Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tonight's UNDERCARD BOUTS Round By Round/Postfight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
HELLO FIGHT HYPERS!!!

FOLLOW ALL OF TONIGHT'S ROUND BY ROUND UNDERCARD ACTION BEGINNING TONIGHT AT 8:00 PM CST ON PPV! ALSO BE SURE TO LINK TO OUR HOMEPAGE FOR UP TO THE MINUTE ROUND BY ROUND COMMENTARY AND RESULTS!

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/roundbyround1477.html

The main feature for the undercard bouts will be the return of former world champion Jeff Lacy against "The Contender's" Peter Manfredo.

Post all undercard round by round results in this thread only.

Jack

Administrator
JD
Edner Cherry's trunks are at his fucking chest.
BigG
laugh.gif They are almost touching his nipples.

dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2007, 09:22 PM) [snapback]369149[/snapback]
laugh.gif They are almost touching his nipples.

That is the most interesting thing about this fight. Boring!
BigG
I happen o think it's pretty good. This is my first time seeing Wes fight and I'm impressed.
The CEO
laugh.gif

Oh yeah...I've allowed my wife to hang with me on the terms she would disregard my behavior and let me be...she enjoys combat sports, but I'm on another level tonight and in the zone...she's never seen me like this, and I didn't want to scare her...lol...but I knew it was gonna be all good when she said, "that Cherry is wearing his shorts like a grandpa."
BigG
Damn Wes got fucked up
The CEO
and the grandpa knocks him out with a left hook...head bouncing off the canvas and all that..
dbdbdb
I don't know bout that career move to put ferguson back in there with someone who beat him convincingly the first time. Now totally wastes him the second go around.
salvador
I've always liked Cherry. He's an honest fighter with B+ level skills like Mickey Ward. Ward-Cherry would have been worth watching.
BigG
Yeah.....Too bad..Wes was doing good though I thought he was up 3-2 at the time of the KO...
estnbklyn
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2007, 09:42 PM) [snapback]369159[/snapback]
Yeah.....Too bad..Wes was doing good though I thought he was up 3-2 at the time of the KO...

did the mayweather fight start yet
Southeastpaw
I have a feeling DeLeon is enroute to a schoolage and possibly getting himself KOed in this bout.
BigG
Escobedo fought good in round 1 but it seems like DeLoen is getting to him.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 8 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]369161[/snapback]
I have a feeling DeLeon is enroute to a schoolage and possibly getting himself KOed in this bout.

Maybe not. dntknw.gif
BigG
The Floyd-Hatton fight is starting a litle later...we still have Lacy-Manfredo.
salvador
Nah, De Leon's gonna land something big. It's just a matter of time.
BigG
DeLeon is a fuckin caveman...but the man has crazy strenght.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2007, 10:59 PM) [snapback]369166[/snapback]

and what on earth could possibly be better than that?
The CEO
Escobedo may be looking for a way out or a DQ win...ducking down way to much....
BigG
I'm sorry, I prefer clean looking boxers to guys like Darchinyan and DeLeon. Thats just my opinion.
BrutalBodyShots
LOL Merchant says that so far the night hasn't gone well for the pure boxer (as opposed to the come forward slugger)...

Lampley says "Well, Matthew Hatton won and he's a pure boxer."

Merchant replies with, "I don't count anything before we come on the air."

LMAO.

dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2007, 09:59 PM) [snapback]369166[/snapback]

Its like watching a little Mayorga in there with Deleon. To quote Lampley, "Blades Of the helicopter".
BigG
I'm not keeping a score but it seems like De Leon is on his way to a close decision...
salvador
One thing that's really starting to irritate me is that we have to stay up until after midnight to see a boxing match. Boxing is obviously a drinkers' sport and the West Coast has to be given time to get juiced before the main event, but would it really kill anyone to insist that main events start at no later than 11PM East Coast Time?
BigG
DeLeon skillwise is crap man... he looked like shit in he late rounds throwing all those wild ass punches. But he is very strong.
The CEO
Yeah...he's not that good...nothing special. Just a lot of strength....
BigG
If Penalosa and De Leon every fight again it will be interesting....De Leon strenght happens to be too much for alot of guys. he guy's defense and technique is garbage. But that man throws every punch with bad intentions.
BigG
I think Manfredo took round 1....
Boxingjunkie
That was incredibly boring. WOW I cant believe I stayed awake through that bore. Lets hope Lacy and Manfredy can liven me back up. Doubt it though. Bring on Hatton and Mayweather!!
Jack 1000
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 8 2007, 09:30 PM) [snapback]369179[/snapback]
One thing that's really starting to irritate me is that we have to stay up until after midnight to see a boxing match. Boxing is obviously a drinkers' sport and the West Coast has to be given time to get juiced before the main event, but would it really kill anyone to insist that main events start at no later than 11PM East Coast Time?

This is an excellent point Salvador,

What's even worse is let's say that there are 3 nothing prelims on a PPV for $50. I am speaking hypothetically. But why is it that these main event guys are contractually obligated where they can not even enter the ring before a certain time? That's bad enough. Going beyond that, what bothers fans is how the PPV producers fill time. If you have a prelim card that goes:

KO 3

KO 1

KO 2

Fans have to wait for an extra hour to 90 minutes to listen to some prefight hype stuff. A visit to each fighter's Aunt, Uncle, and Grandmother's house, 20 minutes of Kellerman promoting Ring Magazine, another 20 minutes of Merchant talking about nothing. Than we still have to get through the national anthems, home movies, and light shows of BOTH combatants before the main event even begins. What they should do, is throw some old classic fights on that have run on the network to maintain interest. Shit. HBO and Showtime have hundreds to thousands of fights that they could show that have never seen the light of day since their original airing. At least this gives the fans some compensation if the undercards suck.

Either that, or reduce the pomp and circumstance leading up to the main event by a half hour. It really could help future promotions.

Jack
BigG
Manfredo won round 2...
Southeastpaw
I wish I woulda put some $ on Manfredo. What were the odds on this one.

Manfredo is doing an excellent job of not letting Lacy get set.
BigG
Lacy more actvie in round 3 but overall I think Manfredo took it. He is more skilled but he should not stay inside with lacy. I saw Lacy throw a big left hook to the body.
BigG
Manfredo down in round 4...he needs to box.
dbdbdb
Lacy is still looping when he gets inside ...... Bad technique. Manfredo is putting a pretty good performance together, Even after the knock-down, he came back and fought toe-to-toe with lacy.

Still if lacy takes his time, he can finish this guy by round 11.
BigG
I think Manfredo is winning...but lacy took 7 and 4 was 10-8 for Lacy.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 8 2007, 11:12 PM) [snapback]369194[/snapback]
I think Manfredo is winning...but lacy took 7 and 4 was 10-8 for Lacy.

Manfredo is besting lacy with the cleanest punches ... but it seems like if he has a choice he would rather NOT mix it up with Lacy.
BigG
Manfredo is just fighting inside....He was beating Lacy when he boxed.
BigG
SHould be a close fight on the cards...pretty good fight.
BigG
Lacy wins a UD....

ITS ON!!!!!!
Southeastpaw
I think Manfredo shoulda won it. He definitely showed me that he can beat Lacy decisively if he were to stick to a game plan.
dbdbdb
Why was that a 10 rounder??

Good fight and test for the comeback Lacy. Manfredo should walk away with his head up high, because if it wasn't for the knock-down .... he would have won.

Lacy should develop a jab and stop walking in with nothing to offer. So his comeback will be short lived if he doesn find a JAB somewhere. And he still needs to up his defensive game.

Still looks like the same lacy that J. CalSlappy beat-up.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea it was a decent undercard. Edner Cherry came through when he was losing the fight. He's beaten Ferguson twice in a row now on TV, and that's good exposure. Ponce De Leon did what he usually does in there. He won with his strength, but was outboxed throughout that fight at times. I had it 115-113, and the last four rounds were pretty boring. I also thought Manfredo-Lacy was a pretty boring fight as well. I though Manfredo won the first three rounds, but got away from what he was doing. He wasn't active enough, but Lacy didn't do all that much either. It was a close fight that could of went either way.
Kyle
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 8 2007, 11:29 PM) [snapback]369201[/snapback]
Why was that a 10 rounder??

Yeah really. Should have been an 8 rounder.

Lil-lightsout
Terrible undercard! Only good part was Cherry's beautiful lefthook for the KO. Ponce sucks and so did his opponent, boring fight! Lacy-Manfredo seemed to be a great match-up, but also was a snoozer. Jeff definately won, but he looked awful in there. I know he had a long layoff and stuff, but he went from one of my favorite fighters to becoming mediocre in there. IMO he needs a new trainer right now, because his last three fights have been terrible. I always thought he would be back after the Cals loss, but maybe he is not as good as I thought he was. He is going nowhere if he does not make a change. I sure do miss Don King PPV's. Who ever would have thought Floyd would have saved the show, of course with the help of Hatton?
BigG
I dont think Jeff is the same fighter he was when he first won the title......He has slightly declined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.