Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnQyHC86I8

Looks great thumbsup_anim.gif
ROLL DEEP
There is no way the Aliens would beat the Predators though.

Predators rule.

Predator KO1 Aliens.
BigG
Yup. This is actually a mismatch. Predator's have stealth. They made the Pred's seem weak as hell in the first movie though.
Method
Aliens beat the predators in the first movie? I didn't see it.

So what's up with this clip?

It starts out with an alien popping out of a predator? A dead predator I assume? And is that on a predator ship?

The clip was kind of all over the place....I guess at least to my untrained eye.

So what do they do? Wage their battle on earth, and all the humans are just innocent casualties of their war?
BigG
SPOILERS

There were 3 predators on the hunt ...and a SINGLE Alien killed 2 of the 3 at the start of the movie.

The one Predator was able to kill a good number of Aliens but a facehugger caught it and layed an egg in it. It was killed by the Queen in the end. The start of the 2nd movie is the alien popping out of the Pred that was killed by the queen.

BGv2.0
That age old question as to who would win of the 2 aliens....lol

There is no doubt that the Preditor's advanced technology and smarts give them the edge.

BUT....the aliens stay in the fight on 2 aspects alone....animalistc rage and sheer numbers.

Years ago they released the original script for the proposed AVP film.....that printed short script alone was 100x better than what we got with that last abortion.

Predators travel in clans, and they don't have huge numbers....and it takes a pretty big hunting party to handle a Queen alone......so a Queen, with hundreds of soldier aliens could very easily wipe out a clan of Preditors....but again....not due to skill....but simply numbers. I mean keep in mind for every damaging bloodletting blow you dish out...you get caustic acid that eats up everything in sight.

That first film could have been so much better with a better director and script writer.
Method
So has a queen died yet?

I still want to fuck Natasha Hendstrich in Species!!!!!!!!!!
Al Hata

One on One, I do not see how the Alien can beat the Predator.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Al Hata @ Dec 18 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]371135[/snapback]
One on One, I do not see how the Alien can beat the Predator.

No...one on one is very unrealistic.
dbdbdb
QUOTE(Method @ Dec 18 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]371129[/snapback]
I still want to fuck Natasha Hendstrich in Species!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in that line also Bro. ............. Absolutely Gorgeous with the perfect body. thumbsup_anim.gif

This movie clip looks good. I've been a fan of the Alien series from the beginning .... But I think they blew it in Alien v Predator I. It could have been a lot better had they used their imagination.
Fitz
Are these movies actually meant to be good? I have never seen one before. Or are they cheesy B grade action/horror movies like a lot of the others these days?
BGv2.0
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 18 2007, 08:01 PM) [snapback]371167[/snapback]
Are these movies actually meant to be good? I have never seen one before. Or are they cheesy B grade action/horror movies like a lot of the others these days?

Are you serious? Dude....the Alien series as well as the 2 Predator films are not cheap B-titles.....

I mean Mr. Titanic himself James Cameron directed the 2nd Alien film.....Ridley Scott the first.....The French Director that did City of Lost Children did the final one.

IMHO...the series took a serious dive with AVP.....for BOTH franchises.

Many people argue that the quality of the Alien series started to go down with the 3rd film.....which IMHO is a very underrated entry into the series....it was marred with production problems and problems with Directors....I think they even shelved most of the first version.

It was supposed to have a bunch of hybrid Aliens....even a "bull Alien" which saw production in the toy line only

AND....the whole reason this entire debate ever came to be...was sue to a little inside joke in the second Predator film....at the end of the film, within the Clan's spaceship.....you see abunch of trophy skulls on a wall...and one is without doubt an alien skull.....and thus the debate began.

You really should check them out....the effects still look current today...even in the first alien that was made in the 70's.

BigG
Just watch Predator I.

Pure classic.
BigG
Alien was classic but I liked the 2nd movie Aliens better
ROLL DEEP
Aren't the Predators supposed to hunt the Aliens for sport or something according to the comic books or whatever?
BigJuicyHog
Yes, the Predators hunt the Aliens as a ritual of passage or some shit like that.

As far as the movies, the first Alien movie was a great movie. The second movie, Aliens was even better (Paxton was great in the movie as well), the third one was OK, the forth one I thought was garbage with some decent action in it, and AVP was a piece of disgusting shit.

Both of the original Predator movies were pretty good, but I prefer the first one. They could have done so much better with AVP, and it was a huge letdown to anybody who is a fan of either series.
BigG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVARmq5ik64

Predator I..

The Predator hunts Alien and Humans for sport and then collects their skulls as trophies after the human/alien are slayed.
BrutalBodyShots
Predator 1 was awesome. I didn't like the second at all.

Aliens (the second) was the best of the series IMO. I liked 1 and 3 as well but nothing else.

The Original MrFactor
True Story about the 1st Alien film...

My mom took me to see it when I was 9 years old. She kept saying to me, it's just like Star Wars. Obviously she was jealous because my dad had taken me to see Star Wars and we had that Parent/Child bonding time. Boy was that a trainwreck...

We made it to the point of the chestburster before She and I started crying in horror. We both hauled ass up the aisle and left the theater.

I eventually watched it again when I was a little older. Alien was one of the best films of the 20th century in my opinion. Aliens was great too. Alien3, like one other poster said, was vastly underappreciated. I hated it coming out of the theater because it was damn depressing. I really like it now 12 or 13 years later. Alien4 really sucked ass. Predator's 1 & 2 were both great. P1 was by far the better of the 2.

AV)1 sucked ass.. Alien Franchise all rated R. Predator franchise all rated R. AVP1 rated PG-13. They obviosly made it as a popcorn flick for kids. AVP2 is rated R, but I think after the 1st one its too late to save this franchise.
BGv2.0
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 31 2007, 01:29 AM) [snapback]372998[/snapback]
True Story about the 1st Alien film...

My mom took me to see it when I was 9 years old. She kept saying to me, it's just like Star Wars. Obviously she was jealous because my dad had taken me to see Star Wars and we had that Parent/Child bonding time. Boy was that a trainwreck...

We made it to the point of the chestburster before She and I started crying in horror. We both hauled ass up the aisle and left the theater.

I eventually watched it again when I was a little older. Alien was one of the best films of the 20th century in my opinion. Aliens was great too. Alien3, like one other poster said, was vastly underappreciated. I hated it coming out of the theater because it was damn depressing. I really like it now 12 or 13 years later. Alien4 really sucked ass. Predator's 1 & 2 were both great. P1 was by far the better of the 2.

AV)1 sucked ass.. Alien Franchise all rated R. Predator franchise all rated R. AVP1 rated PG-13. They obviosly made it as a popcorn flick for kids. AVP2 is rated R, but I think after the 1st one its too late to save this franchise.

That's a funny ass story right there! Have you ever tried to get your mom to rewatch it? I agree with it being one of the best films in the last 50 years or so, if she has not tried you should really make an attempt to get her to finish it.

That response was not at all uncommon when it was released. Kenner had released the 18in toy version of it (what I myself consider to be one of the best most detailed toys ever made) They just about could not give that thing away at Toys are Us! lol It sat on shelves for about 3 years after the film was released and then eventually the price was slashed in bargin bins to simply get back much needed shelf space. That's why it's not uncommon to find boxed versions of the toy. It costs now though.

I remember my mom taking me to go see Heavy Metal! lol She told me it was a cartoon, once the taxi driver started to screw the big boobed chick...my mom told me we had to go, I begged her not to make me leave and that I would promise to cover my eyes.....she reluctantly agreed. And I kept peeking through my fingers at those HUGE titties throught the movie!!!!

Good times!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(BGv2.0 @ Jan 2 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]373245[/snapback]
That's a funny ass story right there! Have you ever tried to get your mom to rewatch it? I agree with it being one of the best films in the last 50 years or so, if she has not tried you should really make an attempt to get her to finish it.

That response was not at all uncommon when it was released. Kenner had released the 18in toy version of it (what I myself consider to be one of the best most detailed toys ever made) They just about could not give that thing away at Toys are Us! lol It sat on shelves for about 3 years after the film was released and then eventually the price was slashed in bargin bins to simply get back much needed shelf space. That's why it's not uncommon to find boxed versions of the toy. It costs now though.

I remember my mom taking me to go see Heavy Metal! lol She told me it was a cartoon, once the taxi driver started to screw the big boobed chick...my mom told me we had to go, I begged her not to make me leave and that I would promise to cover my eyes.....she reluctantly agreed. And I kept peeking through my fingers at those HUGE titties throught the movie!!!!

Good times!

Awww man Heavy Metal. Great flick... My mom is 60 years old now... Alien is not her cup of tea. She'd much rather watch a The Great Debators or a Morgan Freeman movie... I couldnt pay moms to sit thru Alien now. The Empire Strikes Back was released not too long after and she was happy to take me to see that...
BGv2.0
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Jan 6 2008, 09:25 PM) [snapback]373794[/snapback]
Awww man Heavy Metal. Great flick... My mom is 60 years old now... Alien is not her cup of tea. She'd much rather watch a The Great Debators or a Morgan Freeman movie... I couldnt pay moms to sit thru Alien now. The Empire Strikes Back was released not too long after and she was happy to take me to see that...

My mom is 63 and is Jonesin to see the new AVP! lol BUT...she's also into South Park, Drawn Together and AC/DC! lol

I can ONLY pray I'm still easily amused when I get that age! lol
gods son
where is this set? time, place??

BGv2.0
was really exicted about this one...as I had heard it "redeemed" the series from the awful filth that was AVP.

NO....it did not!

Granted....it's only a SLIGHTLY better film....and we are talking razor thin here in that fact.

This film suffers from some of the same problems that were in AVP. The camera work is AWFUL and the lighting was just as bad!

The fight scenes were way too confined....much like Transformers...you will find yourself struggling to figure out what's going on in that heap of arms and teeth....I myself think in this instance it's simply a way to avoid quality special effects up close. Every since 1998's Alien: Resurection the aliens have been CGI for many shots and it really takes away from their realism.

Compare the guys in latex suits in Alien and Aliens to the ones in the last two AVP films....and there is NO comparison!

The other MAJOR problem with this film is the continued practice of using second tier, Young adult actors and actresses....

Both the Alien franchise and the Predator films always had very strong adult human leads....Ripley, Arnold, Danny Glover, The prisoners in the 3rd Alien, Bill Paxton and the Marines in Aliens. With AVP AND in this one they seem to focus on teenagers....and IMHO it really sinks the integrity of the films...

It almost seems like it takes it to a slasher film level.....which is fine...IN A SLASHER film....but for me at least....does not work when placed in 2 well established Sci-Fi films.

The Preditor/Alien Hybrid was a real let down....mostly due to the fact I could hardly see it! (again...due to shoty camera work and bad lighting)

They fixed that problem when they released AVP on dvd....hopefully they will do the same with this one.

The only positives this film boasts over the last one is it does give a MUCH better account of the abilities of the Predators. You do get to see the Predator Home world, which was excellent. AND...it was rated R and there did seem to be much more blood in this one. Which really made many fans that loved AVP....hate this one.

Some people felt this film went too far in killing women, children and infants....BUT...I have to look at that as a positive, because with the Aliens animalistic nature....in reality...it would not be concerned for the age or gender of its incubation source.

If you take some aspects of both AVP films....and mix and match, you would have a pretty decent film.....but since we can't do that....we have 2 sub-par films.

They need to reboot this entire project and give it to a director that can make it all it could and SHOULD be. To hell with humans....Have an hour and a half of Alien/Pedator ass kicking.....no words spoken. If you just had to...MAYBE use subtitles for the Pedators lines to one another. Introduce the female Predators that often go along for the hunt and are just as strong as their male counter parts. Show the sickingly painful braiding process all Predators must go through as a right of passage....and finally an Alien homeworld, with different factions, with different Queens...much like ant colonies...and last but not least the King Alien.
imperial
This franchis is in desperate need of the Ridley Scott Touch !!!!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.