Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warlord!
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
pcraw
I knew that Sakaraba and Smirnovas happened in K-1, But the UFC nuthugger comment you made let me know it was a guy who loved Pride and hated to see it go. I also recall having a phone conversation with you where you said Wanderlei would kill Chuck and Forrest Griffin should get his burial plot ready if he fights Shogun...Oh and all of the UFC heavyweights should just retire becuase Cro Cop is coming!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe I almost forgot that. You named 2 sucessful fighters from Pride out of about 10 that has come over. I wouldnt call Nogs performance over Herring jaw dropping, neither Werdum's fight with Arlovski. In fact if Nog fights Tim Sylvia like he did Herring give me Sylvia all day. Sokoudjou is my boy, but he got owned by Machida. I couldve sent you a personal message, but since you call yourself blasting me on the boards I blast back. See, I'm an MMA nuthugger. I've interviewed guys from UFC, Elite XC, IFL, Ring Of Fire, Pride and organizations you've never even heard of. That's MMA nutthugger, not some guy that thinks all MMA runs through Japan (K-1/Pride). I appreciate the sport and I will talk to and support all facets of the game and any organization. See once you've had a fight in the UFC you are a UFC fighter not, guess where he came from? When Rampage beat Chuck he had fought Marvin Eastman in the UFC making him a UFC fighter, not a guess where he came from Pride...What makes me a Nick Diaz nutthugger? Let me guess because he gogoplata'ed the great Pride champ Gomi and I had it as submission of the year! Get real! By the way Nog is an UFC fighter now! It's best you hit me on a PM!

Percy
Warlord
QUOTE(pcraw @ Dec 30 2007, 05:40 PM) [snapback]372952[/snapback]
I knew that Sakaraba and Smirnovas happened in K-1, But the UFC nuthugger comment you made let me know it was a guy who loved Pride and hated to see it go. I also recall having a phone conversation with you where you said Wanderlei would kill Chuck and Forrest Griffin should get his burial plot ready if he fights Shogun...Oh and all of the UFC heavyweights should just retire becuase Cro Cop is coming!!!!!!!!!! I cant believe I almost forgot that. You named 2 sucessful fighters from Pride out of about 10 that has come over. I wouldnt call Nogs performance over Herring jaw dropping, neither Werdum's fight with Arlovski. In fact if Nog fights Tim Sylvia like he did Herring give me Sylvia all day. Sokoudjou is my boy, but he got owned by Machida. I couldve sent you a personal message, but since you call yourself blasting me on the boards I blast back. See, I'm an MMA nuthugger. I've interviewed guys from UFC, Elite XC, IFL, Ring Of Fire, Pride and organizations you've never even heard of. That's MMA nutthugger, not some guy that thinks all MMA runs through Japan (K-1/Pride). I appreciate the sport and I will talk to and support all facets of the game and any organization. See once you've had a fight in the UFC you are a UFC fighter not, guess where he came from? When Rampage beat Chuck he had fought Marvin Eastman in the UFC making him a UFC fighter, not a guess where he came from Pride...What makes me a Nick Diaz nutthugger? Let me guess because he gogoplata'ed the great Pride champ Gomi and I had it as submission of the year! Get real! By the way Nog is an UFC fighter now! It's best you hit me on a PM!

Percy

Percy, I think your post probably sounded good in your mind, but you executed it pretty poorly in reality. Sober up and try again. The only thing I really got from all of this is that you think your message somehow embarrassed me or shamed me in some way. It didn't. It actually sounded pretty polite, if not overly jumbled and sporatic.

Anyway, you get an "A" for effort from me for at least trying to put together a decent response. Bravo.
pcraw
QUOTE(Warlord @ Dec 31 2007, 12:26 AM) [snapback]372992[/snapback]
Percy, I think your post probably sounded good in your mind, but you executed it pretty poorly in reality. Sober up and try again. The only thing I really got from all of this is that you think your message somehow embarrassed me or shamed me in some way. It didn't. It actually sounded pretty polite, if not overly jumbled and sporatic.

Anyway, you get an "A" for effort from me for at least trying to put together a decent response. Bravo.

I'll take an A over an F anyday. I hate people that kiss ass over the phone and become a keyboard warrior on the boards. You get an A for effort in trying to degrade 100's of fighters that has the balls to do something I'm sure you wouldnt do, step inside the cage. Let me guess; you train in MMA? It doesnt matter! As I said in my other post I wish I had the time you have to get my degree in being a straight beast on the keyboard, but I dont. That's the best way you can respond and defend Cro Cop getting his head kicked off, Shogun tapping with seconds left and Herring being a human punching bag in the UFC. Bravo! I was not trying to embarrass you in no kind of way, I just put a mirror in front of your face on all of your Pride predictions. If your an MMA fan and cant realize by now that all of these guys are beatable then you're in an illusion. Happy New Year! Great reviews on my response to.
JD
I am not expert on this stuff...I watch here and there, and will admit to now being lured into ordering the big events.

That said, wouldn't one have to think that the Pride fighters are at a serious disadvantage having to fight UFC guys according to UFC rules? I would imagine that guys that fight in a cage have an advantage in the cage...and guys that fight in the ring have an advantage in the ring. No?

Douchebag
QUOTE(JD @ Dec 31 2007, 02:59 PM) [snapback]373020[/snapback]
I am not expert on this stuff...I watch here and there, and will admit to now being lured into ordering the big events.

That said, wouldn't one have to think that the Pride fighters are at a serious disadvantage having to fight UFC guys according to UFC rules? I would imagine that guys that fight in a cage have an advantage in the cage...and guys that fight in the ring have an advantage in the ring. No?

The fighters won't admit it but I think that is true. There is certain shit that you can do in a cage that you just can't do in a ring.
Southeastpaw
It depends on the fighter. Let's not forget that Liddell came from Pride as well. Fighters like Liddell, Anderson Silva, and Jackson made the transition very well. Honestly, for a very talented, smart fighter, it shouldn't really matter all that much. Just my opinion of course.
jp
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 2 2008, 12:32 PM) [snapback]373192[/snapback]
It depends on the fighter. Let's not forget that Liddell came from Pride as well. Fighters like Liddell, Anderson Silva, and Jackson made the transition very well. Honestly, for a very talented, smart fighter, it shouldn't really matter all that much. Just my opinion of course.

Pretty sure Liddell got his start in the UFC, the guy had 5-6 fights in the UFC before he ever fought in Pride. Plus Dana was always with him and even did commentary during some of his Pride fights.

I think the transition from the ring to the octagon is causing more problems than the rule changes. The ring is smaller in size which makes it easier for strikers like CC, Silva, or Shogun to cut off an opponent and utilize their striking abilities. Although I can't cite the dimensions off the top of my head, I know the octagon is considerably larger. Having a fence also favors wrestlers/gnp'ers because they can keep their opponent up against the cage without the ref breaking the action due to the fighters getting caught up in the ropes.

Warlord
QUOTE(pcraw @ Dec 31 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]373009[/snapback]
I'll take an A over an F anyday. I hate people that kiss ass over the phone and become a keyboard warrior on the boards. You get an A for effort in trying to degrade 100's of fighters that has the balls to do something I'm sure you wouldnt do, step inside the cage. Let me guess; you train in MMA? It doesnt matter! As I said in my other post I wish I had the time you have to get my degree in being a straight beast on the keyboard, but I dont. That's the best way you can respond and defend Cro Cop getting his head kicked off, Shogun tapping with seconds left and Herring being a human punching bag in the UFC. Bravo! I was not trying to embarrass you in no kind of way, I just put a mirror in front of your face on all of your Pride predictions. If your an MMA fan and cant realize by now that all of these guys are beatable then you're in an illusion. Happy New Year! Great reviews on my response to.

Percy, again, you've gone over my head with the crap you came up with. Where do you get this "keyboard warrior" stuff? I haven't threatened you in anyway, called you any names, challenged you to a duel, or any of the countless other shit that comes along with being a "keyboard warrior."

All this shit started when I made a blanket statement (in jest, which was obvious to anyone with half a brain) that Sakuraba/Smirnovas was the most dramatic fight in MMA history, and anyone who disagreed was a UFC nuthugger. You, for whatever reason, got your panties in a bunch the minute the phrase "UFC nuthugger" was tossed out, even though that particular phrase was in no way directed towards you or anyone else. So you responded to call me a "PRIDE Nuthugger" as a result, even though the fight in question was indeed a K-1: Heros fight.

So now, here we are, going back and forth across the internet like two faggots with some gay ass "e-beef." Whatever. Keep this shit going as long as you want, cool guy. You're impressing everybody.
Warlord
QUOTE(Southeastpaw @ Jan 2 2008, 12:32 PM) [snapback]373192[/snapback]

Actually, Liddell got his start in UFC. He went to Pride in an attempt to land a match with Wanderlei Silva. After nearly getting KO'd by Guy Mezger, Liddell watched all hope of a match with Silva go down the drain after getting raped by Quinton Jackson at Pride: Final Conflict 2003.

As for the Pride versus UFC debate, I'm about sick of it. Each org has its advantages and disadvantages. Pride had the better rules package and competition, and a more educated fanbase overall. UFC obviously has the better management and business model, shitty fighter wages excluded. But the fanbase for the UFC, for the most part, is horrid at best. Assholes in the audience chanting "USA! USA!" in the stands everytime an american fighter takes on a foreign-born opponent can get to be downright sickening at times. I won't even go into detail about the numerous fans spitting at the fighters, booing them, calling them names, even tossing out racial slurs towards guys like Rampage and Anderson Silva after they decimated the UFC's poster boys. Whatever. Let's wait on fighthype's resident UFC nuthugger to run in with his typical defensive response. 3... 2... 1...
pcraw
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jan 4 2008, 12:22 AM) [snapback]373363[/snapback]
Actually, Liddell got his start in UFC. He went to Pride in an attempt to land a match with Wanderlei Silva. After nearly getting KO'd by Guy Mezger, Liddell watched all hope of a match with Silva go down the drain after getting raped by Quinton Jackson at Pride: Final Conflict 2003.

As for the Pride versus UFC debate, I'm about sick of it. Each org has its advantages and disadvantages. Pride had the better rules package and competition, and a more educated fanbase overall. UFC obviously has the better management and business model, shitty fighter wages excluded. But the fanbase for the UFC, for the most part, is horrid at best. Assholes in the audience chanting "USA! USA!" in the stands everytime an american fighter takes on a foreign-born opponent can get to be downright sickening at times. I won't even go into detail about the numerous fans spitting at the fighters, booing them, calling them names, even tossing out racial slurs towards guys like Rampage and Anderson Silva after they decimated the UFC's poster boys. Whatever. Let's wait on fighthype's resident UFC nuthugger to run in with his typical defensive response. 3... 2... 1...

My only response is if you think you could do what I do, oh wait...congrats on that 1 interview where you seemed like a huge Berube nuthugger! No more from me, have a great day.
pcraw
QUOTE(Warlord @ Jan 4 2008, 12:12 AM) [snapback]373362[/snapback]
Percy, again, you've gone over my head with the crap you came up with. Where do you get this "keyboard warrior" stuff? I haven't threatened you in anyway, called you any names, challenged you to a duel, or any of the countless other shit that comes along with being a "keyboard warrior."

All this shit started when I made a blanket statement (in jest, which was obvious to anyone with half a brain) that Sakuraba/Smirnovas was the most dramatic fight in MMA history, and anyone who disagreed was a UFC nuthugger. You, for whatever reason, got your panties in a bunch the minute the phrase "UFC nuthugger" was tossed out, even though that particular phrase was in no way directed towards you or anyone else. So you responded to call me a "PRIDE Nuthugger" as a result, even though the fight in question was indeed a K-1: Heros fight.

So now, here we are, going back and forth across the internet like two faggots with some gay ass "e-beef." Whatever. Keep this shit going as long as you want, cool guy. You're impressing everybody.

You couldnt threaten me, but when you try and call me drunk or uneducated on a computer moniter other than in person that's keyboard. Peace!!!!!!!!!!
Warlord
QUOTE(pcraw @ Jan 9 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]374191[/snapback]
You couldnt threaten me, but when you try and call me drunk or uneducated on a computer moniter other than in person that's keyboard. Peace!!!!!!!!!!

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt when I said you must've been drunk to write that post, buddy. I assumed that a "professional" such as yourself was at least vaguely aware of what full-stops and paragraphs breaks were. Sorry. My bad. Sincerest apologies on my part.
STEVENSKI
Pride, UFC, Elite XC I don't give a shit they all put on good fights (or did in Pride's case). I enjoy MMA for what it is 2 guys going into combat. I did like the Pride stomps & soccer kicks though but found it strange that they did not allow elbows.
AussieLad
I think UFC and pride should amalgamate some rules. Like elbows and kicking a fighter to the head while on the ground. They should be allowed

Pride fighters have suffered alot in the transition over to ufc, but some of the big names that have come over are past their best, crocop, wanderlai, minotauro, and maybe even shogun are probably past their use by dates

I still want to see fedor come across, but he is to nationalistic and has too many sambo commitments to make it happen. Fedor will break sylvia's arm like mir did in some sort of lethal arm bar
Douchebag
QUOTE(AussieLad @ Jan 19 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]375475[/snapback]
I think UFC and pride should amalgamate some rules. Like elbows and kicking a fighter to the head while on the ground. They should be allowed

Pride fighters have suffered alot in the transition over to ufc, but some of the big names that have come over are past their best, crocop, wanderlai, minotauro, and maybe even shogun are probably past their use by dates

I still want to see fedor come across, but he is to nationalistic and has too many sambo commitments to make it happen. Fedor will break sylvia's arm like mir did in some sort of lethal arm bar

The kneeing/kicking on the ground thing is really not a UFC rule its a USA rule. The UFC really can't do anything about it. That why none of the US based MMA leagues allow it.
AussieLad
QUOTE(The Conscience @ Jan 20 2008, 12:51 AM) [snapback]375486[/snapback]
The kneeing/kicking on the ground thing is really not a UFC rule its a USA rule. The UFC really can't do anything about it. That why none of the US based MMA leagues allow it.

Its a shame. I wonder if they would allow the "extra's" if they staged a fight card in japan under a UFC banner

Got a good feeling about this latest card on tonight. No blockbuster big name fights, but the match ups will produce the goods in terms of fireworks. Usually the big name fights are overhyped
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.