Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins v.s. Pavlick
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
This of course is assuming Hopkins beats Calzaghe and Pavlick beats Taylor like I predict. This I feel would be a good fight. Hopkins rough-house style, defensive genius, and iron chin along with that quick right hand v.s. a guy who is very tough, well-rounded, and likes to stalk his opponents. In the end I would have to say Hopkins would take it. He wouldnt be giving up that much on size, and I have seen no-one who is able to really land cleanly on him or make him fight their fight. Of course the logic is that Hopkins cant do it forever and age is gonna catch up with him one day. I tend to beleive what he say's- "I could fight 3-4 more years if I want." I would give Pavlick only a punchers chance, but I think it would be a good fight! Hopkins w12 thumbsup_anim.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
I'd rather see Hopkins retire if he beats Calzaghe. If he beats The Welsshman, Hopkins would have beaten Trinidad, DLH, Tarver and Wright making him the absolute best fighter if his era. The Ghost is not yet as established as Calzaghe is, long reign 2 big wins, so I really do not see why Hops would have any incentive in fighting him, unless he thought that by beating him he would avenge his 2 losses to Taylor.

By the way, it's Pavlik not Pavlick.
singletrack
I think Bhop should have retired after the Wright fight based on what I saw. If he is really going to fight Cal, then he should retire after that fight. So no, at this point, I don't want to see this fight. But who knows, maybe he will look amazing against Cal and show no indications of being mortal.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 18 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]371077[/snapback]

Thank you. I was biting my tongue for a few days now.

The Original MrFactor
I'm interested to see ho an old Hopkins deals with a plodding methodical KO puncher at this stage of his career. It could be a very enetertaining fight. I dont see Hopkins coming back to 160 to do it though...
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 18 2007, 08:29 PM) [snapback]371190[/snapback]
Thank you. I was biting my tongue for a few days now.

oh thats cute thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 18 2007, 11:42 AM) [snapback]371077[/snapback]
I'd rather see Hopkins retire if he beats Calzaghe. If he beats The Welsshman, Hopkins would have beaten Trinidad, DLH, Tarver and Wright making him the absolute best fighter if his era. The Ghost is not yet as established as Calzaghe is, long reign 2 big wins, so I really do not see why Hops would have any incentive in fighting him, unless he thought that by beating him he would avenge his 2 losses to Taylor.

thanks for the correction clapping.gif but how about my boy B-Hop retiring where he should have...atop the middleweight division!
Mean Mister Mustard
I think if he would have beaten Taylor he would have still moved up to 175 and fought Tarver.

I for one am glad Hop moved up. I remember the big debate after he beat DLH, people were saying Hopkins was not great because he had never fought bigger men. Now that argument is worth shit but people are now saying that Tarver was old and that he had never beaten anyone. Imagine B-HOps reputation if he had not moved up.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 20 2007, 07:57 AM) [snapback]371424[/snapback]
I think if he would have beaten Taylor he would have still moved up to 175 and fought Tarver.

I for one am glad Hop moved up. I remember the big debate after he beat DLH, people were saying Hopkins was not great because he had never fought bigger men. Now that argument is worth shit but people are now saying that Tarver was old and that he had never beaten anyone. Imagine B-HOps reputation if he had not moved up.

Well yeah I would agree he probably would have still moved up because at that time there would have been noone left at middlweight. However, personally I dont think that his rep would've really been damaged. He owned the middleweight division for years not because he was a big 160, but because of his skill. He was never a k.o. artist or anything like that he just flat out out-boxed people and made alot of them look bad with his defensive style.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 19 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]371331[/snapback]
oh thats cute thumbsup_anim.gif

At least you got a 6 letter name down now!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.