Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paulie Malignaggi calling out Hatton
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Shsfk8Zotek

LOL Paulie..

I hope this happens. I think he has the style to give Hatton fits. I truly believe he is the best at 140 right now...with Hatton gone.
Fitz
He is quite greasy. Yuk.

But, yeah I think Hatton will move back down to 140 and probably one of the best fights there for him.

BigG
At 140, Hatton has Witter, Paulie, and Ricardo Torres.

I think he beats Torres....

Witter and Malignaggi give him fits. Witter because of his speed & power and Paulie because of his speed & defensive skills.

CyruS
Easy fight for Paulie.
salvador
The next guy Hatton fights is going to be a hell of a lot easier to hit than Malignaggi.
BigG
I could see Hatton fighting Torres or that other guy who beat M'Baye for the WBA title.....
Spreadking3rd
I think Kendall Holt knocks Hatton out !

come on Kendall.......so what you got hit in the face with a beer during your fight down in Columbia.

Manchester is much nicer.

Witter the Hitter and Paulie would be good even match-ups with Richard " The Molester " Hatton
Blayde
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]370922[/snapback]
I could see Hatton fighting Torres or that other guy who beat M'Baye for the WBA title.....

Gavin Rees is coming to Germany on the Chagaev-Skelton undercard to defend his title against Kotelnik. Kotelnik beat Abdulaev and feels he got robbed 3 times against M'Baye. I think thats a pretty interesting remathc and many people pick Kotelnik to finally win a title. M'Baye looked like shit against Rees.

Id like to see all these fights with Hatton. Malignaggi, Witter, Torres, Rees/Kotelnik, Holt ... And I think Malignaggi and Witter definitely stand a chance to beat him. Actually I think Witter would have a pretty good chance to even KO Hatton.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 17 2007, 04:26 AM) [snapback]370900[/snapback]
He is quite greasy. Yuk.

Funny Stuff thumbsup_anim.gif Fitz

I hope fighter's aren't thinking Hatton to be a wounded duck. Sure hes hurt mentally, but losing to the best out there is nothing to be ashamed of. And as soon as he realizes that fact ........ he will be back with a vengence. And I pity the fool who gets in the ring with him next.

Hatton Win over anyone he fights next.
salvador
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 17 2007, 12:07 PM) [snapback]370927[/snapback]
Hatton Win over anyone he fights next.

...assuming that he doesn't fight Malignaggi.
kidbazooka1
Hatton by ugly UD.
Elijah
"Early indications in the direction of Ricky Hatton's career were revealed by his lawyer Gareth Williams to the London Telegraph. According to Williams, "The Hitman" will likely defend his IBO belt in the UK then face IBF junior welterweight champion Paul Malignaggi at Madison Square Garden later in the year. Williams also stated that Hatton will not face hated rival WBC super lightweight champion Junior Witter. "Ricky will never fight Junior Witter, as long as he keeps attacking him in public," he is quoted as saying.

Malignaggi (23-1, 5 KOs) will defend his title against IBF #1 mandatory challenger Herman Ngoudjo (16-1, 9 KOs) on January 5 at Bally’s in Atlantic City in the first big fight of 2008."

Let's not get carried away here. Hatton just lost to the best boxer on the planet, doesn't mean he can't beat another slick boxer. PM has absolutely nothing to keep Hatton off of him or from constantly coming forward. He's not as sharp of a puncher as Floyd either. I think Hatton wins by late KO based on his workrate and just constant pressure.
singletrack
QUOTE(Elijah @ Dec 18 2007, 12:26 PM) [snapback]371075[/snapback]
"Early indications in the direction of Ricky Hatton's career were revealed by his lawyer Gareth Williams to the London Telegraph. According to Williams, "The Hitman" will likely defend his IBO belt in the UK then face IBF junior welterweight champion Paul Malignaggi at Madison Square Garden later in the year. Williams also stated that Hatton will not face hated rival WBC super lightweight champion Junior Witter. "Ricky will never fight Junior Witter, as long as he keeps attacking him in public," he is quoted as saying.

Malignaggi (23-1, 5 KOs) will defend his title against IBF #1 mandatory challenger Herman Ngoudjo (16-1, 9 KOs) on January 5 at Bally’s in Atlantic City in the first big fight of 2008."
Let's not get carried away here. Hatton just lost to the best boxer on the planet, doesn't mean he can't beat another slick boxer. PM has absolutely nothing to keep Hatton off of him or from constantly coming forward. He's not as sharp of a puncher as Floyd either. I think Hatton wins by late KO based on his workrate and just constant pressure.

I'll be rooting for Paulie...and for a good ref selection. I agree that Paulie doesn't have enough power to keep Hatton off, but he didn't have that against Cotto either and he was able to take HUGE shots and hang in there and even win a good amount of rounds. I don't see Paulie getting KOed; he's just too tough. It should be a good fight and I hope the odds heavily favor Hatton ; )

As for the Junior Witter comment, that's pretty hilarious - he'll fight the guy as soon as he stops talking about him? If other fighters had applied that rule, we would have missed out on some of the best fights of the century.
Elijah
How long are people gonna use the "but he made it till the end with Cotto" crutch for this guy? Styles make fights and RARELY in boxing can you use the logic of he beat this guy so he should beat this guy. People seem to use that too much on this board.
Elijah
Let's say for instance PM wins a very very close decision against Herman Ngoudjo. Say the deicision could go either way (as I think will be the case with most of PMs matches). Are people going to say well since Ngoudjo managed to give PM a tough fight that PM managed to win by close decision that Ngoudjo should be considered a threat to Cotto because of that? To me, applying this logic in boxing isn't the way to go when comparing boxers and their potential fights.
BigG
Malignaggi survived a beating from Cotto dude. He's a tough guy...I think he's going to beat Herman without much problem.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 18 2007, 02:41 PM) [snapback]371091[/snapback]
Malignaggi survived a beating from Cotto dude. He's a tough guy...I think he's going to beat Herman without much problem.

Who's Herman haha.gif
singletrack
QUOTE(Elijah @ Dec 18 2007, 02:32 PM) [snapback]371088[/snapback]
How long are people gonna use the "but he made it till the end with Cotto" crutch for this guy? Styles make fights and RARELY in boxing can you use the logic of he beat this guy so he should beat this guy. People seem to use that too much on this board.

Ummmm...it's a good measuring stick for how much punishment he can take and how tough he is...
dbdbdb
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 17 2007, 11:14 AM) [snapback]370933[/snapback]
...assuming that he doesn't fight Malignaggi.

If this fight is anywhere near the UK, you best believe that Hatton will be in full mauling mode and the ref's will allow it. The only way Paulie has a shot is to insist that the fight be in the US.

But, I can tell you that the Brits are pissed that Hatton loss, and whomever hatton fights next will be 1. in the UK, 2. The Ref will be a Hatton Ref. 3. Hatton will win in the most ugly, brutal fashion.

BigG
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 18 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]371093[/snapback]
Who's Herman haha.gif

laugh.gif

Paulie is going to beat Herman Ngoudjo's ass
Elijah
Again "Are people going to say well since Ngoudjo managed to give PM a tough fight that PM managed to win by close decision that Ngoudjo should be considered a threat to Cotto because of that?"

PM hasn't beat ANYONES ass yet, he did however get his ass beat against Cotto. Never seen so much hype over a guy because of the beating he managed to endure.
BigG
Well, he beat Lovemore N'Dous ass...and even dropped him.
salvador
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 18 2007, 04:00 PM) [snapback]371096[/snapback]
If this fight is anywhere near the UK, you best believe that Hatton will be in full mauling mode and the ref's will allow it. The only way Paulie has a shot is to insist that the fight be in the US.

But, I can tell you that the Brits are pissed that Hatton loss, and whomever hatton fights next will be 1. in the UK, 2. The Ref will be a Hatton Ref. 3. Hatton will win in the most ugly, brutal fashion.

I agree that Hatton will win his next fight by ko. But like I said above, he'll be fighting a guy who's easy to hit to guarantee that Hatton gets the ko - and that ain't Malignaggi. That's all I'm saying.

And as far as a Hatton ref in England, I still see Malignaggi winning the fight when it happens. I don't think Hatton landed more than 2 or 3 clean punches a round against Floyd - if that many. Malignaggi ain't no Floyd, but he does have a better defense/counter style than anyone other than Floyd that Ricky's fought. I see Malignaggi's counters landing at a much higher rate than Ricky's bodyshots. The only way I can see Hatton winning is if he has the judges on his side as well, cause it will be going to the scorecards.

Maxy
QUOTE(dbdbdb @ Dec 18 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]371096[/snapback]

I don't think anyone is that pissed off that Hatton got beat. Yeah, to the hardcore Hatton fans, the ones who were blinded by their love for him and genuinely thought he'd win...maybe they are pissed off but they are in the minority. Most people just accept that Mayweather was too clever for him, too good for him.

His next fight will be in the UK, I'm pretty sure of it, unless a deal is struck to face Malignaggi because that will be in America. No doubt about it. The talk seems to be that he'll defend his IBO title which basically means he'll have a tune-up type bout against an opponent he'll beat....a confidence booster if you like. If it is that type of fight you will see Hatton box like he used to do prior to the Tzsyu fight and beat someone rather easily without the need to hold so much. It'll hide the fact that he's deteriorated big time.

All in all I'm now convinced that Hatton is past his best. I bought into the excuses about him having flu when he boxed Urango, and being underprepared when he boxed Collazo, but his performance, or lack of, against Mayweather was so poor I have to think he's pretty much finished. Plus I'm totally disappointed that he is still refusing to box Witter. It makes more sense to fight Junior than it does Malignaggi or anyone else but its too risky so he won't do it. Disappointing.
dbdbdb
I think Hatton is far from finished, he has an awesome work ethic and he has heart. He just has to develop an outside game, stop smothering his own offense and use some defence once in awhile.

During the fight with floyd, he was smothering his offense totally by being in way too close and staying in too close. And he was throwing blind shots not knowing or even caring where they landed.

I'm not a fan of hattons style of boxing, but I give him alot of credit for his heart and willingness to go the extra mile. He would be a problem for anybody if he just stopped all the holding and learn how to use all that energy to his advantgage. He walks\practically runs in head first & straight up ..... and any clever boxer out there will nail him coming in everytime.

Hatton needs to rework his style NOW NOT LATER, or else everyone out there from this point on, is going to try to use the same blueprint that floyd used to defeat him. And that includes Paulie.
Fitz
QUOTE(Elijah @ Dec 19 2007, 07:15 AM) [snapback]371100[/snapback]
Again "Are people going to say well since Ngoudjo managed to give PM a tough fight that PM managed to win by close decision that Ngoudjo should be considered a threat to Cotto because of that?"

PM hasn't beat ANYONES ass yet, he did however get his ass beat against Cotto. Never seen so much hype over a guy because of the beating he managed to endure.

lol, tell me about it. I am not saying Paulie is a bad boxer either, but I hate it when people rate fighters on a losing performance. I could understand if he made a name for himself before that, but he hadn't really and now he is known as the guy that did good when he received a beating from Cotto.
Weren't people saying the same thing about Torres after his good showing with Cotto? Saying he would have been better if he trained more, and look how much he sucked after when he fought Mike Arnaoutis. Never rate fighters on losing performances. Unless they had done something good prior to that, something like a good win.
hardhead
QUOTE(Maxy @ Dec 18 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]371106[/snapback]
I don't think anyone is that pissed off that Hatton got beat. Yeah, to the hardcore Hatton fans, the ones who were blinded by their love for him and genuinely thought he'd win...maybe they are pissed off but they are in the minority. Most people just accept that Mayweather was too clever for him, too good for him.

His next fight will be in the UK, I'm pretty sure of it, unless a deal is struck to face Malignaggi because that will be in America. No doubt about it. The talk seems to be that he'll defend his IBO title which basically means he'll have a tune-up type bout against an opponent he'll beat....a confidence booster if you like. If it is that type of fight you will see Hatton box like he used to do prior to the Tzsyu fight and beat someone rather easily without the need to hold so much. It'll hide the fact that he's deteriorated big time.

All in all I'm now convinced that Hatton is past his best. I bought into the excuses about him having flu when he boxed Urango, and being underprepared when he boxed Collazo, but his performance, or lack of, against Mayweather was so poor I have to think he's pretty much finished. Plus I'm totally disappointed that he is still refusing to box Witter. It makes more sense to fight Junior than it does Malignaggi or anyone else but its too risky so he won't do it. Disappointing.

I too would like to see him face Witter, but I don't think Hatton is finished, we will see though, maybe he is, you never know how guys will deal with that first big loss.
salvador
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 18 2007, 08:26 PM) [snapback]371173[/snapback]
I am not saying Paulie is a bad boxer either, but I hate it when people rate fighters on a losing performance.

I know it's not quite the same thing because bravery is different than skill and talent, but I think that you never really know what fighters have until you see how they lose. I think Vargas' best night was against Tito, Nelson's was against Sanchez, Tito's was against Hopkins ect. - and the same goes the other way, with Jones' late round performance in the 3rd Tarver fight being equally important.

What Malignaggi's performance against Cotto showed was that he could keep his cool, hold his own, and maintain his skills against one of the hardest p4p punchers around even when he was hurt. The reason that's relavant against Hatton is because Hatton ain't no Cotto and if Malignaggi's skills work against a better fighter than Hatton with the same basic style (though Cotto really is so much better than Hatton that the comparison is a but unfair to Cotto), then we know Malignaggi's style will work well against Hatton.

And nobody thought Torres was great. Torres was on his way to getting ko'd until he landed one lucky punch. That's very different than going 12 close rounds with a p4p guy after being down in the 2nd - especially given that Malignaggi didn't have any power, just skill.
Blayde
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 19 2007, 03:03 PM) [snapback]371224[/snapback]
And nobody thought Torres was great. Torres was on his way to getting ko'd until he landed one lucky punch. That's very different than going 12 close rounds with a p4p guy after being down in the 2nd - especially given that Malignaggi didn't have any power, just skill.

One lucky punch is not right though. Torres just won every exchange on the inside because of his faster hands against Cotto.
salvador
QUOTE(Blayde @ Dec 19 2007, 12:18 PM) [snapback]371241[/snapback]
One lucky punch is not right though. Torres just won every exchange on the inside because of his faster hands against Cotto.

Maybe my memory is going, but I seem to remember Cotto winning comfortably until Torres landed one huge punch that Cotto never saw in about the 4th. I could be wrong.
Douchebag
QUOTE(salvador @ Dec 19 2007, 05:27 PM) [snapback]371325[/snapback]
Maybe my memory is going, but I seem to remember Cotto winning comfortably until Torres landed one huge punch that Cotto never saw in about the 4th. I could be wrong.

Thats what I remember also.
singletrack
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 18 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]371101[/snapback]
Well, he beat Lovemore N'Dous ass...and even dropped him.

Yah that was total domination.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.