Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official Angus-Butkiss World Cruiserweight Championship SUPERFIGHT!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Fantasy League > FightHype WEBL
CyruS
On Sunday January 6 is a super-fight between pound for pound fighters.

Reigning and defending 3 Time Cruiserweight Champion Of The World Harold "Harry" Angus (28-1-1 18KOs) puts his title on the line against the true #1 Pound 4 Pound Fighter In The World Today and the reigning Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World, Richard "Dick" Butkiss (22-3-1 14KOs)

Will Angus finally get a big name on a resume? Will Butkiss actually beat Angus and become World Cruiserweight Champion and pick up the fighter contract to the current Heavyweight Champion Of The World!?

Angus Career Highlights :

W UD 12, W UD 12 Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn (managed by don)
W UD 12, W UD 12, W KO 9 Maxy "Ice Cream" Gawn - for a 3rd cruiserweight title in the 3rd fight. (2 fights managed by don, 3rd by Maxy)
W UD 12, W KO 6 Max Kellerman - For the Cruiserweight title in the first fight, 2nd cruiserweight title in the 2nd fight (managed by don)
W UD 12 James "The Reaper" Roper - at heavyweight (managed by don)
W KO 5 Herbie "Dancing Destroyer" Hide - contender (managed by maxy)
W UD 12 Aleksander Alexeev (managed by maxy)

Butkiss Career Highlights :

W UD 12, W UD 12, W UD 12 Jeff "The Genesis" Ghusson - defeats dominate Light Heavyweight Champion (1st fight managed by don, 2nd and 3rd by CyruS)
W KO 11 Jean Pascal (managed by don)
W KO 8, W KO 3 Terrence "Ten Count" Tunney (1st fight managed by don, 2nd fight by CyruS) - defeats dominate Light Heavyweight Champion in first fight
L UD 12, W KO 9 Maxy "Deep Freeze" Gawn (1st fight managed by don, 2nd fight by CyruS) - unifys Light Heavyweight Title and Linear Light Heavyweight in 2nd fight to become Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion.

------------

PLACE YOUR BETS ON THIS SUPERFIGHT!

BigG
Angus will KO Butkiss. I Dont think Butkiss is really a CW. He's biting off more then he can chew.,
CyruS
He's no where near a cruiserweight but he wants to see what he can do.
CyruS
QUOTE(www.fighthype.com/FHWeBL-SuperFightWeekend2)
Weigh In Brawl Between Butkiss and Angus Entourage!

During the weigh in early this afternoon in which Angus weighed in at the cruiserweight limit of 200 lbs. and Butkiss came in at a very light 178 lbs. Butkiss said some derogatory things towards Harold Angus to which a few members of Angus's entourage took it upon themselves to approach the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion. Butkiss's response? A knock out punch to Angus's best friend and a slap heard round the world to Angus's little brother! Butkiss then proceeded to grab the microphone and talk so much trash that Angus supporters in the crowd literally began throwing trash at the Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion. The promotion for this fight is getting uglier by the minute. We'll have more information as it arrives.
BigG
178 pounds? Butkiss will get KO'd. He is too small. But he deserves props for taking this.

Angus will have to fight "Bad" Chad in he future.
Maxy
SHOTS FIRED AT ANGUS-BUTKISS WEIGH IN!!
Following a fracas at which Richard "Dick" Butkiss punched Harold "Harry" Angus' best friend during the weigh in for their super-fight this coming Sunday, shots were fired from a member of Angus' entourage and were believed to have been aimed at the light heavyweight champion! Luckily no-one was injured but as the crowds took cover Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn and Lanky Maxy Gawn picked up Sonny Cochran and threw him off the stage where he landed head first into a pregnant reporter. The lady was rushed to hospital amid absolute confusion and it took a wall of armed security guards to finally break up the ugly melee! Lipstick and Lanky were later spotted smashing up Butkiss' limosine and it emerged that Lanky had been arrested for violently attacking one of Butkiss' bodyguards! He spent the night in a cell but is available to fight after being granted bail. Sadly the pregnant reporter lost her baby and it has been revealed that she is actually Butkiss' half-sister. The tragedy threatens to overshadow this titantic fight.

More to follow....
CyruS
QUOTE(www.fighthype.com/FHWeBL-SuperFightWeekend2)
Sonny Cochran Files Charges!

It has been reported that Sonny Cochran has filed criminal charges on Dipsy and Lanky Gawn for himself and on behalf of the previously pregnant reporter. These charges are serious since there was a loss of life at the weigh in. What was supposed to be a superfight affair has just turned into a black eye for the sport. We will have more information as it arrives.
The CEO
laugh.gif

wtf.gif

Weigh in slaps....melees...shots fired....tragic drama.

Maussa and McPheerson's beef really set the League OFF!
Maxy
When informed that charges were due to be filed against him for the tragic events at the Butkiss-Angus weigh in, world heavyweight champion Dipsy "Lipstick" Gawn merely shrugged his shoulders before telling reporters "I will kill Sonny Cochran....you can write that down!" When asked if he was sorry for what had happened Dipsy said, "No, I ain't sorry for shit. Accident's happen and my lawyer is dealing with it."

Lanky Maxy Gawn meanwhile is said to be in no state to fight tomorrow but Maxy Krumbsnatcher said "Although these events are regrettable the show must go on!"
The lack of remorse being shown by those involved has caused an outcry and the event could now be marred as protestors have vowed to march outside the arena. The biggest bill in the leagues history will now take place under a dark cloud. These are indeed very sad times.
BigG
Pregnant reporter? laugh.gif

Tyson was seen in the crowd, in a hooded up sweater, watching closely..."You could see the hunger in his eyes...I've never seen him so fired up for a fight" said Larry Holmes. Larry Holmes also said that what happened in the press conference was a tragedy. He admits that he was going to suckerpunch Dipsy but said that he didn't want charges pressed against him. "Dipsy better be focused on me. Looks like him and his cousin got other shit on his mind."

The Gawn's must be prepared.
Maxy
Harold "Harry" Angus has released a press statement on the eve of his epic encounter against Richard "Dick" Butkiss.

"I'd like to offer my condolences to Rachel Butkiss-Meyer. Obviously this is a difficult time for everyone right now but as a professional it is my job to put my thoughts to one side and get on with my job. I can promise my fans that I shall knock Butkiss out. 5 rounds is my prediction. The man has been nothin' but disrespectful to me, to my family, to my friends, and I have no time for such a low life sucka. This is gonna be a massacre."
CyruS
QUOTE(Richard "Dick" Butkiss - The Undisputed Light Heavyweight Champion Of The World)
I don't see how anyone is surprised that I weighed in at 178 lbs. Everyone knows I am a Light Heavyweight, THE best Light Heavyweight in the world. I am giving up height and weight to Angus and I am a big underdog in this fight, but who cares. I might get knocked out, I might not. I might lose, I might not. Who knows, but one thing is for sure, we are going to find out in just a little short while. I know some people are questioning if my head is in the fight right now after all thats happened, I can't handle everything right now, I have an obligation to go out there and give the people a fight they paid good money to see. As far as knocking out Angus's best friend and slapping the shit out of Angus's brother, yeah I enjoyed that shit! And after this fight is over, win, lose or draw, I'ma handle both the Gawns out in the street and in court!
CyruS
Butkiss loses via UD of scores of 119-112, 117-114, 118-113.

Ringside observers had it 116-113 for Angus

Quite a few 10-10 rounds.

Basically a boxing match up that didn't live up to the prefight explosions.
Blayde
Yeah, that fight was boring as hell. Almost fell to sleep reading it huh.gif
Maxy
If Butkiss wants a rematch he's got a clause in the contract to have one but seriously this was a dire fight. To be honest I'm surprised that Butkiss wasn't hurt in the bout because Deep Freeze did sting him when they met.

Angus has won a proper big fight here but this didn't impress anyone as a spectacle. Very disappointing.
BigG
laugh.gif

All I know is BOTH fighters failed to impress....Dawson would be a live dog vs each.
Blayde
Dawson is good. I still cant believe how he took care of Herbie. If you knock Hide out in the first round to expose his chin, fine. But dont kick his ass for some rounds before knocking him out sad.gif
CyruS
Butkiss has enforced his rematch clause. He said he wants to undo the cure to insomnia that was the first fight. He said his goal is to make the rematch a contender for Fight Of The Year.

Apparently he feels disgraced for having being part of the the most boring big fight on the super fight 2 card.
Maxy
QUOTE(CyruS @ Jan 6 2008, 11:05 AM) [snapback]373706[/snapback]
Butkiss has enforced his rematch clause. He said he wants to undo the cure to insomnia that was the first fight. He said his goal is to make the rematch a contender for Fight Of The Year.

Apparently he feels disgraced for having being part of the the most boring big fight on the super fight 2 card.

OK, we'll have to make sure it aint such a snoozefest this time around. I'm not so bothered now because at least I can't lose Lipstick if Butkiss takes the fight.
Blayde
Butkiss wants the rematch to be an exciting fight?

-> Harold by KO!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.