Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saw I am Legend tonight
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
stateofthegame
I saw this tonight and I enjoyed the movie a lot better than I did the short story. To me it has a few of the book details in it but in order for the book to work as a movie the changes (there are a lot of them) are necessary for the film to work in today's society. Anyway without giving away anything it was a lot better than I expected.
BGv2.0
Liked the film.....BUT...as is becoming par for the course....the ending sucked! BUT...at least it was there unlike No Country....
Bill The Butcher
Cool, I've been hearing mixed reviews about this one. But I still want to check it out. I'm a fan of survival movies. I might wait a couple of weeks before seeing it.
Warlord
QUOTE(stateofthegame @ Dec 15 2007, 02:29 AM) [snapback]370636[/snapback]
I saw this tonight and I enjoyed the movie a lot better than I did the short story. To me it has a few of the book details in it but in order for the book to work as a movie the changes (there are a lot of them) are necessary for the film to work in today's society. Anyway without giving away anything it was a lot better than I expected.

I Am Legend was a complete novel, not a short story. And Will Smith is still gay. That is all. Carry on.
Warlord
QUOTE(Bill The Butcher @ Dec 15 2007, 01:41 PM) [snapback]370714[/snapback]
Cool, I've been hearing mixed reviews about this one. But I still want to check it out. I'm a fan of survival movies. I might wait a couple of weeks before seeing it.

Check out Battle Royale if you like survival movies, Bill. Grade A stuff.
BigJuicyHog
Both my girlfriend and I enjoyed the movie, but she felt depressed afterwards. I guess end of of civilization can do that
Mean Mister Mustard
Did not see the movie but heard about the ending. I like the ending of the book much better.
ROLL DEEP
Wathced American Gangster last night (which I thought was pretty good) and the trailor for I Am Legend was on before hand. It looks really good. I'll definately check it out when its released.

Is it like Omega Man?
Bill The Butcher
QUOTE(Warlord @ Dec 16 2007, 11:01 PM) [snapback]370881[/snapback]
Check out Battle Royale if you like survival movies, Bill. Grade A stuff.

Yeah, I've been wanting to see that one.
dbdbdb
I thought it needed more plot development in the area of what happened leading to current events. And I didn't like the ending either.

I think whats hurting movies like this, is the notion that moviegoers don't want to sit in a theater longer than 90min. So most if not all movies try to wrap it up at 90min or shortly thereafter. Cutting out alot of the plot, story and substance that really make up the overall story.

Which was the case with this movie, they cut out alot of the substance to make it shorter.

B+ Rating in my book ....... worth a night out with the lady.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.