Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jackson/Henderson FOTY?
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
tonywithfighthype
With 2007 being pretty much done, do you think this fight was the FOTY? It was a tough fight for both fighters and Jackson himself said it was the toughest and longest of his career.
AussieLad
Agreed. 2 world class fighters in a competitive and exciting match.

Would give an honourable mention to Griffin vs Shogun.
pastor method
respectfully disagree. it was a good fight. but i don't think the significance of the match (ie. unification, two big names, title fight, went five rounds, etc) should matter when considering what was the fight of the year. kind of like taylor-pavlik, i just don't see how the fact that it was a big fight makes it more worthy of being considered fight of the year, when other fights were more entertaining. jackson-henderson was not as aesthetically pleasing as many other fights were this year. off the top of my head, huerta-guida is fight of the year in mma, imo.
tonywithfighthype
QUOTE(pastor method @ Dec 26 2007, 10:49 AM) [snapback]372344[/snapback]
respectfully disagree. it was a good fight. but i don't think the significance of the match (ie. unification, two big names, title fight, went five rounds, etc) should matter when considering what was the fight of the year. kind of like taylor-pavlik, i just don't see how the fact that it was a big fight makes it more worthy of being considered fight of the year, when other fights were more entertaining. jackson-henderson was not as aesthetically pleasing as many other fights were this year. off the top of my head, huerta-guida is fight of the year in mma, imo.

I have to disagree on Huerta-Guida as it wasn't really back and forth. It was a fairly one-sided fight until the knee in the 3rd round.

After thinking this over I would have to go with Gomi/Diaz. Diaz got dropped in the fight, came back and pulled off that incredible gogopolata.

"Would give an honourable mention to Griffin vs Shogun."

Same here. That was a good fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.