Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones vs. Trinidad
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Nay_Sayer

...Shameless vs. Defenseless.
Lil-lightsout
Yeah well, I got my tickets, and I am pretty excited to see two HOF fighters at the end of there remarkable careers. I have seen Jones fight a few times live, but never seen Tito live. I am curious to see if Roy can destroy Trinidad, which he should, but watching Roy get stretched twice makes me wonder what will happen if Tito lands flush.
streetlion1
When I heard this fight was made I thought to myself what are they holding on to?! I have never been a big fan of Roy and think Trinidad when he had something left didnt belong above Welterweight. They have the nerve to put this fight on PPV! Trinidad should get floored within the first 5 rounds and if not that means Roy is being Roy and the fight is gonna stink!!
RUSTY v.s. CRUSTY.
Jack 1000
Yes,

Garbage fight. Shameful PPV. Nothing more than an old-timers payday. Trinidad's one chance is landing something with his power, but there is less than a 10% chance of that happening. How is he going to carry that even less than 10% chance in a division where he has not even fought? Jones by a breadown easy, safe UD, or mid to late round stoppage.

Jack
BigG
I'll be watching for the fact I grew up watching these two. Jones should KO Trinidad silly though.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 26 2007, 01:33 AM) [snapback]372262[/snapback]
From a Trinidad point, this is purely for money and he is expected to lose. He has nothing to lose from this fight, only Jones does. Though I think Trinidad could be onto something though, as a fighter who has lost 3 fights to have arguably lost EVERY single round in those 3 fights.

When did Trinidad get his third loss?
D-MARV
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 26 2007, 11:04 AM) [snapback]372314[/snapback]
When did Trinidad get his third loss?

Yeah Im confused as well...
Tito lost 2, Roy lost 4!

Amywayz,
Roy TKO6... Then he'll call out Calzaghe or Bernard Hopkins!!!!!
Ill watch it because there 2 of the greatest fighters in my era. BUt other than that, shouldn't be anything special. Definitely, Not PPV worthy. But Don King is behind it!!!!!
Bazooka Limon
anybody see how high ticket prices are.$15,000 for vip seat.
Method
Y. they said that was to discourage scalpers from picking up tix, but fuck, man.
ROLL DEEP
I'm a big fan of both....but why are they doing it? Especially from Jones' point of view.

Like Fitz said, Tito is expected to lose. If Jones doesn't make Tito look silly, like Hopkins and Winky did, then it'll be a disaster for him.

Hopefully, Jones will win by a very impressive UD or a great stoppage. I hope that Tito doesn't knock him out. That'll will erase a lot of good things Jones did with his career. This fight can only harm Jones' legacy.

Lol at Rusty V's Crusty and Defenceless V's Shameless.
PR316
MISMATCH...

Thats what it should be entitled. Roy is too much of everything even at this point for Trinidad. Tito has maybe a puncher's chance, but thats it.

Jones KO 7 I predict and then he'll call out Calzaghe and Hopkins and the rest of the world.
Nay_Sayer
I hope to god that Trinidad STARCHES Reluctant Roy...
Mean Mister Mustard
I'm becoming more and more interested in this fight but the undercard looks awful. Karmazin v.s Bunema? Come on.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 26 2007, 05:34 PM) [snapback]372381[/snapback]
I'm saying that Trinidad arguably lost every single round with Hopkins and Wright, I am that confident that Jones should mop the floor with him and knock him out. I was saying that Trinidad could be a fighter that has arguably lost every single round in all 3 of his losses, as I think he will lose every round against RJJ.

Jones should dominate Trinidad - but I want to how Jones reacts to Trinidad's power IF he can land that left hook cleanly.

Tito may not be the most skilled defensive fighter but, IMO, he still believes in his power and will look to come forward and put the pressure on Jones. That's essentially what Glen Johnson did and we all know what happened there.

And let me say for the record, I believe there are holes in Jones' defense that Trinidad may be able to exloit now that Roy has lost a step...
BrutalBodyShots
Jones stops Trinidad without question - I can't even see another possible outcome.

Trinidad has been out of the ring for WAY too long + has not fought at this weight = Jones has an easy night on his hands. Trinidad will lose every round until whenever Jones takes him out, probably in about 7.

kidbazooka1
May not be the most competitive fight around but I'll be watching.
BigJuicyHog
We should really call the event what it is "7 years too late".
Southeastpaw
Tito by devastating KO leaving Jones on the canvas for at least 15 minutes.....................................as if I care....

This fights sucks. About 7 years too late.
BigG
All of you saying this fight sucks know you'll be ordering this...just like you'd order Holyfield-Tyson III if Tyson made a comeback.

laugh.gif
Southeastpaw
lol. This is what pisses me off even more about this fight. I know I wil probably end up getting this crap at the last minute.
BigJuicyHog
Im not getting it thats for sure. Ill catch the replay if its on, but I really dont have much interest in an unroided, shot light heavyweight vs an old, semi retired welterweight. Why dont we just have Dariusz Michaczewski vs Ike Quartey....about as meaningful in the long run.
Southeastpaw
Totally agree with you. But I am a sucker for PPVs come fight night. I should have my wife put a pin on that shit. Sad.....
Big Slim Sweet
The one thing that can keep me from ordering some PPV I should otherwise know better than to order is if I have to actually call the cable company to do it. I just can't deal with having to punch in my phone number, account number, etc., only to have to wait 15 minutes and then tell the operator who finally picks up the same info all over again. Two weekends ago I tried to order the Valero/Linares PPV, but the screen said I had to call in to order. Saved me $30.
Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Big Slim @ Dec 27 2007, 05:26 PM) [snapback]372526[/snapback]
The one thing that can keep me from ordering some PPV I should otherwise know better than to order is if I have to actually call the cable company to do it. I just can't deal with having to punch in my phone number, account number, etc., only to have to wait 15 minutes and then tell the operator who finally picks up the same info all over again. Two weekends ago I tried to order the Valero/Linares PPV, but the screen said I had to call in to order. Saved me $30.

I only wish I coud get a screen up that said that. It would indeed make the option easier. However, I work for the local cable company here, and while we do get half off of all PPVs, I still do not want to buy this one prett much based on principle alone. Although, i think it will end up being depressing as well. The only screen I can foresee popping up on my screen come fight night is, "You are going to purchase me whether you like it or not."

You ever seen that screen?

Elijah
People said the Vargas/Mayorga fight would be boring as well but that fight wasn't nearly as bad as people were saying it was gonna be. This one could be surprisingly entertaining too.
BigG
Yeah, Jones-Trinidad IS actually a better fight than Mayorga-Vargas and I enjoyed Mayorga-Vargas.
Bill The Butcher
Ya'll must've forgot...forgot...forgot....forgot.

Even though this fight is 5 years too late, I'm still interested in watching it.

Jones should be able to knock out Trinidad pretty fast, but we'll see. I'm curious to see how Jones handles Trinidad's left hook or if Jones will let Trinidad punch him on the ropes.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Elijah @ Dec 28 2007, 01:18 PM) [snapback]372614[/snapback]
People said the Vargas/Mayorga fight would be boring as well but that fight wasn't nearly as bad as people were saying it was gonna be. This one could be surprisingly entertaining too.

Who said Vargas/Mayorga was going to be boring? A meaningless fight against way past prime fighters sure, but I don't recall many saying that it would be boring. I mean win or lose, how many "boring" fights was Mayorga in?
Kijis Konar
I will buy the PPV just because I'm a Tito fan, but he is going to get embarrassed once again. Jones TKO 7.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Dec 29 2007, 12:33 AM) [snapback]372676[/snapback]
I will buy the PPV just because I'm a Tito fan, but he is going to get embarrassed once again. Jones TKO 7.

At least you are a realistic fan - not a biased mouth runner like many of the guys on this forum.

Southeastpaw
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Dec 29 2007, 12:33 AM) [snapback]372676[/snapback]

No way man. It's gunna be the 4th round. Didn't you see Jones on FNFs?
iron_mike
I'd name it 'EHH I Guess So, Why Not?' But that wouldn't generate alot of excitement.
D-MARV
I wish this fight wasn't on PPV, but imma buy it just like I bought RJJ's last 2 fights! those were $29.99. How much is this one? 49.99?
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I was gonna buy it, but now that Spinks isn't on the undercard apparantly there's no point to me. Tito-Jones was kinda intriguing, but not even close to marquez-pac 2 or even Taylor-Pavlik 2. If Spinks still fights on the card, then ill order, but that's not looking good. I'm also a sucker for PPVs on fight night, but ill try to stay away from this one.
Kyle
D-MARV
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 29 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]372740[/snapback]
I was gonna buy it, but now that Spinks isn't on the undercard apparantly there's no point to me. Tito-Jones was kinda intriguing, but not even close to marquez-pac 2 or even Taylor-Pavlik 2. If Spinks still fights on the card, then ill order, but that's not looking good. I'm also a sucker for PPVs on fight night, but ill try to stay away from this one.
Kyle

Hey Kyle or anyone
What happen to the Spinks fight? i noticed that boxrec took the fight off a few weeks ago!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I read that the contract was never signed, and that the fight was never official. I guess negotiations just broke down, and it's probably way too late to make the fight now. Not official, but that's just what I read about it. After I read that, I haven't heard anything about it. It hasn't been on the boxrec scheduele or the fightnews scheduele for awhile, so Im assuming its off.
Kyle
D-MARV
QUOTE(KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Dec 29 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]372750[/snapback]
I read that the contract was never signed, and that the fight was never official. I guess negotiations just broke down, and it's probably way too late to make the fight now. Not official, but that's just what I read about it. After I read that, I haven't heard anything about it. It hasn't been on the boxrec scheduele or the fightnews scheduele for awhile, so Im assuming its off.
Kyle

Thats a BLOWER, because I was really looking foward to seeing Cory Spinks again! Even though his fights can be real boring, I respect the man's skill level.
Mino
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 29 2007, 12:49 AM) [snapback]372678[/snapback]
At least you are a realistic fan - not a biased mouth runner like many of the guys on this forum.

Tito is gonna brutally KO him, like he would have 7 years ago.....
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mino @ Dec 30 2007, 07:18 PM) [snapback]372954[/snapback]
Tito is gonna brutally KO him, like he would have 7 years ago.....

I will put up any amount that doesnt happen. I have a paypal account and if I lose you have your $ in 2 days. You game?
Mino
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Dec 30 2007, 07:40 PM) [snapback]372957[/snapback]
I will put up any amount that doesnt happen. I have a paypal account and if I lose you have your $ in 2 days. You game?

Whatever u want to do...most def am game
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mino @ Dec 30 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]372959[/snapback]

$500?
iron_mike
That a no????
iron_mike
Thats what I thought. The only thing Tito is gonna k.o. is a bbq chicken
Mino
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Dec 30 2007, 08:27 PM) [snapback]372962[/snapback]
Thats what I thought. The only thing Tito is gonna k.o. is a bbq chicken

Pls Tito is gonna smoke his ass, that being that I aint bet 500 on shit, but we will do something, hope u are good on your word
JD
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 30 2007, 08:56 PM) [snapback]372965[/snapback]
aahaha.

LOL...yeah...what was that do you suppose, Fitz?
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mino @ Dec 30 2007, 08:09 PM) [snapback]372959[/snapback]

I guess you aint most def game. Maybe you most def am game for let's say... $5.00? Wanna do $100? That's cool. $50? That's cool. But dont say "Whatever u want to do...most def am game" CAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU AINT.
Mino
QUOTE(iron_mike @ Dec 30 2007, 09:31 PM) [snapback]372969[/snapback]
I guess you aint most def game. Maybe you most def am game for let's say... $5.00? Wanna do $100? That's cool. $50? That's cool. But dont say "Whatever u want to do...most def am game" CAUSE OBVIOUSLY YOU AINT.

Whatever Whatever....I got 250 for u if want
iron_mike
QUOTE(Mino @ Dec 30 2007, 09:35 PM) [snapback]372970[/snapback]
Whatever Whatever....I got 250 for u if want

You wanna do $250? Done. Payment 2 days after the fight. Tito wins by decision, draw, dq, nc, you lose. Only way you win is Roy getting ko'd. Deal???
JD
What are the current odds on the fight?
PR316
Please... DONT DO IT!!!... Tito has NO CHANCE whatsoever!!... He's gonna get beat worse than he ever has been.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.