Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kermit Calls Out Antonio!!!!!!!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
D-MARV
Kermit officially called out Antonio Margarito!
Fightnews reported it today. I think Tony might bite on this one!
Cintron by MD!
He has improved since their first meeting. Tony Hasn't!
The CEO
Well...it would be a good fight for our entertainment....

but from what I've heard about Cintron behind the scenes, and from what I've had to hear about Margarito from his superfans....I wouldn't give a fuck who wins it.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 24 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]372119[/snapback]
Well...it would be a good fight for our entertainment....

but from what I've heard about Cintron behind the scenes, and from what I've had to hear about Margarito from his superfans....I wouldn't give a fuck who wins it.

What did you hear about Cintron?
kidbazooka1
Margarito will always be a bad match up for Cintron he has not improved all that much just look at the Feliciano fight.

Margarito by stoppage within 8.
The CEO
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 24 2007, 10:06 PM) [snapback]372120[/snapback]
What did you hear about Cintron?

I don't remember the thread....but his former manager came in here and spoke his mind...something about how Cintron ended up shitting on his loyalty...also that he was pussywhipped and doesn't train like a professional...

So basically, he was a piece of shit...a bum with issues and a punch.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The C.E.O. @ Dec 24 2007, 10:15 PM) [snapback]372127[/snapback]
I don't remember the thread....but his former manager came in here and spoke his mind...something about how Cintron ended up shitting on his loyalty...also that he was pussywhipped and doesn't train like a professional...

So basically, he was a piece of shit...a bum with issues and a punch.

Gotcha!
Pussy can mess you up bad!
D-MARV
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 24 2007, 10:07 PM) [snapback]372121[/snapback]
Margarito will always be a bad match up for Cintron he has not improved all that much just look at the Feliciano fight.

Margarito by stoppage within 8.

I could be wrong!
But i dont think Cintron had Steward in his corner when they fought. Also, he did take that fight on 4 weeks notice and was on a 9 month lay off.
If Cintron trains hard, then he can beat Tony. And I think he will!
The Original MrFactor
What happened to the Williams fight?? Jinda strange Kermit calls injury when Williams calls his name out. Now that Williams has signed with another opponent, Cintron starts calling out someone else... Sounds like a duck to me...
streetlion1
Go ahead and let these two fight each other. At this point it doesnt really interest me to see either one of these guys against PBF or Cotto as I beleive they would be chopped up. Let Margarito beat is ass again and see what comes up after.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 25 2007, 05:56 AM) [snapback]372145[/snapback]
Also damlavos, I don't think you have enough pictures in your sig. You should put some more, lol.

How many pictures can a guy need?
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 24 2007, 11:41 PM) [snapback]372134[/snapback]
I could be wrong!
But i dont think Cintron had Steward in his corner when they fought. Also, he did take that fight on 4 weeks notice and was on a 9 month lay off.
If Cintron trains hard, then he can beat Tony. And I think he will!

Feliciano was able to give Kirmet all he could handle before he got cought and thats thats he's basicaly a club fighter. Margarito brings a lot of pressure aswell but with a much better punch and chin. I just can't see Kirmet beating Tony in any way.

Margarito will stop Kirmet agian if they meet.
moscow bear
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 25 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]372153[/snapback]
Feliciano was able to give Kirmet all he could handle before he got cought and thats thats he's basicaly a club fighter. Margarito brings a lot of pressure aswell but with a much better punch and chin. I just can't see Kirmet beating Tony in any way.

Margarito will stop Kirmet agian if they meet.

exactly.....Chingone looked PATHETIC (injury or not) against Feliciano (a Gatti-type fighter). Margie will stop him again.
moscow bear
what is actually funny is that steward wants this fight..... he cant be that stupid! i tend to think that he cannot see any future in working with cintron, and wants him get ktfo asap for the most money available.
salvador
Cintron wants no part of Williams. I knew that his camp wouldn't let that fight happen.

I think Margarito's waiting to find out if Cotto's fighting DLH before he signs to fight anyone. Unfortunately I think Margarito's going to be waiting a long time because even if Cotto doesn't get DLH, he'll probably get Mayorga. Maybe the Judah offer is real for Tony.
Douchebag
good.........
D-MARV
Yall might call me a Margarito hater, but im not sold on this guy. I'm not sold on Cintron either. I dont doubt the fact that Cintron isn't as good as he is getting hyped up to be, But I think he has a chance at Tony. Margarito hasn't impress me at all. I thought Clottey was owning him until he hurt his hand. I would like to see the Judah fight! Iam a Judah fan so of course I will pick Supa for the mild upset. But like I said Im not completely sold on Tony yet. He needs to beat one of the top Welters for me to give him his credit. The first Cintron fight, from what I hear, Kermit went into that fight with some issues. Im not sure if it was women problems, but he was not ready for that fight. I watched that fight recently and Cintron had no game plan. He was in their just fighting. He was also out of shape, he was breathing hard by the thrid. Since that fight, he has made some changes in his corner, and knowing Emanuel, he dont play that "bring my girlfriend to training shit". He is all business. Tony might win the rematch but it will be closer then most people seem to think. I much rather see Margarito-Cotto, or Margarito-Mosely. A Mosley fight might be his best fight. They'll make some cash while they wait on thier next title fight.
BrutalBodyShots
Steward probably wants this fight so he can see Cintron lose... he's had it in for him since his celebratory injury.

I don't see how anyone in their right mind could even entertain the thought of this fight ended any way other than Margarito by stoppage.

Look no further than the Cintron-Feliciano fight if you are having trouble making your pick, or more importantly Margarito-Cintron I.

PR316
Margarito stops him again. Steward would be stupid to let this one happen.
Lil-lightsout
Okay, I am picking Cintron in this fight. Margarito sucks, and Kermit will be prepared this time around. It is time for him to step up and to see if he belongs with the rest of the welterweights. As far as the Feliciano fight, it was a scrub he surely did not take seriously during training. MANY champions throughout boxing have looked terrible fighting lesser opponents, only to look way better in there next fight.I can name several fighters and there fights. Why does no one mention the Walter Mattyse fight who Kermit destroyed in two rounds??? The same guy that buzzed Paul Williams many times when they fought and gave Paul a tough fight. People always just want to look at the negatives, and forget the positives. Maybe Kermit loses against Margarito, who actually does not suck(joking before), atleast he is willing to step up and try to avenge his embarrassing defeat a couple years ago. I truly think Kermit would come into this fight 100% ready and give his all, and I think he can pull it off.
Southeastpaw
I used to feel the same as you dmarvelous about Margarito. But not anymore. The guy is fierce. I don't care for him too much. But I think there are only two guys at 147 that can beat him and one already has. The other being Floyd. Cintron needs a urinalysis for callin out Margarito, or maybe it is Steward that needs to hang em up. The crap he was spoutin prior to Taylor's bout with Pavlik was crackish to say the least. So he just may be filling Cintron's head up with some kind of bull. Cintron should stay clear of Margarito as long as he can.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 25 2007, 11:37 AM) [snapback]372172[/snapback]
I used to feel the same as you dmarvelous about Margarito. But not anymore. The guy is fierce. I don't care for him too much. But I think there are only two guys at 147 that can beat him and one already has. The other being Floyd. Cintron needs a urinalysis for callin out Margarito, or maybe it is Steward that needs to hang em up. The crap he was spoutin prior to Taylor's bout with Pavlik was crackish to say the least. So he just may be filling Cintron's head up with some kind of bull. Cintron should stay clear of Margarito as long as he can.

Cintron needs this fight if he wants to regain the respect of hardcore boxing fans. Thats why I think it's a good thing even if he loses and puts on a good show he still redeems himself.
BigG
Margarito in the early rounds again. Too much for Cintron...

EVERY other top welterweight would beat Kermit's ass.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 25 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]372168[/snapback]
Okay, I am picking Cintron in this fight. Margarito sucks, and Kermit will be prepared this time around.

The way he was prepared for Feliciano? thumbsup_anim.gif
WolfishPromistah
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 25 2007, 11:13 AM) [snapback]372168[/snapback]
Okay, I am picking Cintron in this fight. Margarito sucks, and Kermit will be prepared this time around. It is time for him to step up and to see if he belongs with the rest of the welterweights. As far as the Feliciano fight, it was a scrub he surely did not take seriously during training. MANY champions throughout boxing have looked terrible fighting lesser opponents, only to look way better in there next fight.I can name several fighters and there fights. Why does no one mention the Walter Mattyse fight who Kermit destroyed in two rounds??? The same guy that buzzed Paul Williams many times when they fought and gave Paul a tough fight. People always just want to look at the negatives, and forget the positives. Maybe Kermit loses against Margarito, who actually does not suck(joking before), atleast he is willing to step up and try to avenge his embarrassing defeat a couple years ago. I truly think Kermit would come into this fight 100% ready and give his all, and I think he can pull it off.

Great post, man! That's what I'm talkin' about -- way to encourage competition for the sake of what we love as fans. Best thing for Kermit right now IS to take out Margarito after the fights he's had against lesser competition. Going back to get some get back is the right thing to do. The idea is probably to first face Margarito, with the objective of course being to win. And I'm sure Kermit is gonna train his ass off for this one if he really feels he just had a bad night for things he was doing outside the fight with Margarito. Now, the thing is to first beat the man who got beaten BY Williams then take ON Williams, which will bring bigger money in the end. It's a gamble, but it will be worth it if he does in fact prove that his loss to Tony the first time was just a fluke because of his extra curricular activities. Then they can do it again in the third fight if he gets past both Margarito and Wlliams. And that will really be all he needs to have his name back with greatest respect as a top threat to the biggest names out there in Mosely, Cotto and Mayweather.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 25 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]372239[/snapback]
The way he was prepared for Feliciano? thumbsup_anim.gif

Man, and I thought you were better than that. You take one portion of my post and throw it in my face. Did you read the rest of my post??? aggressive.gif
JD
LOL...Cintron is still the same weak minded guy, and Margarito is the same aggressive puncher who made him cry the first time.

Yeah, Cintron has looked better against no-hopers...but when he gets in the ring with Margarito again, he will be reduced to his vaginal self.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 26 2007, 02:38 AM) [snapback]372263[/snapback]
Not MANY champions have been reduced to a pile of tears either.

Okay, so Kermit is emotional. I see no problem with that. He lost his first fight on the biggest night of his life on the big stage. I could not imagine what was going threw his head that night, it was too much for him to handle that night. This is a guy who had very little amateur experience and a green team. Maybe he matured and has learned from that night, time will tell.

I have seen fighters cry a few times after fights were over, there only human. Hell, I have seen Mayweather cry numerous times after fights. Yeah, I know, but he wins his fights.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 26 2007, 05:23 AM) [snapback]372253[/snapback]
...but when he gets in the ring with Margarito again, he will be reduced to his vaginal self.

laugh.gif JD could be Maussa like as he is a prophet!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Lil-lightsout @ Dec 25 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]372248[/snapback]
Man, and I thought you were better than that. You take one portion of my post and throw it in my face. Did you read the rest of my post??? aggressive.gif

Dude, you are picking a guy that not only was brutally beaten in the first fight and stopped to win the rematch, but you are picking a guy that was brutally beaten and made to CRY in the original to win the rematch. If you can reference for me a fight in the past where that happened I'll Paypal your ass $1000 immediately. The odds for Margarito-Cintron II would be wider than 3-1... probably 4-1... I don't know how ANYONE could pick Cintron considering the first fight. Be prepared to catch heat for making such a pick since no one will see it the way you do.

xxxxxx
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 26 2007, 01:23 AM) [snapback]372253[/snapback]
LOL...Cintron is still the same weak minded guy, and Margarito is the same aggressive puncher who made him cry the first time.

Yeah, Cintron has looked better against no-hopers...but when he gets in the ring with Margarito again, he will be reduced to his vaginal self.

I agree, Cintron will lose the rematch badly and never be the same.It's a fight that Margarito should take.
BigG
I'll give Cintron credit for calling out Margairto and wanting to avenge his loss, but he will get absolutely destoryed.

Cintron hit Margarito with some big shots and Margarito smiled at him and gave some right back.

Cintron couldn't handle the pressure of Tony and got knocked down 4 times and quit.

Cintron just doesn't have the heart or toughness to beat Margarito.

Margarito would ruin Cintron next time.
buford54
Gotta go w/ Margarito.
Cintron is good when he is the aggressor. Margarito is always the aggressor though and Kermit will be forced to try to to keep Tony off of him.
I say Tony in an entertaining scrap, by KO again.
Kermit will know better than to cry this time though.
Douchebag
Last time Cintron fought Tony he didn't have Manny in his corner that could make a difference. I mean this is the same guy who devised a gameplan for Oliver McCall when he KOed Lenox Lewis. That has to count for something.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 27 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]372521[/snapback]
Last time Cintron fought Tony he didn't have Manny in his corner that could make a difference. I mean this is the same guy who devised a gameplan for Oliver McCall when he KOed Lenox Lewis. That has to count for something.

Manny certainly didn't seem to help Cintron when he was in there against a HUGE threat in Feliciano in his last outing...

laugh.gif
Milk Dud
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 27 2007, 03:17 PM) [snapback]372503[/snapback]
I'll give Cintron credit for calling out Margairto and wanting to avenge his loss, but he will get absolutely destoryed.

Cintron hit Margarito with some big shots and Margarito smiled at him and gave some right back.

Cintron couldn't handle the pressure of Tony and got knocked down 4 times and quit.

Cintron just doesn't have the heart or toughness to beat Margarito.

Margarito would ruin Cintron next time.

I dont and why should we give him credit?

what are we to expect of him?

"Cintron wants no part of Tony" Fightnews

you think thats what he would want as a headline?

cmon what's he supposed to say.

Cintron has very questionable testicular fortitude. If the Margarito fight didn't convince then wiggling around like he got shot after the Feliciano fight should have convinced you.

Cintron knows his options are limited as a no name title holder. Fight the other no name title holder in Williams or go after the guy who beat him. Thats it and if he cannot fight until March, which is what he was alluding to, and Williams wants to fight beforehand what do you think is his only real option?

and BTW what the fuck is an injured Cintron now calling out fighters for when he had Williams waiting for him? Shouldn't he wait until his supposed hand injury heal before he starts thumping his chest?

screw him I am sure Margarito will jump at the chance to fight him again.
BigG
I'm just saying, if he GENUINELY wants to avenge his loss which left him crying in the ring then I'll give him credit for that.....I dont think much of Cintron. He looked like total crap against Feliciano... a guy he should've stopped in 4 rounds. He losses to every top Welterweight.
xxxxxx
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 28 2007, 01:20 AM) [snapback]372551[/snapback]
I'm just saying, if he GENUINELY wants to avenge his loss which left him crying in the ring then I'll give him credit for that.....I dont think much of Cintron. He looked like total crap against Feliciano... a guy he should've stopped in 4 rounds. He losses to every top Welterweight.

Yup, I give him credit too, but it aint gonna matter.I'm kinda surprised he's calling Margarito out, but maybe he feels he's learned somethin new with Emanual.He may have improved and put up a better showing, but he's in for a rude awakening.Once he loses by ko again he will be finished as a top contender in my opinion.
salvador
Cintron needs time to set up his punches to get maximum leverage. Tony ain't gonna give him that time. Cintron would have a much better chance against a guy like Judah, who will give him the time to set up those big shots and who will fall when those shots land.
BigG
Cintron only has the punchers chance against Zab. He doesn't have the footwork or the speed to get away from Zab's left hands. He doens't have the toughness to take them. Zab would look GREAT if he ever fought Cintron.
JD
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 28 2007, 09:31 AM) [snapback]372572[/snapback]
Cintron only has the punchers chance against Zab. He doesn't have the footwork or the speed to get away from Zab's left hands. He doens't have the toughness to take them. Zab would look GREAT if he ever fought Cintron.

All Zab would have to do is act tough at the weigh-in and talk his general thug gibberish, and the fight would be won. Cintron would be beaten before he stepped in the ring, and the moment he had to deal with a few punches landing clean and Zab's handspeed the fight would be over because Cintron would stop trying to land with band intentions.
salvador
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:31 AM) [snapback]372572[/snapback]

You're assuming that Zab would stay on his toes and box all night without fading. I can't see it. I think Kermit is the most overrated of all the wws, and maybe the most overrated guy in the sport, but he's a big ww and Zab ain't got the power to stop him. I see Zab fading late and Kermit getting the ko. Zab's only intelligent move right now is to start living on tofu and celery and get back down to 140 to fight Hatton.
BigG
Trust me dude...Zab's got pop at WW. Cosme Rivera, the same guy who went 12 with Berto and Joel Julio, was wasted in 3 by Judah. And Cosme is a pretty durable fighter.

Cintron can DEFINITELY be stopped by a Judah left.

I know I sound like a nuthugger but I call it how I see it. What Zab lacks in conditioning he doesnt lack in hand speed, power, talent. And that should be able to beat a guy like Cintron. Judah cant beat the best the WW division has to offer (Cotto, Mayweather, Williams, Margarito) BUT a guy like Cintron would get killed agianst Judah.
BrutalBodyShots
I agree that Zab has the power to stop Cintron with his left, but I don't believe it would be with just a single left or even the first few he lands. Cintron would take it and do his best to stay away from that power for the rest of the fight, getting caught here and there from then on out. I think Zab would finally take Cintron out in the middle rounds give or take, but that is also the time that Zab usually folds mentally so who knows what happens at that point if Cintron is still standing.

Elijah
Kermit Cintron will not get "killed" by Zab Judah. Bad choice of word there. I pretty much agree with Brutals thoughts on this fight. Zab iwill look good against just about anyone at 147/140 for the first few rounds then it's all downhill from there. Dude just doesn't have the mental toughness to hang anymore. Not to mention the fact that Yoel is a horrible cornerman and does absolutely nothing to help him during his bouts.
Southeastpaw
I would love to see a fight between Kermit and Zab. Just to see who breaks first. Zab could very well discourage Kermit early on with his speed and power. Not crazy. But it could go the other way as well. I believe that if they ever fight, whoever comes in the more focused fighter will win that match-up.
PR316
Both guys got a big mouth. But Zab showed me more heart in his fight against Cotto than Cintron has showed me ever. I think it could go either way. Probably the first that lands big gets the KO. Gotta go with the faster handed and quicker footed Judah who is not as weak mentally as Cintron is.
WolfishPromistah
"Judah who is not as weak mentally as ___ is."

Who'd have thought the day would ever come?

Yeah, these two should fight because they are the most evenly matched in that department.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.