Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oscar De La Hoya
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
streetlion1
If he stays in shape the obvious answer to this one is yes! heres why..... I only see him losing if he fought PBF again or possibly to Mosley. A fight with Cotto would be interesting and honestly I wouldnt know who to pick. Against PW you would see just how inexperienced Williams is...I could see Williams getting KOed by a big left hook to the body...he just leaves himself open too much. Noone else in the division deserves an arguement against DLH as I feel he wolud easily clean the ring with Clottey,Cintron,Margarito, and Berto. This is of course if he is in the kind of shape he was in in his last fight. Age will catch up with him someday but, right now I give him the benefit of the doubt....Theres only ooooooonnnnnneeeee De La Hoya!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 27 2007, 07:36 PM) [snapback]372534[/snapback]
I think the better question is whether he can make 147 again.

Exactly... as I already told this guy in the other thread.

thehype
No.

Why?

Because I don't see him beating the WBC champ (Mayweather) or the WBA champ (Cotto) and he simply won't fight the IBF champ (Cintron) or the WBO champ (Margarito). Now, if Hatton or Zab Judah can somehow get their hands on one of the straps, then I'd say yes...but as of right now, just about the only champ he'd be willing to fight is Cotto and I don't see him beating him. But you never know.
kidbazooka1
Yes he can become champ agian but it will be very difficult for him to make the weight.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 27 2007, 09:49 PM) [snapback]372541[/snapback]
Yes he can become champ agian but it will be very difficult for him to make the weight.

According to this guy though 7 pounds is "nothing" LOL.

The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(thehype @ Dec 27 2007, 07:54 PM) [snapback]372539[/snapback]
No.

Why?

Because I don't see him beating the WBC champ (Mayweather) or the WBA champ (Cotto) and he simply won't fight the IBF champ (Cintron) or the WBO champ (Margarito). Now, if Hatton or Zab Judah can somehow get their hands on one of the straps, then I'd say yes...but as of right now, just about the only champ he'd be willing to fight is Cotto and I don't see him beating him. But you never know.

Did Paul Williams die or something...

I agree with your post though. He can probably beat Cintron and maybe Cotto. He loses to everyone else in the top 5 or 6 though. He definately doesnt touch Williams, Clottey or Margarito...
PR316
I doubt it. He could maybe beat a couple of contenders, but I doubt he could beat Mayweather in a rematch, Paul Williams, or Miguel Cotto. He would have a chance against Antonio Margarito and he could KO Kermit Cintron. But in reality, Oscar should just retire. He can't hang with the big boys no more.
streetlion1
thumbsdown_anim.gif All this make the weight talk is rediculous!! thumbsdown_anim.gif By the sounds of things DLH's talent and his professionalism is being seriously disrespected! Once he makes the weight and looks in good shape I want all the nay-sayers to apologize for doubting one of boxings best. As far as this whole him not having a chance against PW...thats a joke! PW has flaws and wouldnt be able to hang in a boxing match with DLH or PBF for that matter. Clottey and Margarito??!! Come on gimme a break! Those two are on the bottem teir of the division along with Cintron! Also I am a very big Miguel Cotto fan but if Mosley can hang with him I dont think DLH would be that far off! I know he's getting old but some people act as if he is B-hops age or something! People would even have the nerve to bring up his record over the past few years....lets see, you could say he gave it away against Trinidad (I call it a robbery!), 2 losses to Mosley-no doubt one of those was a robbery! He showed that he isnt like some other fighters(duckin and dodgin) and that he would stand and be a champion against B-Hop even though everyone knew he was too small! Then a loss to PBF-no knocking him for that! He would easily be a force to be dealt with! Is it possible I just smell Oscar haters?! sssssssssssss theres some hater repellent! thumbsup_anim.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 28 2007, 01:18 AM) [snapback]372554[/snapback]
Actually Oscar is my favourite fighter, but he hasn't fought at welter in like 7 years. I think it's stupid or naive, or maybe even both to think that no questions should be asked on whether he can or can't make weight. After all, aren't you the one that thinks 7lbs is nothing in boxing?

Im the one that says 7 pounds is nothing when you have a guy of DLH's caliber set on what he wants to do! He already (according to L. Merchant) made the decision to move back down before the PBF fight. He's not old enough to think he cant get himself in shape!
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 28 2007, 01:42 AM) [snapback]372558[/snapback]
It doesn't strike you as odd, that DLH has been saying he is moving down to welter since 2004?

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=352

Well 04 Hopkins came up...he always wants to give the fans what they want. Then he had a layoff ala Golden Boy Promotions. Not long after a Mega-fight with PBF was in the making...so not really.
streetlion1
QUOTE(Fitz @ Dec 28 2007, 02:00 AM) [snapback]372561[/snapback]
The article came after the Hopkins fight. So what about the Mayweather fight, a mega fight would still have been in the making at 147. Mayweather was a champion at welter as well remember?

Thats true-However PBF is a different animal all together maybe he was hoping the extra weight would slow PBF down. Also Oscar had his title at 154. PBF should've came to Oscar-Oscar is the bigger draw. Also in 04 the division wasnt as good as it is now.
PR316
I think making 154 alone is a chore for De La Hoya at this point. To make 147 would take one HELL OF AN EFFORT at this point for Oscar who easily walks around in the 170 plus pound range.

If anything, the only thing that Oscar's last 2 fights have shown me is how diminished his once great skills are. He looked like crap in getting easily outboxed by Mayweather, and even in his fight with Mayorga, he didn't look all that good, but Mayorga was just that much worse.

Personally, I would like to see Oscar retire. He's done alot already and if he gets in the ring with Miguel Cotto, I can't see him coming out victorious there.
streetlion1
QUOTE(PR316 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:04 AM) [snapback]372582[/snapback]
I think making 154 alone is a chore for De La Hoya at this point. To make 147 would take one HELL OF AN EFFORT at this point for Oscar who easily walks around in the 170 plus pound range.

Last I heard he was walking around at 150! His last 2 fights-a KO victory, and a split decision loss to boxings "best'!! Come on!
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:10 AM) [snapback]372583[/snapback]
Last I heard he was walking around at 150! His last 2 fights-a KO victory, and a split decision loss to boxings "best'!! Come on!

Last I heard "7 pounds is nothing" so who cares?!

BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 10:40 AM) [snapback]372574[/snapback]
Thats true-However PBF is a different animal all together maybe he was hoping the extra weight would slow PBF down. Also Oscar had his title at 154. PBF should've came to Oscar-Oscar is the bigger draw. Also in 04 the division wasnt as good as it is now.

How about because it would be a hell of a lot easier for Mayweather to go up than DLH try and kill himself to make 147?

streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 28 2007, 10:16 AM) [snapback]372586[/snapback]
How about because it would be a hell of a lot easier for Mayweather to go up than DLH try and kill himself to make 147?

Come on guys, I think if he had any doubt in his mind he would be smart enough not to announce that he was going to fight at 147 this year. DLH is by far the biggest draw in boxing in the end your still gonna have to come to him! What was he supposed to do?! He made PBF come to him-against the best p4p in boxing I think thats a smart move. Since you have no faith in DLH and are giving him no respect-lets talk hypothetically- when he makes weight what kind of chance do you give him against the divisions top guys?
kidbazooka1
If DLH can make weight properly I think he stands a good chance at beating anyone at 147lb including Floyd. It's not like Floyd dominated there first fight the bout was razor close on the judges cards people tend to forget that. Floyd did nothing to DLH and vice versa.
Sugar Q
Cotto/DelaHoya is a very good fight. Cotto's only chance is to outbox Oscar and I don't see that happening. Cotto is not gonna steamroll Oscar so yall haters can forget about that. In my opinion Oscar can definitely be champion at 147 again.
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 28 2007, 10:15 AM) [snapback]372585[/snapback]
Last I heard "7 pounds is nothing" so who cares?!

Are you reading what I write? or just bits of it? 7 pounds is nothing to a fighter of DLH's caliber when his heart is set on it!
rusty_trombone
I don't think DLH has been interested in being a champ at any weight for a while now, he's just interested in making big money fights and getting paid.
Douchebag
QUOTE(Sugar Q @ Dec 28 2007, 11:46 AM) [snapback]372599[/snapback]
Cotto/DelaHoya is a very good fight. Cotto's only chance is to outbox Oscar and I don't see that happening. Cotto is not gonna steamroll Oscar so yall haters can forget about that. In my opinion Oscar can definitely be champion at 147 again.

SMH
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 11:53 AM) [snapback]372602[/snapback]
Are you reading what I write? or just bits of it? 7 pounds is nothing to a fighter of DLH's caliber when his heart is set on it!

Are you kidding me with this shit? The caliber of a fighter and/or their heart has NOTHING to do with their physical ability to dry out to a weight they have not made in 7 years.

If DLH CAN make 147, he'll be half dead in doing it... he already has shown an inability to maintain any sort of respectable pace for the second half of a fight when he DOESN'T have to kill himself to make weight... so factor that in and I think he's spent by mid fight without question.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 28 2007, 01:15 PM) [snapback]372620[/snapback]
If DLH CAN make 147, he'll be half dead in doing it... he already has shown an inability to maintain any sort of respectable pace for the second half of a fight when he DOESN'T have to kill himself to make weight... so factor that in and I think he's spent by mid fight without question.

Agreed 100%. All of this DLH welterweight talk needs to stop. Oscar hasn't seen 147 since the year 2000 and in that fight he LOST to a guy who was fighting @ 135 3 fights prior.

DLH should PRAY that Trinidad finds a way to starch Jones. If he can then DLH should opt for the Tito rematch @ 160 then retire. ODLH's days as a WW are LONG gone...
streetlion1
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 28 2007, 01:48 PM) [snapback]372624[/snapback]
Agreed 100%. All of this DLH welterweight talk needs to stop. Oscar hasn't seen 147 since the year 2000 and in that fight he LOST to a guy who was fighting @ 135 3 fights prior.

DLH should PRAY that Trinidad finds a way to starch Jones. If he can then DLH should opt for the Tito rematch @ 160 then retire. ODLH's days as a WW are LONG gone...

LOL..im having the same argument in two different threads. That welterweight was Shane Mosley...enough said. Speaking of Shane didnt he move up and back down? You guys just doubt Oscar too much...who would know better what they can do more than him?! If he comes out and changes his mind about 147 then we can start this ODLH cant do it anymore bullshit! Im just going on his word. All this DLH hatin' needs to stop! thumbsdown_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
"Going on his word."

Enough said.

rusty_trombone
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 29 2007, 01:00 AM) [snapback]372682[/snapback]
"Going on his word."

Enough said.

If there is one thing you come to learn in the years watching boxing and following the sport, it's to never believe a word fighters or promoters have to say. And DLH happens to be both.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 29 2007, 07:47 AM) [snapback]372694[/snapback]
If there is one thing you come to learn in the years watching boxing and following the sport, it's to never believe a word fighters or promoters have to say. And DLH happens to be both.

Very true.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 28 2007, 01:59 PM) [snapback]372625[/snapback]
LOL..im having the same argument in two different threads. That welterweight was Shane Mosley...enough said. Speaking of Shane didnt he move up and back down? You guys just doubt Oscar too much...who would know better what they can do more than him?! If he comes out and changes his mind about 147 then we can start this ODLH cant do it anymore bullshit! Im just going on his word. All this DLH hatin' needs to stop! thumbsdown_anim.gif

Dude, if you think ODLH can make 147 lbs AND be competitive then you are seriously deluding yourself. Fact is DLH was having problems making 147 as early as 1999 - as evidenced by his running out of gas in the Trinidad fight.

Oscar can't make 147 period, end of story...
streetlion1
QUOTE(Nay_Sayer @ Dec 29 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]372775[/snapback]
Dude, if you think ODLH can make 147 lbs AND be competitive then you are seriously deluding yourself. Fact is DLH was having problems making 147 as early as 1999 - as evidenced by his running out of gas in the Trinidad fight.

Oscar can't make 147 period, end of story...

OK im not having this "can he make weight" argument anymore...only time will tell. He ran outta gas against Trinidad?!?! Did you watch the fight? He didnt run outta gas he put it in overdrive and ran the second half cause he thought he was too far ahead to lose! Which he was...A helluva robbery wasnt it!
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 29 2007, 06:45 PM) [snapback]372779[/snapback]
OK im not having this "can he make weight" argument anymore...only time will tell. He ran outta gas against Trinidad?!?! Did you watch the fight? He didnt run outta gas he put it in overdrive and ran the second half cause he thought he was too far ahead to lose! Which he was...A helluva robbery wasnt it!

You must me blind. DLH definately ran out of gas in the last 3-4 rounds of the Trinidad fight.

And NO, it wasn't a robbery...
The Original MrFactor
I just watched DLH/MaYWEATHER AGAIN...
He should hang 'em up or fight more often. In that fight, when he had Money May against the ropes tied up, he threw a 12 punch salvo to Mayweather's body. Landed all 12... No effect. Mayweather barely crouched. DLH was throwing arm punches the whole fight. Nothing with conviction. I understand its hard to plant and throw againstr Mayweather, but DLH had him tied up with opne hand and the other was free to throw and lan 12 OPEN punches at Mayweather ribs.

DLH's timing was bad and he looked like shit. Cotto is gonna rape him. Mayweather threw alot of jabs, but doesnt have the power to put away guys above 147. Cotto rapes DLH is they fight May 5, 2008. Cotto will throw with conviction and DLH's soft ass aint gonna be able to take it. I think Cotto stops DLH if they fight. In a HUGE turn of events... I hear DLH may choose Margarito as his dance partner at WW... Interesting...
Kijis Konar
All this discussion is pointless: DLH can't make 147 anymore, no matter how hard he tries.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(Kijis Konar @ Dec 29 2007, 11:43 PM) [snapback]372806[/snapback]
All this discussion is pointless: DLH can't make 147 anymore, no matter how hard he tries.

You're probably right... If he does, it cant really help his strength against guys like Cotto or Margarito...
and the NEW
I beleive DLH can make 147 still.

Its amaizing what you can do if you really want when it comes to bodyweight, heck, I walk around at a reasonably lean 80kgs, when I fought, I got all the way down too 63.5kgs and Im DLHs height. Nobody ever thought I would get below 67kgs, including myself! His body fat % never looks to get too far below 8-9%, he can loose more than that, not to mention, he never really looks too dehydrated at weigh in! Do a shot or two before weigh in, dehydrate, get a nutritionalist in, no doubt in my mind he can still make 147.

Only question is, would his face look gaunt and his eyes withdrawn like Roy looked for the first Tarver fight? I dont think he would look too bad and he would be strong in there, risk is with his stanima already a bit shotty, how would he handle the final few rounds.............? Guess we will never know, because he will probably never come back down. He doesnt have the dedication like he used too!
streetlion1
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 29 2007, 10:36 PM) [snapback]372804[/snapback]
I just watched DLH/MaYWEATHER AGAIN...
He should hang 'em up or fight more often. In that fight, when he had Money May against the ropes tied up, he threw a 12 punch salvo to Mayweather's body. Landed all 12... No effect. Mayweather barely crouched. DLH was throwing arm punches the whole fight. Nothing with conviction. I understand its hard to plant and throw againstr Mayweather, but DLH had him tied up with opne hand and the other was free to throw and lan 12 OPEN punches at Mayweather ribs.

DLH's timing was bad and he looked like shit. Cotto is gonna rape him. Mayweather threw alot of jabs, but doesnt have the power to put away guys above 147. Cotto rapes DLH is they fight May 5, 2008. Cotto will throw with conviction and DLH's soft ass aint gonna be able to take it. I think Cotto stops DLH if they fight. In a HUGE turn of events... I hear DLH may choose Margarito as his dance partner at WW... Interesting...

Those "12 punches he landed to PBF's ribs" werent effective because PBF leaned into them...they werent clean shots like you say anyway! "He looked like shit"...LOL. That was arguably the toughest fight PBF has been in his whole career! "He doesnt have the power to put guys away at 147"...another laugh since the last thing to go would be a boxers punch! "DLH's soft ass aint gonna be able to take it"...LOL...this is a comedy routine isnt it?! DLH has never been considered soft his whole career since he fought everybody who came to him and has always been a warrior! Margarito doesnt belong in the same sentence...he would definitly get knocked out mid-rounds! The Cotto fight would be a good one...but dont go thinking anyone is gonna walk through DLH!! True talk of a hater!! thumbsdown_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 30 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]372923[/snapback]
True talk of a hater!! thumbsdown_anim.gif

More like true talk of a lover for you. This guy may be on DLH's balls moreso than anyone since Sugarfree (wasn't that his name) ?

CyruS
Oscar needs to hang em up. He hasn't won against a top fighter in almost a decade. Cotto would brutalize him with the body attack.
D-MARV
De La Hoya should hang em up!
But he still has a little something left in the tank! He would lose To Cotto, but he beats Margarito, Judah, or Hatton!
rusty_trombone
QUOTE(damarvelous1 @ Dec 30 2007, 03:29 PM) [snapback]372947[/snapback]
De La Hoya should hang em up!
But he still has a little something left in the tank! He would lose To Cotto, but he beats Margarito, Judah, or Hatton!

Yes, he beats a guy with absolutely no skills, and junior welterweights. Jesus man. rolleyes.gif
D-MARV
QUOTE(rusty_trombone @ Dec 30 2007, 07:13 PM) [snapback]372953[/snapback]
Yes, he beats a guy with absolutely no skills, and junior welterweights. Jesus man. rolleyes.gif

If you been keeping up with De La Hoya, You would know that the guys I named are all possible opponents for Oscar in May! I dont make the fights!
You need to have something left to beat guys Like Margarito (who I feel is overrated, but stll a good fighter) Judah and Hatton!
streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 30 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]372932[/snapback]
More like true talk of a lover for you. This guy may be on DLH's balls moreso than anyone since Sugarfree (wasn't that his name) ?

Im just a fan sticking up 4 one of my favs.......Just like guys like you like to hang all over Pretty Boy Duck-artist who has far less credibility in my eyes fuck.gif
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 30 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]372923[/snapback]
Those "12 punches he landed to PBF's ribs" werent effective because PBF leaned into them...they werent clean shots like you say anyway! "He looked like shit"...LOL. That was arguably the toughest fight PBF has been in his whole career! "He doesnt have the power to put guys away at 147"...another laugh since the last thing to go would be a boxers punch! "DLH's soft ass aint gonna be able to take it"...LOL...this is a comedy routine isnt it?! DLH has never been considered soft his whole career since he fought everybody who came to him and has always been a warrior! Margarito doesnt belong in the same sentence...he would definitly get knocked out mid-rounds! The Cotto fight would be a good one...but dont go thinking anyone is gonna walk through DLH!! True talk of a hater!! thumbsdown_anim.gif

I think he KO's DLH... Here's a Q&A from Tony last year. he talks about sp[arring w/Oscar... Good stuff...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_forum/in...ic,31280.0.html
D-MARV
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 31 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]373019[/snapback]
I think he KO's DLH... Here's a Q&A from Tony last year. he talks about sp[arring w/Oscar... Good stuff...

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxing_forum/in...ic,31280.0.html

Didn't Margarito also say he had cut and Knock Down Paul Williams when they sparred! You can't always Believe Fighters when they talk about sparring. You cant go by sparring anyways. Spadafor gave it to Mayweather when they sparred. I guess Spadafora would KO Mayweather too. If this was true, we dont know the kind of shape the fighters were in.
Also Word is...
Williams offered Margarito a rematch for the Feb 9th date, and Tony turned it down! Dont know how true it is but it would be a shame if it is! He said that he won the first fight and he didn't wanna get robbed again! "That's real warrior talk"
kidbazooka1
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Dec 31 2007, 11:33 AM) [snapback]373010[/snapback]
Im just a fan sticking up 4 one of my favs.......Just like guys like you like to hang all over Pretty Boy Duck-artist who has far less credibility in my eyes fuck.gif

Mayweather will follow DLH anywhere he goes. There first fight was very competitive I give Oscar a helluva chance at beating Mayweather at 154lb if they meet agian.
streetlion1
QUOTE(kidbazooka1 @ Dec 31 2007, 08:47 PM) [snapback]373057[/snapback]
Mayweather will follow DLH anywhere he goes. There first fight was very competitive I give Oscar a helluva chance at beating Mayweather at 154lb if they meet agian.

Be carefull they might say your on DLH's nuts if you give him any chance...LOL. DLH will be at 147....we will see then those guys will be like ...........duh.
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Fitz @ Jan 1 2008, 01:19 AM) [snapback]373081[/snapback]
Yeah, and if we don't rank fighters in a division they don't fight in, we must be haters.

Watch out, Streetlion is going to rank Pacquiao at 140 any day now since there's more stupid Pacquiao moving up buzz floating around... after all, it's only ten pounds and that's nothing for a world class professional fighter.

streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 1 2008, 01:22 AM) [snapback]373087[/snapback]
Watch out, Streetlion is going to rank Pacquiao at 140 any day now since there's more stupid Pacquiao moving up buzz floating around... after all, it's only ten pounds and that's nothing for a world class professional fighter.

sorry but im not a pacman fan. However if he said he really was who am I to question him? Thats my whole point behind the moving down thing with DLH. Its a matter of being in shape...154 to 147 isnt a huge jump
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(streetlion1 @ Jan 1 2008, 02:55 PM) [snapback]373127[/snapback]
sorry but im not a pacman fan. However if he said he really was who am I to question him? Thats my whole point behind the moving down thing with DLH. Its a matter of being in shape...154 to 147 isnt a huge jump

154 to 147 isn't a "jump" ; 154 to 147 is a DROP.

For purposes of this discussion these two terms are exact opposites.

Anyone can "jump" 7 pounds, that is move up 7 pounds to fight in a higher division. NOT everyone can DROP 7 pounds, that is lose weight to fight in a lower division. This is especially true of course when you are talking about a guy that has enough trouble making weight in his current division. Do you think Taylor could "jump" (drop) to 154 from 160? It's "only 6 pounds" in your view correct? If Taylor said he was going to fight his next fight at 154 would you buy that? Would you question him?

streetlion1
QUOTE(BrutalBodyShots @ Jan 1 2008, 07:23 PM) [snapback]373144[/snapback]
154 to 147 isn't a "jump" ; 154 to 147 is a DROP.

For purposes of this discussion these two terms are exact opposites.

Anyone can "jump" 7 pounds, that is move up 7 pounds to fight in a higher division. NOT everyone can DROP 7 pounds, that is lose weight to fight in a lower division. This is especially true of course when you are talking about a guy that has enough trouble making weight in his current division. Do you think Taylor could "jump" (drop) to 154 from 160? It's "only 6 pounds" in your view correct? If Taylor said he was going to fight his next fight at 154 would you buy that? Would you question him?

Well that is a different fighter. Maybe I shouldnt go by DLH's word that he is fighting at 147 this year...he could always change his mind. From what I saw DLH was in great shape at 154...now is it completly out of the question that he cant drop down? I dont think it is. Its worth questioning yeah.....but not impossible. If Taylor said he was moving down I wouldnt beleive him not because I dont think he could do it but because I dont put the same standards on him. DLH is just one of my favorite fighters. I think him being in a already crowded division is good for boxing and while he has something left in the tank I would love to see him in the ring with one of the young warriors. I dunno we'll just see I guess. thumbsup_anim.gif
D-MARV
Oscar fought Floyd at 154, I think he went into fight night at around 166! im not sure so correct me if Im wrong! Anyways If Oscar did a good job of staying in shape since that fight then he can make 147! If Oscar can start his training camp at around 160 then he will make 147 easily. Now keep in mind that he isnt fighting until May. That is five months from now! But like I said he would have had to maintain a resonable weight! Now if he is walking around @ 175-180 range, then he has no chance to make that weight! And if he does then he will be so drained that whoever he fights would beat him anyways. That is what amazes me with Hatton. he has the ability to walk around at 175-180 pounds then drop all the way down to 140 and fight at the intensity level that he does!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.