Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2007 FIGHT FAN'S CHOICE AWARDS
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
thehype
2007 FIGHT FAN'S CHOICE AWARDS

The Fight Fan's Choice Awards honors the year's biggest achievements in boxing as voted on by fight fans from around the world. Nominees for each category were carefully selected by the FightHype staff, but write-in nominations are welcome and can be emailed to awards@fighthype.com for consideration. Voting lasts from now until December 27, 2007. The winners of each category will be revealed on Friday, December 28, 2007 and are determined by the only experts that matter...the fans! Be sure to cast your vote today!

Only one vote per computer is allowed each day.

Okay fellow monkeys...I need your help....

If you guys notice any problems or bugs that need to be fixed, please email me directly at thehype@fighthype.com, otherwise, be sure to pass the info along so we can get as many fans as possible to vote. If you have friends that enjoy boxing...shoot them an email. If you post at other boards...let them know.

click here to vote
Chi-Town
Jack 1000
FYI:

Just a reminder to tell everyone that you can vote multiple times. The only restriction is ONCE PER DAY PER COMPUTER. So let everyone know that they can vote more than once.

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
The voting results are in!!!!!! Check how you did with the rest of the Fight Hype Community.............and the world!

http://www.fighthype.com/awards/boxingawar...7df308fa21ca80d

Jack

Administrator
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 28 2007, 06:58 PM) [snapback]372648[/snapback]
I agreed with everything, except the only thing that kind of surprised me was that Mayweather-Hatton was the "can't miss event of 2007" instead of De La Hoya-Mayweather.

I think that Mayweather-Delahoya could have won if it had been a better fight inside the ring. Perhaps the fans believed that Mayweather's KO of Hatton was more exciting (and it was) than what Mayweather-Delahoya produced. People love KOs. I think that is what made Mayweather-Hatton more memorable.

What surprised me was the overwelmong stats favoring HBO as the best network of 2007. In terms of money generated for the big fights, yes. However, I voted for Showtime because HBO puts too many bouts on PPV that should be on the regular HBO network and Showtime is moving away from PPV. For instance, Showtime will be giving us the electrifying Marquez-Vasquez III match as a NON PPV. HBO is force-feeding a NON-TITLE PPV event in Pavlick-Taylor II for $50. The first fight was great, so those greedy bastards (yes, that's how I feel) have the audacity to charge $50 for a non-title match!!??? Taylor can't make weight so it has to be non-title? Because of this, that match doesn't deserve to be PPV. HBO is ripping off the fans.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 28 2007, 08:14 PM) [snapback]372655[/snapback]
If that's the case, I think people may have interpreted the question wrong (or maybe I did). "Can't miss event of 2007" to me is a fight that you simply couldn't miss and the type of reaction you had leading up to the fight, not looking back in hindsight. That's me anyways, but yeah the Hatton fight was a huge fight, I just thought that the DLH-Mayweather fight was the "can't miss event", even if you would have liked to have missed it once it was over.

But you are correct that a "Can't Miss Fight" is open to interpretation. So much in boxing is subjective and open to interpretation. But doing this was a wonderful and very fun experience for the fans to be heard! I think there is unanimous consent on that.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to vote and spread the word to all of the world's many boxing and MMA fans!

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.