Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JCC vs PBF
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Classic Boxing
Maxy
I've been watching a lot of my old Chavez tapes recently and I just wondered what people think the outcome would be if he were to box Mayweather at 135? Obviously Chavez could be outboxed, but at his ruthless best he would walk through anything Floyd threw at him and he would use are far better controlled aggression than anyone Mayweather has ever boxed. Would Chavez be able to beat Floyd?

Thoughts?
The CEO
If Roger Mayweather couldn't beat Chavez, no one can...

laugh.gif

Seriously...I've never been that big on Chavez...mainly because of the gimmies in Mexico...but he WAS the real deal.

As usual though...I like the boxer over the puncher in this matchup...

Mayweather wins 8 out of 10 times....UDs and cut stoppages.
PR316
Obviously most would look at the fight with Castillo and point out that Mayweather would lose. However, I honestly believe that at Mayweather's absolute BEST, his skill and smarts lead him to a win. Floyd doesn't care about the crowd. He'll jab, counter, and move ALL NIGHT if he has to. Chavez will have his moments of putting Mayweather on the ropes and all, but I think even Julio would be surprised at Floyd's strength in close quarters. And Mayweather knows when to clinch(A must against Chavez).

Its a tough fight. I think Chavez wins some rounds. But I think Mayweather rises to the occasion and avoids enough contact all the while dishing out enough to earn him a competitive but deserved decision win.

Chavez does not get a rematch.
BigG
Gotta go with Floyd by decision.
xxxxxx
Floyd by 12th rd tko
and the NEW
Floyd by decision.

While I do think Chavez was a great fighter and loved watching him at his ruthless best, he was a bit overrated I beleive. One of the best lightweights out there, but there are several who were better and I would say Floyd is one of those.
kidbazooka1
Mayweather beat Corrales who was a real good fighter but had a glass jaw and never used his height to his advantage. Castillo a borderline great fighter who beat floyd in the 1st fight but lost the return bout was IMO Floyd best win of his career. Gatti, Hatton and DLH(who some felt won the fight)are not realy great wins especialy since DLH no longer has the legs to go 12 hard rds and even at that Mayweather was barely able to squeak by him. All of the fighters mentioned are no where near the level of a prime Chavez.

Like another poster already mentioned Castillo gave Mayweather all he could handle and arguably beat him. Castillo is no where near the level of fighter Chavez was everything Castillo could do Julio could do it much better.

I see Chavez having trouble with Floyd early on but eventualy his agression and body punching would get to him. Mayweather also likes to mix it in on the inside every now and then which he would pay a big price for with a prime Chavez. Lightweight Chavez was also great at cutting off the ring and was extremly accurate.

The only way to beat Mayweather is with controled agression and thats exactly what Chavez was best at.

Chavez by late rd stoppage or UD.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Dec 11 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]370070[/snapback]
Floyd by 12th rd tko

Are you seriouse?
and the NEW
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 12 2007, 04:39 PM) [snapback]370129[/snapback]
Chavez by late rd stoppage

Are you serious?

Chavez was beaten convincingly by Whitaker (some say past his prime, but still close to it). He also lost in Mexico and had the decision reversed on his record.

Who did Chavez beat the level of Mayweather? The closest one he fought was Whitaker, and he was handled!

I think a welter DLH, is a much tougher proposition than a lightweight Chavez.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 12 2007, 09:28 PM) [snapback]370216[/snapback]
Are you serious?

Chavez was beaten convincingly by Whitaker (some say past his prime, but still close to it). He also lost in Mexico and had the decision reversed on his record.

Who did Chavez beat the level of Mayweather? The closest one he fought was Whitaker, and he was handled!

I think a welter DLH, is a much tougher proposition than a lightweight Chavez.

Chavez beat Ramirez, Rosario, Mayweather, Taylor, Camacho and Haugen IMO those are better wins than a one dimensional Corrales, 100 yr old Gatti, past his prime DLH and Hatton.

I know Chavez is not very well appreciated in these forums so I don't take too seriousley what many think about him or who he would beat in fantasy matches.

Like the fella who said Mayweather would stop Chavez. Obviousley he must have only seen a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past his prime Chavez because if he saw Chavez in his hay day he would know that Julio had extremly tought skin and never realy cut in his prime.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 12 2007, 12:54 PM) [snapback]370133[/snapback]
Are you seriouse?

Yup, I'm serious.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Dec 13 2007, 02:08 AM) [snapback]370286[/snapback]
Yup, I'm serious.

You newbies crack me up. laugh.gif
and the NEW
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 13 2007, 01:58 AM) [snapback]370227[/snapback]
Chavez beat Ramirez, Rosario, Mayweather, Taylor, Camacho and Haugen IMO those are better wins than a one dimensional Corrales, 100 yr old Gatti, past his prime DLH and Hatton.

I know Chavez is not very well appreciated in these forums so I don't take too seriousley what many think about him or who he would beat in fantasy matches.

Like the fella who said Mayweather would stop Chavez. Obviousley he must have only seen a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay past his prime Chavez because if he saw Chavez in his hay day he would know that Julio had extremly tought skin and never realy cut in his prime.

Hernandez, Manfredy, Corrales, Castillo, Judah, Mitchell, Gatti, Hatton, DLH.

Very very good list and undefeated.

On the other thread is my breakdown of top 10 lights of all-time.

Chavez makes my top 10, I wouldnt call that bad appreciation. But Mayweather himself is something very special.
BigG
De La Hoya is not really too far past his prime. I mean, everyone was saying how good he looked vs. Mayorga before he fought PBF.
Fitz
He looked good considering the Mayorga fight was his first fight in nearly 2 years and his showings in the Hopkins and Sturm fight. That's why people thought he looked good. It was more of a comparison. His fight against was his 2nd fight in like two years. I wouldn't say he is not too far from his prime.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 13 2007, 02:39 AM) [snapback]370287[/snapback]
You newbies crack me up. laugh.gif

I might be a newbie to this fighthype site, but I aint no newbie to the sport of boxing.Trust Me.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Dec 13 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]370321[/snapback]
I might be a newbie to this fighthype site, but I aint no newbie to the sport of boxing.Trust Me.

Yet you believe Mayweather would stop Chavez. Any sane person here who has seen a prime Chavez could tell you that Mayweather would have never been able to stop him. If there would be a TKO/KO in the fight it would be Mayweather getting KTFO just like Chavez did to his uncle Roger.

If your not new to the sport than you sure don't know sh*t about JCC.
Maxy
There is no way in the world that Mayweather knocks out Chavez.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 13 2007, 02:34 PM) [snapback]370365[/snapback]
Yet you believe Mayweather would stop Chavez. Any sane person here who has seen a prime Chavez could tell you that Mayweather would have never been able to stop him. If there would be a TKO/KO in the fight it would be Mayweather getting KTFO just like Chavez did to his uncle Roger.

If your not new to the sport than you sure don't know sh*t about JCC.

So now I'm insane to pick Mayweather to stop JCC late in a fight? Was Douglas insane to think he could beat Tyson by stoppage?Listen, a tko can be many things from a ref stoppage to cuts to the camp throwing in the towel.It doesn't have to be a ko.Roger Mayweather? Roger was a good fighter, but not a great fighter like lil Floyd.Roger couldn't hold Jr's jock. laugh.gif

And for the record, I hjave seen a prime JCC fight.He waas a good little fighter and there aint no shame in losing to a prime Mayweather Jr.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Dec 13 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]370400[/snapback]
So now I'm insane to pick Mayweather to stop JCC late in a fight? Was Douglas insane to think he could beat Tyson by stoppage?Listen, a tko can be many things from a ref stoppage to cuts to the camp throwing in the towel.It doesn't have to be a ko.Roger Mayweather? Roger was a good fighter, but not a great fighter like lil Floyd.Roger couldn't hold Jr's jock. laugh.gif

And for the record, I hjave seen a prime JCC fight.He waas a good little fighter and there aint no shame in losing to a prime Mayweather Jr.

Yes you must be insane to pick Mayweather to stop a prime Chavez. Just listen to what your saying.

Cut, ref stoppage or throwing a towel in it doesn't matter Floyd couldn't cut Chavez. Who like I said had super tought skin in his day. Your probably thinking of an ancient Chavez who fought DLH and Tyszu but a prime one never sustained any seriouse cut and Floyd never showed cut like power ala DLH.

And as far as ref stooppage or corner stopping a fight that would mean that Floyd would have to put a beating on Chavez and posses the ability to hurt him which is another thing he couldn't do. Chavez by the time he was at lightweight was already believed by experts to have a near legendary chin, Floyd's chance would be to outbox Chavez if he stood there and traded Chavez would flattened him.

Now you can see why I have to question your prediction of Floyd stopping Chavez. I don't think even the biggest Floyd supporter would believe that he could stop Chavez had he seen a prime Julio in action.

Like I said anyone who's seen a prime JCC in action would not pick Floyd to TKO/KO Chavez that is why i question your boxing knowledge. You made a prediction without giveing your scenario of the fight.

Tell me how would the fight play out if Mayweather would be able to stop Chavez?

Tell me what lightweight bouts have you seen of Chavez?
BigG
Mayweather beats Chavez by outboxing him... I'm a Chavez fan, he was an incredible inside fighter with a great beard, but Floyd was too skilled and quick. Chavez would just eat jab and after jab and would be frustrated the whole night. Did Chavez have what it takes to make in competitive? Yes he did. He was a great pressure fighter. Who wins? Floyd. By decision.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 14 2007, 01:02 AM) [snapback]370459[/snapback]
Yes you must be insane to pick Mayweather to stop a prime Chavez. Just listen to what your saying.

Listen Boozoka, you can't say if Mayweather woulda stopped Chavez or not, you wanna know why?because they never fought and never will.It's a fantasy matchup and this is only for opinions.This is the sport of boxing, anything can happen and I think Mayweather prime tags little chavez all night long and has the potential to stop a prime Chavez LATE in a fight.Thats my opinion, is it fact..no..it's an opinion.We will never now.End of discussion.
kidbazooka1
Since you didn't answer my question? and you couldn't tell me what Mayweather could do that would stop Chavez i assume you never seen JCC at 135lb. So how can you give a fair prediction.

But I gueess because you seen Floyd stop hatton this past weekened you assume he can stop any of the past greats.LOL

Mayweather couldn't even stop Hernandez and Jesus Chavez who's chins and skill are no where near the level of JCC.

See the problem is your giving your opionion about a fighter you know nothing about. It would be like me never watching a prime Ali and saying that Sam Peters would outbox him just because he lost to some bums late in his career.

Little Chavez? JJC and Gayweather are pretty much the same height.

Let me guess your next prediction would be that Gayweather knocksout Sugar Ray Robinson aswell.
Nobudius
Heh-figures bazooka joins in on this topic.

Some of you are being quite harsh to Chavez though. For the folks that think Mayweather is too quick for Julio to catch...... from what I've seen of PBF, Mayweather gets "caught" often, especially along the ropes. It's just that he usually "gets out" quickly, mostly untouched, with a couple counters to show for it.

Chavez could make him PAY there.....

xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 14 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]370524[/snapback]
Since you didn't answer my question? and you couldn't tell me what Mayweather could do that would stop Chavez i assume you never seen JCC at 135lb. So how can you give a fair prediction.

But I gueess because you seen Floyd stop hatton this past weekened you assume he can stop any of the past greats.LOL

Mayweather couldn't even stop Hernandez and Jesus Chavez who's chins and skill are no where near the level of JCC.

See the problem is your giving your opionion about a fighter you know nothing about. It would be like me never watching a prime Ali and saying that Sam Peters would outbox him just because he lost to some bums late in his career.

Little Chavez? JJC and Gayweather are pretty much the same height.

Let me guess your next prediction would be that Gayweather knocksout Sugar Ray Robinson aswell.

You should never assume anything in life...you could get yourself in trouble.My prediction is as fair as yours is because it's a Fantasy matchup, and yes, I've seen Chavez at 135,140 and above.

No, I don't think Floyd can stop all the greats because he laid Hatton out last Saturday.That would be ridiculous talk.

No, Mayweather didn't KO Chavez and Hernandez, but both fights didn't see the final bell which is a stoppage in my opinion.

I can give an opinion on whatever Fantasy Matchup I want man, thats what makes boxing fun to talk about..and you come on here and attack me for giving an opinion on a match up that will never take place.

Mayweather has a 4 inch reach advantage over Chavez and he's an inch taller.Gayweather? ok, that pretty much tells me why were even having this pointless argument.Obviously you never liked Mayweather or give him credit for what he's done.Mayweather could prolly go win the Middleweight crown from Pavlik and you would still have excuses.

No comment on Mayweather stopping Robinson.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(xxxxxx @ Dec 14 2007, 09:17 PM) [snapback]370599[/snapback]
You should never assume anything in life...you could get yourself in trouble.My prediction is as fair as yours is because it's a Fantasy matchup, and yes, I've seen Chavez at 135,140 and above.

No, I don't think Floyd can stop all the greats because he laid Hatton out last Saturday.That would be ridiculous talk.

No, Mayweather didn't KO Chavez and Hernandez, but both fights didn't see the final bell which is a stoppage in my opinion.

I can give an opinion on whatever Fantasy Matchup I want man, thats what makes boxing fun to talk about..and you come on here and attack me for giving an opinion on a match up that will never take place.

Mayweather has a 4 inch reach advantage over Chavez and he's an inch taller.Gayweather? ok, that pretty much tells me why were even having this pointless argument.Obviously you never liked Mayweather or give him credit for what he's done.Mayweather could prolly go win the Middleweight crown from Pavlik and you would still have excuses.

No comment on Mayweather stopping Robinson.

A whole inch taller wow he really towers over Chavez huh.LOL

Your right on one thing this discussion is pointless with you.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 14 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]370602[/snapback]
A whole inch taller wow he really towers over Chavez huh.LOL

Your right on one thing this discussion is pointless with you.

I never said Mayweather towers over Chavez, all I did was call Chavez, "little Chavez". I also call Floyd "Lil Floyd".

It's pointless to argue about this because we will never know what would of happened between these two Legends. We can only have opinions.What bothered me about your comments was that you question my boxing knowledge because I made a prediction on a fight that would never happen.It's not like I was picking Mayweather to tko Hopkins here or anything, I felt I made an opinion on a fight between 2 guys that are relatively the same size.I stand by my opinion that Mayweather would have the potential to stop Chavez LATE in a fight.I don't think that makes me an idiot when it comes to boxing history. drinks.gif
Abdul
PBF takes this one by UD IMO, Mayweather wouldn't be dumb like Meldrick Taylor and try and trade with Chavez, even though it almost got Meldrick the W. This fight would be similar to the Sweet Pea fight, with PBF landing even more then Pea did, especially in the later rounds when PBF has Chavez figured out.
D-MARV
Meldrick Taylor gave JCC hell in their first fight. The only Problem was Meldrick got caught with some flush shots. Especially that last one one that Knocked him down. With that being said! Floyd would not get hit like Meldrick and FLoyd's skills were far more superior than Meldrick! Floyd wins this one. Ill say 117-111! Floyd is just to quick and fast for chavez!. BUt I will say this! If Chavez could of found a way to get to Floyd's Body it might be a different Story. Floyd Still wins, but a much closer fight. (Sort of like Castillo-Mayweather I)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.