Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Margarito-Judah?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
rymal21
Not sure if this had already been discussed (apologies if it has), but Kim reported on the boards over at Max that it looks like Marg-Castillo is off and Judah is now being discussed as the replacement in March.

Any thoughts? I think Margarito's too much, but it should be fun while it lasts. A doubleheader of Cotto-Clottey and Margarito-Judah might make for a nice night.
BigG
Margarito is a little too big and strong for Judah...although I definitely think Margarito will get rocked bad in the early rounds. The speed difference will be great.
dbdbdb
Good fight up to the 2nd round, then Zab will start breaking down mentally and Margarito will start beating the crap out of judah till he quits.

Predictable fight.
BigG
Judah's not a quitter though...the man took a terrible beating from Cotto and kept fighting til the end.

Judah shouldn't be at 147..he can dominate 140. All the top WW's out there beat Judah IMO (Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley, Williams, and even slowass Tony).

JD
LOL...poor Zab. Let's give this guy a full year of easy fights, the guy does not need any of the top welters right now...I am not so certain he will recover from the Cotto fight anyway, so why not at least give him every opportunity to.
Southeastpaw
Gotta hand it to Zab though. He ain't backin down from nobody. If he was just mentally strong, his speed and movement coud win him a fight against Margarito. But I expect to see Zab laid out around 6 or 7 if this fight comes off.
BigG
But Tony with his wide, SLOW hooks could get him countered big time and possibly rocked. Say what you want about Zab, but the man can PUNCH...there is no question about that. But yeah, the pressure will be too much for Judah in the end...just as it was against Cotto. I don't believe Tony is in Cotto's level skillwise but he does have the size and strenght. Tony is like 5'10 or 5'11 while Judah is about as tall as Hatton and Cotto. Who will I be rooting for, Zab of course to absolutely destory Margarito.

I think Judah will probably be up 3-0 after 3...then Margarito would hurt Judah to the body often...wear him down..and stop him by 8.
Method
Judah gonna get beat up.

Anyone got a fork? Feel free t stick it in Judah.
Big Slim Sweet
I'm on board with everyone else. Easy fight to predict. A tale of two fights. Zab dominates early. Margarito punishes him late.

QUOTE(rymal21 @ Dec 20 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]371432[/snapback]
A doubleheader of Cotto-Clottey and Margarito-Judah might make for a nice night.

A doubleheader of Cotto-Margarito and Clottey-Judah sounds a tiny bit better.
BigG
I'd like to see Judah take out Cintron....
BigJuicyHog
Judah should not be at 147. He is small and doesnt have great pop. He has great speed, but brawls when not neccesary. I think he get sparked by Margarito late after dominating some of the early rounds. I also think that cry baby Cintron knocks him out. Judah would probably be beating him to the punch half of the night then get to do the Judah shuffle by the end.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 20 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]371442[/snapback]
I'd like to see Judah take out Cintron....

I agree that that's the best fight at ww for Judah right now, very winnable for him.

It's really hard for me to see anyone around Judah allowing him to fight Margarito. It just doesn't make any sense, though I'd love Margarito to finally get a big name in the ring. Judah-Hatton at 140 makes much more sense.

And what's this about Cotto-Clottey? Of all the fights that make absolutely no sense for Cotto, this tops the list. I know they're both managed by Arum, but nobody's seriously talking about this are they?

BrutalBodyShots
Margarito-Judah would look a little like Baldomir-Judah, just with Margarito really putting it on him late and ultimately stopping Judah.

rymal21
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 20 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]371441[/snapback]
A doubleheader of Cotto-Margarito and Clottey-Judah sounds a tiny bit better.

Yeah, I'm with you on that one. It looks like this is gonna be the prelude to that though. Well, at least the Cotto-Margarito portion. I'd be perfectly happy to see Arum make that fight right now for March, but it doesn't seem like that's in the cards.
STEVENSKI
Judah was never the same after Tszyu took his pride & fist fucked him for his trouble.
singletrack
QUOTE(rymal21 @ Dec 20 2007, 10:13 AM) [snapback]371432[/snapback]
Not sure if this had already been discussed (apologies if it has), but Kim reported on the boards over at Max that it looks like Marg-Castillo is off and Judah is now being discussed as the replacement in March.

Any thoughts? I think Margarito's too much, but it should be fun while it lasts. A doubleheader of Cotto-Clottey and Margarito-Judah might make for a nice night.

I think Zab could demolish Margarito if he BOXES for 12 rounds. If he uses his superior speed and boxing ability to move, he should win this fight easily. It would be nice to see him come in with the right plan and stick to it.

In reality, I think this will be a close fight because Zab will make a lot of mistakes and tire under the constant pressure of Tony. I could actually see Tony possibly KOing Judah if Zab fights particularly stupid.
singletrack
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 20 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]371435[/snapback]
Judah's not a quitter though...the man took a terrible beating from Cotto and kept fighting til the end.

Judah shouldn't be at 147..he can dominate 140. All the top WW's out there beat Judah IMO (Cotto, Mayweather, Mosley, Williams, and even slowass Tony).

Agreed - he should move down to 140.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(singletrack @ Dec 20 2007, 06:40 PM) [snapback]371496[/snapback]
Agreed - he should move down to 140.

I'd enjoy watching Judah-Hatton at 140.

streetlion1
I agree this fight is all wrong for Judah, and he should move down to 140 where he would be a champion easily.
BigG
After watching Cintron's last fight vs. Feliciano, I have a hard time picking him against any of the top WW's. The guy has a pretty good punch, but he has no heart, and is VERY average skillwise.

I see Judah getting him often with big lefts early and taking Cintron out.

BrutalBodyShots
I've got Clottey over Cintron, about TKO10 if they fight in the Spring since Clottey took the IBF eliminator tonight.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 20 2007, 10:21 AM) [snapback]371435[/snapback]

Judah would be a beast at 140. I agree. Wish he would consider it. It could extend his career.In facxt after he gets whooped by Tony, why not Judah/Hatton?

Margarito absolutely desroys Judah. This one aint even close. I also think Clottey handles Cotto. So will we have a Margarito/Clottey rematch??
kidbazooka1
Judah grew some balls in one fight and now people think he's Barrera or Morales. Judah can only hang for a few rds then everything falls apart for him. He is mentaly weak, Margarito would break him down and stop him in the mid rds.
Douchebag
I think Cotto will beat Clottey!
BigG
Same here. Clottey is a quick fighter but I dont think he will really hurt Cotto. I mean, the guy hit a SHOT Corrales with everything and Chico still made it to the final bell. This was an even worse Chico then the one Castillo KO'd in 4. I expect Cotto to win a decision. Clottey seems like a very tough guy to stop.
Blayde
I also dont see Clottey stopping Cotto, but I think he is able to stun Cotto and he would. And on the inside in my eyes Clottey just is the better fighter. Cant deny Cottos handspeed looked very good lately, but still I dont see him throwing faster combinations than Clottey. So honestly before the Mosley fight I would have probably picked Clottey to beat Cotto because I just couldnt Cotto see break him down without getting buzzed too often. Now because of the Mosley fight though Cotto seems to have the tools to outbox Clottey moving around the ring and showing his surprisingly good handspeed.

But Clottey-Cintron is next anyway and Cotto will probably face another very good opponent, too.
singletrack
QUOTE(Blayde @ Dec 21 2007, 11:27 AM) [snapback]371608[/snapback]
I also dont see Clottey stopping Cotto, but I think he is able to stun Cotto and he would. And on the inside in my eyes Clottey just is the better fighter. Cant deny Cottos handspeed looked very good lately, but still I dont see him throwing faster combinations than Clottey. So honestly before the Mosley fight I would have probably picked Clottey to beat Cotto because I just couldnt Cotto see break him down without getting buzzed too often. Now because of the Mosley fight though Cotto seems to have the tools to outbox Clottey moving around the ring and showing his surprisingly good handspeed.

But Clottey-Cintron is next anyway and Cotto will probably face another very good opponent, too.

I don't think Clottey has much pop in his hands at all. He is also WIDE OPEN to the body with his style of D and he stands in front of his opponent and covers up. Those are all recipes for bleeding internally against Cotto. I just don't see how he could pull out a fight against Cotto personally. I think Cintron has a better, albeit small, chance with his crazy power.

Blayde
I just dont think standing in front of Cotto is such a bad thing. Cotto is a very good fighter who can adjust to his opponents. If he has a Judah or Quintana in front of him, he will come forward, pressure his opponent, attack the body and break him down. If he has a Mosley in front of him, that will become difficult and he already has to change his style moving and "boxing" more. Now if he were to face someone like Margarito, I dont think it would be a toe to toe brawl, I think he would be dancing around the ring trying to outbox his opponent.

Cotto is not one dimensional, he can do this and he can do that. BUT he has to do that because there are fighters who are better at this OR at that. That also means Cotto isnt the best at this or that. And that means he might not be a good enough "boxer" who primarily just wants to score points to outbox a great pressure fighter like Margarito for example.

And although Ive got to admit Im not too sure about it, I think he would lose standing in front of Clottey. And if Im right, maybe he can outbox Clottey using plan B or maybe he cannot. He seems to be at his best when he can pressure his opponents, but he just cant do that against some of them.
Elijah
Cotto and Clottey have a comparable defense, meaning neither has an advantage there but Cotto absolutely hits harder than Clottey so if they were to stand toe to toe then Cotto would win that battle. I don't think Clottey can beat Cotto.
singletrack
QUOTE(Blayde @ Dec 21 2007, 12:35 PM) [snapback]371626[/snapback]
I just dont think standing in front of Cotto is such a bad thing. Cotto is a very good fighter who can adjust to his opponents. If he has a Judah or Quintana in front of him, he will come forward, pressure his opponent, attack the body and break him down. If he has a Mosley in front of him, that will become difficult and he already has to change his style moving and "boxing" more. Now if he were to face someone like Margarito, I dont think it would be a toe to toe brawl, I think he would be dancing around the ring trying to outbox his opponent.

Cotto is not one dimensional, he can do this and he can do that. BUT he has to do that because there are fighters who are better at this OR at that. That also means Cotto isnt the best at this or that. And that means he might not be a good enough "boxer" who primarily just wants to score points to outbox a great pressure fighter like Margarito for example.

And although Ive got to admit Im not too sure about it, I think he would lose standing in front of Clottey. And if Im right, maybe he can outbox Clottey using plan B or maybe he cannot. He seems to be at his best when he can pressure his opponents, but he just cant do that against some of them.

Agreed on Mosley, Margarito, and in general with what you are saying, but I think Cotto can stand toe to toe with Clottey and you will see Clottey retreat after Miguel lands some big shots. I don't think Clottey can back Cotto up at all and if they come out even on "hits" on the inside, then Cotto is doing way more damage. I would expect Clottey to try to counter Cotto if and when they do fight. If he tries to stand in there with him, I doubt it will last for long.

The only time we've seen Cotto box is when he is hurt, when he thinks he is ahead, or when he is unsure about the power of the opponent. I would expect him to figure out that Clottey can't hurt him fairly early in the fight and then come forward to take him out.
mbase
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 20 2007, 07:47 PM) [snapback]371513[/snapback]
Zab isn't getting him out anytime soon and with the way Zab fights a 12 round fight, Margarita is just going to get bigger as the fight goes on.

It should be a 10 round fight right? Neither of them have a title.
BrutalBodyShots
10 rounds 12 rounds it doesn't matter - I think Judah gets stopped inside 10.
neophyte7
Judah's ignorant- slave mentality having father and camp will guarantee a loss. Poor Judah, victim of ghetto ignorance and undeserved loyalty to a crew full of scumbags that have helped stifle his career with their brooklyn bullshit... his act against mayweather was the apex. Judah is doomed unless he leaves new york and his father. Will not happen. Zab is done.
streetlion1
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Dec 26 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]372410[/snapback]
Judah's ignorant- slave mentality having father and camp will guarantee a loss. Poor Judah, victim of ghetto ignorance and undeserved loyalty to a crew full of scumbags that have helped stifle his career with their brooklyn bullshit... his act against mayweather was the apex. Judah is doomed unless he leaves new york and his father. Will not happen. Zab is done.

"Ignorant-slave mentality"?! What do his character issues have to do with him fighting Margarito?! Every fighter gets fustrated! He isnt the only fighter to have a breakdown in the ring and make a bad decision. I think he would lose this fight because he doesnt belong above 140. However he is way more talented than AM. "ghetto ignorance" "doomed unless he leaves New York and his father"?! His father did make him a champion didnt he?!
neophyte7
Judah was destined to be a champ based upon god given ability. He has not evolved on aota since he was 19 0r 20.His father has been a liability. A blind man can see that.
streetlion1
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Dec 27 2007, 06:51 AM) [snapback]372442[/snapback]
Judah was destined to be a champ based upon god given ability. He has not evolved on aota since he was 19 0r 20.His father has been a liability. A blind man can see that.

I think his only liability has been himself. Once you set foot in that ring no-one can do it for you. When you go train everyday no matter what your trainer says and who he is you have to have a mind of your own. He has god given speed however he didnt learn to fight on his own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.