Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clottey and Tye Fields both on VS tonight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Southeastpaw
Something to pass the time with. VS has some decent fights on more often than not. Not sure if tonight will be great, but it is something.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think the Alvarez-Clottey fight could be really entertaining. This is a pretty even matchup, with two fighters who have some power and ability. Ive seen Alvarez fight a few times, and he has good power. I believe he's a lefty, but I could be wrong. Clottey has had a good year, and looks to build on it. Should be a good fight. However, not falling asleep during a Tye Fields fight could be interesting. I dont know why Versus continues to showcase him. He's not going anywhere in the heavyweight scene, and isn't that good of a fighter. They could be showcasing a real heavyweight prospect in Kevin Johnson or Chazz Witherspoon.
Kyle
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Tye Fields is entering the ring now. I just hope his fight isn't boring. He's fighting Special K Koval, so we'll see. I now remember where ive seen Alvarez awhile back. He fought Mohammed Kayongo on shobox, and Kayongo is from MN. Alvarez knocked him out cold in the first.
Kyle
JD
LOL...that was terrible.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
There have been some quick fights tonight. Fields ended his fight quickly and Vanes looked really good in knocking out Dan Wallace. I guess nobody wants a piece of Fields, but I still think Rahman would tear him up. Rahman is a huge step up from Special K.
Kyle
stateofthegame
Possible 2008 Match-ups
Tye Fields vs JD Chapman (There can only be one over-hyped white guy in the heavyweight division) winner meets Baby Joe Mesi to really determine the next "Great White Hype"

On a serious note I want to see Vanes vs James Kirkland in 2008. It would be explosive.

Clottey fight going exactly as anticipated. I was afraid that Alvarez was not ready for this big of a fight.
BigG
Tye Fields is garbage....
BigG
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 21 2007, 03:51 AM) [snapback]371543[/snapback]
Heavyweights are garbage.

Off topic a little here, but even back in the day, I must say that the heavyweights is one of my least favourite division. I never really noticed but watching "Canvas Classics" down here which is like espn classics only better as they have a wider variety of fighters they telecast (we get that here as well). I find myself getting pissed off when ever they decide to show a heavyweight fight. I love watching fighters like Tyson, Holmes etc but as a whole, I have never really liked the division, generally I find it kind of boring and they fight at a lower quality than the lighter divisions.

I love the Heavyweight division. I love wtaching Tyson, Holyfield, Holmes, Ali, Frazier, Foreman Bowe, Louis, Marciano, Dempsey but I too prefer the lower weight divisions. Welterweight is probably my favorite division in history.

Today's heavyweight division is garbage and pathetic.

But I like Wlad and Sam Peter. Hopefully Wlad takes care of Sultan.
Imperius3
Good performance by Clottey. He dominated, and I had him winning every round. Chuck Giampa scored the fight 115-113 which I don't understand at all, but the other judges had it 116-112 and 118-110 which is more acceptable.
BrutalBodyShots
I gave Alvarez 2 rounds, so I had it 118-110 Clottey. I thought he looked decent, and assuming he can get through the first 3 rounds against Cintron without getting knocked out I think Clottey stops Cintron late.

Alvarez DID stun Clottey in the 4th round with a straight left hand, but the commentators were either too blind or biased to mention it. Anyway, Cintron certainly has the power to hurt Clottey but he better get it done early. Clottey isn't going to push Cintron's head around like Feliciano did.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 20 2007, 09:44 PM) [snapback]371537[/snapback]
I guess nobody wants a piece of Fields, but I still think Rahman would tear him up. Rahman is a huge step up from Special K.
Kyle

Did you hear after the fight when Fields' trainer said the he's owned Rahman, "Peters" (that's right, he said his name wrong) and Harrison in the gym? LOL.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
He also got Harrison's name wrong in the interview too. He said Audley Harris I believe. Im sure they're going to build him up, but any decent heavyweight out there is going to beat him. Im sure he'll get his shot in due time though.
Kyle
Blayde
I didnt know Clottey-Alvarez was an IBF eliminator. Thats good news though, Clottey vs. Cintron is such a fight that had to happen. The winner definitely has a good new name in his record and is able to let his own name grow up a little.

And I think Clottey will be winner. Cintron has huge punching power, no doubt about that. But Clotteys solid defense will make it very diffcult for him to go headhunting and I dont see Cintron being able to fight the fight at his best range. I think they are going to stand pretty close to each other and exchange toe to toe for the most time. Thats definitely gonna be entertaining and Cintron can also land bombs from that distance. But you got to give Clottey the edge if they fight on the inside. Still its not a fight I would bet on. Cintron is too dangerous for that.
singletrack
QUOTE(Blayde @ Dec 21 2007, 05:31 AM) [snapback]371588[/snapback]
I didnt know Clottey-Alvarez was an IBF eliminator. Thats good news though, Clottey vs. Cintron is such a fight that had to happen. The winner definitely has a good new name in his record and is able to let his own name grow up a little.

And I think Clottey will be winner. Cintron has huge punching power, no doubt about that. But Clotteys solid defense will make it very diffcult for him to go headhunting and I dont see Cintron being able to fight the fight at his best range. I think they are going to stand pretty close to each other and exchange toe to toe for the most time. Thats definitely gonna be entertaining and Cintron can also land bombs from that distance. But you got to give Clottey the edge if they fight on the inside. Still its not a fight I would bet on. Cintron is too dangerous for that.

See I think there are some pretty serious gaps in Clottey's D. I think his guard can be split by a big puncher like Cintron, and he looked open to the body to me when he chose to stand in front of Alvarez. Definitely looking forward to the fight. Unfornately, I didn't see Cintron's last fight, but everyone around here seems to be in agreement that he looked like dogshit for most of the fight.
Elijah
While Cintron didn't impress me at all his last fight neither did Clottey last night. Clotteys defense isn't good enough to just stand in front of his opponents and cover up a la Winky Wright. He didn't have barely any head movement last night either. I think if he fights the same way he did last night against Cintron he's gonna get beat by late KO. You better believe if Cintron keeps him on the end of his punches they're gonna have much more effect than those pitty pat shots Alvarez was landing last night.
mbase
QUOTE(Elijah @ Dec 21 2007, 12:32 PM) [snapback]371625[/snapback]
While Cintron didn't impress me at all his last fight neither did Clottey last night. Clotteys defense isn't good enough to just stand in front of his opponents and cover up a la Winky Wright. He didn't have barely any head movement last night either. I think if he fights the same way he did last night against Cintron he's gonna get beat by late KO. You better believe if Cintron keeps him on the end of his punches they're gonna have much more effect than those pitty pat shots Alvarez was landing last night.

If Clottey hits Kermit with the same punches he was tagging Margarito with in the first 6 rounds, Cintron's fragile psyche will not hold up. Kermit almost seem to fall apart against Feliciano's pitty pat punches. I'm goin with Clottey, if Manny does not find a way to duck his mandatory.
BrutalBodyShots
I think Manny knows that Clottey would be a VERY tough fight for Cintron, especially considering how he looked in his last outing against the fly swatter.

BigG
I think Clottey stops Cintron by 7 or 8.....
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 22 2007, 12:22 PM) [snapback]371837[/snapback]
I think Clottey stops Cintron by 7 or 8.....

Agreed. I could actually see Manny throwing in the towel with Cintron just looking like a rag doll for the last 2 rounds or so.

Southeastpaw
Bring on Fields/Butterbean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.