Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty Boy vs. Golden Boy "The Rematch"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
plush
Talk about DRAMA!

Who wins The Rematch.....?
BrutalBodyShots
Floyd by UD... 115-113, 115-113, 116-112.

Oscar doesn't have the stamina to do what he needs to do for 12 rounds to win. There's nothing he can do at this stage of his career to get that stamina, so IMO Floyd will always beat him from here on out.

BigG
Not really interested in this fight. Floyd beat him clearly last time out..can't see DLH doing any better.

Would much rather see Floyd fight Cotto or Williams.
Imperius3
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]369684[/snapback]
Not really interested in this fight. Floyd beat him clearly last time out..can't see DLH doing any better.

Would much rather see Floyd fight Cotto or Williams.

Agreed.
JD
I can see the commercial now...

"The first time, they battled toe to toe for 12 rounds in the biggest fight in boxing history. Floyd Mayweather stayed undefeated by the slimmest of margins...Oscar Dela Hoya didn't agree. Now they prepare to do it again, except this time The Golden Boy has hired the only man that knows Floyd Mayweather inside and out -- his father. Mayweather - Dela Hoya II, now it's personal".

UGH! No thanks. Let's see Floyd attempt to clean out 147.

PS - YES, I would buy it if they fought again.

plush
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 9 2007, 10:18 PM) [snapback]369684[/snapback]

Well HBO will be interested.....you will to after the 24/7...lol
Boxingjunkie
The only fight that should matter for Mayweather is Cotto. He has proven himself to be the second best out there behind Floyd. This fight would make millions in NY.
Snoop
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 10 2007, 02:31 AM) [snapback]369686[/snapback]
I can see the commercial now...

"The first time, they battled toe to toe for 12 rounds in the biggest fight in boxing history. Floyd Mayweather stayed undefeated by the slimmest of margins...Oscar Dela Hoya didn't agree. Now they prepare to do it again, except this time The Golden Boy has hired the only man that knows Floyd Mayweather inside and out -- his father. Mayweather - Dela Hoya II, now it's personal".

LMAO! That would be EXACTLY how they would market it.
JD
QUOTE(snoopnick @ Dec 9 2007, 09:34 PM) [snapback]369689[/snapback]
LMAO! That would be EXACTLY how they would market it.

LOL...oh NO doubt that is how it would go. We have been watching this sport for too long...
plush
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 9 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]369690[/snapback]
LOL...oh NO doubt that is how it would go. We have been watching this sport for too long...

LOL...you know thats how it's going down....If it don't make dollars it don't make sense. laugh.gif
and the NEW
I had Floyd beating Oscar by 1!

Though I beleive a rematch would be more clear cut!

Maywether V Cotto would be better! Mayweather already has a legit win over Oscar.
kidbazooka1
DLH doesn't have the legs anymore. A younger DLH would have beaten Floyd but his time has past I see similar results to the 1st fight.
Bill The Butcher
I wouldn't mind seeing a Delahoya rematch. I think Delahoya would actually have a chance to win if he established his jab early and kept at it the whole fight. And instead of head hunting, go to the body more often.

But I would rather see Mayweather fight Cotto over a Delahoya rematch.
JD
QUOTE(plush @ Dec 9 2007, 09:52 PM) [snapback]369693[/snapback]
LOL...you know thats how it's going down....If it don't make dollars it don't make sense. laugh.gif

Oh God...not that line again.
salvador
The only fights I want to see Floyd in are with Williams and Margarito. After watching him stand his ground against Hatton, I think that Floyd might still have that one great night in him and Williams and Margarito are the only guys at 147 who have a chance of bringing it out of him.
PR316
Oh no. Why would anyone even De La Hoya fans want to see that again??...

Oscar has pretty much ruled that fight out anyways. The only fight I could see Oscar wanting at this point would be vs Miguel Cotto. He might actually have a chance there.

Floyd has already clearly beaten Oscar and if they fight again, I see no reason why it would be a different outcome.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Dec 10 2007, 01:21 AM) [snapback]369717[/snapback]
I think Delahoya would actually have a chance to win if he established his jab early and kept at it the whole fight. And instead of head hunting, go to the body more often.

True, I agree.

But like someones said, DLH doesn't have the stamina to keep that up for 12 rounds anymore. Floyd wins by UD again.

Much rather see them BOTH fight different fighters.

Spreadking3rd
please have the boring De La Hoya go away

rematch.......they could bill it the 2nd biggest rip off of the decade
plush
Come on guys! You know good and well the only fight Floyd will take would be Oscar.
You even know the date...May WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT???

So you might as well give up on Cotto and the others......

Don't make me say it again....IF IT DON'T Make DOLLARS....you know the rest laugh.gif
Spreadking3rd
if they talk Oscar vs Pacman

why not Floyd vs Pacman

lol

Oscar wants to celebrate cinco de mayo by fighting his fellow Mexican Yory Boy Campas in a rematch.
BrutalBodyShots
LOL @ Pacman vs Anyone above 135 pounds.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 10 2007, 08:23 PM) [snapback]369883[/snapback]
It was stupid before this fight, but do you think a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight seems even more stupid now after seeing Mayweather against Hatton? lol.

No question about it. I'd like to hear from the guys that were taking a potential Maweather-Pacquiao fight seriously. What do they now think about Pacquiao's chances?

falvoa
QUOTE(plush @ Dec 9 2007, 09:01 PM) [snapback]369678[/snapback]
Talk about DRAMA!

Who wins The Rematch.....?

no
streetlion1
This fight will never happen! DLH has been there and done that. Giving Floyd the hardest fight of his career and nearly winning. If it ever did though-assuming DLH stays in shape. I think DLH wins by decision. He would have won their first fight if only he would've kept that jab going. Both fighters would make adjustments and it would probably be alot better than the first!
and the NEW
DLH should have attacked the body even more, Mayweather should have taken him to the trenches more! DLH doesnt have the stanima to match it with Mayweather over 12 fast rounds!

I had Mayweather by 1 in the first, and he would win a rematch more convincingly I beleive.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.