Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So is it Tarver-Lacy next?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I kept hearing a few weeks ago that this was being planned and Tarver said in a fighthype interview that Lacy was in his sights and it would be a "big fight".

To be honest, I think Tarver beats Lacy by decision.

I just HOPE Tarver gets in with Chad next year.

Method
Lacy is so finished. It's a shame.
BrutalBodyShots
Both Lacy and Tarver are pretty washed up at this point, but you've got to go with Tarver by decision. I take it Lacy would be moving to 175?

STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 10 2007, 04:34 AM) [snapback]369703[/snapback]
I disagree. I think people are just now realising that Tarver sucked right from the very start. haha.

Sucked a lot of dick for rocks anyway.
BigJuicyHog
This fight would probably be terrible. Both fighters throw too few punches and both are pretty slow footed. Lacy is all around totally slow and I think that his vaunted power was terribly overrated. I think people just got psyched out by his pysique. He is done.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Dec 10 2007, 10:51 AM) [snapback]369755[/snapback]
This fight would probably be terrible. Both fighters throw too few punches and both are pretty slow footed. Lacy is all around totally slow and I think that his vaunted power was terribly overrated. I think people just got psyched out by his pysique. He is done.

Yup....terrible fight betwen two slow plodders.
The Original MrFactor
I dont want to see this. I'd rather see Lacy vs Jermaine Taylor. Tarver needs to mann up and fight Dawson...
STEVENSKI
Tarver don't wanna fight anyone with a pulse. Why do you think he cowered away from Green? Thats good though as Green is taking a much tougher fight in Drews than Tarver anyway.
Tha Docta
if hbo or showtime buys this fight for anything other than an undercard i will be pissed. its not a bad undercard fight, but these two should not be headlining and im sure that tarver still thinks he should be headlining.

is tarver the most hated man in boxing today?? cause personally, i cant stand to look at his face
BigJuicyHog
I dont know about most hated, but I certainly dont like him. He is boring to watch and has a big mouth. I could see his fight with Lacy being a draw along the lines of Terrence Lewis- Friday Ahunanya......just dreadful.
BigG
I dont really think Green would've beat Tarver. He's a strong fighter but limited. And he got dominated by Mundine.

But I definitely think Dawson destroys Tarver. The man is the truth.
BigG
you are right. Tarvers last two opponents have been C class fighters.

But If Green and Tarver fought, I'd favor Tarver. But thats only if Tarver came in good shape. But I guess Tarver wanted to a fight an opponent he knows he wouldnt break a sweat with.
Douchebag
Quote me:

Tarver will KO Lacy. He may be slow but he is still a tall lefty with good power and Lacy is right there to be hit.
Bullseye
QUOTE(Tha Docta @ Dec 10 2007, 01:31 PM) [snapback]369811[/snapback]
if hbo or showtime buys this fight for anything other than an undercard i will be pissed. its not a bad undercard fight, but these two should not be headlining and im sure that tarver still thinks he should be headlining.

is tarver the most hated man in boxing today?? cause personally, i cant stand to look at his face

Yeah, I can't stand his face either. He looks kinda like a big ass worm. Heh....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.