Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Ward!!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Im ready to see this kid make a name for himself. Will he step up this year and take some meaningful fights or will he take another development year. When I say "take some meaningful fights" I dont mean Top 10 in the division but I mean some very tough journeymen or someone like that!
kidbazooka1
Being that Ward is from my howmtown and coming out of the gym where I use to train I really want him to make a name for himself but as of now he still looks way to green. I think his chin seems to be a big concern for his team that is why they are bringing him along at a very slow pace.

What I don't like about him is how he drops his hands a lot and tries to act like Roy Jones. Thats sh*t worked for Jones because it was his style but if Ward keeps that up he's in serious trouble down the road.
STEVENSKI
I think so little of this chi=ump that I hope hegets KTFO sooner than later. Who has he foughy & what the fyuck has he done fuckib cuny he is . This wanker is meantto be some fuckni gold medalisy & he has done shit because he is a dickwqad who will never tae the pepsi challenhe.
salvador
Miranda and Pascal are both fighting on the same card on FNF on Jan. 11 and I really hope this means that either Showtime or HBO is trying to set up a fight between these guys sometime next year. That said, Ward has been a pro for 3 years and he turns 24 in Feb. At some point they're going to have to put him in with a live guy. I think that if Miranda and Pascal fight next summer, Ward should be ready to fight the loser of that fight in the fall. If Ward's not ready by Sept-Oct, then they should stop giving him so much tv time until he is.
The CEO
QUOTE(STEVENSKI @ Dec 24 2007, 07:24 AM) [snapback]372044[/snapback]
I think so little of this chi=ump that I hope hegets KTFO sooner than later. Who has he foughy & what the fyuck has he done fuckib cuny he is . This wanker is meantto be some fuckni gold medalisy & he has done shit because he is a dickwqad who will never tae the pepsi challenhe.

You're WASTED.

laugh.gif

Big Slim Sweet
Ward was supposed to be fighting William Joppy or Allen Greene on the upcoming Paul Williams undercard but that was scrapped for no clear reason.

I too think he has no chin and is being overprotected as such. When he faces a legit opponent he'll get squashed.
BigG
Andre is very talented. He's only had about 13 fights. Give him time.
Mean Mister Mustard
He may step up but in all likelyhood he may step down via brutal KO loss.

Like somone said, he fights too much like RJ used to but Ward is not as quick as Roid Jones.

He has been developped very carefully. Does that mean they are scared and know he may not be as good as he seems? It took Roy Jones 6 years before he got a title shot and things paid off for him. Maybe they will for Ward.

I would like to see Ward excel. He's a young athletic fighter witha gold medal and he would do wonders for the sport.
Mean Mister Mustard
By the way, Stevenski is definetly wasted.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 24 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]372064[/snapback]
Ward was supposed to be fighting William Joppy or Allen Greene on the upcoming Paul Williams undercard but that was scrapped for no clear reason.

I too think he has no chin and is being overprotected as such. When he faces a legit opponent he'll get squashed.

Allan Green would crush Ward right now!!!!
Douchebag
Why not put him in there with Jaidon Codrington?
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 24 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]372089[/snapback]

Exactly what I was thinking... Maybe Winky Wright by the end of 2008.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 24 2007, 05:09 PM) [snapback]372059[/snapback]
You're WASTED.

laugh.gif

I don't even remember posting that last night. I do have vague memories of walking home though but nothing else. I have the shakes this morning & don't feel so good.

In short Ward is coming along too slowly for a gold medalist & should be challenging for a WT by now but he is so sloppy that he will get KTFO sooner rather than later if he fights the big guns at SM. Stick him in with a Mundine or Kessler I say. Better yet throw him in with Bute.

Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 24 2007, 04:53 PM) [snapback]372086[/snapback]
Allan Green would crush Ward right now!!!!

Agreed, but Joppy seemed to make sense. Old guy, on his career downside, past his best weight.

QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 24 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]372089[/snapback]

This is a pretty good idea.

QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 24 2007, 06:46 PM) [snapback]372095[/snapback]
Maybe Winky Wright by the end of 2008.

Yikes. Why? So he can have his confidence destroyed?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 24 2007, 05:20 PM) [snapback]372089[/snapback]

That would be a good test for him right now.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 25 2007, 02:01 AM) [snapback]372109[/snapback]
I have no doubt in my mind that it's just a matter of time before he is referred to as Andre Fraud.

laugh.gif So true.
The CEO
Well, STEVEN....I'm drunk, and I like Andre Ward....I agree that his style might come back to haunt him against an accurate power puncher...but I see something special in him...the will to fight and win...

I can't see him doing what Roy Jones did in Tarver 3 in the near future....
STEVENSKI
Drunk on old mate Johnny perhaps?
The CEO
Very much so...I'm done for the night. That Gold Label really packs a punch...been trying to build a tolerance to it by upping the dosages....laugh.gif

I feel a little better now since I swithced to Beer....I was super heavy and slow when I typed that last post....

Well....presents are ready, and Christmas morning is coming....have a good night, everybody.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.