Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather VS Cotto
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
xxxxxx
It's early to start talking about this fight, but I think it's safe to say this is the fight to make at Welterweight.I know Mayweather wants a break and he deserves it, but now is the time to make these fights when he's still at peak level.If these two superstars fought it could unify the WBC,WBA & RING Titles which would be something neither man has done.Also, Mayweather wouldn't have to work with Golden Boy on this one either.He could get back at Arum for all the negative things he has said about Floyd.Personally, I think Floyd should take this fight in 2008.It would advance his Legacy even further and it's a fight he can win and look good.Cotto has improved, but so has Mayweather over the years.I think Mayweathers defense and skills would take him to a decision victory.Cotto can be hit often if the right gameplan is put in place.I believe Mayweather is still very quick and has the experience advantage over Cotto.This fight would sell and possibly be an instant classic.
BigG
Hmmm...Cotto will give Floyd fits. Why? Because Cotto is an animal. He is a better boxer then Hatton for sure (I mean, CERTAINLY more polished), he has really heavy hands, he is a brutal body puncher. Floyd might be too good for everyone (seriously, who beats him) but if Cotto got Floyd against the ropes, I think he punishes the body. But Floyd would probably win in the end, but Cotto would hand him the worst beating of his career.

I mean, as tough as Ricky is, the guy just has little to no defense at times. Collazo couldnt miss him hooks and Floyd couldnt as well. Cotto applies steady pressure, attacks the body brutally. I think this is Mayweatehrs toguhest fight.
ROLL DEEP
This is the only fight I want to see Floyd in.

I think PBF wins. As good as Cotto is, Mayweather is on another level. Cotto has good offensive skills, does everything well, but Floyds speed, footwork and defence will make sure he pot shots his way to a victory.

He'll probably manage to catch Cotto with a few blistering combo's and end up winning on points.

Cotto won't bull forward in the same manner Hatton did, but be more controlled and will cover up better, but Floyd will still find his range, find his target and win.
Snoop
Cotto will give Mayweather his hardest fight to date but will still come up short IMO.
Douchebag
I think Cotto can beat him. In a fight against Mayweather Cotto biggest advantage would be his size. We have already seen that mayweather will let his opponents put him in a corner and if he does that against Cotto he will get punished. I know that he fougnt Oscar and that was his gameplan but Cotto is a different animal all-together. Cotto can apply slow steady pressure and has the size and strength to control Floyd when he has him against the ropes. Cotto also has the skill to change his gameplan up enough to keep Mayweather guessing. I think Cotto would win buy Split decision.
salvador
Cotto doesn't have the footwork to get inside. Floyd would pick him off with straight rights and jabs all night like he did with Hatton.

There are only two guys at ww who could give Floyd a run for his money: Williams and Margarito.
BigG
I think Margarito is really too slow for Floyd....Cotto has quicker hands then Marg.
moscow bear
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 11:50 AM) [snapback]369425[/snapback]
Hmmm...Cotto will give Floyd fits. Why? Because Cotto is an animal. He is a better boxer then Hatton for sure (I mean, CERTAINLY more polished), he has really heavy hands, he is a brutal body puncher. Floyd might be too good for everyone (seriously, who beats him) but if Cotto got Floyd against the ropes, I think he punishes the body. But Floyd would probably win in the end, but Cotto would hand him the worst beating of his career.

I mean, as tough as Ricky is, the guy just has little to no defense at times. Collazo couldnt miss him hooks and Floyd couldnt as well. Cotto applies steady pressure, attacks the body brutally. I think this is Mayweatehrs toguhest fight.

WTF.... 2 weeks ago you went on record saying that Cotto would walk through BOTH Floyd and Hatton.
BigG
Can you please show me the post? I honestly dont ever renenver saying Cotto would walk right through Floyd and beat him..however I did say that he would give Floyd HELL in the COtto-Mosley thread. I said that sooner or later the pressure would get to Floyd and would really bother him and I still stand by that prediction. However I can see Floyd taking it...like he did in the 2nd Castillo fight. Tough but clear. Wouldn't rule out a Cotto win.

But did Floyd really looked sharp and impressive against Ricky and you might have to give him the edge for Cotto...he probably would outbox him in enough rounds...thats the best fight in boxing.
salvador
Yeah, but Margarito is 4 inches taller than Cotto and has a 5" reach advantage over Cotto and throws more punches than Cotto. Cotto is only 5'7" and I really don't think any fighter smaller than Floyd could beat him. Floyd had no trouble catching Hatton and he wouldn't have any problems catching Cotto. Margarito is probably too slow for Floyd, but I'd give him a better shot than I would Cotto.
BigG
Williams is a guy I think Floyd would have fits with.....just because Williams is a physical freak with pretty quick hands. And it doesn't matter if Margarito "throws more punches". He throws more punches, he gets countered more.

And not to diss Ricky..he's a hell of a fighter... but I think all the top dogs at 147 would have handled him...
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:12 AM) [snapback]369469[/snapback]
Williams is a guy I think Floyd would have fits with.....just because Williams is a physical freak with pretty quick hands. And it doesn't matter if Margarito "throws more punches". He throws more punches, he gets countered more.

And not to diss Ricky but I think all the top dogs at 147 would have handled him...

I totally agree that Hatton would have been ko'd by all the big names at 147 and he will be going back to 140, where I'd love to see him fight Judah.

As far as Margarito's chances vs Cotto's chances, it's just impossible for me to see Floyd losing to a shorter, slower guy with shorter arms. At least Margarito has the size advantage and a great chin to withstand the counters. And the point about him throwing so many punches is that it just increases the chances that something would land. Anyway, Floyd ain't fighting Margarito or Williams so it's really just wasted breath - and I don't say that to take anything away from Floyd. Last night he was spectacular even if Hatton was too slow and too small for him.

BigG
I really believe Mayweather will fight Cotto and call it a career...that fights makes the most sense...with Cotto being a superstar right now..coming off two HUGE victories.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:23 AM) [snapback]369471[/snapback]
I really believe Mayweather will fight Cotto and call it a career...that fights makes the most sense...with Cotto being a superstar right now..coming off two HUGE victories.

The only thing that would keep that from happening is if DLH decides to move to 147 to fight Cotto, which is the most logical move for both DLH and Cotto.
BigG
I think Floyd doesn't have any interest in fighting Williams or Marg. High risk, low rewards. Floyd just wants those big PPV fights...and Cotto is a big PPV fight. And honestly, fighting Cotto actually does more for his legacy since Cotto is considered a P4Per.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:37 AM) [snapback]369475[/snapback]
I think Floyd doesn't have any interest in fighting Williams or Marg. High risk, low rewards. Floyd just wants those big PPV fights...and Cotto is a big PPV fight.

Yeah, but if Cotto wants an easier fight for more money he'll fight DLH. And now that Hatton's gone, DLH doesn't have any better options in terms of risk/reward. I don't think Floyd has a choice in this matter.
BigG
IF thats the case then Floyd retires.
JD
Mayweather beats Cotto and does so easier than he did Hatton in my opinion.

Cotto cannot close the distance like Hatton can, and though whatever Cotto lands will do a lot more damage - he won't land, and he will get hurt. Williams or Margarito are better fights because of their workrate, size and stamina...Williams presents more problems with his reach, height, and boxing ability; Margarito presents more problems with aggression, power and physicality.

Skillwise, Cotto is better than Williams or Margarito...but I think the size factor will come into play bigtime. I hope I am wrong, and know I will be pysched if Floyd does fight him, but I have my concerns.
Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 9 2007, 09:53 AM) [snapback]369485[/snapback]
Mayweather beats Cotto and does so easier than he did Hatton in my opinion.

Cotto cannot close the distance like Hatton can, and though whatever Cotto lands will do a lot more damage - he won't land, and he will get hurt. Williams or Margarito are better fights because of their workrate, size and stamina...Williams presents more problems with his reach, height, and boxing ability; Margarito presents more problems with aggression, power and physicality.

Skillwise, Cotto is better than Williams or Margarito...but I think the size factor will come into play bigtime. I hope I am wrong, and know I will be pysched if Floyd does fight him, but I have my concerns.

Cotto will be more effective closing the distance than Hatton because he will do it behind his underated Jab....Again!!!!!
BigG
Article from boxingscene

After Floyd Mayweather Jr. overcame a game Ricky Hatton and stopped him in the tenth round of their championship bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, "Money" Mayweather announced that he was going to take a long vacation from the sport. Mayweather, who admits he's become bored with boxing, is planning to focus on building his promotional company. He wants to step away from boxing for as long as two-years.

WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who sat ringside at the MGM Grand, was not pleased with Mayweather's decision to step away from the sport. Cotto is under the impression that Mayweather is intentionally avoiding a fight with him.

"He has had great victories, but when you talk about Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather, he always comes up with excuses -- I'm not the opponent for him, I'm not ready for him," Cotto said to the Grand Rapids Press. "I earned all I have now. I worked for that. Over the next year, year and a half, I can take the big names. At 147 pounds, the welterweight division, to me, it's the hottest division in boxing today. Margarito, Mayweather, Hatton, Kermit Cintron, Paul Williams and me. It could be three years of great boxing. I just want the big fights, the big names, the real fights. I wish the rest of the opponents want the same."
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]369487[/snapback]
Article from boxingscene
After Floyd Mayweather Jr. overcame a game Ricky Hatton and stopped him in the tenth round of their championship bout at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, "Money" Mayweather announced that he was going to take a long vacation from the sport. Mayweather, who admits he's become bored with boxing, is planning to focus on building his promotional company. He wants to step away from boxing for as long as two-years.

WBA welterweight champion Miguel Cotto, who sat ringside at the MGM Grand, was not pleased with Mayweather's decision to step away from the sport. Cotto is under the impression that Mayweather is intentionally avoiding a fight with him.

"He has had great victories, but when you talk about Miguel Cotto and Floyd Mayweather, he always comes up with excuses -- I'm not the opponent for him, I'm not ready for him," Cotto said to the Grand Rapids Press. "I earned all I have now. I worked for that. Over the next year, year and a half, I can take the big names. At 147 pounds, the welterweight division, to me, it's the hottest division in boxing today. Margarito, Mayweather, Hatton, Kermit Cintron, Paul Williams and me. It could be three years of great boxing. I just want the big fights, the big names, the real fights. I wish the rest of the opponents want the same."

Yeah...it sucks for Cotto and the fans, but moreso Cotto. The dude beat who he was asked to at 140, moved up to 147 and got better than he was because of the additional weight. He beat the guys he was asked to there, and did so in exciting fashion against good opponents, now he is basically being told "All that work, and you will not get the fight that you want".

That is unfortunate, and knowing Cotto's mentality, he will end up fighting Williams or Margarito which inevitably is good for us.
JD
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 9 2007, 10:02 AM) [snapback]369486[/snapback]
Cotto will be more effective closing the distance than Hatton because he will do it behind his underated Jab....Again!!!!!

Cotto has a terrific jab - it was the punch I expected to be most important against Mosley. While Cotto will try to close the distance with his jab, he will have a hard time because his feet are not as quick as Hattons - and Mayweather does not have the same fighting spirit as Mosley. He will potshot and move all night if he has to, whereas Mosley was willing to trade because that is who he is.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 11:02 AM) [snapback]369487[/snapback]
Over the next year, year and a half, I can take the big names. At 147 pounds, the welterweight division, to me, it's the hottest division in boxing today. Margarito, Mayweather, Hatton, Kermit Cintron, Paul Williams and me. It could be three years of great boxing. I just want the big fights, the big names, the real fights. I wish the rest of the opponents want the same."

Which is another way of saying that he wants DLH, Hatton, Cintron, and Margarito if and only if Margarito gets a big win. Cotto, at 5'7" with a 67" reach, wants absolutely no part of Williams and would only fight Floyd if Hatton and DLH aren't available. It's all about risk/reward.
neophyte7
BE PATIENT COTTO and hope that your face fighting ass doesn't lose before Flod rips your head off... Floyd will TKO Cotto who will be suprised at how hard Floyd can crack with that left hook.

So what now people... Floyd brutally beats down a guy that was said to give him his toughest bout. From what I saw, Hatton was totally ineffective. Haters say what you want. PBF can slug and box- he is the best in the sport hands down
Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 9 2007, 10:09 AM) [snapback]369490[/snapback]
Cotto has a terrific jab - it was the punch I expected to be most important against Mosley. While Cotto will try to close the distance with his jab, he will have a hard time because his feet are not as quick as Hattons - and Mayweather does not have the same fighting spirit as Mosley. He will potshot and move all night if he has to, whereas Mosley was willing to trade because that is who he is.

I think that your confusing Cotto's gameplan with what Hatton tried to do last night. Cotto has about the same foot speed that De La Hoya and and Oscar was able to close the distance just fine. Now you can say that Oscar was able to do it because of his size and reach but I think Cotto is skilled to enoughed and throws his punches with enough conviction to make up for that discrepancy.
salvador
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 9 2007, 11:38 AM) [snapback]369498[/snapback]
I think that your confusing Cotto's gameplan with what Hatton tried to do last night. Cotto has about the same foot speed that De La Hoya and and Oscar was able to close the distance just fine. Now you can say that Oscar was able to do it because of his size and reach but I think Cotto is skilled to enoughed and throws his punches with enough conviction to make up for that discrepancy.

Ricky doesn't have a jab like Cotto. And the only reason Oscar was able to close the gap was his jab. And Cotto definitely does not have the same footspeed as DLH.

Cotto's jab is the only way he could possibly get inside with Floyd, but Floyd's too fast and too accurate to allow it.
imperial
Cotto has the patience to make this a very competitve fight ..I personally want to see it becuase it would be skill against skill ..But nobody is beating Floyd in the center of the ring ..As much love as I have for Cotto I can't see him beating Floyd ..
JD
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 9 2007, 10:38 AM) [snapback]369498[/snapback]

What Sal said.

Basically, Floyd is not going to initiate...and Cotto cannot fight him on the outside, so he has to close the distance. Only way to do that is behind a jab, and with footspeed - he does not have the footspeed, and Floyd is not going to wait for the combination that follows the jab. As soon as Cotto presses behind the jab, Floyd will move to the side and potshot.
Jack 1000
Mayweather by decision or late stoppage,

Cotto is a more accurate puncher than Hatton and would be similar to Castillo in that regard. BUT like I said, he gets hit a little too often and cleanly. Cotto could win some rounds early with accurate punching. BUT once Mayweather found "the zone" by staying outside or perhaps even going inside and out-speeding Cotto at his own game, Floyd would put rounds in the bank. Once Floyd took Cotto out of whatever worked for him in the early rounds, I don't think Cotto could get back in the comfort zone. I thought Mosley beat Cotto, and Shane is past his prime. Now picture a prime Mosley against Cotto. That's Mayweather.

Jack
SpitShineTommy
DAAAM....I m still pissed Ricky got beat down by pbf.....fck it.....and yea I guess its Cotto's turn ......I can already see this beaing another "HUUGE" fight...countdown 24/7, all the Rican fans and Floyd's flashy self---ish azz....prob. do it in like NY or something, I hope Cotto can do what nobody else has been able to yet...its gonna take a brutal punch from Cotto and he could pull it off

What about PAUL WILLIAMS ???? he might actually have the best chance...but still needs a lil more rounds under his belt , is he ready to take out "Money" ???

xxxxxx
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:57 AM) [snapback]369463[/snapback]
I think Margarito is really too slow for Floyd....Cotto has quicker hands then Marg.

Styles make fights and I must say that Mayweather beats Margarito easier than Cotto, but Margarito could possibly beat Cotto.I think Margarito is a tough customer and Mayweather would have to fight him like he did Baldmomir to win the fight.
Jack 1000
What about PAUL WILLIAMS ???? he might actually have the best chance...but still needs a lil more rounds under his belt , is he ready to take out "Money" ???

Agreed,

Williams has the style to trouble Floyd. Maybe the ONLY fighter who can trouble Floyd. But Paul is only known to hard-core boxing fans and not to the general public. Mayweather-Williams would be a high risk fight with low pay. Floyd needs a big name banger or money maker opponent to bring out the potential for an exciting fight. (Mayweather-Williams would be boring because of styles.) If Floyd wants to keep fighting, he should fight Cotto. It makes the most dollars and sense.

Jack
WolfishPromistah
If I were Floyd, I'd probably take just two more fights, if not one -- Cotto then Williams. That's it. Cotto is like a monkey that's been on his back because of the way people want two p4pers going for it, feeling Cotto is the most likely one with the chance to beat him in 147 pound range; while Williams, who is up and coming and did in fact conquer Margarito, like Cotto beat Mosely, strictly for sake of legacy on that note. I mean, since both those guys beat the others, it'd be like the ones who've proven themselves best of the bunch fighting anyway. And Floyd can truly end his career on a higher note than imagined that way, especially since he's taken care of the other thorn (Ricky the Hitman Hatton) just last night.
BrutalBodyShots
I've got Mayweather over Cotto without question. I'm already licking my chops for this one from a gambling perspective as Mayweather will only be a slight favorite, maybe 3-2 at widest.

Against Cotto, Mayweather will have a MUCH easier time keeping distance between the two than he did with Hatton. Hatton is quick on his feet and was able to get in at times before Mayweather could react. Cotto while he has a jab isn't nearly as quick on his feet. I see Mayweather establishing distance and maintaining it probably 80% of the time.

As for the other 20%, I think people are making WAY too big a deal out of "Cotto getting inside." That was supposed to be Hatton's strength, right? Mayweather showed us last night against Hatton and against MANY others including a bigger man in DLH the HE can be extremely competitive on the inside. I say so what if Cotto gets Mayweather on the ropes. Yeah Cotto can bang but that means nothing to me when 9/10 of the punches he throws are going to land on Mayweather's forearms, elbows and gloves.

Also by round 5-6 what you will see in this fight, that you see in many of Mayweather's fights is that his opponents become tentative due to Mayweather's insane speed and accuracy. By round 7/8 Hatton wasn't nearly as anxious to try and close the distance. His foot speed was still there, but he was constantly catching lead right hands and lead left hooks. Same thing would happen with Cotto, and once it did it would be smooth sailing for Mayweather for the rest of the fight.

It also wouldn't be out of the question that Mayweather catches Cotto CLEAN enough times late like he did Hatton to drop him.

I had almost forgotten how good of a finisher Mayweather can be, and he proved that last night for the first time in a while.

X3_Bazooka_X3
according to Lampley Floyd doesnt love boxing anymore and I remember what Happend to Jones Jr when he began to feel the same way, so my advice to floyd is to call it a career and move on there is no point in risking getting yourself hurt if your heart isnt in it. as much as I hate him and would love to see him beat the fuck down it would be a bit selfish of anybody to ask someone to continue to do this if its no longer in them and this is a sport where you can end up dead, now if his heart is in it and he gets beat down or seriously hurt in there no sleep lost on my part, but in reality he should call it a career as of last night he can officially argue that he fought and beat all of the CHAMPIONs in each weight class he claims to be a champion in.
However I still think Hatton did a great job the fight was near dead even going into the tenth, kinda wish we had Raul Caiz in there so the point wouldnt have been taking away due to floyd turning his head, but lets face reality, if a smaller Hatton who admits 147 isnt his weight class, if he can bully Floyd and push Floyd back and have some success and keep a fight that close Cotto has one hell of a shot to beat Floyd so my pick would be MC all day, Floyd did not dominate as some would like to think he had to earn that win.
I also have a question about the P4P shit, isnt that supposed to be according to your skills and how they stack up against all the rest? you would think Floyd could have done much better last night than he did since he is the P4P king correct? I think honestly I agree with what he said on 24/7 his body is shutting down he just cant seem to get off the kind of shots he used to either its his body or the move up in weight either way I think he should retire
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(X3_Bazooka_X3 @ Dec 9 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]369577[/snapback]
according to Lampley Floyd doesnt love boxing anymore and I remember what Happend to Jones Jr when he began to feel the same way, so my advice to floyd is to call it a career and move on there is no point in risking getting yourself hurt if your heart isnt in it. as much as I hate him and would love to see him beat the fuck down it would be a bit selfish of anybody to ask someone to continue to do this if its no longer in them and this is a sport where you can end up dead, now if his heart is in it and he gets beat down or seriously hurt in there no sleep lost on my part, but in reality he should call it a career as of last night he can officially argue that he fought and beat all of the CHAMPIONs in each weight class he claims to be a champion in.
However I still think Hatton did a great job the fight was near dead even going into the tenth, kinda wish we had Raul Caiz in there so the point wouldnt have been taking away due to floyd turning his head, but lets face reality, if a smaller Hatton who admits 147 isnt his weight class, if he can bully Floyd and push Floyd back and have some success and keep a fight that close Cotto has one hell of a shot to beat Floyd so my pick would be MC all day, Floyd did not dominate as some would like to think he had to earn that win.
I also have a question about the P4P shit, isnt that supposed to be according to your skills and how they stack up against all the rest? you would think Floyd could have done much better last night than he did since he is the P4P king correct? I think honestly I agree with what he said on 24/7 his body is shutting down he just cant seem to get off the kind of shots he used to either its his body or the move up in weight either way I think he should retire

Man you have got to be one of the most inaccurate posters on this forum.

Fight near dead even going into the 10th? The judges gave Hatton 1 or 2 rounds. Everyone on this forum gave Hatton about 2 rounds. EVEN going into the 10th? You're on your own there.

X3_Bazooka_X3
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 9 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]369590[/snapback]
Man you have got to be one of the most inaccurate posters on this forum.

Fight near dead even going into the 10th? The judges gave Hatton 1 or 2 rounds. Everyone on this forum gave Hatton about 2 rounds. EVEN going into the 10th? You're on your own there.

and the judges for DLH Floyd had Oscar lossing by a single point but you all swear up and down they were wrong that night as well so which is it? are the judges only correct when it suites your arguement or do the judges often make mistakes in scoring a fight? be fucking real the fight was close and IMO the only reason I had Floyd up two rounds was because of the one point deduction other than that it was a one point lead going into the tenth.
BrutalBodyShots
Most of the people that felt Mayweather beat Oscar had Mayweather winning 7-5 or 8-4 at the WIDEST. NO ONE had Mayweather-Hatton that close... well again, except YOU.

These two fights are apples and oranges my friend.

Douchebag
I think too much is being made about Cotto foot work. Yeah he is not as fast ricky hatton on his feet, but there a very few fighters that are. Cotto foot movement is not the worst I a have seen and DLH Is not that much faster than if at all IMO. Cotto can close the distance by effectively cutting off the ring and pumping out his jab. Carlos Quintana has very good foot movement and Cotto was very effective in that fight. My biggest concern for Cotto going into this fight is him walking in to the clean shot that Mayweather is going be trying to land. Cotto is versitile enough to give Floyd fits in there. He can come forward and he can box if he needs to and he can also go southpaw at any given moment and be very effective doing so. In this fight I think Floyd would be forced to trade from time to time and that would definitely favor Cotto. Cotto has also Gotten a TKO from punching some guy(sorry don't remember his name) in the arm so i would look for him to try to do some of that when floyd does into his defensive shell.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 09:04 AM) [snapback]369465[/snapback]
..thats the best fight in boxing.

Yeah damn right it is. I hope Floyd takes this fight...There are still opponents out there who can ask questions of him, questions he needs to answer to secure his legacy.
moscow bear
I actually think that Paul Williams has the lowest chace of beating PBF. I think their fight would be the 147lbs version of PBF-Ndou at 130, with Floyds power and accuracy being just too much for Williams.
neophyte7
You make a good reference. Even Floyd SR says that Floyd feasts on tall guys... Williams is 6"2 near... damned, but he often is off balance and clumsy at times. Margarito was able to get to him late... Floyd would hit him alot and Williams would expend alot throwing those volumes and missing a great deal
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(moscow bear @ Dec 9 2007, 05:19 PM) [snapback]369642[/snapback]
I actually think that Paul Williams has the lowest chace of beating PBF. I think their fight would be the 147lbs version of PBF-Ndou at 130, with Floyds power and accuracy being just too much for Williams.

Finally...someone else who also thinks PBF would have the least trouble with Paul. Floyd would also make Margarito look silly in there. Cotto is definately his sturnest challenge right now, but PBF will outbox him in a very competetive fight.
dbdbdb
In spite of the fact that this is the fight that the true boxing fans want to see. It won't happen.

The next fight for Floyd is Mosley ........... Before the end of 2008. I'm going to mark this post because I'm predicting the future. laugh.gif
BrutalBodyShots
A Mosley win for Floyd wouldn't do anything to enhance Mayweather's legacy, so I think he should stay away from that. Mayweather should fight the man on the winning side of Mosley-Cotto, not the loser. Had Mosley won that fight of course Mayweather-Mosley would make sense, but at this point it doesn't.

and the NEW
I think Mosley is the man to trouble Floyd, the loopy right, MAY be able to go over that shoulder at times and his jab is very good, not to mention, his arms are LOOOONNNGGGGGG, it will give Mayweather some problems.

I dont think Cotto can beat Mayweather, just too methodical and predictable, Mayweather will adapt to him, tie him up on the inside, move and pot shot! Though, Cotto would give him a tough fight, but then again, I thought both Corrales and Hatton would also!

Undecided on Williams still, while I do think he is a very good welter and will give any of the top guys a LOT of problems and could potentially beat them, Im not sure how he would go against the likes of Mayweather.
The Ring Dictator
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 10 2007, 06:18 AM) [snapback]369712[/snapback]
Undecided on Williams still, while I do think he is a very good welter and will give any of the top guys a LOT of problems and could potentially beat them, Im not sure how he would go against the likes of Mayweather.

Maybe Paul "The Punisher" Williams should get a bit more experience at the big stage before he fights someone like Mayweather jr. But there is no doubt in my mind that he is the fighter that would cause the most difficulties for Mayweather jr. Not Cotto! Not Margarito! or Mosley!

Don't get me wrong.... I'm not saying Williams would dominate Cotto or anything like that. It's a different story... But I do believe Mayweather jr. would feel most uncomfortable in the ring with Williams, and that the outcome of that fight would be much more uncertain than with any of the other fighters (above). I would love to see them in the same ring.

You were probably referring to Mayweathers personality when you, in another post, said he is one of the "strangest" talents to grace the sport(?), but speaking about strange... Williams! That dude is beyond strange. And a very welcomed freak in the sport (we miss you Hearns). smile.gif
BigG
I think Cotto and Williams are the two guys that will give Floyd trouble. Maybe Mosley too...but Mosley might get outboxed by Floyd who is actually quicker. Plus Mosley gets hit alot with rights. I could see Floyd tagging him all night. But he definitely doesn't get stopped.
ROLL DEEP
Cotto or Mosely for me.

Either of those would be great...preferably Cotto though.
PUERTOROCKS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y3mTLmydh6U
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.