Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wlad Klitschko-Sultan Ibragimov.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
I think Wlad is really gonna hurt this guy bad. I think Sultan is skilled but he can't outbox Klitschko and will probably be knocked out in the middle rounds.
Blayde
I dont see Ibragimov trying to outbox Wlad. He should know that he just cant do that like he did against Briggs and Holyfield. I expect Ibragimov to come forward, pressure Klitschko and try to throw quick, but also powerful combinations on the inside. He did that pretty well against Whitaker, he did not against Austin. Problem is Klitschko is a bit better than Austin wink.gif Plus Klitschko is getting better and better in avoiding inside fighting.

But still I think Ibragimov is a relatively dangerous opponent for Klitschko. He does have pressuring his opponent in his repertoire, he does have fast hand and he has a solid punch. Doesnt change the fact that Klitschko is the huge favorite though.
AussieLad
Ibragimov is going to lose badly. I like sultan, and would have preferred he unified against chagaev who i think he would beat

But then again any unification in the heavy division is cause for celebration
D-MARV
Wlad should stop within 10!
Ibragimov did well against other big heavyweights like Whitaker and Briggs but the difference is the footwork! Wlad has superior footwook for his size and will keep ibragimov of balance. Wlad TKO10
BrutalBodyShots
62 people have looked at this thread and I'm the 4th reply - that's a good indication of how much interest there is in this fight.

BigG
And another difference is Wlad is 2x better then Goofi Whitaker and Briggs combined. Wlad's jab is excellent and his right hand is a killer. His left hook is good too.

He just needs to fight his fight and Sultan will be easy work.
D-MARV
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 23 2007, 04:24 AM) [snapback]371920[/snapback]
And another difference is Wlad is 2x better then Goofi Whitaker and Briggs combined. Wlad's jab is excellent and his right hand is a killer. His left hook is good too.

He just needs to fight his fight and Sultan will be easy work.

Great Points thumbsup_anim.gif
Wlad should handle him Sultan easily,
By the way Brutal, I am ver excited about this fight and Im sure i am not the only one
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2007, 10:04 AM) [snapback]371949[/snapback]
By the way Brutal, I am ver excited about this fight and Im sure i am not the only one

Well this thread would indicate otherwise.

If I were a Wlad fan that loved watching him knock out over matched opponents I would probably be pretty excited about this fight too.

D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 23 2007, 12:02 PM) [snapback]371960[/snapback]
Well this thread would indicate otherwise.

If I were a Wlad fan that loved watching him knock out over matched opponents I would probably be pretty excited about this fight too.

Im no Wlad fan, Im a fight fan who wants a unified heavyweight champ! I dont care if it's Wlad, Sultan, Peter, or anyone, I just want ONE CHAMP!
gods son
If Sultan can stay fresh and unhurt after 4 rounds, ill give him a chance to start technically taking over the fight!
But within 4 rounds and If Wlad lands clean shots..it will be messy and over like a Danny Williams beat down!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]371967[/snapback]
Im no Wlad fan, Im a fight fan who wants a unified heavyweight champ! I dont care if it's Wlad, Sultan, Peter, or anyone, I just want ONE CHAMP!

So let me get this right. You are "very excited" about this fight not because of the fight itself, but simply because it will unify 2 belts?

AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 24 2007, 12:14 AM) [snapback]372009[/snapback]
So let me get this right. You are "very excited" about this fight not because of the fight itself, but simply because it will unify 2 belts?

Why not? Its as good a reason as any. Anything that clarifies the heavyweight division is good for boxing because its the flagship division for casual punters.

Whilst it may not be the most mouthwatering match up in boxing, it is a unification involving the premiere heavyweight fighter in Wlad

Its a better match than peter vs maskaev
D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 23 2007, 07:14 PM) [snapback]372009[/snapback]

Yes! this is the first unification since Holyfield-Lewis. ALSO this is one step closer to having 1 true champ in the heavyweight division!

ANYMORE QUESTIONS? rolleyes.gif
The Original MrFactor
Its been several years since a really compelling fight pitting 2 HOF calibur HW boxers together in one ring. It seems like it wont happen anytime soon. pretty soon Boxings most glamorous division will be sorely eclipsed by the WW division, if it hasnt already. I am interested in a HW unification. I guess this is the 1st step. Kudos for both guys for making it happen. I hope its not a PPV... Boy will it tank if it is...
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2007, 08:50 PM) [snapback]372016[/snapback]
Yes! this is the first unification since Holyfield-Lewis. ALSO this is one step closer to having 1 true champ in the heavyweight division!

I have a question. Though it would be great to have only one heavyweight champ, I do not think it will happen anytime soon. Too much greed and corruption with promoters and sanctioning bodies. Even if it would get unified, It would get split up again because too much BS about fighting a certain bodies no. 1 contender, and the SB's would just look to strip the belt from them if they don't fight there top contender. Why do you think there are numerous belts out there now, because all these fake organizations are corrupt and they just want money. They could careless who the true champ is. So do you honestly think we will ever have an undisputed heavyweight champ again???

For this fight, Klit should have little trouble with Sultan.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 23 2007, 09:07 PM) [snapback]372018[/snapback]
I have a question. Though it would be great to have only one heavyweight champ, I do not think it will happen anytime soon. Too much greed and corruption with promoters and sanctioning bodies. Even if it would get unified, It would get split up again because too much BS about fighting a certain bodies no. 1 contender, and the SB's would just look to strip the belt from them if they don't fight there top contender. Why do you think there are numerous belts out there now, because all these fake organizations are corrupt and they just want money. They could careless who the true champ is. So do you honestly think we will ever have an undisputed heavyweight champ again???
For this fight, Klit should have little trouble with Sultan.

You're absolutely right! The belts will be split up again. But I just want to be able to say "this guy is the Champion of Champions" Let's say Wlad wins, the he has to give up the WBO championship cuz he decides to fight and beat the winner of Peter-Maskeav or Chageav-Skelton. The public will be able to say Wlad is the Champ!. It sucks that these organizations are money hungry but thats how it is. I read somewhere Don King wanted to set up a Tournament! that would be good. But it prolly wont happen!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2007, 09:13 PM) [snapback]372020[/snapback]
You're absolutely right! The belts will be split up again. But I just want to be able to say "this guy is the Champion of Champions" Let's say Wlad wins, the he has to give up the WBO championship cuz he decides to fight and beat the winner of Peter-Maskeav or Chageav-Skelton. The public will be able to say Wlad is the Champ!. It sucks that these organizations are money hungry but thats how it is. I read somewhere Don King wanted to set up a Tournament! that would be good. But it prolly wont happen!

I see what you are saying, makes sense to me. You gave me a different way to look at the situation.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2007, 08:50 PM) [snapback]372016[/snapback]

Nope, that's all I needed to know. So you aren't interested in the fight, just the fact that there will be one less heavyweight with a belt.

Me personally? I'm a fight fan, not a belt fan. Give me a great fight for no belt any day over a lame ass championship fight. But, that's just me.

My point being, there is nothing exciting about this fight.

Spreadking3rd
Don't forget Wlad is also 3 times better than Whitaker and Austin combined at holding.

Wlad also had a 3 times worse chin than Whitaker and Austin.

If Ibragimov can get his hands free inside when Doctor Octopus wraps him up....then he has a chance.
BGv2.0
Manny has Wlad fighting like a big man now. He's not near the level Lewis was....BUT...it's good enough to get by in this awful HW divsion. He'll keep Sultan on the outside with his jab....tie him up when he gets inside....start landing the overhand rights behind the jab....and depending on how much Sultan can/chooses to take....either gets a UD by way of 12 round beat down over Sultan OR mid-late round TKO.

Sultan has decent skill, decent speed.....but I just think he's too small to take Wlad out. And...although he seems to have a decent amount of power...I don't think it's Brewster or Sanders level.

I do think years ago Sultan could have followed the Puritty blue-print...which had as much to do with Wlad's huge output....BUT...seeing as how Wlad seems to pace himself better...I don't see a sneaky overhand punch with a combo of taking all of Wlad's shots working well for him. lol
D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 23 2007, 10:40 PM) [snapback]372023[/snapback]
Nope, that's all I needed to know. So you aren't interested in the fight, just the fact that there will be one less heavyweight with a belt.

Me personally? I'm a fight fan, not a belt fan. Give me a great fight for no belt any day over a lame ass championship fight. But, that's just me.

My point being, there is nothing exciting about this fight.

Whatever you say MAN!
Im sure you'll be watching this fight!!!!
And alot of people will agree that this is a very interesting fight BECAUSE of the fact that this is a Heavyweight Unification fight
AussieLad
A real fight fan would find any reason to watch a fight

Do you not watch the gatti ward trilogy because neither is an elite boxer, or do you watch it because it is an exciting slugfest? A real fight fan watches the fight regardless of the logic

Do you not watch the hopkins vs taylor rematch, just because you know that its going to be an awkward pose fest without anyone doing much of anything? A real fight fan watches the fight

Brutal, did you watch floyd vs zab. Surely you realised that it was for a paper belt retrieved from trash can, and that zab was not going to be a test for floyd. Or the floyd vs gatti, or the baldomir fight for that matter? None of those were competitive matches, but i bet you watched.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 23 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]372032[/snapback]
Whatever you say MAN!
Im sure you'll be watching this fight!!!!
And alot of people will agree that this is a very interesting fight BECAUSE of the fact that this is a Heavyweight Unification fight

Sure I'll watch it, but I'm not "very excited" about it like you are.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 24 2007, 02:32 AM) [snapback]372039[/snapback]
A real fight fan would find any reason to watch a fight

Do you not watch the gatti ward trilogy because neither is an elite boxer, or do you watch it because it is an exciting slugfest? A real fight fan watches the fight regardless of the logic

Do you not watch the hopkins vs taylor rematch, just because you know that its going to be an awkward pose fest without anyone doing much of anything? A real fight fan watches the fight

Brutal, did you watch floyd vs zab. Surely you realised that it was for a paper belt retrieved from trash can, and that zab was not going to be a test for floyd. Or the floyd vs gatti, or the baldomir fight for that matter? None of those were competitive matches, but i bet you watched.

Dude, LOL - there's a difference between watching fights and being "very excited" about them. I watch virtually every fight there is and I'll watch this fight too. The argument is not about whether or not one will watch this fight, it is whether or not they are "very excited" about it. Sorry, but I'm not very excited about this fight. And even the other guy in this thread that obviously doesn't get what I'm saying isn't even excited about the fight in and of itself, he's excited that one meaningless "champion" is going to be handing his belt over to another. Big deal.

The CEO
Fuck it. I'll go ahead and say it....I like Wlad, and he's Top 10 P4P in my book.

This fight...don't really care...but Wlad gets a bad rap for his losses...so what his chin's a little suspect...the guy's a damn good boxer...power punches behind the jabs is where it's at...
D-MARV
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 24 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]372128[/snapback]
Dude, LOL - there's a difference between watching fights and being "very excited" about them. I watch virtually every fight there is and I'll watch this fight too. The argument is not about whether or not one will watch this fight, it is whether or not they are "very excited" about it. Sorry, but I'm not very excited about this fight. And even the other guy in this thread that obviously doesn't get what I'm saying isn't even excited about the fight in and of itself, he's excited that one meaningless "champion" is going to be handing his belt over to another. Big deal.

I'm excited about this fight for numerous reasons.
THE FIRST being that this is one step closer to a Undisputed heavyweight Champ. Also because I enjoy watching good boxing. I respect both of these fighters and I think this might be a god scrap. Also, I understand what your saying! You are the one having trouble understanding what I'm saying. I'am a Boxing Fan! especially a Heavyweight fan. Though that diviion has been down for awhile, we finally have something to look foward too. SOME CLARITY! So YES! im excited about this fight not just because of the belts, but beause we have 2 top 5 heavies fighting eac other andnot stupid mandatories!!!!!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 25 2007, 12:41 AM) [snapback]372142[/snapback]
I kinda like Wlad as well, but it's hard to get behind a guy who is like miles ahead of everyone else in the division. I actually think Wlad is getting the raw end of the deal because of the shit he has to fight. People assume that the whole division sucks, which is true except Wlad. I think Wlad would have been decent with some of the other big heavyweights from years back, but the crap that he has to fight doesn't do him any justice IMO.

I agree Fitz, and that is why I don't get "excited" for Wlad's fights. From here on out Wlad might as well be a 4-1 favorite over any heavyweight they throw in there with him - that's how big the gap is that exists between his ability and the ability of the others. So like I said, unless you really enjoy watching Wlad knock out lesser caliber fighters it is tough to get excited for his fights, at least from my perspective.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 25 2007, 10:44 AM) [snapback]372163[/snapback]
I agree Fitz, and that is why I don't get "excited" for Wlad's fights. From here on out Wlad might as well be a 4-1 favorite over any heavyweight they throw in there with him - that's how big the gap is that exists between his ability and the ability of the others. So like I said, unless you really enjoy watching Wlad knock out lesser caliber fighters it is tough to get excited for his fights, at least from my perspective.

Don't forget the chin factor, you never know how his chin is gonna hold up. So there is always a possibility of him being KO'd. I personally think Wlad is way ahead of everyone offensively, but he is never a sure lock due to his chin and mentality.
AussieLad
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 25 2007, 03:52 PM) [snapback]372166[/snapback]
Don't forget the chin factor, you never know how his chin is gonna hold up. So there is always a possibility of him being KO'd. I personally think Wlad is way ahead of everyone offensively, but he is never a sure lock due to his chin and mentality.

Wlad would have been favourite over sanders and brewster, and he got knocked out.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 25 2007, 05:04 PM) [snapback]372227[/snapback]
Wlad would have been favourite over sanders and brewster, and he got knocked out.

Those fights were like 4+ years ago. I think just about everyone would agree that Wlad has learned and improved from those losses. Not to say that it can't happen again, but it doesn't seem nearly as likely.

AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 26 2007, 01:53 AM) [snapback]372242[/snapback]
Those fights were like 4+ years ago. I think just about everyone would agree that Wlad has learned and improved from those losses. Not to say that it can't happen again, but it doesn't seem nearly as likely.

Agreed, but a shakey chin is still a shaky chin, no matter the gameplan behind it. Sanders had the speed to get in before Wlad adapted, and whilst ibragimov doesnt have the same speed and power as sanders i think he is a better boxer. He has a small chance at landing a kill shot
TheWhiteBuffalo
All I can say about this one..... is that I am EXTREMELY pumped for this fight.

This fight is a true sleeper..... it will not be the traditional Klitschko fight.

Definately don't expect Sultan to come into the ring and stay at the end of Wladimir's jab. We all know that Wladimir cannot stand pressure, and Sultan will be pressuring Wladimir like no other. He will have Klitschko moving backwards the entire fight. Sultan is and excellent boxer, and I feel that his average height and short reach will play a huge factor in this one. Sultan is an experienced, talented fighter who should not have much difficulty getting inside once he is past the "jackhammer" jab.

The combination of Sultan pushing the action on the inside, Wladimir's back pedaling, and Sultan's ability to go a hard 12 rounds will spell doom for Wladimir. I wouldn't "bet the house" on this one, but I do believe that Sultan has the ability to win this fight over a tough 12 rounds. Sultan will be victorious, not because he is the best fighter in the division, but because he is a smart fighter who will definately bring his gameplan and talent into the ring.

I do believe that Wladimir is getting much better all the time, but I feel he will come into this fight a tad bit complacent with his guard down. Either way.....unification is something we have dreamt about for a VERY long time. This first step is extremely exciting.
Spreadking3rd
Doctor Hold-a-pus Klistchko
BrutalBodyShots
HOLY SHIT THE WHITE BUFFALO IS BACK!

Sorry, but I had to use CAPS For that one!

Jack 1000
Well,

If Wlad's chin holds up early, he should beat Sultan fairly easily. Wlad is more skilled, sound, and has faced better competition. Wlad TKO 7.

Jack
TheWhiteBuffalo
Both are very skilled, very debatable on who actually has superior skills. Wladimir has the physical assets that will be a serious advantage.

I cannot stop thinking that Sultan will be pressuring Wladimir in this fight. We have yet to see (in the last few fights) Wladimir's ability to really dig deep when the chips are down. Granted, he did very well against a limited Sam Peter. But, Sultan's boxing ability is light years above Sam Peter. I am going to be focused on Sultan's crisp combinations and his upper body movement. It really is a toss up.

Sultan is an Olympic class boxer. Don't expect Sultan to get "bombed" out early. I do agree with Jack that fight will be taken into the later rounds, but I see Sultan POSSIBLY pulling a decision victory if he can frustrate Wladimir early on.

I have read many reports that Sultan and his trainer (Mayweather) have been training at an unbelievable pace. I am sure "over-training" will not be an issue in the camp, so I look forward to Sultan coming in looking his best.

Both guys have beat strong opposition, but Wladimir having a fluke win over Frans Botha is extremely impressive. Other than that tidbit, no boxing fan can say that this fight is garbage. These guys are impressive and the excitement is in the air for this one.

streetlion1
The only chance Ibragimov has is to box-box-box, Move-move-move! Still Klitschko's boxing skills are very good also!! Ibragimov will end up looking up at the lights at some point....can he get up is the question?! This is the best by far that the heavyweight division has to offer...lets enjoy it!! thumbsup_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]372580[/snapback]
The only chance Ibragimov has is to box-box-box, Move-move-move!

LMAO... about the same way Gatti's only chance was to box against Mayweather.

BigG
Yeah man...I think Sultan's only chance is pressure...I see him getting picked apart by Wlad's jab if he chooses to box.
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 28 2007, 10:18 AM) [snapback]372587[/snapback]
LMAO... about the same way Gatti's only chance was to box against Mayweather.

That may have been what some people said in that fight...not me! His only chance was if PBF didnt show up.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:23 AM) [snapback]372590[/snapback]
That may have been what some people said in that fight...not me! His only chance was if PBF didnt show up.

I was being sarcastic; Gatti's only chance in the Mayweather fight was to NOT BOX but that is what he was sent out there to do.

Same way I believe that Sultan's only chance in this fight would be to NOT BOX, but you say he should go out there and "box box box!" LMAO.

JD
I think a straight right does it...and Sultan does not see the 5th.

He has to either potshot, or pressure...and while potshotting worked on Briggs, it will not work on Wlad because unlike Briggs - he actually has the ability to throw more than one punch at a time...not to mention more skill, better athleticism and more punching power. Sultan eats something big off of a break working his way in, and that will be the beginning of the end.
AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 23 2007, 08:08 AM) [snapback]371904[/snapback]
62 people have looked at this thread and I'm the 4th reply - that's a good indication of how much interest there is in this fight.

LOL... 3 pages and counting now Brutal
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 28 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]372594[/snapback]
I was being sarcastic; Gatti's only chance in the Mayweather fight was to NOT BOX but that is what he was sent out there to do.

Same way I believe that Sultan's only chance in this fight would be to NOT BOX, but you say he should go out there and "box box box!" LMAO.

I just think if Sultan goes in tryin to pressure he will just get knocked out that much quicker! he needs to use his speed advantage make the bigger fighter come to him and counter. Be very smart hence use his superior boxing skills. But we'll see I guess.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 28 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]372640[/snapback]
LOL... 3 pages and counting now Brutal

Yup, thanks to me making that comment I generated some debate =)

lol
TheWhiteBuffalo
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 06:06 PM) [snapback]372645[/snapback]
I just think if Sultan goes in tryin to pressure he will just get knocked out that much quicker! he needs to use his speed advantage make the bigger fighter come to him and counter. Be very smart hence use his superior boxing skills. But we'll see I guess.

I disagree with your post.

Wladimir Klitschko, when pressured on the inside, instinctively grabs and holds when under pressure. This completely neutralizes his offensive game. If Sultan can get on the inside of Wladimir, pushing him into the ropes, you no longer have to worry about the offensive assault. Being shorter than Wladimir, it should work to his advantage that Wladimir will have to "fight down" the entire fight. A smaller guy on the inside working the body is very difficult to handle.

Another point is that Sultan will eat a few jabs going in. Wladimir is VERY selective on when he throws the big right hand, so I do not anticipate Sultan having to deal with many of those right off the bat. Wladimir is not very good at throwing uppercuts, or tight combinations when faced with pressure. Wladimir needs room to fight. Sultan is quicker and slicker than Sam Peter, so he should not have trouble getting inside.

Mentally, I am still not convinced that Wladimir is ready for a tactical war. Sultan does not have the power of Sam Peter, but he is much more accurate and can definately throw more effective combos than the lumbering Sam Peter.
AussieLad
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 29 2007, 05:55 AM) [snapback]372680[/snapback]
Yup, thanks to me making that comment I generated some debate =)

lol

We are all extremely thankfull, what would we ever do without you thumbsup_anim.gif lol
AussieLad
QUOTE(TheWhiteBuffalo @ Dec 29 2007, 01:46 PM) [snapback]372698[/snapback]
Being shorter than Wladimir, it should work to his advantage that Wladimir will have to "fight down" the entire fight. A smaller guy on the inside working the body is very difficult to handle.

But also sultan will be punching up, and losing his own power if he tries to clip Klits chin. And i dont think he will win the clinches because he is too small, wlad will be draping his considerable bulk over sultan while he tries to be effective inside, sucking away his energy and slowing down the target for that big straight right
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 29 2007, 05:21 PM) [snapback]372762[/snapback]
We are all extremely thankfull, what would we ever do without you thumbsup_anim.gif lol

You'd just be contributing to other threads because this one would be near the bottom of the page =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.