Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Miguel Cotto wins Y! Sports Fighter of the Year
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
JD
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ak.9...o&type=lgns

Iole does a nice breakdown of his choice.

While not quite the Ring, it is still a nice honor - especially with boxing rebounding this year and looking to become mainstream once again.
BrutalBodyShots
Cool.

I still can't get passed Judah as an opponent. The fact that he had not won a fight in over 2 years and Cotto was a 3-1 favorite over Judah speaks volumes.

And squeaking out a points win over Mosley is a great accomplishment, but with respect to the division it's not like he squeaked out a victory over Williams, Margarito or Mayweather, guys that are ranked higher. Just my take, but I understand anyone that does argue for Cotto.

kidbazooka1
I think the Ring should have given Cotto the honor aswell but Floyd was definitly in the run aswell.
BigG
I'm gonna be honest, I don't think Hatton is better then Zab at 147.....Not being bias, but Judah does have better power, speed, defense, and skills. Not to diss Hatton, but Luis Collazo beat him by 3 points IMO. He got hit with every counterpunch from Collazo and Floyd. Floyd was just in a different level then Luis was and beat Hatton alot worse.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 24 2007, 05:22 AM) [snapback]372040[/snapback]
Not being bias, but Judah does have better power, speed, defense, and skills.

Not to mention your unquestionable love.
Southeastpaw
It's interesting. I typed in Fighter of the year 2007 in the google search engine. And the major, well known sites had either Mayweather or Cotto as fighter of the year. But all the not so well known sites had Pavlik. Just interesting.
BigG
QUOTE(Mean Mister Mustard @ Dec 24 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]372071[/snapback]
Not to mention your unquestionable love.

laugh.gif

I'm just saying that I think Cotto's win over Zab is just as good as Mayweather over Hatton's.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 24 2007, 12:11 AM) [snapback]372034[/snapback]
I'm not sure what your thoughts on Mayweather are, but if you make the argument about Judah or Mosley not being a great accomplishment in the division, you could argue that either was Hatton considering prior to this, he had one fight at welter and squeezed out a decision that could have gone either way against Collazo.

I agree 100% that with respect to 147 Mayweather's win over Hatton wasn't meaningful - however Hatton was an undefeated guy (wasn't on a 2+ year losing streak) and has never shown any signs of being mentally soft in the ring, two things that cannot be said of Judah.

Hatton has held just about every title at 140 and was universally considered "the man" at 140; a guy like that moving up to challenge "the man" in the next division always makes for a meaningful fight. Lots of guys move up and win those fights, like Hopkins over Tarver for example. But if a guy moves up and gets beaten by the bigger guy assuming "the man" is moving up from his respective division (like if Calzaghe were to fight Hopkins at 175 and lose) it would still be considered a very strong accomplishment for Hopkins.

streetlion1
To me, Cotto's competition was the toughest with pavlik and PBF very close behind. Judah could easily (despite his record) be called a better boxer than Hatton & Miranda respectfully. Mosley held 2 wins over DLH, and from a boxing standpoint could be called the toughest opponent of all 3 fighters (weight classes withstanding). Also JT though undefeated was tailor made for a guy like Pavlik....he just cant stop straight right hands too well. So that being said I think Cotto deserved the honor. Although an argument could be made for any of the fighters! thumbsup_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 25 2007, 12:47 AM) [snapback]372143[/snapback]
Yep I agree, I thought the Hatton fight was meaningful as well. But with Judah, I kind of looked past his losses. To me that was Cotto's biggest test to date. Judah was the quickest and probably the hardest puncher he had faced up until then and though he has been unsuccessful in some big fights, though he had proven to be game and live in there with them and pushed Mayweather to a very tough fight which I thought was a brave and solid performance by Judah, so I didn't hold it against him to losing to the #1 p4p fighter in the world. I actually kind of look past that Judah had 2 losses recently and think the win for Cotto was actually a pretty good win. Not great, but pretty good.
You make good points though, and I agree with what you say about fighters moving up. I just think I give a little more credit for Cotto's win over Judah, that's all.

Sure it was arguably Cotto's biggest test to date it doesn't mean it was a tough test; it was a carefully calculated test. Zab isn't a big welter, and being without a win in over 2 years meant it was a perfect time for Cotto to fight him. Like I said earlier, the fact that Cotto was a 3-1 favorite over Zab speaks volumes. That means it was a fight that Cotto was supposed to easily win, which he did. I give credit for Cotto doing what he was supposed to do in that fight, but very little more.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 25 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]372162[/snapback]
Sure it was arguably Cotto's biggest test to date it doesn't mean it was a tough test; it was a carefully calculated test. Zab isn't a big welter, and being without a win in over 2 years meant it was a perfect time for Cotto to fight him. Like I said earlier, the fact that Cotto was a 3-1 favorite over Zab speaks volumes. That means it was a fight that Cotto was supposed to easily win, which he did. I give credit for Cotto doing what he was supposed to do in that fight, but very little more.

I don't know how calculated it was honestly. Remember, Cotto was planning for months to fight Margarito on that date, not Judah, and Margarito and Judah are about as opposite as two fighters in the same weight class could ever be. One's a big, slow late-bloomer with a great chin and great stamina who was on a winning streak. The other's a small, fast as hell front-runner with tremendous pop but a questionable chin and poor stamina who was on a big fight losing streak. Had Cotto been targeting Judah the whole time I'd say you were absolutely right, but the fact that he was targeting Tony and wound up fighting Zab tells me that he was ready to step it up, regardless of his opponent.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 25 2007, 08:44 PM) [snapback]372237[/snapback]
I don't know how calculated it was honestly. Remember, Cotto was planning for months to fight Margarito on that date, not Judah, and Margarito and Judah are about as opposite as two fighters in the same weight class could ever be. One's a big, slow late-bloomer with a great chin and great stamina who was on a winning streak. The other's a small, fast as hell front-runner with tremendous pop but a questionable chin and poor stamina who was on a big fight losing streak. Had Cotto been targeting Judah the whole time I'd say you were absolutely right, but the fact that he was targeting Tony and wound up fighting Zab tells me that he was ready to step it up, regardless of his opponent.

Maybe... but 3-1 man against a guy he wasn't even supposed to originally fight. If Zab were that much of a threat to Cotto (especially if Cotto hadn't been preparing for Zab) we would have seen more competitive, regular 2-1 or so or closer odds for the fight. 3-1 odds = the favorite is supposed to win, end of story. So, Cotto was supposed to win and he did. To me that doesn't mean much more than what it does at face value.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 27 2007, 12:42 AM) [snapback]372423[/snapback]
Maybe... but 3-1 man against a guy he wasn't even supposed to originally fight. If Zab were that much of a threat to Cotto (especially if Cotto hadn't been preparing for Zab) we would have seen more competitive, regular 2-1 or so or closer odds for the fight. 3-1 odds = the favorite is supposed to win, end of story. So, Cotto was supposed to win and he did. To me that doesn't mean much more than what it does at face value.

I agree. While the way Cotto completely dismantled Judah was impressive to watch, it really wasn't any more or less than he was supposed to do. And bringing this all back to the Cotto/Pavlik who had the better year debate, despite all his speed and skills you'd have to say by going off their recent records that both Miranda and certainly Taylor were better opponents than Zab.
BigG
Maybe Taylor but not Miranda.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]372458[/snapback]
Maybe Taylor but not Miranda.

Why? Miranda was killing people from coast to coast. Even the one fight he lost he looked destructive and according to many was the victim of home cooking. He still had that undefeated aura about him. Zab on the other hand had already been KO'd early, already been punished thoroughly, already been beaten by a total scrub. Sure Zab has the superior speed and technique, but Miranda based on their records was the far more dangerous opponent.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]372458[/snapback]
Maybe Taylor

And as for that part, no maybe about it. Whether you thought Taylor lost all three fights to BHop and Winky or won them, he was unquestionably more competitive against those two than Zab had been against the similar level of competition he had faced in Tszyu and Floyd.
BigG
Miranda was klling Willie Gibbs, Howard Eastman, and bums.

Zab is better then Miranda all day.
JD
G...did you pick Miranda to beat Pavlik, or did you expect Pavlik to beat him down?

It sounds like you really think Miranda is crap.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 12:33 PM) [snapback]372464[/snapback]
Miranda was klling Willie Gibbs, Howard Eastman, and bums.

Zab is better then Miranda all day.

Funny how you reference Gibbs and Eastman (2 fights Miranda owned) but you don't reference the fight in between that Miranda arguably won against a top guy in Abraham. Taylor gets knocked for arguably losing close fights go Hopkins and Wright but Miranda gets no props for arguably winning against a top guy in Abraham?

While Miranda was winning those fights, Zab was LOSING his fights. That doesn't make Zab any better.

BrutalBodyShots
Slim I agree with you by the way, Cotto met expectations while Pavlik exceeded them.

Cotto was favored heavily over Judah and slightly over Mosley and Cotto won both fights by margins that were in line with the odds.

Pavlik was an underdog to both Taylor and Miranda and not only upset them but did so in brutal fashion.

There's really no argument as to who exceeded expectations as far as their year went.

BigG
Zab lost to Floyd who is the best fighter P4P but at least put a respectable showing. And although Zab was lost his last 2 big fights, skillwise, he is a tougher opponent to beat the Miranda who is basically a new colombian version of Ricardo Mayorga.

Come on brutal, Miranda isn't better then Zab just because he was winning his fights. Miranda was winning them against who? Zab has beaten much better competition throughout his career, is more proven, and is better skillwise.

Miranda got alot of fans excited because he was a big punching exciting fighter. If you watch the man fight he, he is very amateurish, and although he has alot of heart and a big punch, he is another Mayorga skillwise.

I consider Cotto's win over Zab better then Pavlik's win over Miranda.

And although Cotto was the favorite to beat Zab, ALOT of hardcore fans thought Zab had a chance at a KO.

1) Because Cotto had been badly rocked by Corley and Torres.

2) Because Zab was clearly better and more talented than anyone Cotto had ever beaten up to that point.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 12:42 PM) [snapback]372468[/snapback]
Zab lost to Floyd who is the best fighter P4P but at least put a respectable showing. And although Zab was lost his last 2 big fights, skillwise, he is a tougher opponent to beat the Miranda who is basically a new colombian version of Ricardo Mayorga.

Zab is better the Miranda.

Zab also lost to Baldomir, who on a P4P level is arguably less of a fighter than Miranda due mainly to power and speed.

I understand what you are getting at here...Zab is far more skilled, and does have faster hands...but he also has a suspect chin, a 2 cent head and less power. I think that when you add everything up with both Zab and Miranda; the Cotto win over Zab was no better or worse than the Pavlik win over Miranda this year. Both guys left no doubt when it was all said and done.

On a P4P basis, I think that Zab is the better fighter when he is focused, but when he loses that focus (which occurs whenever he faces adversity or resistence), everything changes and he can be beaten by a guy like Baldomir, or dropped by a guy like Terron Millett, or go life and death with a guy like the well past it Rafael Pineda. Zab truly is an enigma, and that is what makes the W over him no better than the W over Miranda in my opinion...and THAT is also what makes it frustrating as hell watching him, because with his gifts, Zab Judah could be a great fighter.
BrutalBodyShots

Come on brutal, Miranda isn't better then Zab just because he was winning his fights. Miranda was winning them against who? Zab has beaten much better competition throughout his career, is more proven, and is better skillwise.

Again, Miranda arguably beat Abraham who is a top guy at 160. If you're going to talk about Hopkins and Wright arguably beating Taylor to knock Taylor be consistent and talk about Miranda arguably beating Abraham. And also, sometimes just "winning fights" is more important. Take a guy like Judah that isn't mentally strong and give him over 2 years without a win and IN MY OPINION you have a lesser fighter. My take is that Judah at the time he fought Cotto wasn't the same as if Judah had taken on Cotto after the Spinks win. Cotto stopping that Judah would have been more of an accomplishment. The Judah that Cotto stopped was expected to happen.

I consider Cotto's win over Zab better then Pavlik's win over Miranda.

I'm well aware of that. And that's something we can agree to disagree on.

And although Cotto was the favorite to beat Zab, ALOT of hardcore fans thought Zab had a chance at a KO.

Of course he had a chance - ALL punchers have a "chance." Obviously those hardcore fans didn't believe in it enough though to bet however... because to refresh your memory Cotto was a 3-1 FAVORITE over Judah. Surely if so many believed that Judah had a good chance of knocking out Cotto they would have jumped on those odds.
BigG
Again, Miranda arguably beat Abraham who is a top guy at 160. If you're going to talk about Hopkins and Wright arguably beating Taylor to knock Taylor be consistent and talk about Miranda arguably beating Abraham. And also, sometimes just "winning fights" is more important.
I cant comment on Miranda's fight with Abraham because I have not seen it. I've only heard that there was some shady officiating at that fight and Miranda broke Abraham's jaw.

Take a guy like Judah that isn't mentally strong and give him over 2 years without a win and IN MY OPINION you have a lesser fighter. My take is that Judah at the time he fought Cotto wasn't the same as if Judah had taken on Cotto after the Spinks win. Cotto stopping that Judah would have been more of an accomplishment. The Judah that Cotto stopped was expected to happen

Do you think Judah faded after the Spinks fight? No. I thought the Judah that fought Cotto was the same as the one that fought the Comse Rivera during the time he was champion.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 27 2007, 12:54 PM) [snapback]372470[/snapback]
Zab also lost to Baldomir, who on a P4P level is arguably less of a fighter than Miranda due mainly to power and speed.

I understand what you are getting at here...Zab is far more skilled, and does have faster hands...but he also has a suspect chin, a 2 cent head and less power. I think that when you add everything up with both Zab and Miranda; the Cotto win over Zab was no better or worse than the Pavlik win over Miranda this year. Both guys left no doubt when it was all said and done.

On a P4P basis, I think that Zab is the better fighter when he is focused, but when he loses that focus (which occurs whenever he faces adversity or resistence), everything changes and he can be beaten by a guy like Baldomir, or dropped by a guy like Terron Millett, or go life and death with a guy like the well past it Rafael Pineda. Zab truly is an enigma, and that is what makes the W over him no better than the W over Miranda in my opinion...and THAT is also what makes it frustrating as hell watching him, because with his gifts, Zab Judah could be a great fighter.

Good points JD. And the thing with Zab is that I think he often gets ranked and/or praised for his ABILITY rather than his accomplishments. You can't say just because Zab has all these natural tools/gifts that he is better than so and so if Zab isn't able to apply those tools and gifts with any sort of regularity. Zab in my view is 1-5 in his 6 biggest career fights... the one win being against Spinks II. And in all of the losses they were CLEAR, no controversy.

BigG
It's funny cus little 5'6 Zab KOED and hurt Cory Spinks very badly...something Taylor wasn't able to do. In fact, Spinks arguably beat Taylor.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]372476[/snapback]
It's funny cus little 5'6 Zab KOED and hurt Cory Spinks very badly...something Taylor wasn't able to do. In fact, Spinks arguably beat Taylor.

Did not surprise me. I fully expected Taylor to make the Spinks fight hard on himself...a slippery southpaw who will not stand still for 3 seconds was the worst thing for the over analytical, not to sharp JT.

The Cotto W over Zab was a very good one, in fact, I gave Zab a good shot there and praised Cotto a great deal for that win and the way he did it...I just do not necessarily think it was any better than Pavlik walking down, walking through, and knocking out a guy no one expected fighters to be able to stand in front of - while I fully expected Pavlik to beat Miranda, the way in which he did it was also quite impressive and worthy of praise.

I really struggle to see where the Zab W was so much more impressive.

Either way...both good fights, and both good wins.
JD
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 27 2007, 01:08 PM) [snapback]372475[/snapback]
Good points JD. And the thing with Zab is that I think he often gets ranked and/or praised for his ABILITY rather than his accomplishments. You can't say just because Zab has all these natural tools/gifts that he is better than so and so if Zab isn't able to apply those tools and gifts with any sort of regularity. Zab in my view is 1-5 in his 6 biggest career fights... the one win being against Spinks II. And in all of the losses they were CLEAR, no controversy.

It is tough, because we get teased by the guys ability. You see a guy who was able to handle Floyd and at times make it look easy for the first 4 rounds of their fight, and on the flipside you see a guy who stood in front of the slow and old as hell Rafael Pineda for 12 rounds and did very little in the process leaving it to the judges and a hope that they liked what he did that night thismuch better.
BigG
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 27 2007, 05:36 PM) [snapback]372465[/snapback]
G...did you pick Miranda to beat Pavlik, or did you expect Pavlik to beat him down?

It sounds like you really think Miranda is crap.

That was long time ago...I cant remember. I never thought he was crap though, I thought he was a really strong guy with average skills. I mean, Pavlik put it on him and I give him credit. It's a good win over a good contender. But IMO, Miranda is not elite. Maybe he can prove me wrong one day but that's my opinion on him.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]372481[/snapback]
That was long time ago...I cant remember. I never thought he was crap though, I thought he was a really strong guy with average skills. I mean, Pavlik put it on him and I give him credit. It's a good win over a good contender. But IMO, Miranda is not elite. Maybe he can prove me wrong one day but that's my opinion on him.

Elite???...Oh certainly not, than again most aren't of elite status in my opinion - including Zab Judah.
BigG
I don't consider Judah elite either but I do certianly think he is a better & more proven fighter then Miranda is...so I consider Cotto's win over Zab better then Pavlik's over Miranda. I guess thats something we have to agree to disagree on.
Southeastpaw
No one seems to want to bring up the Miranda/Greene fight. That was a fight that, if I remember correctly, most on here were not expecting Miranda to win. That was a great win. While Miranda is no MAyweather in terms of skill, I think that waht he does bring to the table is being looked over.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]372487[/snapback]
I don't consider Judah elite either but I do certianly think he is a better & more proven fighter then Miranda is...so I consider Cotto's win over Zab better then Pavlik's over Miranda. I guess thats something we have to agree to disagree on.

LOL...yes, it is.

No one has debated that Judah is more skilled, or has been in more big fights...it is just that his chin and 2 cent head negate a lot of what he has going for him over Miranda. Personally, I think the W's are equal, especially since Zab had not won a fight in better than 2 years when he fought Cotto...but whatever, you are a Zab guy so we are at an impasse.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 02:24 PM) [snapback]372487[/snapback]
I don't consider Judah elite either but I do certianly think he is a better & more proven fighter then Miranda is...

Proven also in terms of losing, being mentally weak and being inconsistent. Yes.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]372476[/snapback]

So are we going down the A/B/C route here and Judah beats Taylor in your view? Styles make fights man - you know this.

BigG
are we going down the A/B/C route here and Judah beats Taylor in your view? Styles make fights man you know this.
Did I ever say Zab would beat Taylor?

Proven also in terms of losing, being mentally weak and being inconsistent. Yes.

Zab might be more mentally weak then Micky Ward as well....He's still better.

Nobudius
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]372525[/snapback]
Zab might be more mentally weak then Micky Ward as well....He's still better.

lol-but would it shock you if Ward beat Zab had they fought again?

I have to give you props though. Defending Judah in any shape or form is no easy feat. There are very few guys that are this unpredictable.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 01:07 PM) [snapback]372474[/snapback]
Do you think Judah faded after the Spinks fight? No. I thought the Judah that fought Cotto was the same as the one that fought the Comse Rivera during the time he was champion.

I don't think he physically faded, but I believe we've seen more glimpses of a mentally weak Judah post Spinks II than we did pre Spinks II.

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 05:24 PM) [snapback]372525[/snapback]
Did I ever say Zab would beat Taylor?

You didn't have to. You said that Zab beat Spinks, a guy that Taylor didn't clearly beat... so somehow you're attempting to credit Zab by discrediting Taylor when it is simply a case of styles making (or not making) fights.

Sugar Q
You can tell there's a lot of biased/haters in here because if Cotto would've beaten Delahoya and Hatton there would be "NO DOUBT" who the fighter of the year would be!!!!!!
BigG
I'm just giving credit where credit is due. Zab, a small Welterweight, knocked out COry Spinks brutally..and Cory Spinks was able to box Taylor to a close fight. I do not think Zab would beat Taylor at all. But the fact that Spinks was able to have a close fight with Taylor 2 divisions above his natural weight makes Zab's win look even better.

That was big win..I will say this, yes Zab is 1-5 in his big fights..but at least he has a 1. What is Miranda's record in big fights again? Zab's pefromance against Spinks in the 2nd fight is without a doubt more impressive than any thing Miranda has EVER done.
Big Slim Sweet
I like Judah, but his history clearly indicates he's just not quite the threat he appears to be. He really is sort of the welterweight version of a post-prison Tyson. What's pathetic is that you know Zab would consider that a compliment.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 28 2007, 12:04 PM) [snapback]372604[/snapback]
That was big win..I will say this, yes Zab is 1-5 in his big fights..but at least he has a 1. What is Miranda's record in big fights again? Zab's pefromance against Spinks in the 2nd fight is without a doubt more impressive than any thing Miranda has EVER done.

Well let's see... Miranda has only had 2 big fights in Pavlik and Abraham. So yes, he's 0-2... but guess what? Your boy ZAB was 0-2 (Tszyu, Spinks I) in his first 2 big fights. Give Miranda 4 more big fights for a total of 6 just like Judah and I say Miranda wins at least one of them.

And I think Miranda arguably beating Abraham is right up there with Zab's stoppage of Spinks. It's not like Spinks was undefeated the way Abraham was when he fought Judah the second time. I consider Spinks and Abraham to be comperable in terms of caliber of fighter, regardless of styles.

BigG
I'm looking at the scores and the scores are 116-109, 114-109, 115-109...like I said, I can't speak on it. I read that there was certainly some BS officiating and point deductions but is that really as good as a 9th round stoppage over an undisputed, HIGHLY skilled champion? And P4P, I do like Spinks slick skills more then Abraham's.

Give Miranda 4 more big fights for a total of 6 just like Judah and I say Miranda wins at least one of them.

Well, until then Zab is better all day.
BrutalBodyShots
Spinks is more "slick" so yeah he gets the edge in that category, but Abraham can punch to go along with sound skills so I don't think Spinks is any higher caliber than Abraham.

JD
In my opinion, Arthur Abraham is a more complete, all around better fighter than Cory Spinks. Spinks is better defensively, but that is the only thing he is better at, and even than, Abraham is very solid defensively.

They are only a few pounds apart, and Spinks has fought at 160...if they ever fought at middle, I would take Abraham without thinking twice.
BigG
I think Abraham might stop Spinks but I just dont see anyone at 154-160 outboxing Spinks. He isn't popular with some of the fans but the mans quickness and defense make him a pretty difficult fighter to deal with. He isnt a walk in the park for anyone.
TheWhiteBuffalo
Cotto? Fighter of the year? You gotta love it when they throw the little guys a bone.

Yahoo! Sports also awarded little Johnny Bower (9-years old) the Baseball player of the year for his great season in the Pee-Wee league. That little guy was so cool when he celebrated his award and his dad showered him with those "little hug" flavored drinks. It was a real tear-jerker! clapping.gif
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 29 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]372697[/snapback]
I think Abraham might stop Spinks but I just dont see anyone at 154-160 outboxing Spinks. He isn't popular with some of the fans but the mans quickness and defense make him a pretty difficult fighter to deal with. He isnt a walk in the park for anyone.

No, he isn't an easy fight because of his defensive style, I just happen to think Abraham would beat him - whether it be by stopping him, or over the distance.
BigG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nWyNHJp38

I found this highlight video of the fight and I think Cory Spinks is actually better then both Miranda and Abraham but thats just my opinion. I prefer his slick style.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.