Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Controversial Decisions...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
Hopkins-Taylor I
DLH-Mosley II
Morales-Barrera II
DLH-Quartey

115-113 Hopkins
114-114 Even
116-113 Morales
115-112 Quartey
Fitz
I can't remember my exact scores, but I scored it for Hopkins I think maybe 115-113, DLH 116-112 over Mosley and I think I scored Barrera 115-113 over Morales. Can't remember, but the scores would be close to that.
I would like to watch Morales-Barrera II again, but I scored all 3 fights to Barrera. I think I am one of the very few that did.
BigG
I think Morales was robbed in fight 2.

He was also robbed of a knockdown in round 7.

Barrera clearly won fight 3 by winning most of the early-middle rounds.

Fight 1 was very close. Most seem to think Barrera won though.
Chi-Town
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:06 AM) [snapback]370911[/snapback]
Hopkins-Taylor I
DLH-Mosley II
Morales-Barrera II
DLH-Quartey
115-113 Hopkins
114-114 Even
116-113 Morales
115-112 Quartey

Great topic. I actually keep my scorecards in the sleeve with the VHS cassettes I record the fights on. I had:

115-113 Taylor
115-113 DLH
116-113 Morales
114-113 DLH
BigJuicyHog
Hopkins 115-113
DeLaHoya 116-112
Barrera 115-113
Jack 1000
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:06 AM) [snapback]370911[/snapback]
Hopkins-Taylor I
DLH-Mosley II
Morales-Barrera II
DLH-Quartey

Great topic George!

Some I recall my exact scores and some I remember who I had winning but that's all.

Hopkins-Taylor I: 115-113 Taylor. Like Leonard-Hagler I this match and the second fight (which I also had Taylor winning) have about a 50/50 split. I thought Bernard was doing what he needed to do to win the fight in the later rounds, but Taylor took a little more early rounds to take the win.

Delahoya-Mosley II: 115-113 Delahoya. Mosley did well in the later rounds, but Delahoya did just a little better in the early rounds to take the fight.

Morales-Barrera II: Agreed with the judges, 115-113 Barrera. Both did well, but I thought Barrera did a little more. I had the first fight a draw because I did not score the 12th round as a 10-8 round because the knockdown was a slip. But I don't think Morales won the first fight. But no way did Barrera win the first fight by the margin Harold Lederman had either!

Delahoya-Quartey: Quartey by a point 115-114. I would accept a draw to a two point win for Delahoya, but no more than that. (One judge had Oscar by 3 points, the other by 4.) Not an outrage, but too wide.

I'm adding three more fights to the list:

Whitaker-Chavez: Of course this was no draw, but it wasn't the blowout that Max Kellerman and his bed partner Ring Magazine had either. I had it for Sweat Pea 116-113 Chavez had some moments and it was a very good fight! But shutouts to 118-110 type cards for Whitaker, Can't see that at all. A much bigger robbery for Whitaker was the first Rameriz fight that I had scored (I think) 117-111 for Pernell.

Leonard-Hagler: I always have it 115-113 Leonard every time I watch. Hagler didn't do enough in the later rounds.

Trinidad-Delahoya: 116-113 Delahoya: Yes, because of Gil Clancy telling him to, Oscar did run the last three rounds, (even though judge Bob Logist gave him the 12th, admitting later that he "must have lost concentration." Surprised because he is good.) The first two rounds tell a story of this fight as to how hard they were to score and why they make even MORE of a difference in scoring divergence than the last three rounds. Once again, we have 50/50 Leonard-Hagler scoring, BUT the first round was split three ways by all three judges:

Delahoya on one card, Even on the other, Trinidad on the other. (I scored it even, which is VERY RARE for me, which tells you how close this round was.) I recently scored the 7th round of Cotto-Mosley even as well, as did one of the judges.

In round two, all three judges went for Trinidad, The key round in the scoring. I scored it for Delahoya as did Harold Lederman. Mix rounds 1-2 by giving them to Tito and he wins the fight, which I can accept. Yes, there was so much discussion of Delahoya running in rounds 10-12, but no one wants to talk about the scoring of the first two rounds. Those rounds because of their closeness, are the pivotal rounds in evaluating this fight.

The big question for every fight fan is, what would have happened if these matches where fought under the old 15-round distance?

Jack
Nobudius
In Leonard/Hagler, I actually thought Hagler did NOTHING in the first few rounds. If there were three additional rounds, he may have won it.

If Chavez/Taylor was 15 rounds, it may have not proved to be... controversial.

I tend to notice that the Barrera & Morales trilogy go all over the place in regards to who won which fight.

If we still had 15 rounds, I would favor X in many fights RIGHT NOW. And this is odd, considering he is an old geezer.

Spreadking3rd
Hopkins-Taylor I I had it 115-113 Taylor,,,,the fraud didn't want to fight
DLH-Mosley II I had it like 115-114 for Shane....could have went either way, close
Morales-Barrera II never scored it.......i thought Morales won when I first watched it.
DLH-Quartey I thought Quartey won it by 1 point
BrutalBodyShots
I thought that Morales clearly beat Barrera in their second meeting. I thought Barrera won fights 1 and 3 though.

PR316
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 17 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]370951[/snapback]
Trinidad-Delahoya: 116-113 Delahoya: Yes, because of Gil Clancy telling him too, Oscar did run the last three rounds, (even though judge Bob Logist gave him the 12th, admitting later that he "must have lost concentration." Surprised because he is good. The first two rounds tell a story of this fight as to how hard they were to score and why they make even MORE of a difference in scoring divergence than the last three rounds. Once again, we have 50/50 Leonard-Hagler scoring, BUT the first round was split three ways by all three judges:

Delahoya on one card, Even on the other, Trinidad on the other. (I scored it even, which is VERY RARE for me, which tells you how close this round was.) I recently scored the 7th round of Cotto-Mosley even as well, as did one of the judges.

In round two, all three judges went for Trinidad, The key round in the scoring. I scored it for Delahoya as did Harold Lederman. Mix rounds 1-2 by giving them to Tito and he wins the fight, which I can accept. Yes, there was so much discussion of Delahoya running in rounds 10-12, but no one wants to talk about the scoring of the first two rounds. Those rounds because of their closeness, are the pivotal rounds in evaluating this fight.

The big question for every fight fan is, what would have happened if these matches where fought under the old 15-round distance?

Jack

Interesting points. I hate scoring even rounds so I stay away from it Here's how I scored the rounds...

Round 1- Trinidad. Very uneventful round though with Oscar just looking to stay away.
Round 2- De La Hoya but very close. Trinidad landed better powershots in that round but Oscar's jab and late round flurry just edged it.
Round 3- De La Hoya. Clear round for Oscar with good boxing.
Round 4- Trinidad. Close but clear. Tito landed better shots and Oscar only jabbed and moved.
Round 5- De La Hoya but close. Oscar landed harder shots and left Tito's left eye swollen
Round 6- De La Hoya again. Clear round for him where he was in total control.
Round 7- De La Hoya. Close though. Tito landed some good shots and had Oscar on the backfoot.
Round 8- Trinidad. Close and could go either way. Tito chased and Oscar just ran away and missed with horribly inaccurate shots.
Round 9- De La Hoya. Close round though. Oscar did better work here but appeared to be tiring as Trinidad landed some very good shots and swelled Oscar's eye with right hands.
Round 10- Trinidad. Practically chased Oscar out of the ring.
Round 11- Trinidad. Oscar just running and jabbing and Tito connecting with good shots.
Round 12- Trinidad. Oscar just staying away and smiling everytime Tito hits him.

114 114 draw.

Close fight that could have gone either way. Oscar looked better, but didn't do enough in my eyes. Tito didn't look great at all but his constant pressure won over the judges I think.

Had this been a 15 round fight, I think Tito either stops Oscar on the ropes in the 14th, or just wins via clear decision.
STEVENSKI
Hopkins-Taylor I
I had 115-113 Taylor but can see the argument for X
DLH-Mosley II
Clear 115-113 for DLH
Morales-Barrera II
Morales close but clear
DLH-Quartey
Quartey by 1 point possibly a draw though.
ghost13
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2007, 05:06 AM) [snapback]370911[/snapback]
Hopkins-Taylor I
DLH-Mosley II
Morales-Barrera II
DLH-Quartey
115-113 Hopkins
114-114 Even
116-113 Morales
115-112 Quartey

I had Taylor, Mosley, Morales and Quartey winning. Don't remember the scores
Imperius3
Hopkins-Taylor I
115-113 Hopkins

DLH-Mosley II
115-113 DLH

Morales-Barrera II
115-113 Barrera

DLH-Quartey
113-112 Quartey

DLH-Trinidad
115-113 DLH
Fitz
Nice Jack, I notice we score fights pretty similar. I too had DLH over Mosley, Hopkins over Taylor, Barrera over Morales, Leonard over Hagler and DLH over Trinidad. All by nearly the same scores as well.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2007, 08:06 AM) [snapback]370911[/snapback]
Hopkins-Taylor I
DLH-Mosley II
Morales-Barrera II
DLH-Quartey

LOL. I'm almost ashamed to admit I had the same guy winning each fight who got the official decision. I had Taylor over Hopkins, Mosley over Oscar, Barrera over Morales and Oscar over Ike. I must be a company man after all.

Unlike most people though while I had Taylor beating X the first time I thought X won the rematch. Both fights were so uneventful though, it was hard to be too happy or upset with the cards, IMO.

I also had Barrera beating Morales 3 for 3.
and the NEW
QUOTE(Chi-Town @ Dec 17 2007, 04:07 PM) [snapback]370928[/snapback]
Great topic. I actually keep my scorecards in the sleeve with the VHS cassettes I record the fights on. I had:

115-113 Taylor
115-113 DLH
114-113 DLH

I had the same fighters and by the same margins.
Fitz
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 19 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]371105[/snapback]
I also had Barrera beating Morales 3 for 3.

Nice, looks like I'm not the only one.
hardhead
The one that sticks out the most for me in recent memory is the DLH/Mosley II I remember I think I had DLH up clearly like 8-4...
BigJuicyHog
Althought it wasnt a huge fight, I think I scored Medina -Tapia 118-110 for Medina. Tapia got completly outboxed and certainly didnt deserve to win the fight for winning the last round. Have any of you seen this highway robbery.
Jack 1000
QUOTE(BigJuicyHog @ Dec 19 2007, 10:52 AM) [snapback]371255[/snapback]
Althought it wasnt a huge fight, I think I scored Medina -Tapia 118-110 for Medina. Tapia got completly outboxed and certainly didnt deserve to win the fight for winning the last round. Have any of you seen this highway robbery.

Yes,

And at the time, Murad Muhammad was promoting Tapia, who's wife just happend to be now IBF President Marion Muhammad. So it was rumored that they gave the fight to Tapia because he had stronger connections to the Promoter.

Jack
BigJuicyHog
That and Tapia had much more name recognition and appeal than Medina, who is a lifetime workhorse who piles up titles when you least expect it.
Jack 1000
What about Escalera-Everett?

I had heard so much about that decision being the all time worst in boxing history. When I watched it, I was expecting a Holmes-Cobb type fight in which Cobb got the decision. While Everett certainly should have won, I don't believe that it was the robbery that historians make it out to be. I think I had it for Everett 9-6 or something like that.

Jack
singletrack
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 17 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]370911[/snapback]
Hopkins-Taylor I
DLH-Mosley II
Morales-Barrera II
DLH-Quartey
115-113 Hopkins
114-114 Even
116-113 Morales
115-112 Quartey

I had Hopkins winning both Taylor fights - lost the score cards, but they were both pretty close.

I had DLH winning the second Mosley fight, although I didn't score it round by round (was on vacation). I still love the expression that came over Mosley's face when they announced the decision. It reminded me of a little kid getting an awesome present on xmas.

I didn't score the other two or watch them closely enough to give a legitimate opinion.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.