but to become a superstar in the sport you need to be able to take punches from guys who hit a lot harder than the Willie Limond's of this world.

His chin will be the end of him.

Like I wrote one post above yours: His chin IS a major concern, but his ability to absorb punches can still improve once he leave that "teenage-look" behind him. Khan only turned 21 a couple of days ago. He can't change his jaw... but have you seen the guys neck? Absolutely ridiculous. His best friend in the coming years should be the head harness. He should sleep with that thing on.

I find it shocking how many boxers seem to forget/(ignore) to use the "neck sling" in their training. Being in this business, knowing the risks with hits to the head, it can be a life insurance for christ sake. One would think that it would be in every boxers best interest to increase the neck muscularity to prevent their brain from shaking. Guess not? thumbsdown_anim.gif

After the Willie Limond-fight, Frank Warren said Khan would have to wait another 5 years or so before taking part of a mega-fight. I hope he stick to those words (even though I strongly doubt it). 25-26 would be a good age to test what Khan is really made of...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.