Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BIG FIGHT 2008?B-HOP vs Joe-Cal
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Future_Champ
Calzaghe really needs this fight and Hopkins knows that. Calzaghe saw all the exposure that Hatton got when he came to Las Vagas and he wants a taste of it. Hopkins is a smart guy and he knows that he can call the shots. Another thing is Hopkins HAS fought is Europe earlier on in his career and in South America (look it up) ,so i dont get how the Calzaghe camp is saying that Hopkins only fights at home. Calzaghe is a good fighter but i have no doubt that Hopkins will wear him down and take the fight over late, in a good battle. I hear that a lot of people are counting out Hopkins mainly because they feel he cant keep up with the punch output of Calzaghe. There are two main things that bother fighters who rely on thowing a lot of punches and overwelming opponets: #1 Sharp and accurate counterpuncher (dosent have to be powerfull just sharp),and #2, good body punchers. Hopkins is both. Its easy to throw a lot of punches when you are not getting countered often. Jeff Lacy and Mikkel K were both hard punchers but not accurate and sharp counter punchers like Hopkins is. Look at the Hatton-Mayweather fight, Hatton is usually relentless throughout a whole fight but he had never been in with a fighter that was such an accurate counterpuncher as Pretty Boy. By the 7th or 8th round he was not throwing as many punches because he was discouraged and worn down.Hopkins is also a great body puncher and that will also slow down joe. And dont forget Calzaghe may also lose some speed as he moves up to 175. Then you have to look at Bernards record against Southpaws...Flawless.The next thing i look at is Hopkins defense..He is one of the best at not getting hit...How will Joe respond when he realizes he cant land a hard flush shot on B Hop? Lacy wasnt exactly a defence Wizard and when i look at the way joe throws his shots i see Hopkins easily slipping, thowing counters, and wearing him down over the course of 12 rounds like he has done time and time again. And dont forget about hopkins sneaky straight right hand which ussally finds it target easier aginst southpaws.If my prediction comes true i think Hopkins should then fight Roy if he beats Trinidad then retire. THERE ARE PLENTY OF GREAT FIGHTS THAT I HOPE HAPPEN IN 08.Remember being exciting doesnt win fights...Ring smarts, skills, and fundamentals do. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND GOD BLESS!
BrutalBodyShots
How come every brand new member to this forum (1 or 2 posts) feels the need to swear themselves in with a duplicate thread?

Future_Champ
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 21 2007, 11:34 PM) [snapback]371728[/snapback]
How come every brand new member to this forum (1 or 2 posts) feels the need to swear themselves in with a duplicate thread?

Ha so i could hear some 20 year ring veteran like you tell me about how i am new here and shouldnt have an opinion...love ya muah!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Future_Champ @ Dec 21 2007, 11:49 PM) [snapback]371731[/snapback]
Ha so i could hear some 20 year ring veteran like you tell me about how i am new here and shouldnt have an opinion...love ya muah!

Having an opinion is fine, but why not share it with the 30 other people already discussing the topic in the other thread. What I find funny is that you were actually IN the other thread and then you started your own afterwards. It's not like you didn't see the original.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.