Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next Gen EA Sports Games
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Al Hata

I have an xbox 360 and I tried this years Madden, NCAA Football, and March Madness. I think they all suck. Hence, why I play Warcraft.

Does anyone else feel the same that all of the EA sports titles just aren't living up to the hype? The 2K sports games are decent, but they do not have an NFL or NCAA football game.....that I know of.

BigG
Agreed. I've played NBA Live and Fight Night, neither has impressed.

Honestly, they aren't much different then the PS2 versions.
CyruS
EA is still shook that NFL 2k5 still shits on Madden to this day. 2k5 > Madden franchise.
BigJuicyHog
I dont even play console games any more. Unless its a sports game, it is always a notch below PC games.
Bill The Butcher
Does Call of Duty 4 count as a sports game?

No, but seriously, I'm tempted to get a Nintendo Wii just to check out Tiger Woods and stuff. I heard Tiger Woods is good.
Method
EA's Madden and NCAA SUCKED this year.

EA's NHL '08 KICKS ALMIGHTY ASS!
Fitz
Who has played 2k games before? They make basketball, hockey, gridiron games? Better than EA games? I'm just looking forward to the next boxing games on EA and 2k. At least the competition will force each other to make better boxing games.
The Original MrFactor
Madden for the PS3 sucked this year. The PC version doesnt work with my widescrewen monitor. EA really shat on its customers this year...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(CyruS @ Dec 12 2007, 03:10 PM) [snapback]370175[/snapback]
EA is still shook that NFL 2k5 still shits on Madden to this day. 2k5 > Madden franchise.

I sure wish they would port to the Computer ..... on the PC we really have no other option than madden BS series.

If you look at that last 4+ years of the Madden series .... its the same game re-issued with some bizaar new feature added each year. I've never purchased madden but have tried every year it has come out {Computer}.

() year - Hit stick - same engine - little better Graphics
() year - total control - same engine - little better graphics
() year - some other BS feature - same engine - little better graphics

I think you get my point ........ And the 2K series has alway been better than madden .... they just need to port it over to computer to rescue the football fans from madden's crappy game.
dj necrogenic
Are they working on a new fight night game?
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 15 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]374884[/snapback]
EA have stopped making fight night games.

What the fuck... So we get no more boxing games?
dj necrogenic
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 15 2008, 04:12 PM) [snapback]374884[/snapback]
EA have stopped making fight night games.

What the fuck... So we get no more boxing games?
BigG
I bet their gonna make Don King an unlockable character...or some crazy shit like that.
Bill The Butcher
Is there any good Football games for the Xbox 360?

And what is the best Madden game? 05? 06? 07? 08?
Method
I could be wrong here, Factor, but I believe EA IS going to continue with the franchise. Whenever I buy games from EB, they sned me some Game Insider mag subscrip, one of the recent issues I received mentioned the whole situation, and I believe the title of the article was misleading. Basically, EA CHicago is the studio that produces Fight Bight, and, according to the article, EA is closing that studio, and going to re route those duties to one of its other studios (in Canada, I believe). At first I thought they were sacking the game, because the title of the article read, "EA Gives up on Fight Night something or other". You had to wade through it all to get the info right.

All that said, a boxing title could be SO GREAT if someone would just put first rate effort into it.

With Electronic Arts getting exclusive rights to develop sports games using the major leagues and players, they almost don't have to worry about whether the game is great or not, because they are the only game in town. In my opinion, EA just does enough to get by anymore.

And yeah, sure it's great to have 2K, because really, they develop solid sports games, but when they don't have access to the real franchises or players (more specifically), it's always gonna keep some of the luster off the stone.

Add to this preexiisting dillemma DON KING, and we're likely to see a game with only Don King fighters. Be prepared for a game with only Zab Judah, Felix Trinidad, William Joppy, Keith Holmes and Mike Tyson.

EA could make a sick boxing game. Make the thing 60 fps. More exciting venues. Real trainers. Better, more realistic live ringside commentary (NHL ' 08 as a benchmark, its SICK), etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.