Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Gorres-Here We Go Undisputed World Bantamweight Championship SUPERFIGHT Thread
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
On Sunday January 6, 2008 the first sunday of the new year, THE super-fight of the lower weight classes is finally on to kick off the new year of fights with the biggest bang!

Virtually Undefeated, The 2nd fighter in history to be a 4 Division World Champion, the former Jr. Flyweight, Flyweight, Jr. Bantamweight and reigning and defending Undisputed Bantamweight Champion Of The World, Z Gorres (28-1-1 10KOs) puts his titles on the line against Virtually Undefeated Legend, Former Jr. Bantamweight and Former 2-Time Undisputed Bantamweight World Champion CyruS "Here We Go" ViruS (26-3-2 19 KOs)

After a few setbacks this fight is finally on for all the marbles and will automatically be contender to fight of the year for 2008.

Z Gorres Career highlights :

L UD 12, W UD 12 AJ Banal - reverses a loss to the former world champion
W KO 1 Andrei Sokolnikov - For the Jr. Flyweight title
W UD 12 Nonito "Filipino Flash" Donaire
D 12 Fernando "Cochulito" Montiel
W UD 12 Reynaldo "Boom-Boom" Bautista - For the Flyweight Title
W KO 2 Reggie "The Kiss" Hope
W TKO 8, W TKO 10 Roger Mayweather - 2nd fight for the Undisputed Bantamweight title
W UD 12 CyruS "No Fear" ViruS
W UD 12 Frankie "The Brit" Skipton
W UD 12 Kindred "Spirit" Cole

Here We Go Career highlights :

W UD 12, W KO 11, W KO 11 The Latvian Fighting Snake - 2nd Fight for the Jr. Bantamweight Title
W UD 12, W KO 6 "King" Leonardo E. Christopholis III - 1st fight for the Bantamweight Title
W KO 11, W UD 12 Fernando "Cochulito" Montiel - The Original Little Man SuperFight of SuperFights
D 12, W KO 9 Kindred "Spirit" Cole - puts on a devastating performance after a draw in the first fight.
W KO 4 Nonito "Filipino Flash" Donaire - over the 2 division champ
L UD 12, D 12, W UD 12 "Lean" Leon Greene - reverses a loss
W KO 11 Ricardo Reyes - contender
L UD 12, L MD 12, W UD 12 - reverses a loss with power punches in the 3rd fight.

-- --------------

PLACE YOUR BETS ON THE SUPERFIGHT!
BigG
Gorres will be bringing the heat. If the KO comes, it comes. He will be prepared to go 12.
CyruS
HWG is back from his adventures in twig-land. He's bringing the guns with him to this one.
BigG
This will probably the biggest fight of 08'.

Both guys have beaten everyone they've ever fought.

Both guys, skillwise are the top fighters P4P.

Gorres - 4 Division champion with wins over several good/great fighters.

HWG - The Bernard Hopkins of the BW division...nuff said.

CyruS
Both fighters put on a hell of a show of skill and both fighters ended up with a draw!
BigG
Fuck it

Gorres and HWG are basically P4P # 1 and P4P # 2 after the fight...although Gorres could have edged it.
Blayde
Nah, youve got to handle twigs better than HWG did to be P4P top 2 wink.gif
Maxy
Both fighters are legends, both fighters are hall of fame certainties and both have never ducked a challenge. Hopefully they still have enough in the tank to continue with their careers for a large part of 08 and I'm sure that their rivalry will continue.
BigG
Gorres has 10 injury points and his conditioning/chin are incredible. he isn't retiring anytime soon.
Maxy
QUOTE(biggeorge89 @ Jan 6 2008, 06:46 AM) [snapback]373682[/snapback]
Gorres has 10 injury points and his conditioning/chin are incredible. he isn't retiring anytime soon.

Fuckin' hell!!

10 injury points is mad crazy considering the amount of fights he's had. Shit, some of my fighters, even the good ones, have got like 40+ injury points in just one bout. Thats a mad stat. Gorres can go on forever!
BigG
Oh wait my mistake...I just checked right now...he has 20+. He took 0 from HWG.

The secret is Gorres defense and toughness. Aside from the flash knockdown vs. Skipton, he has never been closed to getting hurt.

I've also never seen him tired.

Against HWG, he didn't even need to rest and HWG usually batters fighters to the body. Gorres is my special fighter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.