Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who should Pavlick fight after Taylor?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
I know there are alot of interesting routes Pavlick could take. How about Bernard Hopkins?! I'd be great to see Hopkins retire as the middleweight champion. this is assuming he makes it past Taylor....I see Pavlick winning by k.o. again.
Michigan Assassin
Bob Arum has said its gonna be John Duddy win or lose. Which makes me wonder again why Taylor isn't taking this fight at 160 pounds.

If you're gonna rematch the man why not challenge him for the titles you just lost. And I really don't think its a mater of him not being able to make 160.

I'd like to see Arthur Abraham come over to the US and get in the mix.
Southeastpaw
Abraham tasted all he wanted from Miranda. He don't wanna mess with the likes of Pavlik. And for the record, I think Pavlik beats Bernard at this point in time.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 14 2007, 06:10 PM) [snapback]370594[/snapback]
Abraham tasted all he wanted from Miranda. He don't wanna mess with the likes of Pavlik. And for the record, I think Pavlik beats Bernard at this point in time.

Pavlick might beat Bernard but dont be so sure. Bernard makes everyone fight a different fight, and makes everyone look awkward. This arguement is probably pointless but a Pavlick-Hopkins fight would be interesting.
Lil-lightsout
After he KO's JT again, I wouldn't mind a fight between him and Calzaghe. Joe would give him fits in there, but I would be interested to see if Kelly could land some big punches on Joe and get him out of there. I would favor Joe, but would give Kelly a punchers chance in there.
Spreadking3rd
Pavlik should defend his 160 pound belts afterwards....and stay there a good while.

watch out for Koji Sato, unbeaten 160 pounder out of Japan !
he's the john duddy of japan
a wild swinger with power
caneman
i would like to see him get the rest of the belts so Abraham & Sturm thumbsup_anim.gif
yuca
A rubber match with Taylor... Pavlick is getting ko'ed this time.
BigG
Well, I predict that Pavlik will stop Taylor.

After that, fight Abraham.
caneman
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 15 2007, 09:20 AM) [snapback]370664[/snapback]
Well, I predict that Pavlik will stop Taylor.

After that, fight Abraham.

cosign on that...JT will never keep that lefthand up the way he needs to & i believe we'll see an even better fight from palvik with him keeping his hands high @ all times. i still say that he better get the KO though....trusting judges against JT is a very bad move rolleyes.gif big george did you see the shit liverpool is talking on your bernard hopkins video on youtube? just wondering! another thing bro, clean out you PM's man, your box is full! lol!
caneman
QUOTE(yuca @ Dec 15 2007, 09:05 AM) [snapback]370660[/snapback]
A rubber match with Taylor... Pavlick is getting ko'ed this time.

wanna bet? rolleyes.gif
BigG
Yup laugh.gif I just read the comments....just a big Joe Cal fan/Hopkins hater.
Douchebag
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 15 2007, 09:39 AM) [snapback]370675[/snapback]
wanna bet? rolleyes.gif

I know its a long shot but I do want to see that happen. I'm just not going to put any money on it. Fans are due a good trilogy and and Taylor can pull rabbit out of his ass and fight to his potential we might just get one.
iron_mike
More like who is Taylor gonna fight after he stops Pavlik. Wht does everyone assume JT will get stopped again? He won't punch himself out this time.
rusty_trombone
I'd like to see him fight Calzaghe, I think that fight would be great.
salvador
QUOTE(Michigan Assassin @ Dec 14 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]370591[/snapback]
Bob Arum has said its gonna be John Duddy win or lose.

I just read an interview with Arum where he said he wants Pavlik to fight at the Cleveland Browns Stadium (15 miles from Youngstown) after Taylor. Arum wants to pack it with 50k fans by selling them affordable tickets. I doubt Duddy would be that guy. Pavlik-Duddy will probably be at the Garden in the fall.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Dec 15 2007, 12:14 PM) [snapback]370696[/snapback]
More like who is Taylor gonna fight after he stops Pavlik. Wht does everyone assume JT will get stopped again? He won't punch himself out this time.

How about because the best indicator of the future is the past. Punch himself out? LMAO. That's the worst argument anyone can make about what Taylor did the first time. If throwing a lot of punches for ONE MINUTE in the SECOND ROUND of a fight is going to cause the champion of the world to "punch himself out" than he doesn't deserve to be the champion. Taylor didn't "punch himself out" at all; Taylor simply got beaten for the majority of the fight and finally dropped from Pavlik's power punching.

Taylor has ONE GOOD MOMENT in the fight, a moment that Pavlik avoided for the rest of the fight and will train to avoid in the rematch. Taylor however was catching Pavlik power punches all night long and had caught enough by the 7th to get stopped. It is MUCH more likely that Pavlik is able to avoid ONE MOMENT (one punch) in the rematch than it will be for Taylor to avoid 15+ minutes of right hands that he caught in the original.

streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 15 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]370702[/snapback]
How about because the best indicator of the future is the past. Punch himself out? LMAO. That's the worst argument anyone can make about what Taylor did the first time. If throwing a lot of punches for ONE MINUTE in the SECOND ROUND of a fight is going to cause the champion of the world to "punch himself out" than he doesn't deserve to be the champion. Taylor didn't "punch himself out" at all; Taylor simply got beaten for the majority of the fight and finally dropped from Pavlik's power punching.

Taylor has ONE GOOD MOMENT in the fight, a moment that Pavlik avoided for the rest of the fight and will train to avoid in the rematch. Taylor however was catching Pavlik power punches all night long and had caught enough by the 7th to get stopped. It is MUCH more likely that Pavlik is able to avoid ONE MOMENT (one punch) in the rematch than it will be for Taylor to avoid 15+ minutes of right hands that he caught in the original.

Agreed! Everyone knows the formula to beat Taylor its no secret. The same things Hopkins and Wright landed, Pavlick landed. He cant block straight right hands. The difference is Pavlick has the power to knock JT out and he'll do it again. It may even happen quicker this time.
JD
Taylor will not hear the bell to start the 7th this time.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 16 2007, 12:10 AM) [snapback]370766[/snapback]
Taylor will not hear the bell to start the 7th this time.

Agreed.
Imperius3
It's not guaranteed Pavlik will win again. Taylor did almost have him out of there. Marquez-Vasquez II comes to mind. If the fight is at 168, that might favor Taylor, but at the same time it might favor Pavlik.

I will be favoring Pavlik...but it's not a lock.
caneman
i dunno but i can see pavlik improving & i can't see the same for JT @ all! i think pavlik KO's him in 5 or 6 rounds cool.gif
Big Slim Sweet
JT's only chance is to blitz Pavlik early, but find a way to finish the job this time. Otherwise it will be deja vu all over again. I feel like these two could fight a million times with no other possible outcomes.

I think the rematch being at 166 or whatever is lame. Why can't they make it back down for the mw titles?

Kessler-Pavlik would be awesome.
BrutalBodyShots
If Taylor couldn't finish him the first time he won't the second time.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 16 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]370878[/snapback]
If Taylor couldn't finish him the first time he won't the second time.

No, probably not. But it is his only hope.
Douchebag
I know almost everybody has written JT off in this fight but I think he has a real shot at winning. I really got swayed to this opinion because I just finished watching the first fight again and to be honest it was a pretty even fight going into 7th. I had JT winning the fight because of the knock down in the 2nd. The fact is this the only real mistake JT made was not respecting Kelly's right hand enough by keeping his hands to low. He was basically relying on his superior athletic ability to slip the Jab and right hand and for the most part it was working untill the 7th round. Most of the exchange he was winning and I noticed Kelly wincing in pain a few time from JT's hook to the body. He can win if he does what he is supposed to but you never know JT. He definitely has the tools to do it though.
Fitz
I will pick Pavlik in the rematch now, but I think people are too confident. Pavlik nearly had his lights turned out in the 2nd and up until the stoppage, the fight was pretty close. No way Pavlik dominated the fight up until he stopped him, sure he started taking over in the last couple, but I thought the fight was close. I will pick Pavlik (might change come fight time) this time around, but I'm not writing Taylor off.
BrutalBodyShots
I think a huge factor going into the rematch will be confidence... specifically the LACK of confidence on Taylor's part. Any fighter getting back into the ring after their first loss, and a KO loss at that has got to be questioning themself... ESPECIALLY when it's against the same guy that just stopped you. I think if anything Taylor will be more tentative in the fight and that will just give Pavlik more opportunities to lead which is his game. Once those right hands start catching Taylor (and they will) he's going to be questioning himself, remembering the previous time he was stopped. Also if he does hurt Pavlik like he did in the first fight, he needs to FINISH him... but he's too concerned now about blowing his wad so I see him possibly letting Pavlik off the hook if he does get him rattled. There are a lot of question marks surrounding Taylor in this fight, but with Pavlik you know what you're going to get.

BigG
Yeah, I pick Pavlik by stoppage, but you can't count Taylor out for the simple fact that he Pavlik flopping all over the ring from right hands in round 2 of their fight. They can both hurt each other.
The Original MrFactor
Pavlik vs Kessler would be interesting...
Fitz
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 18 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]371021[/snapback]
Pavlik vs Kessler would be interesting...

Maybe. I would confidently pick Kessler to beat Pavlik though.
BigG
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 18 2007, 07:12 AM) [snapback]371028[/snapback]
Maybe. I would confidently pick Kessler to beat Pavlik though.

Same here...
Method
I think Pavlik needs to concentrate 110% on Taylor, as I do NOT think a victory over Taylor is a foregone conclusion. After that, assuming he's successful, then look at match ups. But for now, focus on Taylor.
Col Reb
I'd like to see him fight Abraham and unify.
georg
I think Kessler would win,here why

Kessler holds the advantages in speed, accuracy, technical skill, defense, physical strength, the jab, and chin. Pavlik would have the edge in power and punch variation, but that's it. Kessler would be the one to establish his jab and Pavlik is too straight-up and easy to hit. Kessler doesn't have much head movement either, but he uses his feet to get out of range and can pick of shots at a higher degree of success. Expect Pavlik to get nailed with quick 1-2s as he follows Kessler around the ring. His hands aren't as fast, so Kessler would do some nice countering work, probably catching Pavlik with punches he doesn't see coming.

Another thing to think about is Kessler's lateral movement that he has shown before. Pavlik is too straight forward and would find himself off balance due to Kessler's movement and ability to dictate the tempo/pace of the fight.

He would get worn down, outclassed, and stopped in the mid rounds.What are one of those crushing right uppercuts going to do to Pavlik? I think he drops.
Kessler TKO6 (maybe earlier)

Anyone disagree? fuck.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 20 2007, 04:08 AM) [snapback]371414[/snapback]
I don't see how he would lose to a guy that looks like he is battling aids.

LOL... not sure about that part of your argument Fitz.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.