Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Threat to the Throne...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
streetlion1
Now alot could be said about bad style matchups for him against the bigger welters. However IMO I dont beleive Margarito, Cintron, Williams, and most definitely not Clottey would have much of a chance against PBF! The reason being, those guys have (especially Williams, and Margarito) high work-rates which may or may not cause problems. That kind of work-rate comes with a draw-back. If you leave yourself open against Floyd he is gonna chop you up! I IMO, happen to think besides their superior chins, that their size would be a bit of a dis-advantage. Margarito is too slow and throws too many looping punches therefore would be easier to counter. PW at this point isnt experienced enough to deal with the raw skill and speed. Cintron and Clottey-just forget about it! So that leaves a couple guys by the names of Cotto and Mosley. I beleive that only those two would threaten PBF at this point. Its going to require body-work, speed , and over-all boxing skill and smarts to beat this guy. Cotto is faster than alot of people think. He also is IMO, the best body-puncher in the sport. Mosley with his speed and physical style would also give PBF fits. In the end though who knows what route PBF will decide to take.Though I have been very critical of him in other threads, I have to admit I admire his ability. I just wish he would listen to the boxing fans and make some fights happen. He seems more interested in his own agenda. Which is why I always loved a guy like DLH-He made the fights happen and stood up and fought everybody. dntknw.gif What does everyone else think?! dntknw.gif
Blayde
I dont even say that Williams would have a good chance of beating Floyd. I say that Floyd does not stand ANY chance against Williams. Thats sounds a bit heavy because we are talking about the number 1 p4p. But at 147 I see him finding his limits. No doubt it would Williams could not keep his workrate as high as he usually does. And yes, there is no one at 147 who can go in and out quicker than Floyd. Plus of course he could try to clinch and smother Williams after having thrown his own 1 or 2 shots. But I just dont see him being able to avoid enough of Williams punches the entire fight.

A very tall fighter who has pretty fast hands and could even fight at middleweight without any problems, even though he could not be an absolute top fighter in that division, is too much for Floyd in my opinion.

Im not sure about a Floyd-Margarito fight and I think he could beat Cotto, Mosley and Clottey but especially a Mosley fight would be very difficult for him in my eyes.

Thats why I could understand him not fighting everybody in that division, even if the money was right. If he did that, he would lose because of his size some time.
BigG
Cotto.....Cotto-Mayweather would be like the Castillo-Mayweather fightts...Cotto applies that same type of intelligent brutal pressure...unlike Ricky who rushes in with his hands down trying to land a leaping a left hook then holds.
D-MARV
Margarito is to slow and will get countered all night! If De La Hoya couldn't do enough to stop Mayweather, then I doubt Margarito will. Cotto will be an interesting fight, but I see cotto losing the fight by a margin of 116-112 or something like that. Mayweather will pot shot his way to a victory. Mayweather will handle Mosley. I like sugar Shane alot but I just dont think he has enough left in the tank. Shane in His prime, at a lower weight (135 0r 140) would've had a chance! Clottey would start off good then lose the last 8 or 9 rounds! Cintron will prolly do the same! With that being said! It only leaves one Welterweight and that is Paul Williams. Williams has the best chance of them all. I can see the work rate, height and hand speed, giving floyd some problems. But like someone mentioned already, he leaves himself open alot. In the four rounds it took Williams to destory Sharmba, Sharmba was able to land some clean shots. I see Floyd outpointing Williams by a very close Margin! Williams might get cut! Floyd takes it 115-113, something along the lines of that. Maybe even a split or Majority decision. Floyd said He wasn't fight until 2009! Ill be interested to see where Berto stands at that point! He can sneak in the top 5 by the end of this year!!!!!!!
Douchebag
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 25 2007, 01:49 PM) [snapback]372205[/snapback]
Margarito is to slow and will get countered all night! If De La Hoya couldn't do enough to stop Mayweather, then I doubt Margarito will. Cotto will be an interesting fight, but I see cotto losing the fight by a margin of 116-112 or something like that. Mayweather will pot shot his way to a victory. Mayweather will handle Mosley. I like sugar Shane alot but I just dont think he has enough left in the tank. Shane in His prime, at a lower weight (135 0r 140) would've had a chance! Clottey would start off good then lose the last 8 or 9 rounds! Cintron will prolly do the same! With that being said! It only leaves one Welterweight and that is Paul Williams. Williams has the best chance of them all. I can see the work rate, height and hand speed, giving floyd some problems. But like someone mentioned already, he leaves himself open alot. In the four rounds it took Williams to destory Sharmba, Sharmba was able to land some clean shots. I see Floyd outpointing Williams by a very close Margin! Williams might get cut! Floyd takes it 115-113, something along the lines of that. Maybe even a split or Majority decision. Floyd said He wasn't fight until 2009! Ill be interested to see where Berto stands at that point! He can sneak in the top 5 by the end of this year!!!!!!!

The only person that I can see Berto POSSIBLY beating at this point that is in the top 5 is Cintron. I think he is still to green to take on any of those guys. He and Cotto would be a good potential match up down the road though.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Dec 25 2007, 02:00 PM) [snapback]372207[/snapback]
The only person that I can see Berto POSSIBLY beating at this point that is in the top 5 is Cintron. I think he is still to green to take on any of those guys. He and Cotto would be a good potential match up down the road though.

Agreed!
He still needs 2 or 3 fights before he fights for a title. He's scheduled to fight in Feb. then I like to see him against a good Vet! someone like Zab Judah or luis collazo, then he should fight for a title. If my prediction holds up, he should be ready for a title match in Early 2009
The Original MrFactor
As I've been stating for the last 1.5 years... Antonio Margarito KO's Mayweather. Paul Williams stops him as well. Clottey has a shot to D12 him. Cotto would give him a competitive fight, but I think Mayweather guts out a D12 over Cotto... There I said it, now we'll hear from the Mayweather faithful...

PS
Funny thing is, I could have said Vitali Klitschko, David Haye and James Toney. The Floyd Faithful would give the same excuses as to how Mayweather would overcome severe physical advantages and win those 3 fights. Floyd would make easy work of Vitaly Klitschko because Vitaly swings those wide looping shots, ripe for Floyd to counter him all day. He'd easily work his way inside David Haye's jab with his superb defense and beat him because he's more experienced. He's much faster than James Toney and would probably stop him in the later rounds...

Thats how these Floyd faithful justify Mayweather beating guys that he'll never fight.1 Some people dont get the fact that Mayweather is a small welter and would really struggle with a natural welter thats in his prime. Thats is the real reason he hasnt fought one yet. He probably wont. Hence the Hatton fight. I like the win against Ricky Hatton, but it wasnt a WW fight, get real. It was a fight between 2 guys that are best suited for 140. Mayweather just took advantage oif the fact that he's been fighting at 47 for a minute and he's much stronger than Hatton at the weight. Mark my words... Mayweather will never fight Williams or Margarito. Its not because of the $$ either. We will always be left scratching our heads as to what could have been. It wont happen...

Think a minute... Baldomir is the ONLY WW Floyd has fought despite being at the weight for almost 2 years... He has never beat a natural WW in their prime...
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 25 2007, 07:19 PM) [snapback]372231[/snapback]
As I've been stating for the last 1.5 years... Antonio Margarito KO's Mayweather. Paul Williams stops him as well. Clottey has a shot to D12 him. Cotto would give him a competitive fight, but I think Mayweather guts out a D12 over Cotto... There I said it, now we'll hear from the Mayweather faithful...
PS
Funny thing is, I could have said Vitali Klitschko, David Haye and James Toney. The Floyd Faithful would give the same excuses as to how Mayweather would overcome severe physical advantages and win those 3 fights. Floyd would make easy work of Vitaly Klitschko because Vitaly swings those wide looping shots, ripe for Floyd to counter him all day. He'd easily work his way inside David Haye's jab with his superb defense and beat him because he's more experienced. He's much faster than James Toney and would probably stop him in the later rounds...

Thats how these Floyd faithful justify Mayweather beating guys that he'll never fight.1 Some people dont get the fact that Mayweather is a small welter and would really struggle with a natural welter thats in his prime. Thats is the real reason he hasnt fought one yet. He probably wont. Hence the Hatton fight. I like the win against Ricky Hatton, but it wasnt a WW fight, get real. It was a fight between 2 guys that are best suited for 140. Mayweather just took advantage oif the fact that he's been fighting at 47 for a minute and he's much stronger than Hatton at the weight. Mark my words... Mayweather will never fight Williams or Margarito. Its not because of the $$ either. We will always be left scratching our heads as to what could have been. It wont happen...

Think a minute... Baldomir is the ONLY WW Floyd has fought despite being at the weight for almost 2 years... He has never beat a natural WW in their prime...

OK, First off let me say Merry Christmas Too YOu!!!!
Im a Mayweather fan! I like his skills and I think he is a great fighter. "All Time Great" not yet but maybe one day. You say he hasn't fought any natural welterweights! Maybe true! but he has fought guys naturally bigger than him De La Hoya, Corrales, and Castillo. Like I mentioned before, I dont think Margarito would be able to find Mayweather enough to win, let alone, KO him. If De la Hoya (who I think is better than Margarito) couldn't do it then I doubt Tony can. I think you are a person who is getting Desperate to find a guy to beat Mayweather! Floyd would out point Clottey by a wide margin. Now onto Williams! I can see Paul giving Floyd a tough Fight and Possibly winning a decision. But he would not knock Floyd Out. Even though Zab isnt that much bigger than Mayweather he was still a dangerous opponent for Floyd. Despite what many say about Zab, he is a dangerous opponent for everyone in the division!! I honestly think we will get to see Mayweather-Cotto in June or September of 2008 and when we do, I honestly think that Mayweather will win a UD. But you know what! People Like You! will say Floyd just ran all night and will not understand that boxing is all about hitting and not getting hit. And at this time no one is better at that than Floyd Mayweather!!!!!!!
PS
Floyd Would Stop:
Vitali in 6
Toney on cuts by round 10
and get a First Round KO over David Haye taunt.gif
Jack 1000
First choice for me is Williams because of his size and reach. The second choice is Cotto because of his power, inside fighting ability, and strong stamina. The negative for Cotto is that he gets hit a little too often and cleanly. Judah had Cotto in trouble early and Cotto responded with pressure and low blows to get himself out of trouble. Williams beating Margarito seems to be the strongest evidence that he would give Floyd his toughest battle. The thing to remember about Williams is that he possess many of the boxing skills that Mayweather does so well, but at a higher natural weight.

Jack
streetlion1
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 25 2007, 06:19 PM) [snapback]372231[/snapback]
PS

Now I am probably the last guy who you would call a Mayweather fan (just look at the "A Question" thread), but I am stating the obvious. Even though PBF wont show he has a set and take any of these fights-I agree with you on that point. I dont think its because he'll lose-I just think he really doesnt wanna be tested and wants only fighters who he knows he can beat. However, "Margarito k.o. Mayweather"- that is just not realistic in my veiw (even though that statement makes me think cause he did turn down 8 mil to fight him). He is just too slow and I dont think he would ever land cleanly on PBF. The Clottey statement I really have trouble with!! PBF would end up with a late round TKO no question. The worst match-up for PBF is a hard-hitting body puncher who knows how to box, ala Cotto,or Mosley. DLH even at his age would dispose of Clottey,Margarito, or Cintron. So I dont see PBF being that bothered by their styles. PW is the one who seems most capable but, I have to see him against someone faster than Margarito before I rush to say he'd beat Mayweather. just my opinion...Merry X-Mas to all!
and the NEW
I can see Cotto, Mosley or Williams posing Floyd some problems.

But hey, I thought DLH would beat him, and gave Corrales, Gatti and Zab punchers chances. None of them (except maybe DLH) even came close!

I think Floyd chin is solid, so the power is not going to get too him. Its a solid jab, bodywork, measured attack that is going to get too him. Cotto and Mosley could both do this. Williams is a different customer alltogether, just cant see how that fight would pan out, so I wont even begin to pick it apart.
PR316
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 26 2007, 12:19 AM) [snapback]372231[/snapback]
As I've been stating for the last 1.5 years... Antonio Margarito KO's Mayweather. PS

Oh my God. Your gonna make me sick to my stomach, man. Listen, if you want to see Mayweather/Margarito so badly, then just pop in a tape of Mayweather/Baldomir and there you go. Because thats exactly how the fight would pan out. Margarito plodding forward, getting caught with counters on the way in, being tied up inside, being made to look stupid, pattern repeats, over and over again. You get the picture. So stop wasting your time in thinking about it because not only is the fight not gonna happen, but its not worth our time. Margarito couldn't even beat Daniel Santos or Paul Williams. There is NO WAY he beats Mayweather.

Oscar De La Hoya was a bigger threat than Margarito will ever be.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 25 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]372247[/snapback]
Oh my God. Your gonna make me sick to my stomach, man. Listen, if you want to see Mayweather/Margarito so badly, then just pop in a tape of Mayweather/Baldomir and there you go. Because thats exactly how the fight would pan out. Margarito plodding forward, getting caught with counters on the way in, being tied up inside, being made to look stupid, pattern repeats, over and over again. You get the picture. So stop wasting your time in thinking about it because not only is the fight not gonna happen, but its not worth our time. Margarito couldn't even beat Daniel Santos or Paul Williams. There is NO WAY he beats Mayweather.

I think Tony would be slightly more competetive than Baldomir, but overall you are right, Floyd would EASILY defeat the slow plodding Margarito.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 25 2007, 10:14 PM) [snapback]372247[/snapback]

Baldomir is a bad comparison to Margarito. Margarito is bigger by 4 inches. He has a 6inch reach advantage over Baldomir. He throws more punches. He's much more aggressive. He hits harder. He 7 years younger than Baldomir. The tape you want me top throw in is gonna have to be altered with CGI and some other special effects because Mayweather is gonna get hit by Margarito a ton more than he was hit by the short armed, slow swinging, old man that is Carlos Baldomir...

Whoops... My bad, Baldomir and Margarito are the same... Floyd by wide UD...

Floyd also beats Vitaly Klitschko for the same reasons you listed above...
and the NEW
Yeh, not sure what dream land Margarito fans are living in! They are riding their win over Cintron all the way to the bank! Who is Cintron again?
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 26 2007, 02:43 AM) [snapback]372266[/snapback]
There's a little part of me that wants Mayweather to fight Margarito. Just so when Mayweather schools the living shit out of him, I can say that this is one time I would get joy in saying "I told you so".

Yes, I completely wish that would happen. I'm so fucking tired of people thinking that Margarito is anything but a big punching bag.

Anyway, as to the topic at hand, I would think that Paul Williams, being a large, slick southpaw would pose serious problems for Floyd. He's a bad matchup for almost anyone, but then again, it's kind of hard to pick against Floyd in a fight that would be largely a "boxing match."

Cotto could be a serious challenge too, if he can cut the ring off and pound him to the body.
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(and the NEW @ Dec 26 2007, 06:19 AM) [snapback]372284[/snapback]
Yeh, not sure what dream land Margarito fans are living in! They are riding their win over Cintron all the way to the bank! Who is Cintron again?

Yeah, a win over Kermit " The Crier" Cintron does not go very far gaining respect in my eyes.
buford54
I would give Cotto an above average chance at a win, though I'd probably pick Floyd by 115-113.
That would be an interesting fight though. Cotto often times loses some early rounds but comes on in the mid-late rounds to decision/ko his opponent.
Floyd does the same thing, but doesn't have the power. He gives away a few early rounds to figure out the style/let the oppenent get confident in their strategy. Then he picks it apart and the opponent isn't able to switch the style.
Cotto makes for the most interesting fight and probably one of the more well-rounded fighters that Floyd would face. I think that Floyd will sit out until Cotto gets another belt or so, and will let DLH fight another fight. He'll either take the bigger of those 2 paydays, or let Cotto and DLH fight each other and then will fight the winner.

I think Williams is the one fighter I would pick over Floyd. Vernon Forrest said it after he embarassed Shane..."the way to beat speed is with a jab." And Williams would have that jab in Floyd's face ALL NIGHT! Paul's hands are quick and he is constantly punching. While he doesn't use much pop, Floyd's going to have a hell of a time slipping all of those punches, not getting tangled up in those long arms and landing clean punches.
I think Williams wins a UD over Floyd, and there isn't enough money for Floyd for that fight to ever happen. It's not a big PPV seller, as only the die-hard fans would pay for it.

WolfishPromistah
QUOTE(Jack 1000 @ Dec 25 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]372234[/snapback]
First choice for me is Williams because of his size and reach. The second choice is Cotto because of his power, inside fighting ability, and strong stamina. The negative for Cotto is that he gets hit a little too often and cleanly. Judah had Cotto in trouble early and Cotto responded with pressure and low blows to get himself out of trouble. Williams beating Margarito seems to be the strongest evidence that he would give Floyd his toughest battle. The thing to remember about Williams is that he possess many of the boxing skills that Mayweather does so well, but at a higher natural weight.

Jack

And he's a long and fast southpaw -- Maybe still a "slight" problem for Floyd, from info given by his daddy. Remember, Chop-Chop caught Floyd better than anyone.
JackSlack
I really don't see anyone out there with a realistic shot at beating Floyd.
Paul is a fine fighter, but has a tendency to negate his height and reach advantage over most everyone by bending into his opponent's power, thus leaving him open for counterpunches.
Paul will find out it's not about reach, it's about timing when and if they ever meet, but I really don't see that fight happening.
Floyd will probably fight once more, but it will be a major PPV fight against a marquee name and proven ticket seller, and Paul is not at that point just yet as he still needs a lot of refinement and polish.
If I were moving Paul, I'd look to be moving him up to junior middleweight as I think he may be even more effective there as he would be stronger, and then eventually ne will wind up at middleweight in a couple of years where he would be a major force in the division there as well.
This is my first post at fighthype, and a fine looking site it is, I love the graphics and art here, and everyone seems like knowledgeable boxing people here.
I look forward to talking boxing with you folks in the future, and I am glad to be here.
JS
Nay_Sayer
Margarito, IMO, should STFU and go see Forrest @ 154 lbs if the Cotto fight doesn't come off [and it wont]...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 26 2007, 02:14 PM) [snapback]372349[/snapback]
Margarito, IMO, should STFU and go see Forrest @ 154 lbs if the Cotto fight doesn't come off [and it wont]...

That would be a good matchup for Tony. Forest is a name guy who'd help bolster Margarito's case when Tony KO's him. Another guy who i'd pair margarito up with would be Mayorga. Mayorga is a name guy who is recognizable by the public. mayorga would also really sell the fight with his trash talk. i think Tony comfortably beats both.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 25 2007, 08:19 PM) [snapback]372231[/snapback]
Some people dont get the fact that Mayweather is a small welter and would really struggle with a natural welter thats in his prime. Thats is the real reason he hasnt fought one yet. He probably wont. Hence the Hatton fight.

I think there is something very telling and accurate about these observations.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 26 2007, 01:26 PM) [snapback]372353[/snapback]
That would be a good matchup for Tony. Forest is a name guy who'd help bolster Margarito's case when Tony KO's him. Another guy who i'd pair margarito up with would be Mayorga. Mayorga is a name guy who is recognizable by the public. mayorga would also really sell the fight with his trash talk. i think Tony comfortably beats both.

Margarito loses to Forrest.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 26 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]372363[/snapback]
Margarito loses to Forrest.

Margarito Loses bad to Forrest!!!!
caneman
as much as i hate to admit it, probably no one beats PBF @ this point. the ones that would have a chance would be bigger, straight punching guys that are tough & keep their hands up. they would have to be well balance in all areas of boxing. i guess if i had to throw some names out, it be paul williams, cotto & citron. citron & williams cause of size, williams has size & a high output which could help! cotto is a tough guy & would love to see he try to put it on PBF.
Douchebag
Eventhough on paper PW would probably have a better chance to beat Floyd I would still like for Cotto to get a chance at it. I think that he is skilled enough and enough of an intelligent fighter to give floyd some real problems and beat him.
PR316
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 26 2007, 07:26 PM) [snapback]372353[/snapback]

Think so???... I don't know, man. I think Margarito loses BADLY to Forrest based on what I've seen from both guys. Tony has a puncher's chance no doubt but I don't think much else beyond that.
BigG
Forrest has the skills and jab to really give Tony fits.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 26 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]372378[/snapback]
Think so???... I don't know, man. I think Margarito loses BADLY to Forrest based on what I've seen from both guys. Tony has a puncher's chance no doubt but I don't think much else beyond that.

Awww man... you think Arturo Gatti would beat Margarito... In fact Margarito should be 0 - 39 based on your thinking...
PR316
Why are you doing this to me?. LOL!!!...

Naw but in all seriousness, I think Forrest's height and reach, hand speed, and punching power really provide Margarito a very difficult matchup. Thats not a match I think his team would take because they know its a bad one.

Now I think for Margarito what would be attractive matchups are either against Miguel Cotto, or rematches against either Kermit Cintron or Joshua Clottey. Another good match up for him would be Andre Berto or even Zab Judah. Ricardo Mayorga, if he is ever able to get back to 147 would also be a very good fight for Margarito.

Guys like Mayweather, Williams, and Forrest are terrible matchups that he cannot win.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 26 2007, 06:27 PM) [snapback]372391[/snapback]
Why are you doing this to me?. LOL!!!...

Naw but in all seriousness, I think Forrest's height and reach, hand speed, and punching power really provide Margarito a very difficult matchup. Thats not a match I think his team would take because they know its a bad one.

Yep. But...

Now I think for Margarito what would be attractive matchups are either against Miguel Cotto, or rematches against either Kermit Cintron or Joshua Clottey. Another good match up for him would be Andre Berto or even Zab Judah. Ricardo Mayorga, if he is ever able to get back to 147 would also be a very good fight for Margarito.
Guys like Mayweather, Williams, and Forrest are terrible matchups that he cannot win.

Forget about Mayorga @ 147. It ain't happening unless Ricardo goes on a crack diet. I think the only big fights that Margarito will have available to him are Forrest @ 154, Mosley, or Judah. Why should Cotto fight Margarito? What good does it do Miguel to fight a guy who was last seen losing to Paul Williams and subsequently bitching about it? I mean, honestly, when was the last time Margarito gave a good account of himself in the ring? Was it the Cintron fight? Clottey made him look like refried shit. So what has he really done since the Santos fight? Margarito needs to STFU and BEAT somebody. I think Judah is his best option because, IMO, it's the most winnable fight for probably the most money.

JackSlack
QUOTE(caneman @ Dec 26 2007, 03:51 PM) [snapback]372370[/snapback]
as much as i hate to admit it, probably no one beats PBF @ this point. the ones that would have a chance would be bigger, straight punching guys that are tough & keep their hands up. they would have to be well balance in all areas of boxing. i guess if i had to throw some names out, it be paul williams, cotto & citron. citron & williams cause of size, williams has size & a high output which could help! cotto is a tough guy & would love to see he try to put it on PBF.

Good pick, bro.
Floyd isn't losing to anyone in the near future, I don't care who it is or what they (or more likely their promoters) say they are going to do to Floyd.
It is simply not going to happen.
JS

D-MARV
Aint no one messing with Floyd right now! Im Sorry but he is the best in the sport right now!!!!
This is how I see the other welterweights against Floyd
Vs Cotto, Floyd wins UD, 116-112, all three judges

Vs. Margarito, Floyd Wins UD 119-109, all three judges

Vs. Williams, Floyd wins UD, 115-113, 116-112, 116-112

Vs. Clottey, Floyd Wins UD 119-109 118-110, 118-110

Vs Cintron, Floyd Wins 11TKO
The Original MrFactor
Yeah... Floyd aint losin' to nobody in the near future, because he aint gonna fight anybody in the near future.

BTW I pick Floyd over Nickolai Valuev. He's too slow and plodding. Floyd would just sit back and counter his kneecaps all night on his way to a 119 -109 decision...

Thats how silly some of you sound. Like Mayweather isnt human, some unstoppable force. He still has alot to prove if he's gonna be considered a great WW. Fight a prime legit WW then lets see where he is... And all of the above names are game threats to him. Thats why he hasnt fought any of them...
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 26 2007, 09:57 PM) [snapback]372398[/snapback]
Yeah... Floyd aint losin' to nobody in the near future, because he aint gonna fight anybody in the near future.
BTW I pick Floyd over Nickolai Valuev. He's too slow and plodding. Floyd would just sit back and counter his kneecaps all night on his way to a 119 -109 decision...

Thats how silly some of you sound. Like Mayweather isnt human, some unstoppable force. He still has alot to prove if he's gonna be considered a great WW. Fight a prime legit WW then lets see where he is... And all of the above names are game threats to him. Thats why he hasnt fought any of them...

None of those guys you named could beat Floyd!!!!!
Simple as that! You sound Silly to think that Cintron and Clottey can beat floyd
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 26 2007, 10:12 PM) [snapback]372400[/snapback]
None of those guys you named could beat Floyd!!!!!
Simple as that! You sound Silly to think that Cintron and Clottey can beat floyd

I dont remember saying Cintron. I think he may be the one and only on the list if legit prime WW fighters that we have mentioned, that Floyd could potentially beat. He'd beat Cintron in a similar way to the way he beat DLH.

I guess I'd sound silly if iI didnt provide evidence to back up my claims, but please somebody name me 1 legit prime WW that Floyd has faced?? After answering that question, ask yourself WHy he hasnt. Keep in mind that his last fight he beat Hatton, thus avoiding a fight with a legit WW. I'm not shitting on him for Hatton, but it further proves a point that Floyd is better off at 140. he cant hang with the big boys at 147.
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 26 2007, 10:29 PM) [snapback]372401[/snapback]
I dont remember saying Cintron. I think he may be the one and only on the list if legit prime WW fighters that we have mentioned, that Floyd could potentially beat. He'd beat Cintron in a similar way to the way he beat DLH.

I guess I'd sound silly if iI didnt provide evidence to back up my claims, but please somebody name me 1 legit prime WW that Floyd has faced?? After answering that question, ask yourself WHy he hasnt. Keep in mind that his last fight he beat Hatton, thus avoiding a fight with a legit WW. I'm not shitting on him for Hatton, but it further proves a point that Floyd is better off at 140. he cant hang with the big boys at 147.

Floyd aint afraid of the big boys! But Floyd wants big boy money! De La Hoya would beat some of those prime WW but Floyd Fought him cause he wants to get paid! He made over 20 million for fighting DLH. He also made over 20 million for the Hatton fight. I think he can make that much for a fight with Cotto thats why I think he will fight that fight this year. (June or Sept) He wont get that dough for a Margarito Fight or a Williams fight! BUt If Mayweather gets Cotto and Beat Cotto which he will!!!! Im sure youll be back on this board saying that Cotto aint no true WW, he's a 140 fighter! Floyd needs to fight Margarito. Tell me one thing though! What has Margarito done to deserve a fight with the King? What makes you think that Margarito would beat Mayweather? Is it is impressive stoppage over Golden Johnson? Was it his Ugly Win over a One Armed Clottey? Or was it his win over the Pound for Pound Manuel Gomez? Let me know something! Cause if your basis for Margarito Koing Floyd is Size! then this shows how much you really know about boxing!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 26 2007, 10:46 PM) [snapback]372402[/snapback]
Floyd aint afraid of the big boys! But Floyd wants big boy money! De La Hoya would beat some of those prime WW but Floyd Fought him cause he wants to get paid! He made over 20 million for fighting DLH. He also made over 20 million for the Hatton fight. I think he can make that much for a fight with Cotto thats why I think he will fight that fight this year. (June or Sept) He wont get that dough for a Margarito Fight or a Williams fight! BUt If Mayweather gets Cotto and Beat Cotto which he will!!!! Im sure youll be back on this board saying that Cotto aint no true WW, he's a 140 fighter! Floyd needs to fight Margarito. Tell me one thing though! What has Margarito done to deserve a fight with the King? What makes you think that Margarito would beat Mayweather? Is it is impressive stoppage over Golden Johnson? Was it his Ugly Win over a One Armed Clottey? Or was it his win over the Pound for Pound Manuel Gomez? Let me know something! Cause if your basis for Margarito Koing Floyd is Size! then this shows how much you really know about boxing!

You asked... So I'll tell. Size does have something to do with it. But there's more. Margarito throws 100 punches per round. he gets stronger as the fight goes on. He is very aggressive and will rough little Floyd up on the inside. He has a great chin. he will walm mayweather down in the mid to late rounds. Now you answer my question... Which prime legit WW has Floyd faced??
And YES Cotto is a 140 pound guy. However, I do think he makes a compelling and competitive fight with Mayweather before losing by D12. I think he fits 147 alot better than most of the blown up jr welter's that Mayweather has faced. When Mayweathyer faces a real 147 pounder the boards will be silent the next day. People will be in tears like they were when Douglas beat Tyson...
The Original MrFactor
BTW, why did Floyd turn down 8mil to fight Tony?

Whispers: please say the Baldomir fight was gonna net him the same or more... lol
neophyte7
Margarito is trash. He is not in Mayweather's league. He was outboxed by D Santos what do you think Mayweather to do... He was loosing to Clottey handily and would have been embarrased were it not for Clottey's injury. Just face it. Margarito is not that good.
BrutalBodyShots
Clottey's "injury" ... LOL. Certainly you don't mean the "broken hand" that he continued to throw with conviction for the remainder of the fight, and then in the months after the fight mixed up between his right and left as to which it was that he "broke." What a joke.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Dec 26 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]372407[/snapback]
Margarito is trash. He is not in Mayweather's league. He was outboxed by D Santos what do you think Mayweather to do... He was loosing to Clottey handily and would have been embarrased were it not for Clottey's injury. Just face it. Margarito is not that good.

Neo, I think you looked before you leaped. For the 1 millionth time, the Santos fight was stopped because of a cut above Tony's eye. I'm sure you can still find it or parts of it on Youtube. Santos was getting banged to the body hard and was probably on the verge of being stopped when the Ricans saved their hometown boy, by stopping it due to the cut...

Clottey was injured, so was Margarito. thats part of the fight game. Still somehow Tony managed to set records with punches thrown and landed in that fight. He took some leather, but gutted out a win against a very tough opponent. Funny how YOU think Clottey is just some sucka they found off the streets. Clottey is a tough opponent for anyone at Welter. i'm picking him to beat Cotto if the fight in March.
neophyte7
Margarito is the joke who continues to beg for big fights yet keeps loosing... he stinks
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Dec 26 2007, 11:26 PM) [snapback]372414[/snapback]
Margarito is the joke who continues to beg for big fights yet keeps loosing... he stinks

When faced with facts, this is what they resort to... Mayweather begged to, yet fought nobody's to get his payday. Williams and Margarito are being held to a much higher standard.
neophyte7
margarito has beat no one... unless you count six heads lewis as somebody... Cintron, LOL, he was a puppy. Margarito has a suspect resume that went further into the abyss of shit in his last fight. He is a joke
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 26 2007, 11:15 PM) [snapback]372406[/snapback]
BTW, why did Floyd turn down 8mil to fight Tony?
Whispers: please say the Baldomir fight was gonna net him the same or more... lol

Bob arum offered him this fight for a August date! Floyd wouldn't of been able to be ready by August. He was coming off the Judah fight where he hurt his right hand! Then De La Hoya were in the talks! Arum wanted no parts of that deal, so Arum left along with the Margarito fight! Floyd Turned down 8 million to Fight DLH for 20 million. DLH put off that fight until the next Year! So Floyd decided to Fight Baldomir for the same 8 million! This was a safer fight for Mayweather for the same price! Youu make the Call. Floyd was thinking ahead. He was not ducking anyone!!!!!
D-MARV
Excuse Me! I have to correct myself! Floyd made 35 million for the De La Hoya fight!
So you tell me "Original"
8 million to fight an overhyped fighter in Margarito or
35 million for a fight with a future Hall of Famer!!!
I must remind you! De La Hoya delayed this fight, so that put Mayweather in a bad spot!
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(neophyte7 @ Dec 26 2007, 11:36 PM) [snapback]372420[/snapback]
margarito has beat no one... unless you count six heads lewis as somebody... Cintron, LOL, he was a puppy. Margarito has a suspect resume that went further into the abyss of shit in his last fight. He is a joke

6 heads was a somebody until Mayorga and Tony both crushed him. Funny that you mentioned the Cintron fight. on the undercard of the Cintron fight was a guy named Shane Mosely who was fighting to save his career. Both he and tony won. tony won in spectacular fashion that night. it was talked about the winners facing each other. Wonder why it didnt happen? BTW, what do you characterize as a someone?? Josh Clottey, Paul Williams, Kermit Cintron? Those are 3 of the top 5 guys in the division. Tony is 2 and 1 with 1 ko against them. Thats not bad. Whats Floyd's record against them? Mayweather is making you guys look like fools. He still has not faced the best guys in the division, and wont. In fact how is it that he hasnt been forced to face a mandatory yet. he was given a pass for DLH, then a pass for Hatton. Neither guy has really made any noise ay welter in a minute. maybe they should talk about stripping him because he wont fight guys in the division...
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 26 2007, 11:57 PM) [snapback]372427[/snapback]
Excuse Me! I have to correct myself! Floyd made 35 million for the De La Hoya fight!
So you tell me "Original"
8 million to fight an overhyped fighter in Margarito or
35 million for a fight with a future Hall of Famer!!!
I must remind you! De La Hoya delayed this fight, so that put Mayweather in a bad spot!

The DLH fight came off almost a year AFTER the 2nd time he was offered a chance to fight Margarito. Sure blame DLH, who said he wasnt fighting anymore that year. perfect for a scrap with Tony... no wait here comes an gimme named Baldomir... Floyd paid Arum 750,000 to opt out of his contract and potential July 4th showdown with Margarito. So technically, he didnt make more for the Baldomir fight. He may have been paid 8mil. But when its less the 750,000 paid to Arum, it looks like poor Fl;oyd got stiffed and only got 7,250,000 for Baldy. he would have pocketed 8mil, no strings to fight easy money. So he took less money to fight Baldy because he wanted no part of Tony. See how he's pulled the wool over your eyes. And you fools respect him for it...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.