Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ike Ibeabuchi, no parole?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ryguy jones jr
He had the parole hearing in August and then I think by December they were supposed to decide if he gets paroled or not. I can't find any confirmation about whether he was definitely declined. It would have been slightly interesting to see what he could do after 9 years of ring rust.

http://www.doc.nv.gov/notis/detail.php?offender_id=71979
AussieLad
Drumroll please..... clapping.gif
D-MARV
Tragic!!!!!
I wonder how far he would of went in the heavyweight division! He could've very well been the second best during his prime. (No way he was beating Lennox Lewis)
JD
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Dec 29 2007, 06:44 PM) [snapback]372772[/snapback]
Drumroll please..... clapping.gif

LOL...it does seem like it has been a while, doesn't it?
BigG
I hate Lennox...but he would have beaten Ike.
Maxy
Ike Ibeabuchi threads merely underline how poor the division is today. All hail the could've been saviour...
WolfishPromistah
To tell the truth, the division probably wouldn't be so bad if serious guys would just...fight -- of all things to ask for. Man, I almost went to sleep just focusing my statement towards thought "of" the current heavyweight division; that's how bad it is.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Dec 29 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]372770[/snapback]
He had the parole hearing in August and then I think by December they were supposed to decide if he gets paroled or not. I can't find any confirmation about whether he was definitely declined. It would have been slightly interesting to see what he could do after 9 years of ring rust.

Nothing.. He's a fat ass now... In excess of 300 lbs. have you seen pics of him lately?? This guy, if he fights again, gets KO'd by the 1st top 50 guy he faces... He's a crazy fat ass, who had all the potential in the world...
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE(ryguy jones jr @ Dec 29 2007, 05:51 PM) [snapback]372770[/snapback]

I wish I would've known you were starting this thread before you started it. And I would have warned you against it.

We all like to wonder how good Ike would have been but don't dare bring it up in a message board or the usual suspects will bust your balls. Although I like to wonder myself i understand their stance seeing as these posts pops up every 3 to 4 months.
Michigan Assassin
Although I will say that i own the fight worn gloves and contracts for both fighters in the Byrd - Ibeabuchi fight so I hope Ike either comes backa nd cleans out the division or never fights again. Which ever wil help the value of the gloves, haha.
BrutalBodyShots
YAY, THE BI-MONTHLY IKE IKEBUCHI THREAD!

Sorry for the CAPS, but I was really excited as this thread was long overdue.

Southeastpaw
Ya'll know where I stand on IKE. Ike would have put Lennox in the hospital, smacked down the Klits to where they would not even be able to look Ike in the eye ever again. And would have inevitibly became the governor of Nevada. He woulda been king of the HW division for years to come. But so sad what happened. Even if he got back into it now, if he made parole, it is far to late for my poor man.
D-MARV
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Dec 30 2007, 02:17 PM) [snapback]372936[/snapback]
Ya'll know where I stand on IKE. Ike would have put Lennox in the hospital, smacked down the Klits to where they would not even be able to look Ike in the eye ever again. And would have inevitibly became the governor of Nevada. He woulda been king of the HW division for years to come. But so sad what happened. Even if he got back into it now, if he made parole, it is far to late for my poor man.

I agree!
He would have been a force in the Heavyweight division! He would have knocked out both Kilts! But he wasn't messing With Lennox! Lennox would have out-classed him over 12 rounds!
basicjab

I never understood why so much hype around Ike, I mean he had a close fight with Tua (who I thought won most of the exchanges), and KTFO Bryd. This does not necessarily make him a savior for the division. And I don't think he could have beaten either of the Klit brothers.
AussieLad
All it proved was that he could take numerous flush shots from probably the hardest puncher in the division, and that he could pressure and land a brutal kill shot on the most elusive fighter in the division

Proves hardly anything really....

Damn, maybe its because i am having withdrawals from a truly exciting heavyweight that i am forced to post in this redundant thread thumbsdown_anim.gif
BrutalBodyShots
Ike certainly had the ability to improve... he only had 20 fights.

TheWhiteBuffalo
Alot of people do not really know the story about Ike.

Contrary to popular belief, Ike was not mentally ill at all, which has been reported in the media since day one. The "voices" he heard in his head were the brainchild of his former manager, Ricky Andrews.

Ike was steadily climbing the ladder in the Heavyweight Division and was poised for the inevitable clash with the division's fastest rising star, Francois Botha. After extensive review of the fight tapes, coroner reports, and the century old South African legends about the White Buffalo, Ike was faced with a career changing decision.

Does he step in the ring with the South African Warlord, the ManBeast, The African Assassin, Francois Botha......or does he live to breath another day? Under the guidance of Ricky Andrews, Ike decided that the only safe place to live out his years would be behind the bars of Nevada's Lovelock Correctional Center. After paying an exotic dancer an undisclosed amount of money, she filed false allegations against the former boxing star. This was an unfortunate plan of events, but was clearly out of necessity.

Despite the iron bars, razor wire, and armed guards in control towers, Ike still lays awake at night hearing the moan of the Buffalo nation. The man is not insane, he is merely a mortal man who was in the wrong division at the wrong time. Are there lessons to be learned from this story? Probably not. The only thing I would caution to everyone is that life is fragile. In an instant you can have your life forever changed, or lost, when you try and indirectly try and take what is not rightfully yours. Ike knew that the Heavyweight gold was rightfully the possession of Frans Botha, but he felt secure many thousands of miles away. Never once did Ike and his team pay homage to The Buffalo, and that negligence cost him his freedom and his dream.

AussieLad
Who wouldn't be terrorfied???

Alone on the streets at night, and then you hear it... the low mornfull "moooooooooo" of the were-buffalo
ryguy jones jr
QUOTE(The Original MrFactor @ Dec 29 2007, 11:38 PM) [snapback]372805[/snapback]
Nothing.. He's a fat ass now... In excess of 300 lbs. have you seen pics of him lately?? This guy, if he fights again, gets KO'd by the 1st top 50 guy he faces... He's a crazy fat ass, who had all the potential in the world...

That one pic of where he looked fat was a short while after he was first locked up. Then he got his shit together and went to school in prison and is keeping himself in real good shape. I hope he gets out because it would at least make the heavyweight division a little interesting (for me anyway).

I LIKE IKE thumbsup_anim.gif

JD
If Ike gets out and rushes to get a big fight, he will get his ass handed to him - even in this version of the division.

and the NEW
^^^^^

I agree.

Ike is old news.
Boxingjunkie
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Dec 29 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]372780[/snapback]
I hate Lennox...but he would have beaten Ike.

Lennox got ko'ed by McCall and Rahman. Ike is ten times the fighter those guys ever were. Ike would have walked through Lewis just like he did everyone else he faced.

Boxingjunkie
BrutalBodyShots
QUOTE(Boxingjunkie @ Jan 1 2008, 07:54 PM) [snapback]373138[/snapback]
Lennox got ko'ed by McCall and Rahman. Ike is ten times the fighter those guys ever were. Ike would have walked through Lewis just like he did everyone else he faced.

And Lennox was 10 times the fighter of any of Ike's opponents during his short career.

Spreadking3rd
Lewis in 2001 was a very good fighter. He would have worn the cup up to his tits, and tried to hold Ibeabuchi behind the head whenever he could. Lewis was a very good dirty fighter, when he had a tough opponent on his hands. Steward is the best at training large dirty heavyweights.
SpitShineTommy
QUOTE(Spreadking3rd @ Jan 2 2008, 03:41 AM) [snapback]373160[/snapback]
Lewis in 2001 was a very good fighter. He would have worn the cup up to his tits, and tried to hold Ibeabuchi behind the head whenever he could. Lewis was a very good dirty fighter, when he had a tough opponent on his hands. Steward is the best at training large dirty heavyweights.

JOE MESI destroys both these humps !!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.